Weddings by Sandy

Value
Flexibility
07/18/2015
3.9

I had Sandy Queen, and as soon as we met with her we loved her personality. My guests raved about her ceremony and she is warm and personable. Her process for composing the ceremony is easy and allows the couple to get the tone and wording they want. I will say she was at times challenging to communicate with; planning a wedding can make you very "type A" and it's important questions and details are addressed quickly and clearly. This was a challenge throughout the process. She also double booked our rehearsal with another wedding and waited until the morning of our rehearsal to tell me she could only be present at the rehearsal for 10 minutes. In the end, it worked out fine. Overall, there were moments I was frustrated by her, but she is so lively and warm and she made our ceremony incredible.

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy did a great job in helping us from the start to finish in developing our wedding ceremony. We really enjoyed having the control of creating our own ceremony (with help of her book) due to making it feel as if it were our own and very personalized. She had great ideas and suggestions for special additions to the ceremony. She was always quick to answer emails and was on time for all appointments, rehearsal and day of our wedding. We would recommend her to anyone!

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy Queen did our ceremony and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out! She made us feel like we were more than just another wedding to her and that she actually cared about us and our marriage. The whole process was easy because she had a whole book of options to choose from to completely customize our ceremony. She also had great suggestions to make it even better. We had numerous people come up to us afterwards and tell us that they have never seen a more beautiful, personal, and meaningful ceremony. We are so grateful to Sandy and I cannot recommend her enough!

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy Queen was wonderful!
She walked us through the entire ceremony so there would be no surprises on our special day. She kept everything going smoothly even when my dog started barking during the ceremony.
I would highly recommend her services to everyone!!!!!
Thank you Sandy!!!!

Services Used: Officiant

Our entire experience with Sandy Queen was everything that my partner and I always dreamed of for our wedding day. From the first time we had our first introduction with her we knew that she would be perfect to officiant our union.

Sandy exceeded our expectations and delivered on all of the promises that were discussed on our first meeting leading up to our wedding day. Sandy is very professional, caring, honest, loving and genuine person.

We will definitely use her services again when we decide to renew our wedding vows in the future.

Thank you again Sandy.....you are truly the BEST!

Regards,

Blackwell-Richardson

Services Used: Officiant

My partner and I decided to make our life commitment official. We have been together going on 11 years and the state of Maryland legalized gay marriage, so we decided to do it. We found Ms. Sandy Queen via the internet and we have to say that we really lucked out finding her. She was the first and only person that we interviewed. The first meeting that we had with her, she was able to explain everything to us and calmed all our fears. Our first meeting lasted over two hours, we just felt that comfortable with her. We had a couple of follow up meetings with her to answer any questions that we had and do a dry run through. We had a video link for our ceremony so that some members of our family who were unable to travel for out big day, could still view our special event. My husbands step father was one of those that couldn't come, but he wanted to see it. Now to explain this gentleman, he is a old redneck from the south who is also very opinionated. He said that he thought our ceremony was just beautiful and that Sandy has a fan in Alabama. Coming from my husbands stepfather that is something. Sandy made our ceremony so memorable for us and all our friends and family who did attend. Sandy Queen is not only our wedding officiant, but is now a personal friend and a member of our family. If you want your special day to be even that much more special I would whole hardheartedly recommend Sandy.

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy went above and beyond for us, we can't thank or recommend her enough. She corralled everyone at the rehearsal well (no small task), was very responsive to email, met with us a few times to go over questions/information/ceremony, helped us write the ceremony, cleaned it up, and even added in some fun items that were a pleasant surprise. She was really fun to work with and everyone liked her. The bridesmaids apparently concocted a scheme with her at rehearsal that came to fruition during our ceremony so she's quite flexible (the groom and I had no idea but it was funny).
We had a good time working with her and our ceremony was perfect. She even handed us and both sets of parents a ceremony booklet after the wedding was over that they were happy to get.

Recently Married

Wonderful officiant, provided a beautiful ceremony and helpful coaching sessions leading up to the big day. Pricing was high but flexible negotiating helped us fit it within our budget. Highly recommend!

1 Review
1.0

I really was debating on whether I should write a review of my experience with Sandy, and ultimately decided I should because I never want another bride to go through the stress and disappointment that we experienced, unfortunately.

When we first hired Sandy, everything looked great; She is very bubbly and professional, and promised to be very flexible in working with us to "customize our wedding ceremony script 100%".

However, somewhere around four months prior to our wedding day, something changed. Despite sending all of our script changes in writing (via email) so she would have a paper trail of our conversations, she seemed to completely forget or alter parts of the script that we previously finalized. On multiple occasions, she would send the document to me with whole incorrect paragraphs. It was a real struggle up until the day before the wedding to get her to have the correct script in its entirety... Which was baffling to me, being that it was only four pages long. Definitely not the kind of stress I needed as a bride.

Bottom line: We hired Sandy to read a 4 page document on our wedding day. At the rehearsal, she ignored the script and ad-libbed. We politely but firmly reiterated for (literally) the 22nd time to read the script exactly as we wrote it. She also was very rude and even bossy; She vied for power over our Coordinator, who was in charge of the reception.

On our wedding day, she went on ridiculous unscripted tangents a total of 5 times on a 4 page document, including a horrific Charlie Brown interjection. It's on video. She ruined what we had worked a whole year to write. She was also so very rude again: "Look at me, not the groom!" Who says that to a bride on her wedding day ON FILM? Bottom line: Our ceremony was not ours because she turned into her personal platform. We're so disappointed in our choice, so I had to try to protect future brides from making the same mistake.

Sorry, but 0/10, would not recommend.

Weddings by Sandy responded with the following comments:

This wedding was officiated by Sandy Queen. Sandy has never had a negative review, so this is a first in the 11 years she has been officiating weddings. She is humbled by this review. I (Sandy Bearden, owner) also spoke to Molly at the Ceresville Mansion to confirm the conflict perceived by this bride. Turns out there was no conflict. Molly told me she enjoyed working with Sandy Queen and thought the wedding was perfect. In fact, this couple told both Molly and Sandy Queen that the wedding was perfect immediately following the ceremony.

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy Queen was our Officiant. She did an outstanding job. Actually assisted when there was a delay starting the event helped coordinate. Great attention to detail. Highly recommend. Actually got my now wife an I early on.

Services Used: Officiant

Because my husband and I come from different religious backgrounds, finding an officiant was difficult. Well it was until we found Sandy. She was everything we could have hoped for in a wedding officiant. She was there with us every step of the way and really tailored the ceremony to both my husband and me. She helped us plan every detail to be as unique as we are and even drove an hour out of her way to meet with us. I would recommend Sandy to any and all brides searching for an officant. Just give her a call. One conversation and she'll put your crazy wedding mind at ease!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

We worked with Kathleen Bell and we are so glad we chose to work with her. She is super-sweet and we really felt like she cared very much that our wedding was special. We had some mis-haps with our music situation and she helped me fix that and was so, so patient with me while I ran around before the ceremony. She was totally relaxed and non-demanding of my time, which was great because I had so many things going on... but the ceremony did not suffer in any way because of it. She picked up the slack and was a total professional in helping us have the perfect, completely-personalized ceremony. We'd choose her again for sure if we had to pick all over again. Thanks, Kathleen!

1 Review
0.0

Didn't show to my rehearsal and was late to my wedding ceremony. Extremely unprofessional and unreliable. Sandy Bearden, the owner was so rude and only cared about the money. She ruined my ceremony.

Weddings by Sandy responded with the following comments:

I was on target to officiate this ceremony. Overtime, it became apparent there was a communication issue. I emailed her over and over, calling and texting and never getting a response, making it difficult to confirm times and details. She responded when it was convenient to her rarely responding to questions. She changed the time of her ceremony start time, making it impossible for me to get to her ceremony on time. I selected another officiant from my group to take over, I set up a meeting, 30 minutes before we were to meet, she cancelled the meeting. At this point, I turned everything over to the other officiant and forgot about it. There were a couple of emails over the next few weeks claiming she hadn’t yet meet with the officiant nor had the officiant contacted her. I called the officiant and she told me the bride was not responding, we checked the email address and the number to ensure they were correct, after a short time, I was told, "all was well!" On the day of her wedding she called me, telling me her officiant missed rehearsal, and she was worried. She claimed to have called several times. I called the officiant, she answered on the first ring and assured me she was on her way, (later, we checked home and cell phones, there were no missed calls.) When I arrived at the venue she was walking down the aisle. Her officiant did a lovely job. Because she had not paid her ceremony fee, I requested payment, explaining the payment was overdue by two weeks, waived her late fee and the rehearsal fee and gave her a gift card to Miss Now Mrs.com. Her mother and I took care of the small remaining balance. In hindsight, I probably should pass on this type of personality. I don't think she cared what the contract stated, nor about her obligations to me or her officiant. She never met with her officiant, never informed her officiant of changes. So, read your contracts and keep your vendors informed. At the end of the day she got married.

Services Used: Officiant

This was the most wonderful experience...my husband and I could not have been happier with the ceremony. Sandy Queen walked us through everything from start to finish and when the big day came it ran smoothly and was literally such a magical moment. I highly recommend her services!

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy Queen was everything my fiancé (now my husband) and I wanted in an officiant! She was the first and only officiant we met with. I saw her at my first ever bridal show and we instantly connected! She was so personable, funny, and cared so much. We invited her to join us for the rehearsal dinner, the bridal party loved her! All of our wedding guest told us how awesome she was, and how she made the ceremony so interesting and captivating. I would 1000% recommend Sandy Queen as your wedding officiant.

Services Used: Officiant

Sandy Bearden was great to work with! Very personable and easy to work with. She was able to guide my husband and I through the process of planning our ceremony as well as putting it all together for us. I was SO pleased with our ceremony and how unique it was to us. We were very please with our officiant and ceremony and would recommend her to anyone looking for someone! :)