I Would Rather Be Baking Co.

Ventura, CA View map

Specializing in Custom Cakes, Wedding Cakes, Cupcakes, Cookies and Cheesecakes

I Would Rather Be Baking Co offers a variety of custom made wedding cakes, decorated cupcakes, cookies, pies, all-occasion specialty cakes, each and every product is made with care and to your specifications. I Would Rather Be Baking Co puts emphasis on personalized service and consistent quality with all of our products. Many of the recipes are created with precision, quality ingredients, attention to detail and an overflowing cup of imagination. Our gourmet cakes, cupcakes, pies, cookies and cheesecakes are hand made daily from scratch! We are ready to taste "Sweet Success" as the I Would Rather Be Baking Co takes off and spreads beyond Ventura County. From traditional to eccentric our creations will always take the cake! We look forward to serving you.

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cookies
Croquembouche
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery
Setup

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free

Are you licensed by the state health department?

4.1
    Renee Married on 03/15/2014
    Oh my goodness....I'm still salivating over my cake and will be re-ordering a sheet cake in my wedding flavors just to quench my appetite! It was deliciously amazing!!

We opted for a two tier wedding cake with Red Velvet/Whipped Ice for one tier and Dulce de Leche/Cream Cheese for the second. Being a HUGE cake aficionado, I had high hopes for my wedding cake and I wasn't even remotely disappointed. The cake was SO moist and flavorful, so one piece simply wasn't an option. The style was just as I had requested and my cake topper/embellished lace was applied perfectly.

Theresa and Mark outdid themselves on my wedding cake - guests raved about it and I'm still salivating. Thank you for a cake that truly seemed to be made with love!
    Sarah Married on 10/12/2013
    Theresa from I Would Rather be Baking is fabulous, and so are her desserts! She worked with me over the phone to customize a dessert spread based on our wants and our budget, and it turned out perfectly. From our smaller custom wedding cake (so good!) to three kinds mini pies and two kinds of brownies, everything was delicious and our guests were thrilled. I'd recommend Theresa and her desserts to anyone : )
  • Lee
    Leandro Married on 12/30/2012
    Great people to work with. Our cake not only looked perfect it tasted even better.
    We love them...

Real Weddings

• Dan & Jane
    20 photos · 05/16/2015
  • Bobby & Elva
    21 photos · 07/20/2013

In The Mix Events In The Mix Events Wedding DJs

Have never had a cake as moist as theirs!

2784 Johnson Drive Ventura, 93003
Location of (I Would Rather Be Baking Co.)

Other vendors in Santa Barbara for your wedding