Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up
On site professional make up and hair styling!
Serving DC, Northern VA, all of MD, DE, PA, NJ, NYC, MD

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

Sara 1 Reviews
The little flower girls loved Jill. She was fun and playful with them and even gave them a little take home lip gloss so they could apply all night. She also did very well with the teenager who could not make up her mind. Her patience is a true virtue! Thank you for making my girls sparkle all night!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Beautiful Sara, Kayleigh, Jenna and Bree! You all were so gorgeous and sweet! I had so much fun working with you beautiful ladies! You all remind me how much I love my job and how much fun little girls are! Thank you and take good care! Jill
Wedding: 12/31/2012

Angela 1 Reviews
Jill was excellent. She was prompt, pleasant, talented, and flexible to work with.l
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Amanda and Angela! What a beautiful winter wonderland wedding! And Amanda could not have been more of a snow angel! Love to you both and please send a picture when you can! All our love!

Judy, Jill and Kaite Jo
Wedding: 12/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
First of all, Jill is majorly talented! I gave her some of my ideas, and she told me what would work/look best for me, and of course, she was right on the money! Brides, trust her talents!!! She knows what she is doing!

I went for a trial run to her house and she made my girlfriends and me feel very comfortable. We laughed and chatted with her as she worked her magic :-) My girlfriends pointed out to me that having such a social beautician would be very helpful for keeping my mind off other things on the big day (they were right!) After the trial run, my girlfriends and I went out for a couple of drinks. I got so many compliments on my "all dolled up" appearance.

Although I loved my hair and make up for the trial run, I was completely blown away on the actual wedding day! Jill made me feel like a princess! All my girls and my Mom loved their hair and make up! Jill and her assistant (I forgot her name :-( were willing to work with us until everyone was satisfied! Such fun, talented ladies!

My husband and I decided to do the first look, and I'm glad we did because Sandy (the hurricane) created a lot of wind. Since I have pinstraight hair, I knew I would lose some curl. Jill made sure to give me a more wrapped look since I wanted curl and a half up hair do. Most of the curl held, but having a hurricane sure made it challenging. Please know that this had nothing to do with what Jill did or didn't do! She was fantastic! However, being outside for pictures for over an hour after a hurricane will certainly test those curls. Honestly, I was the only one who noticed them falling a tad :-)

My make up was superb! I do wear make up, but don't know a lot about it. Long story short, BEAUTIFUL and LONG LASTING!!!

Thank you Jill for sharing your talents, great stories and making me feel like a princess! I have already made recommendations to friends (and one of the girls in my bridal party has already used her for her engagement shoot :-)
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
To Beautiful Shannon and her lovely group of beautiful friends and family. It was all our pleasure to work with you ladies over the last few months to make Shannon's day special! Thank you so much for these kind words and all your high praise. I am truly tearing up as I read this review over again. Shannon, you and your ladies are the reason we do what we do and why we love it!

All our best and once again, thank you and peace and joy!

Jill, Judy and Katie Jo
Wedding: 11/02/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Jenna 1 Reviews
Very easy to work with. The bride looked absolutely perfect. They knew their business!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Kaitlynn was so beautiful and such a sweetie to work with! We hope all of your dreams come true! Thank you for having us!

Jill, Judy and Kaite Jo
Wedding: 10/13/2012

Michelle 1 Reviews
Thank you so much for your hard work into making my day so special, I really felt that you went the extra mile to make sure everything was just perfect. The hair was just what I always dreamed of, my makeup was more then I ever hoped for! I will always remember this day with such love, happiness and joy and that everything turned out so perfectly, Thank you so much for your part in to that as well.
Michelle
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Glowing Michelle! I am so glad you chose me for your wedding day! It was such a great event and your choice of hair and make up was perfect! As I gathered my things to leave, I got to watch you have your picture taken and your face absolutely glowed! I know you will have the most amazing pictures and I really hope you will send us one! Working with you was like being with a group of friends for the day! Again, thank you and may life bring you joy and peace!

Judy and Jill
Wedding: 10/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jill and her team were fabulous. I went for a trial with my mom and Jill took her time with me, even re-doing both hair & makeup when I wasn't sure what I wanted. On the wedding day, she was punctual and ready to go! We all had a great time laughing and chatting all morning and my makeup was even better than I could have imagined. My hair had a bit of a hard time holding its curl that morning but the end result was beautiful and stayed in place all afternoon and evening. It was worth every penny to not have to worry about hair or makeup touch-ups and actually get to enjoy my wedding!
Hello Beautiful Keriann!

Felicia and I had such a fun time with you and your friends and family on your wedding day! Thanks for keeping the music on and the coffee going! Also, thanks to your sister in law for teaching us some new dance moves! We are so glad to hear how happy you were as you really looked BREATH TAKING! Like something out of a magazine! I hope that you will send us a picture of two! Many happy returns and please keep in touch!
PS....working with you was an absolute joy!

Jill, Judy, Felicia and Staff
Wedding: 10/06/2012
2.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Working with Jill was horrible – she doesn’t have any customer service skills. She will not speak to anyone but the bride (so forget about your maid-of-honor or mother calling to set up an appointment or asking a question about her hair). Jill tried to ruin my pre-wedding experience. She fought with me on the phone and made me so frustrated on multiple occasions that I was close to tears. This is not how planning a wedding should be. DO NOT USE HER SERVICES. Her one saving grace is that Felicia and Kimya, the stylists who actually did my hair and makeup at my trial and on my wedding day, were lovely and did a great job. I would use them again, but I would rather do anything than deal with Jill again. There is something wrong with the picture when the customer has to be the professional one and apologize to the service provider in order to get her services.
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Our company did not provide wedding day services for her because she refused to sign any contracts presented to her. One of our sub contractors was given the option of doing business with her after many attempts to solidify a contract with her. When wedding wire was contacted by us to remove this comment since we did not provide wedding day services for her, wedding wire said "We are not a court and this is not our problem". This bride said that her services were wonderful and I am glad that Felicia was able to take over and put on a brave face to deal with this character so I am wondering why the need for this review?
Wedding: 09/29/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I looked at many makeup artists and hair stylists for on-site services. Jill's style was exactly what I was looking for and her prices are very reasonable. I liked Jill right away, she is engaging and funny and easy to get along with. For my trial I went to her house. She did an excellent job and I immediately signed the contract (splurge for the airbrush makeup - you won't be disappointed!). My maids and mom all raved about her and her staff, they loved the way they looked. I would definitely recommend her.

If I had any feedback at all in the area of improvement, it would be that there were a few times that I reached out to her when she did not respond, and then when she did, it seemed as though she would ask me for informationt that i had already provided to her. It wasnt a bad experience by any far stretch, but an opportunity for improvement in regards to communication is there.

Wonderful to work with and my makeup and hair lasted all day and into the night!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Hello Beautiful Jennifer! Thank you for these kind words! I am so glad that you and all your ladies were so happy and we had so much fun with you all on your special day! I really appreciate your feedback so much and what I would like others to know, and what I wished you might have mentioned was that you contacted me several times while I was out of town and then you changed your number of participants for services several times between your trial run and your wedding day so I was each time tying to confirm your request so be as exact as possible for your wedding. Thank you so much again and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your hair and make up services so very much! I hope you and your new husband, family and beautiful puppy have a wonderful life! Please keep in touch! Sincerely, Judy and Jill
Wedding: 09/23/2012

Stormee... 1 Reviews
When I was asked to be a bridesmaid for my niece's wedding, I was super excited. Then, I remembered that my niece is in her early 20's and all of her friends are also. At 35, the thought of being showcased with a bunch of 20 somethings is not my idea of a good time. So, in a panic, I called Jill. You see, I drive a forklift for a living so make-up is not first on my list of worries during the day. Jill was super patient with me. The make-up she did for the trial run was absolutely beautiful. Since the wedding was in Conneticut and I live in Maryland, Jill showed me how to do my eyes so that I could showcase their natural beauty. I felt gorgeous on the day of the wedding!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Always beautiful and sparkling, Stormee! I am so glad you were so happy with your service and felt so beautiful....and just a reminder...wine gets better with age and so do we!
Wedding: 08/25/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Alyssa & Dave 7 Reviews
Jill and Felicia did an amazing job with hair and make-up for my wedding. My mom, bridesmaids, sister-in-laws, etc all looked stunning! They arrived on time (despite getting lost in DC), managed their time well and kept the mood casual and carefree. I would recommend Jill and Felicia to a friend.

Thanks again!!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Stunning Alyssa! Thank you for your kind words! First, please again thank Dad for helping to guide us into your neighborhood! He was wonderful when our GPS couldn't find you! I am so glad you were so happy and felt so carefree! I loved you and all your beautiful friends! Felicia and I had a great time with you all and your beautiful birds, too! Thanks again and please remember to send us a picture! Take care! Jill and Felicia!
Wedding: 07/07/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I would recommend Jill Sherrard to anyone for her make-up and hair styling expertise. The morning of my wedding, I didn't know what I wanted as far as make-up was concerned, so I just told her to do whatever she thought would look best. Wow! I am glad I let her do her thing because it looked wonderful! She did my hair for my wedding as well and it was exactly what I wanted. I also had a tiara and veil that I was going to wear but I had forgotten to bring them, so she went out of her way and arranged to have someone get the tiara and veil from my house and bring it to us, in order to give me the best hair style that worked with the kind of tiara and veil I had. She really cared about giving me the best hair and make-up style and she went above and beyond what was expected of her in order to do that. Everything was done in a professional manner, while we were also able to talk and laugh the entire time. I felt very comfortable working with her. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I would recommend her to anyone!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
For my beautiful June bride, Ashley, you are the epitome of grace and beauty! My grandmother used to say "Pretty is as pretty does"and I truly think of you when I think of this saying. Thank you for being such a sweetie to work with. Courtney Burton Photography was kind enough to share some of her pictures with me and I smiled all day when I saw them! You look like a model out of a magazine in each shot! **My favorite was you and the horse and you and your groom in the covered bridge! Thank you and God Bless! Sincerely, Jill
Wedding: 06/16/2012

Kimberly 1 Reviews
Jill and her staff were wonderful! They came on time and were so professional! They fitted right in with all the girls! Every 8 of us girls had a unique hairstyle that was just absolutely gorgeous! I would recommend these girls for ANY event! They will definitely be called upon again for other weddings in our family!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Kim,you and your family and friends were so wonderful and so much fun! You looked like a movie star on the red carpet and I am so glad you were so happy! Your father and mother were wonderful and I loved their smiles and the fun we had all day! Thank you for the opportunity to work with your family and thank you so much for the kind words! We had a great time and am glad you did too!

Jill, Judy and Felicia
Wedding: 06/09/2012
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Bring pictures as a guide so you can show what kind of style/look you want. One of my bridesmaids changed her mind about her hair being up, and they were completely willing and open to changing her style. Everyone looked great. The staff was on time, easy to talk to, and helped to create a stress-free morning! There were a few conflicting price quotes given through emails or in phone conversations, so it is helpful to request contract early on. To get hair and make up done was a bit more than you'd pay at a salon, but it was worth the comfort of getting ready at home with everyone nearby. Overall, we were very pleased!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
We were so happy to have been able to be a part of Melissa's big day! Her and her family and friends made us feel so welcome and we had such a great time with everyone. Everyone looked amazing and the pictures are truly breathtaking! Thank you for sharing them with us! I would also like to thank both Melissa and Kim for the kind words of thanks that they posted singing our praises. Regarding pricing, a "flower girl" was booked with this wedding party and we were told that she was 9 years old and had short hair. We offer flower girl rates for up to 9 years old and told this to the bride and her sister in an initial phone conversation. Upon our arrival, the flower girl had long thick hair and was age 11 years. Even though a higher charge should have been assessed for this beauty service participant, I decided to keep the rate at the flower girl price but I did make mention of this discovery to the bride and her sister. Also, because the group was so large, they were offered discounts and my prices were well under the up do prices in salons in their area of Hockessin, DE. It is important to mention to prospective clients that we offer some of the best and most competitive rates in the NOVA, DC, MD, DE, PA and NJ areas. Thank you again and best luck to Melissa and her new husband! Jill, Felicia and Kim
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our makeup and hair done for a friends wedding.
We looked and felt like movie stars!!!!
We received so many compliments and were asked numerous times who did your hair and makeup?
I would highly recommend this company!!!!!
Kellie,

We had a great time working with you and your friend! Thank you for the opportunity! Not to mention the fun and laughter we shared! You both looked like models in a magazine! All our love! Jill, Felicia and Kim!
Wedding: 06/02/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Jill’s talent as a hair and makeup artist is absolutely wonderful. On the day of my wedding, she did the hair for my two bridesmaids, makeup for my mother, and both services for me. Let me just preface this review by stating that it poured on the day of my wedding. I’m talking like monsoon conditions, with tornado warnings all around the area. But through the treacherous rain and incredibly windy conditions, my hair and makeup didn’t budge. Nor did the bridesmaids. Even when the rain let up for about 15 minutes, and we were able to run outside to snap a few photos, my hairstyle was able to withstand all the wind. I received compliments all night, and still continue to have comments 4 weeks after the wedding. My bridesmaids and mother looked beautiful, and I felt like a bride out of a magazine. With all of the drama and running around, it was nice that my hair never had to be a concern throughout the entire evening.

I would also like to comment on how responsive Jill was to all of my emails. For those of you planning a wedding, I’m sure you have dealt with the vendors who don’t call you back and ignore all your emails for days, adding more to your stress level. I never had to wait longer than 12 hours to get a response from Jill. She had to be the least-stressful person I worked with, because she was so diligent about getting back to me. I never had to sit there fretting when it came to her. She is totally flexible with your schedule, totally willing to work with your vision.

In closing this review, I would be remiss if I did not comment on just how great Jill is as a person overall. She is more than just a fabulous beautician. In the two times that I met with her, (the trial run and then again the day of the wedding), I had an absolutely awesome time with her. Jill has such a vivacious personality that you can’t help but feel happier when you are around her. I’m pretty sure she knew how worried and nervous I was the day of my wedding, as I constantly stared out the window awaiting the rain to start. But she somehow has this way to put me at ease, and that everything would work out just fine. I didn’t feel like I was just another one of her clients; in all honesty, I felt like I have known her for years. She was completely entertaining during the 5 hours she was with me and my bridal party, and never slowed down for a break.

I would highly recommend Jill’s services for the day of your wedding, or any special occasion. You will not be disappointed at all. Her prices are a great value compared to others in the area. If you read the other reviews, you will see that we all state how much we loved the results of her work. And, you will have such an awesome time hanging out with her. Thank you so much, Jill!
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Kathryn, my mouth is open and my eyes full of tears reading this. It is the highest compliment for a bride to say she felt beautiful, but to also say that you like me as a person and that you were so very happy and at ease is absolutely paramount to me as an artist and person. I love each an every bride and you hold a special special place in my heart! Your kindness preceded you and your beauty radiates through! Your day may have been rainy and windy, but no doubt your beauty and kindness shown through and were unsurpassed. Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your memories! I loved you, your mom, bridesmaid and tap dancing sis! All my best always, Jill
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My experience with Jill was great! She is fun, energetic, friendly, and outgoing. She really makes the bride feel special and pampered.
Maryland & DC Wedding Hair & Make up responded with the following comments:
Beautiful Joy! It was truly a joy to work with Joy and be a part of her special day! I had so much fun "working" and I really appreciate that Joy and her group made me a part of their family for the day! Joy, you looked radiant and regal in your wedding gown! Thank you for choosing me and my staff to be a part of your wedding!

Jill