Sonia Roselli Weddings

Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I looked and felt like a movie star on my most important day! I worked with Korena for hair and Jessica for makeup. They did a fabulous job on me and my bridal party! The next morning I awoke looking exactly the same! Very lasting products used!
Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was perfect! I felt like a complete princess on my wedding day!
Wedding: 08/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Sonia and her staff hardly need yet another 5 star review, but I couldn't resist. Her staff truly is talented.

I worked with Sami for makeup and she was incredible. Not only is she very sweet and fun to work with during the process, but she's also very talented. My bridesmaids looked beautiful, and I was so happy with how my makeup turned out. It was the best version of myself. Also, I tend to wear fairly natural and minimal makeup in daily life, so my husband was a little concerned that I would not look like myself on our wedding day. But even he was completely wowed by the makeup :) Moreover, I was so impressed by how well the makeup lasted. Because we were doing photos before the ceremony, we had to be ready to leave the hotel for photos by 1 p.m. The ceremony wasn't until 4 p.m., and the reception lasted well past midnight. Despite the long day, my makeup looked flawless.

I was similarly impressed with Korena, who did my hair as well as several bridesmaids' hair. She was great! Her assistant, Brooke, was also awesome. I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted my hair for the wedding, but Korena was able to decipher the several photos I showed her and pulled together a look that was exactly right. I loved it, and again, was amazed that it lasted the entire day and survived hours of dancing, hugging, and jumping. Korena's and Brooke's work on my bridesmaids was also fantastic.

On a logistics level, I was impressed at how easily the 3 of them were able to accomplish doing hair and make up on me, 8 bridesmaids, and 2 moms within the 4 hour time frame they had to work with.

Wedding: 07/27/2013
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Mai 11 Reviews
I loved my makeup artist Sana and she made me look gorgeous on my wedding day. Sana gets FIVE STARS for her talent, professionalism and her general calmness on the day of the wedding. If she goes independent and you can book her outside of Sonia Roselli, you would not be disappointed! I highly recommend her airbrush makeup; it lasted all day and night, it made my skin glow and was totally water/sweatproof.

Sana's management company Sonia Roselli company can be difficult. Sonia Roselli company requires the bride and at least three attendants in order to secure on-location makeup services in Chicago. I researched independent makeup artists, but ultimately Sana had the best portfolio. I live in NYC and was only available for a trial on specific dates. I told the office manager this but she was insistent that I work around their schedule. I ended up juggling my appointments in order to accommodate Sonia Roselli company's availability, which is not the best customer service.

Wedding: 09/22/2012

Anonymous 9 Reviews
I hired Brandon with Sonia Roselli from a rec from a friend for my wedding. I went to get a trial and he gave me the smokey eye I requested. I got home and the finance (now hubby) HATED my makeup. He thought it was too much and I looked like a raccoon. Not exactly the reaction I was hoping to get.

I freaked out and Beth calmed me down and said Brandon could tone it down for my wedding day. I wish I could have gone back in for a mini-trial of just my eyes, but I didn't want to pay anymore since its so expensive.

The day of- I explained my issues with Brandon and he was able to create a beautiful bridal look for me. It was muggy the day of my wedding and we took all our pictures before the ceremony. The makeup last from 10am to past midnight with ease.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sana from Sonia Roselli did an amazing job on the makeup for me and my bridesmaids for my July wedding! She made each girl look absolutely beautiful. One of my bridesmaids even commented that it was the best wedding makeup she has had done, and she has been in honestly about 25 weddings. I did tell Sana that I didn’t want to look “natural” on my wedding day, I wanted to look like a rockstar. She created a lovely bronze smoky eye, neutral lip, and flawless airbrushed foundation. She managed to make the look dramatic but not overdone, so I was still an elevated version of myself :) I highly recommend Sana and Sonia Roselli!! If I have any special occasions to get my makeup done in the future, I will definitely be going back and requesting Sana.
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I loved my experience with Sonia Roselli. I had Rebecca do my makeup and she did an amazing job. She really listed to what I wanted and did exactly that. She kept it natural, but added a little oomph so that I looked and felt the prettiest I have before without looking too done up or over the top. I was really worried about not looking like me, but she definitely kept it natural, just a better-looking me haha. After Rebecca finished my makeup, she helped all my bridesmaids put on fake eyelashes because no one knew how to do it. It wasn't in the contract and yet she was more than happy to help which I thought was really nice of her.

Korena and Jackie did our hair. They both did an awesome job. Korena did my hair and it was perfect. It stayed all night and looked amazing. It was totally my style and my husband loved it. All my bridesmaids' hair looked awesome. They worked really fast too! In 3.5 hours they got through 1 bride, 6 bridesmaids, two moms, and one grandma who came downstairs in a panic over her hair. They fixed her hair without a word even though she wasn't in the contract. They showed up early and were all set up and ready to go when we first got to the room. I didn't have to worry about timing at all.

I can't thank Rebecca and Korena enough for making me feel super confident on my wedding day. The pictures came out beautifully!
Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was very nervous about my wedding day makeup (espcially the eyes) before I went to the trial with Sonia, she made me feel much more relaxed after the trial, and did an excellent job on my wedding day. Sonia is very professional and fun to work with.
Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had make-up artist Carley and hair stylist Stephanie. I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. They are true artists. When they were done I was so pleased I wanted them to come to the wedding! Everything was even better than we had anticipated. We felt like royalty and were humbled by the support and caring from our artists and the whole team at Sonia Roselli.
Danielle Kastner
Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rebecca did my wedding makeup, and I absolutely adored her! She was so sweet, and did a fantastic job. I don't normally wear makeup (like, none at all), and I wanted my husband to recognize me on our big day, so I chose Rebecca for her portfolio of natural style. I really liked how it turned out, and got tons of compliments from my friends and my mom (the toughest critic!). She also did makeup for my sister-in-laws, nieces, and maid of honor, and everyone liked her work. Another plus: my make up lasted all day - even after taking 3 hours of photographs in 95 degree/40% humidity Chicago heat.

Everyone at Sonia Roselli was super nice: Beth was always timely in responding and setting up logistics, and Sonia was so fun to talk to when I went in for my trial. As a trained aesthetician, Rebecca really knows her stuff, and she'll explain her methods and tips/tricks with deeper explanations behind them all. Overall, it was great working with Sonia's team, and I highly recommend Rebecca in particular!
Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica, Jenna and Jennifer did make-up and hair for me and my bridesmaids for my August 27, 2011 wedding. They did an AMAZING job!!! The girls all came over to my parents house the morning of our wedding and were so much fun to hang out with. It was such a great, relaxing environment to enjoy the morning of my wedding. All of the girls looked amazing. Our guests were commenting on how pretty everyone looked. Jenna and Jennifer did a fantastic job on everyone’s hair. No one was disappointed and they all felt they had gotten what they asked for and more. And everyone looked great all day and all night long! Jessica did air brush make-up for me and all of the girls and everyone looked stunning. Some of the girls were shocked because they had never seen their make-up look so good! Even our photographers commented that everyone looked coordinated in their “look”. Our hair all looked very polished and pretty and everyone’s make-up was natural, but in a very glamorous way. We haven’t seen pictures yet from the photographer, but in the candids, everyone looks stunning. I can’t thank Jessica, Jenna and Jennifer enough!!! I chose to go with Sonia Roselli Studios because I had such a great experience at my trial. Sonia was actually teaching a make-up class during my trial and I picked up some tips and can’t wait to stop by her studio soon for a real lesson. Even though I didn’t have Sonia on my big day, I am absolutely thrilled with the ladies that represented her studio and would recommend them to anyone looking for that professional touch for a big event. I couldn’t be happier with the end result.
Wedding: 08/27/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sonia Roselli deserves the highest rating possible. Our experience with her was flawless—just like our makeup! I'm the MOB and did a lot of research looking for the right make-up artist for my daughter and her wedding party. (And I'm so glad my daughter encouraged me to have my makeup done too!) Sonia's name kept popping up as the best in Chicago. The day of the wedding, despite unbelievable heat and humidity, Sonia applied just the right makeup that stayed on perfectly all night long. She worked quickly, but expertly, and managed to keep us all calm, laughing and enjoying that special time in the hours before the wedding. The makeup was tailored to each individual's preferences and personal style and we were all very happy with the results. Both in person and in photos, everyone looked wonderful. It is so important to have the right makeup, since the photos—especially the close-ups---will be what you will look at and remember for the rest of your life. I was thrilled with our experience with Sonia.
Wedding: 07/23/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I contacted Sonia Roselli because of all the great reviews I had been seeing for her and her team. Sonia responded instantly, and we began corresponding back and forth about the various services offered. It turned out that most of her team was booked for my wedding day, and so I made a snap decision and booked a hair and makeup team that day over email because of how personable Sonia was! From the moment I went in for my trial, I knew I had made the right choice. Claudia and Sana made me feel like a celebrity, and they created the best version of me for my wedding. On the actual day, all 7 bridesmaids and both mothers were at my mom's house, and everyone had such a great time! Even though we had a little bit of a time crunch, everyone single girl came out looking gorgeous and beyond expectations! Our airbrushing looked natural, fabulous, and stayed on all night through lots of dancing! I would recommend Sonia and her team to anyone who is looking to ease the stress of the wedding morning, and who wants to look absolutely wonderful on her wedding day!
Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is a team of pros. If you want to feel 10000% confident in your day-of beauty, Sonia Roselli and crew will do you right! I've never walked in to such a gorgeous studio and met so many unbelievably sweet and cool chicks. Blown away. Everyone is really there to make you feel special, flawless, beautiful, amazing, girly, etc. Plus, Susan is a stunner at what she does, super professional. Jo & Stephanie knocked it out of the park. My mother-in-law is super dramatic, but even her response to her hair/makeup was unexpectedly thrilled. Everyone felt gorge and primped by these girls!
Wedding: 10/09/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sonia is a miracle worker and a honestly, one of the best in the business! My makeup was one of the things I was most nervous about going into my wedding, so I definitely did my homework when looking at potential artists. A friend had used Sonia when she got married and she looked exactly how I wanted to- like the absolute best version of herself! As soon as I met with Sonia, she knew exactly what I was going for. She asked me all about the look of the wedding, my dress, my hairstyle, etc. so that she could make sure that the makeup was in-line with everything else. My trial was at her adorable boutique in Rogers Park and we had a blast trying different things. I had my makeup done for my rehearsal and the wedding of course by her and each time, it was absolutely flawless! I could not have been happier with the results and all of my bridesmaids felt the same way about theirs. The only thing I had to do as far as touching up all day was use a blotting paper now and then and reapply some lip gloss. I am now obsessed with airbrush and wish I could have it done everyday to be honest:) Sonia's the best and is well worth every penny!
Wedding: 09/17/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Loved how my makeup and hair turned out. My bridesmaids were also very happy. I think the services are on the pricier side but definitely worth it. I felt so beautiful!!!
Wedding: 07/24/2010
 773-465-7363
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire