San Jose, CA 95126 Map · Phone number

About A Bride's Best Friend

I've been a wedding planner my whole life—it just took me a little while to realize it.

As a young girl, I was either planning my own birthday parties or recruiting the neighborhood kids into some sort of wacky project: a summer cherry slushie stand in the park across the street (franchise opportunities available), the three block long scavenger hunt, or the float in the neighborhood Fourth of July parade that always won first place. After conceiving and planning the first ever "Random Acts of Kindness Week" in high school, I knew I had discovered something special: a knack for bringing it all together; the idea, the organization, the anticipation, the people and yes, the fun of it all!

A one year worldwide Up with People tour, a BA in Communications, five years producing events for major Bay Area hotels (including The Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay) and over 250 weddings later, A Bride's Best Friend was born.

And that's where my story begins. What about yours?

Jeanne all dressed up!
The wonderful Christina Felix putting the finishing touches on Christa's hair.
The wonderful Christina Felix putting the finishing touches on Christa's hair.
Katherine showing off her beautiful gown.
Katherine showing off her beautiful gown.
Jeanne couldn't stop smiling all day!
Jeanne couldn't stop smiling all day!
The lovely Church of the Nativity
Goffw565
Goffw553

19 Reviews for A Bride's Best Friend

Aubrey · Married on 04/18/2015

I remember doing the relentless search for a wedding planner and wondering if I'd be able to find the one perfect for me. I was planning my wedding in California while living in Alaska. After some extensive "Googling," I came across A Bride's Best Friend. If the flattering testimony weren't enough, the notable awards and recognition certainly sealed the deal. I contacted Elisheva "Elle" Basseri, and within minutes of our phone conversation, I was confident that I had found my wedding planner. Once we got into the details of the wedding, Elle made everything seem so easy. That same stress free feeling lasted all the way through my special day. Elle had two wonderful individuals from her staff help manage the flow of all the events, and they were equally as professional and genuinely caring. My wedding would not have been as perfect if it weren't for A Bride's Best Friend.

caitlin · Married on 09/15/2012

Elisheva and her dream team are absolutely remarkable! She is the ultimate professional -- highly organized, cheerful, and responsive to phone calls and e-mails. She is also just a wonderful person who I found very easy to work with and incredibly efficient. She is highly respected and experienced in the wedding industry, and can offer excellent recommendations on everything from venues and florists down to the little details such as a propped out antique truck or vintage furniture lounge. We hired Elisheva to help plan our September 15th wedding at the Carmel Mission followed by the reception at the Santa Lucia Preserve in Carmel by the Sea.I met Elisheva in August of 2011 at her adorable studio and she really took the time to get to know me and my husband and what we envisioned on our wedding day. She was completely genuine, and wanted to know about our families, and what our priorities were for our big day. She quickly understood which details we cared about, and which ones we were more than content to leave up to her. She provided me with a very helpful timeline of key events throughout the planning process. She also was a great mediator between me and the vendors helping to execute the vision I had for our rustic barn wedding. Elisheva worked closely with my dad to help design nine mason chandeliers that were hung over the kings tables in the barn. This by far was one of my favorite details! On the day of the wedding, she was just a star. Everything went perfectly, and I felt so much more relaxed knowing that she was taking care of everything. I was truly able to enjoy every moment, without worrying. She handled everything with such competence and grace and made it all seem so effortless. Elisheva and her team are one of a kind. They are such hard workers and truly love what they do. I can't imagine planning my wedding without Elisheva. She is truly the best, and I would recommend her to any bride-to-be.

Carrie · Married on 09/08/2012

Having ABBF help plan my wedding was the best decision I made out of all my planning! We had our reception at a private residence that needed a lot of work, imagination, and extensive detailed planning. Elisheva and her team gave us all of that, and brought my small wedding vision to a big wedding dream! I really didn't know where to start and she held my hand and took us step by step through the planning process in addition to making it a really fun experience! The vendors she works with are as just as amazing as she is. She recommended the greatest vendors and we couldn't be happier with them as well. Elisheva really got to know us on a personal level and genuinely cares about each and every bride she works with and is such a pleasure to be around. She is extremely organized and detail oriented. She is also very creative. Her vision and eye for what you want is spot on. She kept the whole planning process free of stress which in turn gave me the opportunity to just enjoy being a bride! Our wedding turned out to be the most gorgeous beautiful day. All the small detailed personal touches that she added throughout the day were great. My maid of honor told me I was the most relaxed bride she has ever seen. And I can honestly say it's because of all the caring and wonderful people that I was surrounded by from ABBF. I HIGHLY recommend Elisheva and her team. She really is a bride's best friend!

A Bride's Best Friend FAQ

• What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 8,502.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Full Planning
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Professional Makeup Artistry
    Professional Makeup Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

A Bride's Best Friend... is the perfect name for Elle's business! She genuinely cares about her brides in a very personal level and she definitely will have your best interest at heart. Her events, big or small, have the glamour and sophistication of a grand affair but the warmth and feeling of an unforgettable intimate gathering. - Maria Chang of PMA

• Flower Divas, Inc.
    Flower Divas, Inc. Wedding Florists

Elle is such a sweet person, and always exudes, "Calm". She is a great coordinator and pro.

• Enhanced Lighting & Audio Visual, inc
    Enhanced Lighting & Audio Visual, inc Wedding Rentals

Elisheva is a true style maker! We are very fortunate to work with someone as detailed as her! Every couple needs A brides best friend...Elisheva and her team will definitely create your perfect wedding!

• San Jose, 95126 See on map