Long Island City, NY 11101 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Color Pop Events

Unflappable. Calm under (extreme) pressure. Keeps her cool—with her sense of humor intact.

This is how clients described Color Pop Events founder Leah Weinberg during her former career as a commercial real estate attorney. Today, happy couples have come to rely on that same soothing confidence and rock-solid competence when planning their wedding.

Early in her legal career, it became clear to Leah that she was destined to be her own boss. Constantly brainstorming business ideas, it wasn't until she planned her own wedding in 2012—dubbed the "wedding of the year" by multiple guests—that she knew she'd found her calling. Wedding planning combined her passion for spreadsheets with her love of seeing people relax, smile and laugh. In 2013, Leah launched Color Pop Events to bring her eye for detail and flawless event execution to couples in and around New York City.

Leah applies an attorney's meticulousness to all weddings. She forecasts multiple steps ahead of the game, navigating complexities and steering clear of (or quickly resolving) any problems with limitless energy and resourcefulness.

Whether your wedding is brash and bold or sweet and intimate, Leah turns the overwhelming into the easy with a smile, serenity, and contagious spirit that couples find wonderfully refreshing.

Contact us now to see how we can enhance your special day—and make the months leading up to it just as beautiful.

Follow Color Pop Events on

32 Reviews for Color Pop Events

1 User photo

Color Pop Events 1

Liz · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect from beginning to end!

I remember speaking with several people when looking for a wedding planner and it was really hard to distinguish one from another... until I spoke with Leah. From the very beginning, it was clear that I was speaking with someone who was not only qualified and competent, but who really listened and understood the approach that we wanted to take toward planning our wedding. Leah made every aspect of planning easy: first sending us a selection of vendors who matched our style and vision perfectly, then kept us perfectly on track without feeling intrusive. The entire time she listened to our vague ideas and gave us useful feedback on how to make them come to life. She is also highly communicative and a great problem solver, coming to us with solutions rather than problems. I could be here all day writing about how wonderful she is. But most importantly, she’s a pleasure to be around and we felt perfectly comfortable and secure with our wedding in her hands. Needless to say, our wedding day was an absolute dream. We cannot thank you enough, Leah, for making a daunting experience so much fun. We will truly miss not seeing you around anymore!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Levy · Married on 10/28/2018

Radiates competence and calmness

When selecting a planner, Leah was the obvious choice for three main reasons. First, her down to earth and warm demeanor immediately made us comfortable and confident that she would be easy to get along with and be able to calm our planning anxieties. Other planners we interviewed seemed forced or overly bubbly. During interviews, other planners also made assumptions about what kind of wedding we wanted and how we'd use a planner, whereas Leah made it clear she was skilled at handling many different types of weddings and any vibe of couple.

The second reason we went with Leah was her experience dealing with queer weddings. She had the sensitivity and know-how to use appropriate language and ask the right questions. The third reason was how Leah packages her services. We liked that she offered a level of involvement that could save us some money and also allow for collaboration, rather than other planners who cost more and who seemed eager to take over.

We clearly made the right choice. Working with Leah was such a breeze, and made the whole planning experience SOOO much more comfortable. There were the practical benefits - connections with great vendors, creative ideas, keeping us on schedule. And then there were the emotional benefits - Leah was always on it behind the scenes, monitoring everything, helping to keep us calm, and intervening when the occasional vendor started to get on our nerves.

We couldn't recommend Leah enough. In those stressful pre-wedding months that come with juggling not just tasks but lots of people, it was amazing to have such a nice, competent woman in our corner!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • arorapower2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2018

Leah was fantastic!

Married a month and Leah is still helping me wrap up some loose ends- that’s the type of planner you get! As soon as I was engaged, I struggled with if I wanted a wedding planner, a day-of coordinator, or no professional help at all, given that I tend to be an extremely organized person. Thankfully we knew each other from a past life and reconnected to prep he big day. In the end, I knew that I needed assistance because I was actually having back-to-back weddings (Fri & Sat) and that if I wanted the Saturday event to go off without a hitch, I needed some help. And help she did!

Leah was great at sending me vendor recommendations, like my my beautiful photographer, Cadence Kennedy Photography Collection, communicating and setting up calls/meetings with the vendors and removing a level of stress throughout the whole planning process. Her level-headed advice when I was stressed and needed to vent was on point and exactly what I needed to hear in the moment.

Although the wedding had more of a ‘traditional bridal’ color scheme, I did opt to go with metallic blue hi-top Reeboks, which I hope she appreciated as my ‘something blue’ and the pop of color I know she desires in all wedding planning (if she has her way!).

Leah, thank you for all of your hard work and expertise. You and Jackie did an awesome job the day-of and I couldn’t be happier with having you assist in making sure our big day went off without (many) hitches!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Color Pop Events 2

Real Weddings

• NST Pictures
    NST Pictures Wedding Videographers

Leah of Color Pop Events is a style maven! This woman knows how to take a great idea and make it shine. Her attention to detail and creativity when it comes to thinking outside of the box truly make her a unique wedding planner. Our favorite part about Color Pop? They don't produce the same event over and over. Each party has a one-of-a-kind look with clever accents. We love working with Color Pop Events and capturing all of the personal touches!