Images by Denise

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

Jennifer 6 Reviews
Denise is a hidden gem in the triangle area! She did an outstanding job on me (the bride) and my 5 bridesmaids. Our hair and makeup looked like we were ready for the Oscars and I couldn't have been happier with the finished product. Denise and her assistant Deidre came to our house bright and early at 8am and worked non-stop until noon. They were delightful company and worked with each girl as a individual, catering to how comfortable she was with the amount of makeup and desired hairstyle. The airbrush foundation works wonders and looks and feels incredible. I also had fake lashes which blended right into my own - no one could tell that I was wearing any, which was a huge plus. And they peeled off no problem that night. Definitely would recommend her for any special occasion!
Wedding: 12/28/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Our entir experience with Denise was perfect. The entire wedding party looked amazing. My younger daughter can't wait to go to the prom so Denise can do her hair and makeup.
Wedding: 12/16/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Denise Hutter did amazing hair and makeup for my wedding! I worked with her for my bridal portraits and Wedding day! She did my makeup & hair as well as for my bridal party! She is a great person to work with, making the entire day a fun experience. My hair and makeup turned out amazing and the pictures turned out wonderful, really capturing the great job Denise did! She was such a fun person to work with and was so flexible. A major plus: Denise and her assistant traveled to the hotel suite we were staying in to help us get ready on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend Denise Hutter to any future brides!
Wedding: 11/24/2012

Emily 1 Reviews
We just got our professional photos back, and everyone looks stunning thanks to Denise! My husband can't stop talking about how good my makeup looked, especially the eye makeup. Denise was quick to respond to all my emails and phone calls, and was SO easy to work with the day of the wedding. She was a big lifesaver to this out-of-state bride.
Her work is beautiful!
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thanks Emily for the review. I loved the image you posted on FB! I want to see the one of your hair ...I just loved your hair. You and your party were an awesome group of ladies to work with. I wish you and your new hubby all the happiness in the world.
Wedding: 08/04/2012

Amanda 5 Reviews
Denise did hair and makeup for both my bridesmaids and myself for my wedding in May. She did an AWESOME job! She was prompt and professional in planning for the big day and was relaxed enough on my wedding day that it helped me be relaxed as well. We did a trial session back in the fall, including taking pictures, so I knew exactly what to expect on the wedding day. She was on time and made the whole experience fun. She did an amazing job with my hair and makeup! Everyone commented on how beautiful I looked. My bridemaids who had trouble with having their hair done in the past were so impressed on what a good job she did with their hair and makeup as well. Denise is extremely talented and a very nice person. I would deffinately recommend her for your wedding day!
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Amanda thank you for the review. May is one of my busiest months and you and your party was one of my favorite:)
Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Denise was an absolute joy to work with; before and on the big day. She was on location and all setup when I got there and I felt a bit bad for having her wait a few minutes before I could actually sit down to get ready. She was so nice and funny and tried to calm me down and very good in making it all about me on my important day. We had a consultation almost a year ago and I wasn’t sure what exactly I wanted on my wedding day but she was so great in producing exactly the look I was going for; it was magic. She went above and beyond her duties and even helped me get into my wedding dress when my maid-of-honor was nowhere to be found. She really did an excellent job and everybody was complimenting me on my look and said how pretty the hair and makeup looked. I would highly recommend Denise to anybody and can’t wait to have her do my hair/make-up for my Bridal Session.
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank you Angelika, you are soo sweet and I am also looking forward to doing your Bridal portraits :)
Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Value:  4.0

webster7 17 Reviews
Denise did both hair and makeup, and made me and my bridesmaids look and feel gorgeous on my wedding day. She airbrushed everyone so our skin looked fantastic, and added false eyelashes for that extra boost in photos. She knows what she's doing. The shellac hairspray held perfectly all night. My only complaint is that my lip color faded immediately, and I had to reapply it all night long. There should be a long-lasting option. She and I both forgot to attach my veil, which I only realized at the venue.

Be prepared to spend a small fortune. Each bridesmaid requires a separate charge for hair and a separate charge for makeup comparable to a salon visit. It adds up fast. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably hire someone else to do hair (faster with two people, and it's easy to find good hair stylists), and keep Denise for makeup. She really is an artist. She was wonderful to work with. Very calm, flexible, professional, and fun to talk with. A true professional.
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank you for the review Karen, I enjoyed working with you and your family.
Wedding: 04/29/2012

Jen 1 Reviews
Denise is THE perfect choice for bridal & bridal party hair and makeup.Denise was my choice for bridal hair and makeup on my wedding day and she also did all of my bridesmaids(7) and one flower girl in addition to me! Denise meets you where you are,she came to us with full service hair and makeup and was early. Denise did a fantastic job getting us all through it. She knew exactly how to time the day, when to start, how much time to spend on each of us - she knew exactly when I needed to get ready and gave me the attention and service I expected and beyond! She was there even as I put my gown on to help with that, make sure my hair looked right with my veil, etc. Denise is amazing! Besides being equipped with the skill set to do a phenomenal job with hair and makeup, she also has a very cool personality and it just makes the whole "getting ready" experience of the bride and her party even more fun. Denise worked nonstop that day in what ended up being sort of a crowded hotel room full of chattering ladies. Everyone in my party commented on what a fantastic job she did with all of us. My little niece (my flower girl) looked in the mirror so many times and just smiled as big as ever. She loved her princess hair and touch of lip gloss. It was adorable.I also want to say that my hair and makeup was beautiful and lasted my whole wedding day. We did a lot of dancing and moving around at our wedding! I was impressed. Truly, I was very composed my wedding day while I was getting ready, but after Denise was done with my makeup and hair and I looked in the mirror, it was the first time I cried, because I was just so grateful to her. She is lovely and you will love working with her. She spends a lot of time with your on your trial hair and makeup day also. Definitely do that - do a trial with her to figure it all out. I highly recommend Denise!! Her service is exactly what you hope for and expect on your special day or special occassion.
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Jen thanks for the wonderful review!!! My head got slightly bigger as I read this review lol. ...I do have the best brides ever!
Wedding: 11/13/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Denise is such a joy to work with! She did an impeccable job with my bridesmaids, my mother, and my hair/makeup on my Wedding Day! She's fun and laid back, she's talented and knows how to create what you're envisioning. Ultimately she just wants you to be happy, isn't that all you could ever ask for from a vendor? Very reasonably priced for all the work she'll put in. Very prompt and very timely with her services. Love her!
Danielle,
Thank you sooo much for your review. I was such a pleasure to work with you, your family & friends. Also thank you for the tag on FB of the beautiful images from your wedding. What a wonderful surprise and I love that:)
Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LOVED HER! She brought an assistant to help, since there were 12 different services needed. They did an amazing job on all of our hair and makeup. I have never felt so pretty and my husband just loved how I looked.
Wedding: 09/23/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Denise was an amazing vendor to work with. She was able to do 8 hair and makeup services for my wedding. She is truly an artist she was able to do wonders with our hair and makeup. My husband was was floored when he saw me for the first time and continued to tell me throughout the day how beautiful I was.
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank you Cookie, I loved working with you & your party....you guys were soooo much fun! I can't wait to see some pictures:)
Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Very happy with how my makeup and hair turned out, as were my mom and the bridal party. She even found time to do hair for my brother's girlfriend who asked at the last minute.
Wedding: 09/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Denise was wonderful! She did my hair and make up for my Bridal Portraits, along with mine and my mom's hair and make up for the Wedding day. It was perfect! The hair stayed all day/night and the make up looked flawless. She was easy to work with and a blast to be around. I could not have asked for a better look for the wedding day! She really listens to what you want to and knows how to make the look work for you! I will recommend her to everyone!!
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank you Mary Lou, for taking the time to review my business. You and your family were a total joy to work with. I can't wait to see pictures:)
Wedding: 08/06/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Denise was very flexible. She came at 7:30 AM to my hotel on a Sunday to do the hair and make-up for me and my girls. It was nice to have a vendor that does both services. She did a fabulous job and I got tons of compliments on my hair and make-up. She was a little expensive but I could be happier with the results so it was worth it!
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your review. Meeting and working on you, your mom and the bridesmaids was a pleasure.
Wedding: 02/20/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5

Anonymous 8 Reviews
I think Denise is amazing at what she does, and I felt like the most beautiful woman in the city on my wedding day. She really takes her time to do a beautiful job and doesn't rush.

A piece of advice: Denise offers a trial run for your make up and hair for a small extra charge. Do it on your rehearsal day so you have two great days of make up and hair! Also, one of my fake eyelashes fell off (it was incredibly windy). I'd suggest buying and bringing extra glue in case. Also, Denise gives you lip color as part of your bridal package - don't forget to reapply! In some of my pictures, my lip color has come off, and the colors aren't as beautiful as when I'd remembered to wear it.

As a side note, Denise is more expensive than some of the other folks I considered, but she doesn't nickle and dime you, and I she's a true artist, not just someone who does make up. I would use her again in a minute. Denise, it was a joy working with you!
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank You Shaina for taking time to review my business.. I'm sorry the lash didn't hold up and will pass on the tip about extra glue to my other brides. I wish you the best:)
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Trisha 1 Reviews
Denise was great! I hired her and her team to do hair/makeup for a special event in Raleigh and they did an awesome job. Very professional, friendly, easy to work with and the their work turned out beautiful. Thanks again!
Images by Denise responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your review.
Wedding: 11/26/2010
 919-538-5387
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire