Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Raquel's Creative Cakes

Your imagination is my inspiration!

Raquel’s Creative Cakes is located in Bryson City, NC (in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains) and serves all of Western North Carolina and North Georgie. We offer custom cakes and specialty desserts for all occasions: elegant to whimsical wedding and commitment cakes, fun bridal or baby shower cakes, birthday wish cakes, sentimental anniversary cakes, holiday or any special event cakes. Specialty desserts for rehearsal dinners and catered events are also available. We are passionate about making your cake unique to you!

Raquel Moore has been baking and decorating cakes as a hobby business for over twenty years. She also taught Wilton Method Cake Decorating classes for over five years.  Billie Jones, a former student of Raquel's and a gum paste artist, joined Raquel's Creative Cakes in October 2013.

Contact us for a complimentary consultation, we look forward to working with you to create a cake that is unique to you!

Raquel's Creative Cakes

Delivery (4)
Setup (4)
Consultations (3)
Groom's Cake (1)

Raquel's Creative Cakes is the absolute best! Her cake was just what my daughter wanted and she did a great job with delivery and setup!

Profile Picture Sandra, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Raquel was absolutely wonderful and extremely professional. She did our dessert table which consisted of a small wedding cake, mini cheesecakes, mini apple pies, and mini cupcakes. Everything looked and tasted amazing! Raquel is a pleasure to work with and a genius when it comes to designing.

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
0.5

11 Days before our wedding, Raquel had added 200$ to the quote. My response of course was, "WHAT"!!!!!
Her response to my, “WHAT”, was her producing a hand written quote she wrote in pencil, and at some point later adding (written in pen at the bottom) extra charges. When I questioned her about it, she came back and tried to defend it, not knowing that I still had a copy of her quote she gave me. I then scanned the quote and sent it back to her demanding to know why she was trying to rip my mom off; she then stated that she was sorry we couldn't agree on the terms and was sending back my mom's deposit. At this point we were at 9 days until my wedding.
At first my mom was furious at me, thinking I was being bridezilla (everyone that knows me, knows I am not that girl, however, I can be very direct!), when she found out that I was speaking the truth (providing the evidence) she too, was furious.
Besides Raquel being unprofessional in our dealings with her, living in the middle of nowhere and working out of her home, she does not produce her own fillings, in our experience she did not make most of the decorations for the cake (at least in our dealings) and the actual cake is not moist or remarkable at all. The money you think you will save will be added on at the end.
9 days before our wedding, we finally called a professional, and he came to the rescue. We landed up paying more for a smaller cake (still less than her final invoice by about 150$), finding out from him that the cake that she convinced us to add another layer to, was enough to feed 200 people before the additional layer was added for my wedding of 125.
In any event, in my Cinderella story, our wedding turned out flawless, beautiful, no other issues or problems, but it is my opinion, if you want to avoid this unnecessary stress for your wedding, use a professional. Cutting corners & using pop up vendors such as Raquel is a stressful and dangerous way to try to save money. Happy Wedding Peeps!

Profile Picture melissa, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews

Raquel's Creative Cakes Pricing

Wedding Cakes Pricing
Cupcakes (Each, Without Tax)
Starting from $3.00