Modern Muse Beauty Collective

8229 Shoal Creek Blvd #107, Austin, TX 78757 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Modern Muse Beauty Collective

Modern Muse Beauty is a professional wedding makeup and hair company based in Austin, Texas that specializes in enhancing a bride’s natural beauty. Owner Katie Astoria believes each bride possesses features like her long hair, full lips, large eyes, or beautiful skin color that make her uniquely beautiful. It’s these features that Katie and her apprentice Chara Sroufe strive to bring forth in your hair and makeup look. Modern Muse Beauty gladly does makeup and hair for weddings, portraits, fashion, and all your special events.

Experience
Katie has loved all things hair and makeup since she was a little girl. After years in the business industry, she took a leap of faith and began pursuing a career in cosmetology. Katie received training from The Aveda Institute and from many leaders in the makeup industry. Today, she works as an independent hair stylist and makeup artist at a renowned Central Austin salon. Katie is also an Educator for Hothead Hair Extensions. Chara, who is training under Katie, received her cosmetology training from Avenue 5 Institute in 2016 and worked as an esthetician for the Paul Mitchell School before she joined Modern Muse Beauty.

Katie and Chara create smooth, clean, and elegant looks that express your distinct style using a range of exceptional beauty services and quality products. Modern Muse Beauty can provide hair and makeup for you and up to 25 of your wedding party members. They pride themselves on coming to your location to deliver professional airbrush and contour makeup as well as gorgeous blowouts, hair extensions, updos and styling, and textured styling. Modern Muse Beauty also does keratin treatments, hair coloring, haircuts, and airbrush tanning.

Follow Modern Muse Beauty Collective on

The bride holding her bouquet
The bride holding her bouquet

9 Reviews for Modern Muse Beauty Collective

Adriana Kohler · Married on 11/11/2018

Talented stylists! Amazing results!

Katie and the Modern Muse team are amazing! They made my wedding day even more special! Katie stepped in after the hair stylist I planned to work with wasn't able to make it. The trial was so useful to understand the range of makeup styles that could be used.

Katie is super easy to work with - reliable, responsive, and professional. She was so friendly with the bridal party, mom, and mother-in-law and made all of us feel at ease.

Would totally recommend Modern Muse for anyone looking to feel and look beautiful on their special day!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Ashley · Married on 01/30/2016

We had a destination wedding in Austin and I was not able to get down to do a hair and makeup trial until literally the week of my wedding. I found Katie through the recommendation of a friend and I am so, so glad I did. I'm actually sad I don't get to see her 3 times this week! :) We did my hair and make up trial on a Wednesday and since I am not an expert in either field I let her do her thing and was so thrilled with the results - there was not a change to be made! Friday she did my hair and makeup for my rehearsal dinner - a little sassier and a bright red lip and I was off! Saturday she was my saving grace. She and her team had a million members of my entourage to work on and they did so with grace and an amazing attitude. Whenever I felt overwhelmed, Katie would notice and make me laugh and put me at ease. She helped make my "pretty, pretty princess day" so great - I am completely convinced I will never look better! My makeup and hair lasted all night - probably because I told her I wanted to dance until my face melted off. Thank you so much for everything Katie!!

Sent on 02/06/2016

Modern Muse Beauty Collective's reply:

You ARE a pretty, pretty princess, Ashley! Thank you so much for choosing Modern Muse Beauty for your wedding! It was my pleasure to get to know you and help you with all your wedding weekend beauty!

Marlene · Married on 11/07/2015

Katie and her team were wonderful beauty stylists on the day of my daughter's wedding. Katie was attentive and flexible to coming to our home the very early morning of a noon wedding ceremony. She and her assistants worked efficiently and good naturedly amidst small children underfoot and lots of excitement in the home. My daughter, the bride was pampered, as were her sister and sister in law...her matrons of honor. They all looked exquisite, and were so happy with their hair and makeup. Katie was very responsive in the months leading up to the wedding , whenever questions or scheduling tweaks occurred. Her personality is warm and caring, as well as assuring and confident The value for service was excellent. We are huge fans!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Modern Muse Beauty Collective FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 45.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 45.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 189.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 45.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 185.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 120.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 120.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What beauty services do you offer? Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Modern Muse Beauty Collective 1
    $20 off Color Service
    Receive $20 off any hair color service when you book your wedding with Modern Muse Beauty

• Austin Weddings Unlimited
    Austin Weddings Unlimited Wedding Officiants

Modern Muse's work is outstanding. Katie and her team are professionals who understand wedding schedules. Her brides and bridal parties are always beautiful and on-time to events. Katie and her staff are professional, warm, friendly. We regularly recommend Modern Muse, and are happy they are our colleagues in this industry.

• Cory Ryan Photography
    Cory Ryan Photography Wedding Photographers

Katie of Modern Muse Makeup Artistry is such a pro! She can do any look from subtle and pretty, to dramatic and sexy. But most importantly, she knows how to perfect make-up for the camera! She is full of tips, tricks & plain ole talent to make you look absolutely fabulous is all your wedding photos!

• 8229 Shoal Creek Blvd #107, #107 Austin, Texas, 78757 See on map