200 east franklin stqq, Monroe, NC 28112 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Alterations By Christy and Tuxedo Shop

We specialize in bridal and formal wear alterations. We also offer tuxedo rentals,bridal accessories, jewelry and shoes.

• Ever's Bridal Boutique
Bridal jewelry by Sassy South
logo

2 Reviews for Alterations By Christy and Tuxedo Shop

Kristin · Married on 11/15/2014

Christy took my strapless dress with a five foot train, and turned it into my dream dress. She shortened the train, let out the bust, added straps and shortened the dress so it fit perfectly. Not having any family or bridesmaids nearby to go to fittings with me was tough, but Christy spent so much time making sure I felt beautiful that it didn't matter. Her workmanship is flawless. My dress was very plain, with no embellishments, and you couldn't tell which were her stitches and which were already there. I live in Charlotte and Christy's workshop is in Monroe, so it took me over an hour to get to her after work in traffic, but it was beyond worth it. (ps...she takes late evening appointments!!). My mom and sister came with me to pick up my dress three days before my wedding, and Christy wowed them with how detailed she was even at the last fitting. She sent us on our way with a perfectly steamed and flawless dress. Christy only works on bridal and formal wear, and it shows.

Sent on 11/23/2014

I took my mother's wedding dress, from 27 years ago, to Alterations By Christy, to see if we could alter it so that I could wear it for my upcoming wedding. After spending hours, looking at reviews to find someone, I found Christy to be the one I needed to go to. Christy was so amazing! Her facility is beautiful and elegant, and there was plenty of room for my mom and I to put the dress on me so that Christy could see what she had to work with. The dress itself was from the 80's, so with that came the big poofy sleeves and a massive bow on the low back. Christy took off the sleeves, to make it completely sleevless/strapless. She reapplied applicae around the bust area and throughout areas on the dress. She inserted cups into the bust so that a bra wouldn't be necessary for me. She removed the bow in the back and put some applicae in that area. She inserted all of the necessary things on the dress to be able to bustle it after the ceremony. On top of all of the redesigning of the dress she did, she also steam cleaned the dress multiple times and took care of any other loose ends. I was absolutely blown away. Seeing as I had no clue what the dress would turn out to be with removing the sleeves; Christy exceeded all of my expectations, and now I have the most beautiful dress I could ever imagine! I can't wait to have my photographer take a picture of me on my wedding day, in a pose that my mom did, and have the pictures put together side by side. Thank you Christy for your hard work!

Sent on 07/30/2013