The Savory Spoon Catering Company

The Savory Spoon Catering Company

Innovative Cuisine & Legendary Service

285 Montevue Lane
Frederick, MD 21702 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeu...
Maximum capacity: 300

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very happy with Savory Spoon for my wedding caterer. One thing I wish they did have was linen and china rental! But that doesn't really affect how I feel that much, cause even with those rentals they were still less expensive and much better food then many weddings I have been to. Lindsey is like the sales/management person that I dealt with during the planning process. Every email she answered quickly, and always had a smiley face in there :). Always made me feel at ease as I was quite panicked at times! We also had a vegetarian as well as two people with food allergies, and they were incredibly accommodating to those things. We also had some problems with set up and break down-our venue didn't do this for us and neither did our linens company. Savory Spoon, Cheri and her team, seriously had the whole thing broken down in 15 minutes even though that wasn't a part of their original job. They also boxed up my wedding cake and let us take all the remaining food home. The team was awesome, the food was amazing and so wonderful for what we needed. Food was delicious but also homey and comfortable-nothing that you don't know what it was! I highly recommend them as a caterer-just be prepared to rent china and linens separately from them!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The team at the Savory Spoon made our experience working with them great. They are so friendly, responsive, and really will do everything in their power to make sure you are satisfied. We challenged them with making some traditional Greek food and they went above and beyond. Those spanakopita were as good as my Yiaya could make them. :)

Cheri and her team obviously have a passion for cooking and it shows. Everything is made with care and they genuinely want everything to be perfect for your event. They were great and I would definitely use the Savory Spoon for a future event.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheri and her team are just amazing! They have a huge menu of food they regularly offer BUT if you have an old family recipe or a special request (like our mini Philly Cheesesteaks), they go above to honor your request. The tasting was helpful and her team made great suggestions for us. They were on time, cleaned up, and every single person that worked at our wedding was pleasant and attentive to us and our 110 guests!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Easy to work with, handled all of our requests, food was wonderful !

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Barbara
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

We were very excited when we found The Savory Spoon online and read all the great reviews. The contact at first was good and they were responsive. We met up for our tasting in a bake shop. It was kind of awkward because we were doing a tasting with another couple that we had no idea about. We went thinking it was going to be just us. The tasting went well and the food was GREAT.

After our tasting we decided that we were going to go with The Savory Spoon. The months after were not so great with contact. We were sending in rather large payments and did not receive any confirmation that the payment was received, even when we asked for it.

When it got closer to the wedding, there was contact that needed to be made in order to make sure everything flowed and went well the day of the wedding. It was about a week out from our wedding when they attempted to contact us. We both work very long hours and could not be contacted till after 6 in the evening. The Savory Spoon was not very flexible with that. They did not make contact with us until 2 DAYS BEFORE OUR WEDDING! We were very disappointed with that.

The day of the wedding some of the commitments they made were not fulfilled. I believe part of this had to do with the lack of responsiveness and communication.

Overall, the only thing I would say that I was pleased with was the food. It was very good and we got several compliments. Also, the serving staff that was there that day did a very nice job as well.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Food was great. Service was great. Caterer took special care with regard to setup and decor.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was very good; the service professional & helpful. We had leftovers to take home that still tasted amazing. Her ability to determine amount of food necessary was very precise. We will be using her services again for our daughters wedding in the summer.

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
Heather
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was FABULOUS!!!! Everything was sooooo delicious. The presentation of the food was wonderful. I would highly recommend them!!! I have gotten so many compliments on the food from our guest. They really deserve a ten star rating! !!!

• Wedding: 12/21/2013
Shelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired The Savory Spoon to cater my 60th birthday party and all I can say is WOW! Not only was the food delicous, the service was outstanding. They provided a wide menu for all tastes and ages. Meat lovers and vegetarians. My guest raved! The helpers were friendly, organized and clean-up was immaculate. I hope to use them again for my 65th!

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Savory Spoon catered my rehearsal dinner and I could not have been happier with them. The food was great! Delicious and very well presented and the staff was amazing!!! They really helped me out throughout the night.

I worked with Lindsey from Sales to set everything up, and she was wonderful too work with! She even arragned to have the chef cook samples for me to pick up, since I was having a hard time finding time to get to their location for a tasting. So accommodating!!
I would definitely recommend Savory Spoon!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013

Amazing experience!!!!
Very pleasant to work with. Quick to respond to questions or concerns!
Fun staff, great food, excellent service!
Would use them again and again!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Savory Spoon was a pleasure to work with from the first time we contacted them to the end of our wedding reception. We did a good bit of shopping around for a caterer, and Cheri from the Savory Spoon was hands down most responsive, most understanding, and had the best value. Our wedding was in Virginia, but we ended up going with a MD caterer because we liked her so much! In our caterer search, we had multiple caterers tell us what we could or couldn't have at OUR reception, and others would ask our budget, just to present their pricing which far exceeded it. Still another would take weeks to respond to emails. Cheri always responded promptly to emails, usually within a few hours. Lindsay was equally great to work with and was very patient in responding to all of my random questions, especially when we were trying to decide how many appetizer plates, dessert plates, forks, spoons, knifes, etc to order!

The price point was very reasonable, and Cheri was very good at working with us on menu options and even helped to save us money where possible. On the day of, everything went off without a hitch--we didn't have to do anything, and guests said the food was delicious! (She gave us a chance to eat, but we were not very hungry). They even agreed to take our unopened bottles back to the liquor store in Fredrick for us---above and beyond the call of duty!! Overall, excellent experience. Definitely recommend!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was amazing, unfortunately I was so busy chit chatting I didn't get to try all the food. All I've heard are GREAT things. I did try the crab dip and it was DELICIOUS. Cheri and Lindsay were so nice and helpful. Lindsay responded to my emails promptly and Cheri was nice too and surprised me at my wedding. Trying to see what event I can hold next to eat some more of their yummy food!

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Savory Spoon catered the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better company and people to work with! We held it at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center with a theme of melding the heritages of our two families. They helped make that possible and were very easy to work with! We did everything by long distance as we live in Virginia. Lindsey was a delight to plan with, Cheri and her staff not only served us spectacular food, and provided bartending, but also made sure that we were relaxed and enjoying the evening as much as our friends and family. Our son and daughter-in-law are still talking about how wonderful the whole evening was and Savory Spoon helped us make that possible for our children. Thank you!

• Wedding: 04/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My POC with Savory Spoon, Lindsey, was great. She had a lot of helpful advice, she replied in a timely manner, answered my inane questions, and delivered a delicious menu on a tight budget. My interaction with Savory Spoon before the event was great. Cheri was the lead person at the event. She was incredibly helpful and made the evening a lot less stressful. She had a great calm/can-do personality that was exactly what any bride needs. She could tell when I was being pulled in 1000 different directions and stepped in to take care of some tasks. She helped with rearranging the buffet tables to better suit their needs, she put the cakes on the stands (I had friends and family make my favorite types of cakes and I made the stands), she even helped with the cake topper. Did I mention that they cleared plates, noticed when people needed beverages, and they helped break down. They went well above and beyond what they were contracted to do. I realize this is all about the service they provided, but I was floored at the excellent job they did. I was also incredibly pleased with the quality of food. The presentation was great and the taste was excellent. I would highly recommend the crab dip. It was some of the best I have ever had. The pita chips were also stellar. These were not Costco chips in a big bowl, they tasted homemade. You could tell everything was from scratch and it all tasted delicious. If you are looking for a very responsive caterer that provides a delicious no stress product, look no further. From start to finish, Savory Spoon surpassed my expectations.

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm not even sure where to begin with my praises for The Savory Spoon. Cheri (the owner) and Lindsey were so helpful and accomodating from the start. I had a small budget for my wedding, but they are willing to work with whatever budget you have, without sacrificing quality. They worked closely with me every step of the way, from the planning, to the tasting, to the big day, to make sure that every minute detail was perfect. Our menu of roasted pork loin with fruit chutney, chicken parmesan, eggplant parmesan (which they made especially for our vegetarian guests), aspargus with feshly shaved parmesan, and a specially created dish just for us-- mac and cheese gnocchi with smoked pancetta-- was absolutely to die for. We recieved rave reviews from our guests on how good the food was. Aside from the fact that The Savory Spoon can dish up some amazing food, what really sets this catering company apart from others is their customer service. Cheri, Lindsey, and the rest of the crew make it feel like such a personal experience. Cheri is so friendly and accomdating to her brides, even lending me an array of her rustic decorations to borrow to spruce up our venue, and coming early to help me set up some of them! At the reception, Cheri and her team went above and beyond the sevices that I have seen any other caterer perform at any other event. I would highly recommend The Savory Spoon to future brides or anyone else looking for a caterer for their event. I feel that I have made a friend in Cheri, and know that she will be the first call I make when I need a caterer next!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
215-518-1918
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards