1658 North Milwaukee 240, Chicago, IL 60647 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About Kate Johnson Artistry

Kate Johnson Artistry is a Chicago-based team of mobile makeup and hair artists that specialize in bridal beauty on your wedding day. Their professional and talented artists each have a unique style and are passionate about going above and beyond to enhance a bride’s natural beauty. Whether you simply need getting ready makeup or assistance with your gown and styling, Kate Johnson Artistry can custom-tailor a bridal package that fits your specific event needs.

Experience
The team at Kate Johnson Artistry has over 40 years of collective experience in transforming clients through beautiful hair and makeup. Their looks have graced the covers of Modern Weddings and Chicago Style Weddings, and been used in dozens of editorial advertisements.

The Kate Johnson Artistry bridal team provides beauty services for weddings and brides of all needs and backgrounds. They encourage consultations and trials so they can ensure your final look is exactly the fairy tale look you’re imagining. Event services offered include the following:

• On-site hair and makeup

Kate Johnson Artistry 7
  • Laynee

Laynee · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

Kate Johnson Artistry is great! I was looking for a place where I did not have to sign up the whole bridal party for makeup as it can get very pricey. Kate Johnson was flexible with allowing us to choose the number of girls that were partaking in services, and pricing was a lot more reasonable than other salons I had looked into. Lauren from Kate Johnson did my makeup and she is so amazing! During the trial, I showed her several inspiration pictures but not being a makeup guru, I let her take the lead. She did such a beautiful job and made me feel comfortable in my own skin while glamming it up a bit. On the wedding day, it was so nice to have someone as calm and sweet as Lauren around. She did makeup for my mom, my sister and me on my big day. We all felt so beautiful, and the makeup lasted throughout the day flawlessly, even in the summer. Lauren and I became friends through our time together, and I cherish the memories from being pampered and feeling my absolute best. Thank you Kate Johnson and Lauren!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Kate Johnson Artistry 8
    Kate Johnson Artistry 9

Kate Johnson Artistry's reply:

Laynee! What a wonderful surprise this morning! Thank you so much i will for sure forward this to Lauren! When you get your photos pls share! I’d love to write something on ChiTheeWed for you!

Angela Fraser · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazingly Talented Hair and Make-up Artist

Kate did an amazing job on my hair and make-up for my wedding day. I have a lot of hair, and I was little worried that my hair would be looking pretty sad by the end of the night. However, I didn't need to worry in Kate's capable hands. She crafted a stunning undo that looked great both with and without my veil, and that stayed put throughout the night. Kate also is an amazingly talented make-up artist who really listened to me when I described how I wanted to look. I'd suggest that clients also book a trial appointment with Kate in advance. I loved my look after my trial, and it was great to make sure that what I thought I wanted was actually what I wanted prior to my big day. I would highly recommend Kate to anyone who wants to look extra special.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Kate Johnson Artistry's reply:

HI Angela! Thank you so much thats so kind of you! What a lovely review to wake up to. Cant wait to see pictures!!

Kate Johnson Artistry FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 60.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 60.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 60.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 60.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 90.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 90.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 125.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 10.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for tanning services? $ 40.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer? Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Tanning, Licensed, Skincare
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What tanning services do you offer? Airbrush Tanning, Spray Tanning

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Kate Johnson Artistry 1
    Free Organic Spray Tan
    Free Organic Airbrush spray tan for any bride that books our Day Of Glamour Package

• Genevieve Lauren Photography
    Genevieve Lauren Photography Wedding Photographers

I've had the opportunity to work with Kate and her team on so many occasions I've lost track, but when it was time for me to get my hair and makeup done for an important video shoot was in front of the camera for, I wouldn't have called anyone else. She has an incredible ability to make you look like you, even when you have makeup on that you might think is too heavy or out of character for you. She knows how to make you look your best, but not go crazy overboard! Shes also super fun to work with so I'd highly recommend using her for whatever your specialty makeup and hair needs may be.

• 1658 North Milwaukee 240, 240 Chicago, IL, 60647 See on map
    847-278-2612 (Phone number)
    We are open for business 24/7 and provide brides with services all hours of the day.