About Ame Soeur Events

All You Need Is Love, We Do The Rest

I helped plan and coordinate my first wedding in 2005.  The distinguished couple?-My daughter Sara and her soon to be very awesome groom, Cliff!  Being one of the “mothers of the bride” I wanted Sara and Cliff’s day to be everything they dreamed of-within limits of course-that limit being our budget!  I have to say that their wedding day was beautiful and easy.  Because I was engaged in the “business” of their wedding though, I really did not have a lot of time to actually take in all the festivities of that event so my memories are somewhat limited.  That made me realize that other brides and their mothers, family, friends, wedding party, etc., probably feel the same way by the time the wedding they have helped plan is done.  So, when the opportunity to work with my mentor Elaine Lincoln, owner of Kindred Oaks Event Facility in Georgetown; presented itself-I jumped in feet first and have run from that point forward at full force, loving every minute of it!

The most valuable service I provide as a Wedding Coordinator is to help my brides stay as relaxed as possible and have FUN during the planning process.  I focus on the “business” of your wedding while you enjoy selecting the perfect wedding gown, tasting lots of yummy cake and food and finding that one photographer that best suits your style to chronicle all the events of your wedding day.  I have coordinated over 150 weddings, each of them uniquely beautiful and memorable in their own ways.  I have a heart for brides and my passion is to help each of them create a beautiful wedding day to share with their family and friends without all the stress that is normally involved with executing an event of any kind.

I hold my certification through Nuptial Essentials Curriculum and Instruction (which has now become Wedding Network)and have trained in Floral Design through Austin Community College.  I have owned my business, Ame Soeur Events (ASE Austin), for 11 years now and while my home base is Kindred Oaks Event Facility I have enjoyed coordinating weddings at venues such as Pecan Springs Ranch, Texas Federation of Womens Clubs Mansion, Allan House, Mercury Hall, Twisted Ranch, Ranch Austin, Villa Antonia, Angel Springs and The Springs.

On a more personal note-I am mother to two boys, two girls and Nana to six! Oh, and I have four fur babies (Flynn, Avery, Jerry and Charlie) who keep me on my toes! Add to that a beta fish named Casper, that started out white but is now a beautiful red and blue fish and the coolest of all our animals because he actually begs for his dinner!  I love to bake and I have a passion for paper that begins with a very strong love for turning the pages of a real book transcending to taking paper and creating the story of my life through scrapbooking.

I would love to pamper you and hope to hear from you soon!

Best wishes for many happy tomorrows,

Donna

Timelines (1)
To-Do Lists (1)
Referrals (1)
Non-Religious (1)

My husband, Brian, and I got married on March 22nd at Kindred Oaks in Georgetown, Texas. Once we decided to use one of Kindred Oaks’ package deals, we met with Donna Aleman (their wedding planner of choice) to help us plan our big day. She was so nice and really helpful with everything! We had a lot of small details in our wedding and Donna made sure that everything went off without a hitch. She met with us early on in the planning, gave us a great timeline, then we met as needed up until the big day. She made sure we stayed on schedule, cut the cake, packed up the car at the end of the night, made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be there, made sure we got dinner. She set EVERYTHING up including our mix and match china place settings! She definitely made the day less stressful and I would recommend her to any bride!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/22/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't think there's anything that Donna CAN'T do. She's kind of like a wedding Superwoman. It's easy to get WAY too stressed out during wedding planning and the quicker you realize that you can't do it alone, the better the whole experience will be. That's where Donna comes in. She helps with you with everything from your budget, the decor, vendor recommendations, reservations.....pretty much anything and everything you can think of. She's there for as little or as much as you need her. You might not think you need any help when you first start out, but when it gets down to the last month, there's so much to do that it's worth it to have someone there to take over. So my advice: use her from the beginning! The great thing about having Donna help out for my wedding is that my mom got to relax and not worry about making sure everything went off smoothly. This was a blessing, because having my mom relaxed helped me to be relaxed as well and I honestly didn't worry about a single thing the entire night. There wasn't a single issue all night and I know this is largely because of Donna. (Also, you'll never find anyone who can time a ceremonial procession to your music selection as perfectly as she can! Mine was flawless.) Thanks for everything Donna!!!

View Vendor Response