Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden

Richmond, VA View map

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden offers a variety of spaces in a gorgeous and serene setting with year-round beauty in our more than 40 acres of gardens. Exquisite facilities and superb food provided by the Garden’s exclusive in-house caterer, Meriwether Godsey, make this a unique setting for your dream wedding.

The Bloemendaal House, with views of Lakeside Lake, is an ideal facility for rehearsal dinners and a favored location for wedding receptions. The House is embellished with period antiques and furnishings reminiscent of the Arts and Crafts Era. The first-floor includes formal rooms with fireplaces and cozy side rooms. In addition, there are covered verandas, extensive brick patios and a 30x60ft party tent so your guests can enjoy a night under the stars.

The "Gateway to the Garden", the classic, neo-Georgia style Robins Visitors Center provides dramatic views of our Conservatory. The formal Robins Room, with elegant chandeliers and tall French doors, is the perfect setting for guests to dine before moving into the more casual Garden Cafe to dance the night away. Guests can enjoy access to three terraces all with seating and two of which have stunning views of the Central Garden.

Set in the Asian Valley, the Robins Tea House is an oasis of tranquility and beauty. With its panoramic views of nature’s year-round splendor, the Tea House is the perfect setting for intimate evenings in the Garden.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1800.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1000.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Parking
Tables

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Garden
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Catering Services
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March

4.3

Heather J. Married on 08/28/2021

Best venue in RVA

Absolutely beautiful venue, and the staff made everything happen so well! They answered emails and made it clear that they cared very personally about my wedding.

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden's reply:

Hi Heather,

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at the Garden, and we're so glad everything turned out well for you! We're wishing you a happy married life and can't wait to see you back at the Garden again soon!
    Bella P. Married on 06/19/2021

Beautiful Wedding Venue

I got married at Lewis Ginter in June in a micro wedding (20 guests). It was so easy to work with Jaclyn at Lewis Ginter. The venue was absolutely gorgeous! All of my guests were so impressed! The catering provided by Meriwether Godsey was also delicious! Susan and her team were so responsive to all of our questions and requests. They worked with us to create the perfect menu. Everything was above and beyond what I could have imagined!
  • Dudley
    Dudley S. Married on 06/05/2021

The most magical venue!

From the second we got engaged, I knew I wanted our wedding at Lewis Ginter. Unfortunately, COVID hit the week after we were engaged and so the majority of my initial planning was done via email and Zoom. Right from the start, Jaclyn made me feel confident in my decision and in my planning. Once we were finally able to tour in person I knew it would be the perfect venue! Jaclyn and her entire time were absolutely amazing from start to finish. They answered all of my questions quickly and made me feel at ease about moving forward with planning when it seemed like COVID was putting a halt to every other event in our lives. On our wedding day, the garden looked breathtaking and being surrounded by all of the blooms was so beautiful. I never stressed about a single detail, Jaclyn and her team were always one step ahead! I would absolutely recommend an outdoor wedding at the Bloemendaal House and am still reliving our day through pictures! Thank you Jaclyn and all of the Lewis Ginter team!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Real Weddings

• Cat & Coty
    70 photos · 09/30/2017

Pricing

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden Price Rates

Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein Jewish Heart and Soul—Rabbi-Cantor Annie Bornstein Wedding Officiants

Always a beautiful venue for a wedding

1800 Lakeside Ave Richmond, VA, 23228
8042629887 (345)
Location of (Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding

Wedding Venues