Long Island City, NY 11101 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Color Pop Events

Unflappable. Calm under (extreme) pressure. Keeps her cool—with her sense of humor intact.

This is how clients described Color Pop Events founder Leah Weinberg during her former career as a commercial real estate attorney. Today, happy couples have come to rely on that same soothing confidence and rock-solid competence when planning their wedding.

Early in her legal career, it became clear to Leah that she was destined to be her own boss. Constantly brainstorming business ideas, it wasn't until she planned her own wedding in 2012—dubbed the "wedding of the year" by multiple guests—that she knew she'd found her calling. Wedding planning combined her passion for spreadsheets with her love of seeing people relax, smile and laugh. In 2013, Leah launched Color Pop Events to bring her eye for detail and flawless event execution to couples in and around New York City.

Leah applies an attorney's meticulousness to all weddings. She forecasts multiple steps ahead of the game, navigating complexities and steering clear of (or quickly resolving) any problems with limitless energy and resourcefulness.

Whether your wedding is brash and bold or sweet and intimate, Leah turns the overwhelming into the easy with a smile, serenity, and contagious spirit that couples find wonderfully refreshing.

Contact us now to see how we can enhance your special day—and make the months leading up to it just as beautiful.

Follow Color Pop Events on

Color Pop Events 1
  • arorapower2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2018

Leah was fantastic!

Married a month and Leah is still helping me wrap up some loose ends- that’s the type of planner you get! As soon as I was engaged, I struggled with if I wanted a wedding planner, a day-of coordinator, or no professional help at all, given that I tend to be an extremely organized person. Thankfully we knew each other from a past life and reconnected to prep he big day. In the end, I knew that I needed assistance because I was actually having back-to-back weddings (Fri & Sat) and that if I wanted the Saturday event to go off without a hitch, I needed some help. And help she did!

Leah was great at sending me vendor recommendations, like my my beautiful photographer, Cadence Kennedy Photography Collection, communicating and setting up calls/meetings with the vendors and removing a level of stress throughout the whole planning process. Her level-headed advice when I was stressed and needed to vent was on point and exactly what I needed to hear in the moment.

Although the wedding had more of a ‘traditional bridal’ color scheme, I did opt to go with metallic blue hi-top Reeboks, which I hope she appreciated as my ‘something blue’ and the pop of color I know she desires in all wedding planning (if she has her way!).

Leah, thank you for all of your hard work and expertise. You and Jackie did an awesome job the day-of and I couldn’t be happier with having you assist in making sure our big day went off without (many) hitches!

Color Pop Events 2

Hannah · Married on 06/15/2018

Hiring Leah + the Color Pop Events team will be hands down ***THE BEST*** decision you make during your wedding planning process!!!! SERIOUSLY. Leah is simply the greatest. She receives our highest possible recommendation and we seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about her. Our wedding this summer was THE MOST epic and incredibly perfect ultimate love-bomb of a day and night. We are so grateful that we got to be 1000% blissfully in the moment at our wedding — just living and loving every second of it, because Leah and her team handled everything down to the very last detail absolutely SEAMLESSLY. #flawless!!!
    And we definitely did not have a simple wedding to coordinate. We got married at a venue in Brooklyn that required us to hire outside vendors for every category — which meant that Leah coordinated a multitude of different vendors for us (catering, florist, party rentals - including for furniture, table settings, linens, etc., DJ, photographers, ice cream truck, hair and makeup artists, hotel liaisons, just to name a few!!) — not only on the actual day of our wedding, but also for the 7+ months leading up to our wedding while we were working together (including our rehearsal and everything else in between).
    We also ended up having a bunch of nutty little details planned and Leah made sure that all of those little details were executed perfectly. In addition to managing all of our to-dos, she helped us stay on top of our budget and was clutch with helping us to save money where possible without sacrificing any of the things that we cared about.
    It’s also extremely telling that every single vendor we worked with told us how lucky we were to working with Leah (she is adored!!).
    The decision to hire Leah was the pivotal point in pulling off a wedding that exceeded our expectations and we’ll forever remember as the greatest day of our life. Leah is a magical rockstar coordinator and absolute gem of a person and we will rave about her forever!!!!!!

Jake · Married on 05/28/2017

How do you write a review for the person who made planning your wedding nearly stress-free (there is always family stuff) and fun?! Leah was incredible. She was organized, hard working, professional, communicative, supportive and fun. She acted as a sounding-board, an advocate, and a teammate. We could not recommend anyone more highly for anything.

Real Weddings

• NST Pictures
    NST Pictures Wedding Videographers

Leah of Color Pop Events is a style maven! This woman knows how to take a great idea and make it shine. Her attention to detail and creativity when it comes to thinking outside of the box truly make her a unique wedding planner. Our favorite part about Color Pop? They don't produce the same event over and over. Each party has a one-of-a-kind look with clever accents. We love working with Color Pop Events and capturing all of the personal touches!