Sonia Roselli Weddings

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Can't rate this place highly enough. My makeup artist, Sami, was incredible. Everyone raved about how awesome they looked, and I don't think I've ever looked more beautiful in my whole life! Sami was calm, responsive, friendly, and super flexible, adding on a couple of more girls' makeup to have done at the last minute the day of with no qualms.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Antoniya Reed was my make up artist through Sonia Roselli for my wedding on 5/24/14. She did an absolutely fabulous job for myself, my mother and my 3 bridesmaids! Everyone looked absolutely beautiful. I would recommend her to anyone looking!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Jamie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sonia (make up) and Korena (hair) are a dynamic duo perfectly suited to any bride. Having seem them at other weddings they effortlessly match their personality that of the wedding party whether it be boisterous and loud, laid back, or hung over. They are both ridiculously friendly with a great repertoire of stories. They nailed my hair and make up making it look natural (something I was nervous about since I don't actually own a hair dryer and never wear make up). Both the hair and make up lasted all night too! Tip: Initially at the make up trial I had a bad reaction to some of the products used around my eyes. So Sonia used a cream base instead at the wedding and it felt very comfortable and non-irritating. I also ended up needing special hair products after the initial consult. For this reason I definitely recommend a hair and make up trial beforehand.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sonia is a amazing. And a riot. She is ridiculously talented, a joy to be around, and makes you feel beautiful and fabulous all while showcasing your natural beauty. I’m not one for makeup; Sonia was recommended to me as the “only person” to do my makeup on my wedding day. I took the advice, and I am so happy for it! She is great at asking questions to understand your personal style. She is picky in the best way possible. She wants to make sure you look and feel beautiful, and nothing less will do. My trial helped cement a lifelong admiration for Sonia – and then she was just a rock star with my mom and sister on the actual wedding day, quickly nailing their personal styles so that they looked and felt amazing, too. Her technique is exquisite, it lasts, her overall knowledge of all things makeup and products is both overwhelming and awesome. I couldn’t say enough great things about Sonia and her whole office. I hope to have an occasion to work with her again.

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I looked and felt like a movie star on my most important day! I worked with Korena for hair and Jessica for makeup. They did a fabulous job on me and my bridal party! The next morning I awoke looking exactly the same! Very lasting products used!

• Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was perfect! I felt like a complete princess on my wedding day!

• Wedding: 08/04/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Sonia and her staff hardly need yet another 5 star review, but I couldn't resist. Her staff truly is talented.

I worked with Sami for makeup and she was incredible. Not only is she very sweet and fun to work with during the process, but she's also very talented. My bridesmaids looked beautiful, and I was so happy with how my makeup turned out. It was the best version of myself. Also, I tend to wear fairly natural and minimal makeup in daily life, so my husband was a little concerned that I would not look like myself on our wedding day. But even he was completely wowed by the makeup :) Moreover, I was so impressed by how well the makeup lasted. Because we were doing photos before the ceremony, we had to be ready to leave the hotel for photos by 1 p.m. The ceremony wasn't until 4 p.m., and the reception lasted well past midnight. Despite the long day, my makeup looked flawless.

I was similarly impressed with Korena, who did my hair as well as several bridesmaids' hair. She was great! Her assistant, Brooke, was also awesome. I wasn't entirely sure how I wanted my hair for the wedding, but Korena was able to decipher the several photos I showed her and pulled together a look that was exactly right. I loved it, and again, was amazed that it lasted the entire day and survived hours of dancing, hugging, and jumping. Korena's and Brooke's work on my bridesmaids was also fantastic.

On a logistics level, I was impressed at how easily the 3 of them were able to accomplish doing hair and make up on me, 8 bridesmaids, and 2 moms within the 4 hour time frame they had to work with.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

To anyone searching for a stylist, stop right now. You're search is over. Scroll up and call Sonia right now. You will not be disappointed. I can attest to that as they had done my hair and the rest of my bridal party for my wedding a week ago. Everyone looked elegant and fabulous and my flower girl was simply angelic.

Sonia's Team is wonderful. They aim to take the stress away and just please their client. Beth was excellent to work with in coordinating schedules and was extremely patient, even with the last minute changes with my contract. To Beth, everything was simply "no problem." Korena had done all of our hair, and to say that she is the best just doesn't seem enough. Korena is SUPER! She's the GREATEST!!!! Korena is beyond excellent with styling hair, but what makes her the GREATEST is her personality and patience. From the first time I met her at my hair trial, she made me feel like we've known each other for a long time. She listened to what style I wanted and also had a good understanding of what would look good on me. On the day of the wedding, she had done my mom's hair. My mom tends to be picky with hair stylists and don't care much for them. After meeting Korena, all she talked about that evening to her friends was how wonderful and pretty Korena was. Need less to say, my mom fell in love with her :) I had the opportunity to meet Sonia Roselli during my hair trial, and she is such a gracious woman. Just extremely nice!!! Thank you for making all of us look beautiful on the most beautiful day of my life.

-MB

• Flexibility: 5.0

Sonia and Korena were absolutely AMAZING and not only made me, (the bride) look and feel beautiful, but they made all of my bridesmaids and MOB/MOG look stunning!! Sonia and her team are so much fun and will make your day the best it can be!!

3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I loved my makeup artist Sana and she made me look gorgeous on my wedding day. Sana gets FIVE STARS for her talent, professionalism and her general calmness on the day of the wedding. If she goes independent and you can book her outside of Sonia Roselli, you would not be disappointed! I highly recommend her airbrush makeup; it lasted all day and night, it made my skin glow and was totally water/sweatproof.

Sana's management company Sonia Roselli company can be difficult. Sonia Roselli company requires the bride and at least three attendants in order to secure on-location makeup services in Chicago. I researched independent makeup artists, but ultimately Sana had the best portfolio. I live in NYC and was only available for a trial on specific dates. I told the office manager this but she was insistent that I work around their schedule. I ended up juggling my appointments in order to accommodate Sonia Roselli company's availability, which is not the best customer service.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Mai
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Brandon with Sonia Roselli from a rec from a friend for my wedding. I went to get a trial and he gave me the smokey eye I requested. I got home and the finance (now hubby) HATED my makeup. He thought it was too much and I looked like a raccoon. Not exactly the reaction I was hoping to get.

I freaked out and Beth calmed me down and said Brandon could tone it down for my wedding day. I wish I could have gone back in for a mini-trial of just my eyes, but I didn't want to pay anymore since its so expensive.

The day of- I explained my issues with Brandon and he was able to create a beautiful bridal look for me. It was muggy the day of my wedding and we took all our pictures before the ceremony. The makeup last from 10am to past midnight with ease.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Jessica, my day-of beautician, delivered exactly the look I wanted, but somehow elevated it to look even more beautiful than I had anticipated. FYI, I'm an amateur makeup junkie, so I brought all my own products with me (some of which she used). Originally, I was really worried about whether or not my beautician would be able to do my makeup better than I could. I hate that caked on makeup look! Looking back, I had nothing to worry about. Jessica is a real pro. oh, fyi, she made my mom + bridesmaids stunning too. :)

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sana from Sonia Roselli did an amazing job on the makeup for me and my bridesmaids for my July wedding! She made each girl look absolutely beautiful. One of my bridesmaids even commented that it was the best wedding makeup she has had done, and she has been in honestly about 25 weddings. I did tell Sana that I didn’t want to look “natural” on my wedding day, I wanted to look like a rockstar. She created a lovely bronze smoky eye, neutral lip, and flawless airbrushed foundation. She managed to make the look dramatic but not overdone, so I was still an elevated version of myself :) I highly recommend Sana and Sonia Roselli!! If I have any special occasions to get my makeup done in the future, I will definitely be going back and requesting Sana.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Sonia did a great job at my wedding and overall I was very pleased. We also used her for a group class as part of my bachelorette party. Overall her services are a bit pricey and perhaps a bit overpriced, but I enjoyed the group lesson and overall enjoyed having her at my wedding as well. She clearly knows the trade well. I usually never wear make-up and now she has made me comfortable with applying light/natural looks. Her opinion is on point and she takes everything into account - what you are looking for, what your dress looks like, what the lighting is going to be like. She has a wonderful personality and keeps things fun. Her products are quality though again probably a bit overpriced, but I guess that is what it costs for the convenience. I was planning my wedding from afar so I actually did not do a trial run. We did a free skype consultation which was great. We used Korena from the studio for hair who was also wonderful. She was very laid back and able to give us the looks we wanted and was very flexible. Everyone was very punctual. Overall a bit pricey for what you get but in the end it's just a drop in the bucket.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I was very nervous about my wedding day makeup (espcially the eyes) before I went to the trial with Sonia, she made me feel much more relaxed after the trial, and did an excellent job on my wedding day. Sonia is very professional and fun to work with.

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved my experience with Sonia Roselli. I had Rebecca do my makeup and she did an amazing job. She really listed to what I wanted and did exactly that. She kept it natural, but added a little oomph so that I looked and felt the prettiest I have before without looking too done up or over the top. I was really worried about not looking like me, but she definitely kept it natural, just a better-looking me haha. After Rebecca finished my makeup, she helped all my bridesmaids put on fake eyelashes because no one knew how to do it. It wasn't in the contract and yet she was more than happy to help which I thought was really nice of her.

Korena and Jackie did our hair. They both did an awesome job. Korena did my hair and it was perfect. It stayed all night and looked amazing. It was totally my style and my husband loved it. All my bridesmaids' hair looked awesome. They worked really fast too! In 3.5 hours they got through 1 bride, 6 bridesmaids, two moms, and one grandma who came downstairs in a panic over her hair. They fixed her hair without a word even though she wasn't in the contract. They showed up early and were all set up and ready to go when we first got to the room. I didn't have to worry about timing at all.

I can't thank Rebecca and Korena enough for making me feel super confident on my wedding day. The pictures came out beautifully!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012