Photobisou

Sort By:

4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
We did a lot of research for our wedding photographer and Bong is really the best value at this price point. Bong's quality of work is top notch and he is really flexible and professional. We had two videographers at our wedding and Bong was very good at maneuvering around during the ceremony and reception to be minimally intrusive to the shooting and the guests view. He was very flexible in how we arranged our time and worked well to mitigate family members who felt sore about not being in all the pictures. Bong made time to setup for everyone to get in the shots they wanted. Throughout the entire process, Bong was very prompt and responsive to all forms of communication. Bong's best attribute, in his style of photography, is his posed pictures. He has some great ideas of how to pose for both fun and traditional photographs and everything we received on that end turned out really great. There were a couple of items that we were slightly disappointed with. The first was that a few of our favorite pictures had the boom mic and/or camera of our videographers in the background. To be fair to Bong, we did have two cameramen at our wedding who were right in our face for many sections, so it would be very hard to completely remove these items from all pictures. About 90% of our pictures were positioned to not have these distractions, it just turned out that some of our favorites happened to include those. Our second item, which is really the major factor of the 4.5 on Quality of Service, was that we were hoping to frame a large close up photograph of the two of us at the alter to capture the moment. Now, Bong did have an in person meeting with us to ask what specific pictures were important to us and he sent us several follow up emails for anything that we wanted to make sure we had and in the rush of preparing a wedding we did not think to emphasize this item, so we can't really hold it against Bong for that, we are just disappointed. Overall, we would...
Wedding: Recently Married
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
We did not like the product that Bong produced. When he sent us the unedited version we thought they were good because he would edit them significantly and take out lots of blurriness and cut off people and objects. But when he sent us the "final" version we were not impressed. His pictures looked like something anybody with a good camera could take. He did not show us any real artistic skills with the content of his photos. When we questioned him about this, he basically said that he used good camera and lens settings but had no answers about the content of the photos. He got defensive and emotional when I told him his photos were not good. This is business- if I am unhappy with your paid services then I will tell you...so get over it.

He did agree to refund some of the money back to us. However, the money back doesn't really help us because we still don't have pictures that were as amazing as our event. He claims that I just want the money back-- but in reality we just wanted beautiful photos that we can put in our house.

I really wish I had paid more money and gotten a real professional who actually processed what we said. The reason my wife and I were upset with Bong is because he simply did NOT listen to what we told him before the event. We specifically said we wanted the photos to be more artistic: to show lots of color, emotions in people, and to tell a story. He nodded his head and basically seemed to know it all. But in the end, he did not really deliver that. If you want, I can show anyone pictures that my novice friends took that were more beautiful than what Bong took. Unfortunately, we did not have another photographer.

Bong did not even respect my anonymous post and chose to personally attack me in his reply. Clearly, no professional would do this. In summary, I would say that Bong is probably pretty good if you have a standard simple wedding. But if you have something unique and more artistic, then you should probably look elsewhere.
Photobisou responded with the following comments:
If anyone would like to review photos they described, please see the link below (proofs I sent them); http://www.flickr.com/photos/99126918@N03/sets/72157637199189373/ Also, the contract was cancelled and refunded $350 because Sonny offensively impolite manner. Photo I sent them was proof - not final product but he was so rude and seems to be liked cancel the contract. He should know how to work and communicate with other people. Also, I sent him unedited version in a week because his father-in-law will go back to his country. After he reviewed photos, he said, it looks good to him. I reallly do not understand why he changed his mind. I think, he wants to cancel contract and get some money back. So, I refunded the remaining balance $350 to him. Please conatct me if you anyone concern about his review. I can show all text from him and photos I took his event. I really do not like him, and not true whatever he mentioned. He spent lots of money for event- fire show & DJ but tried to save a little money from videographer and photographer.

But Sonny Sarma is a good dancer but not a good person to work for and with.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong was AMAZING. He was incredibly flexible and professional. He went out of his way to help us in any way he could. Our wedding had to be moved at the last minute and he was beyond helpful. Our pictures came out beautifully, and his prices are fantastic. You could not ask for better.
Wedding: 07/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong was amazing! I stumbled across his services on Craigslist and after searching him online and seeing reviews of his work I contacted him. He was extremely responsive and always willing to answer any questions I had. You can't beat his price, his professionalism, and his work is fantastic!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I was going with another photographer when I stumbled over Bong on Wedding Wire. The photos looked very nice so I decided to contact him especially because so many said his demeanor was so great during the wedding. He was great! Highly recommended. Thanks Bong!
Wedding: 03/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong was great to work with. Our wedding pictures turned out amazing and we cant wait to see the album one he's done with it. Great value and great service.

Mavis & Doug
Wedding: 08/11/2012

Anonymous 7 Reviews
My husband and I are pretty photophobic, so we were nervous about the whole idea of wedding photos. We are so glad we found Bong. He was very polite and patient and made us feel at ease about all of the day's pictures. He was very attentive to getting all of the shots we wanted. We just received our photo disc and absolutely love them! He did an amazing job.
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Private User 6 Reviews
I highly recommend Bong for your engagement and wedding pictures. Bong always responded to my emails within an hour and was extremely accommodating. I also appreciated that he was very punctual (initial meeting, engagement pictures, and the wedding.) My family and friends enjoyed their interactions with him. More importantly, he got the shots we wanted without being obtrusive! After the reception was over and he had packed up, Bong discovered that family and friends were planning to blow bubbles upon our departure. Bong unpacked everything and got great shots. We have received our pictures and I absolutely love them! (I tend to be very critical.) I certainly recommend Bong without hesitation.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found Bong accidentally looking for a photographer a week before my wedding. I loved the price and later on I loved his job. He was in the church on time and he stayed from 3:45pm to 10:45pm. He took a lot of pictures and they look awesome. It took him about 3 weeks to send me back the CDs. My husband and I are very happy, we definitely would recommend his services to people who are on a budget.
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong provided wonderful service at our wedding. I haven't seen the photos yet, but I'm positive Bong did a fantastic job. He was there right on time. He took any photo we requested. He even posed some of my accessories and my mom commented on what a good idea that was. He was very professional and was there as soon as I needed him. After the wedding, he would stand off to the side and snap photos, but would be right there if I needed a candid shot with a friend or family member. He helped organized our portaits very easily and helped me make sure my hair wasn't flying all over the place.
The value that Bong provides is amazing and I really recommend his services to anyone on a tight budget. I can't WAIT to see the pictures....soon I hope!
Wedding: 04/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong did an incredible work on my daughter's wedding. He is a great photographer and the pictures are amazing. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to have a professional photographer. He captured all the details of the wedding.. and looking at his pictures you just travel in time and feel the same emotions of that day. Thanks Bong...
Wedding: 04/15/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Mr.Lee's service was more than we could have asked for when it came to over wedding. His pricing was so much more affordable than many advertised wedding photographers but he does NOT skimp on quality or professionalism. The lighting for our wedding photos was not adequate inside the atrium so Mr. Lee took post wedding photos for us and the kids at national harbor at no additional cost. The photos including our wedding day pics turned out wonderful and the prints included with our package was more than enough. We will recommend him to all our friends and family and use him in the future for any events we might have. Thanks Bong!
Wedding: 03/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I want to share how awesome it was to have Bong photograph our elopement. It was an incredibly value and he was flexible, warm, kind, funny and took many beautiful photographs. It was a very intimate, low-key, spontaneous and joyful event and he captured the feel and mood masterfully. I can't recommend him enough!
Wedding: 12/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong is very professional and took tons of photos! They all turned out wonderfully! Our family and friends all commented on how much they loved the photographer and how great he did! Thank you very much Bong for doing such an awesome job!
Wedding: 06/11/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Bong Lee was very professional and provided exactly what his packages offer. For a one-person shooter, he was able to capture many of the highlights, but his strongest suit is the posed photographs. He offers a more traditional wedding photography style at a great value.
Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bong is fantastic. He took creative and beautiful photos and was completely flexible with us the entire day. I couldn't be happier with my photos. He was timely and polite and funny. I can't recommend him enough.
Wedding: 04/02/2011