The Washington Navy Yard Catering and Conference Center

Flexibility:
 (4.2/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding reception at the Navy Yard. We opted to use a mixture of their linens and our own to achieve out Tiffany and White color scheme. Everything looked wonderful. Everyone complemented our food and our signature drink. The staff was very helpful in helping us to achieve the reception that we wanted. More importantly, the quality and value cannot be matched anywhere in the DC area. If you can have any event at the Navy Yard, you should!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was very pleased The Washington Navy Yard Catering and Conference Center. Both the Ceremony and the Reception were held here. The food was excellent! It is a great value.
Wedding: 12/02/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We have very mixed reviews about our wedding venue. In the early stages of planning our wedding we worked with Ms. Greenleaf. Every time we called, if we were lucky enough to get a response, we received different information. Many times we called and waited days for response from her. No info was ever the same and when we questioned her responses we were given a very unprofessional attitude. We later called and spoke with Ms. Karenza Outlar and were much happier with our planning experience. She was very responsive, helpful and professional every time we reached out to her. The day of our wedding rehearsal we were set to arrive at 8:30am as it was the day before Thanksgiving. Ms.Greenleaf was not present until 9am. We're not sure if she was late or the venue misinformed us of the time we were to arrive. Either way, this was very unprofessional and inconvenient. The day of our wedding everything looked beautiful and the food at our reception was great. However, the staff catering our reception was no where to be found at periods of time when they were needed. When we were ready to do toasts they were missing. Cake cutting time, no where to be found. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! Overall we would recommend this venue, but would advise every couple to only work with Ms. Karenza Outlar and make them aware of your concerns with the catering staff. For the price, everything was pretty good.
Wedding: 11/23/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Navy Yard was great when it came to my contracts and very flexible with payments. Ms. Greenleaf was the greatest and she made my day very special. I graded low on the professionalism because I have recieved feedback from several of my guests saying that one of the asian staff members were very rude.
Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff (Mrs. Greenleaf, Ms. Outlaw) were both exceptionally helpful throughout the planning of our event. They were more than flexible at meeting our wishes to have an indoor or outdoor (weather permitting) ceremony. We ended up having the ceremony indoors, however it was just as beautiful and lovely. As the bride, I had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. I would definitely recommend the CCC to any upcoming couple. The food at the reception was so delicious. We had the surf and turf and the filet Mignon was so tender and juicy, the stuffed shrimp with crab was so succulent and delicious. No seasoning was required and the wait staff were very attentive to not only the happy couple, but to the honored guests as well as the attendees. I was thoroughly pleased.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I thought having our reception at the Navy Yard was a great idea because of the cost and the friendliness of staff but it turned out to be one of the worst decision we made. Our wedding reception was scheduled for August 27 from 1:00-5:00 PM. There was actually a hurricane warning (Irene) for 6 PM. Mrs Greenleaf called my fiance at 4 PM the night before our wedding and asked him to send an email saying that we would assume all risk if something happened that prevented the wedding to occur. We asked her what did that mean and she said if the power goes out or something. I asked if they planned to cancel the reception and she said they will not cancel the reception by any means if we wanted to have it we could so we proceeded. Well an hour and half before the wedding Ms Greenleaf calls my fiance and said that our reception was cancelled. She said she sent him an email the night before saying that it could be canceled which we never got because we had no expectation of checking our email the night before our wedding and because we talked to her several times by phone that day and not via email. So because we had 200 guests at the church we had to move forward and create an impromtu reception at the church. I contacted the Navy Yard after our honeymoon and they refused to give us back all of our money because they said they had to pay the staff and the chef for the work they did for the reception eventhough they cancelled. I understand things happen but it was extremely hard to handle seeing several receptions on the news in ocean city and near the water later that evening. I would not recommend using the Navy Yard the risk is too high and they do not abide by their contract or have any moral character.
Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our reception at the Washington Navy Yard Catering and Conference Center on January 8, 2011. It was very easy too book our event and the cost for the reception that we wanted to have, compared to other venue was very cheap, and when I say cheap I don’t mean in no rinky dink type of way. Their Wedding Dream Package is the best package a bride and groom can imagine. You have so much too choose from and you get so much with your package. The best part is your Wedding Cake is included in your package, and the bakery which is associated with them is Creative Cakes, located in Silver Spring, MD. Creative Cakes is one of the best bakeries in the MD, DC, and VA area. Our cake was amazing and it wasn’t dry or nothing. Ms. Karenza Outlar and Earlene Greenleaf, went above and beyond their jobs. I was one of those brides that everything had to be on point in order for me or either my husband to approve it and they never failed us wrong. When ever I called no matter how many times both ladies, were friendly and courteous at all times. They set up as many appointments as you wanted, to make yourself comfortable with the venue and the staff as well. I would recommended any of my friends and family who is looking for a venue, for not only a wedding, but birthday parties, retirement etc etc to try
NSAW Catering and Conference Center!!!!!
Wedding: 01/08/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I didn't really love the Navy Yard, but it was by far the cheapest site we found. But as was said by a previous reviewer, you do have to have a connection to the government somehow in order to use it. The staff there was ok to work with. They really didn't get involved with us in any way until it came time for us to pay them money. They seemed bothered at times by my phone calls until the week of the wedding, and then they were more than polite and eager to help. We used a host bar for our wedding, and something shady seemed to be going on with that because we had guests telling us the drink prices were much cheaper during they cocktail hour and then they went up $2-3 each drink. We also added to our bar tab during the wedding, and the event manager failed to tell us at that time that adding money to the bar tab would incur another $20 service charge. I didn't think the food was that great, but a lot of people told me later how good it was. I think if we had to do it again, I'd probably spend a little more money in this area and find a nicer place.
Wedding: 07/24/2010
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The reason why I gave a low score in flexibility is because you must be a federal government employee or have a friend who is a federal government employee to sponsor you....other then that the venue was excellent, the food was excellent, the cost was very reasonable for everything that we got and it included a free cake from one of DC's best bakeries. Everyone that came to the reception loved the food. Mrs. Greenleaf was very professional and responsive to my needs. The location was excellent on the water of the Anacostia River. I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my reception for the value.
Wedding: 06/12/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

dsclaggett... 5 Reviews
Absolutely highly recommend. Beautiful place, delicious food and great value for the money.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Catering
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything turned out terrific in the end. It was beautiful and very reasonable. My only problem came from dealing with the confernce center manager. She could be rude at times and demeaning in the way she spoke to me. She was also a little hard to keep in touch with. Her assistant however (Karenza Outlar), was terrific. She was such a blessing to work with. She is the one I tried to mainly deal with and that made everything seem much better. The facility itself was great. Everything looked great, and the food was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this facility again.
Wedding: 05/30/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  2.5
Ms. Greenleaf was the best! She helped my husband and I plan the perfect wedding reception at a very reasonable price. The set up was beautiful, the food was good and we all had a great time. My only complaint how time flies when you are having fun.
Wedding: 12/13/2008