Glen Sanders Mansion

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders made our day absolutely perfect! We did not worry about a thing and they went out of their way to make sure of it! They made planning easy, and stress free and never said no!
Wedding: 12/31/2013

Peter 2 Reviews
We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Glen Sanders. The staff was accommodating and flexible during the planning stages and was professional and organized on the day of our wedding. The venue itself was beautiful. The staff was attentive and friendly. In particular, Maria, Amanda and Maki went out of their way to make sure that our wedding was everything we hoped it would be. They seemed genuinely excited about our wedding and had enthusiastic positive attitudes throughout the entire experience. The food was absolutely delicious. Our friends and family all raved about the venue, food, and service. The cost was very reasonable.
Wedding: 12/30/2013

Stella 4 Reviews
Thank you for making our night run so smoothly! It was truly magical!
Wedding: 12/14/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Awesome customer service and value. These people go above and beyond and treat you like a star for the day!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had heard great things prior to looking at Glen Sanders but I knew they were going to be our venue when we pulled in the parking lot. Maria DeMartino was simply amazing and walked us through every step of planning our ceremony and reception. Once our wedding weekend approached, we were introduced to our banquet manager, Amanda. She was also amazing and was on point with every detail. She put us at ease and walked us through every step. We didn't have to worry about a thing!! Maki, my bridal attendant was also extremely helpful and was there every step of the day too. We knew we were going to love Glen Sanders but they exceeded my expectations.
Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at the Glen Sanders this past weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! The staff is amazing, the food was fabulous and overall perfect! Could not have asked for a better wedding!
Wedding: 09/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were married on June 23, 2013 at the Glen Sanders Mansion. All the staff we dealt with were professional, and took care of our every need. The food was excellent, and we believe our package was a great value. The attention to detail that they exhibited greatly reduced our stress levels on what would otherwise have been a very stressful day -- they really have wedding organization down to a science.
Wedding: 06/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding guests all agree, as do we, that our wedding reception was the best they ever attended, thanks in no small part to the amazing professionals at Glen Sanders Mansion. The food was abundant and beyond delicious, the service second to none, and from the stunning patios to the beautiful ballroom, and cozy Maquas Lounge, it gave us everything needed to make our wedding spectacular. Special shout-outs to Maria, Frank, Nancy and Maki along with everyone at Mazzone Hospitality – you are pros extraodinaire and hands down - the absolute best!!

John and Allison
Wedding – June 8, 2013
Wedding: 06/08/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Glen Sanders Mansion is like no other. My husband and I met with many other venues prior to selecting GSM and we could not have been more pleased with our decision. First and foremost, Maria DeMartino who is event coordinator is probably the most helpful, flexible, practical, and no-nonsense woman I have ever met. my wedding would not have been as wonderful without her. She also made it seem like me and my family were her only clients. She accommodated me like no other venue would; from table linens to culturally appropriate appetizers. She went out of her way to ask the chef for a few appetizers from my parents' culture - I sent her a few recipes and they turned out fantastic - in fact better than I ever had. She goes out of her way to make sure her brides and grooms are TAKEN CARE of like royalty that day. I don't think I've ever felt so welcome and pampered; she makes sure that you have enough food to eat, time to yourselves, and that you are able to sit back to enjoy your own wedding. Maria made sure we really got a bang for our buck.
The food - oh my! So many compliments from guests even after the wedding. They definitely make sure everyone is well fed and that no one leaves the wedding hungry, particularly the bride and groom.
Value is unmatched. The wedding day staff were respectful, always had a smile on their faces, and took excellent care of my guests.

The only negative comment (and the only reason for 4/5 stars on value) is our inability to have the bridal suite on the day of the wedding; despite reservations almost a year in advance. Had to get hair and make up done in two separate, very small and stuffy guest rooms and I was only able use the sanders suite after 1pm which put a serious cramp on things. The fee for that room was also astronomical and pretty unreasonable, especially when we only had the room for less than 17 hrs.
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
GLen Sanders did an amazing job with my wedding! I knew their reputation going in which put my mind at ease but they went above and beyond my expectations!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Glen sanders did such an amazing job with our wedding ceremony and reception. I have never met such professional staff. Maria and Frank in particular were so awesome to work with. Everyone there treats you like a million bucks and they take care of everything you could need. I am so happy we chose to have our wedding here. I couldn't have asked for more.
Wedding: 03/30/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at GSM is absolutely amazing, plus the venue is stunningly beautiful. We loved working with Maria throughout the entire planning process - she was honest, professional, and a true pleasure to talk to. She is extremely knowledgeable and will go the extra mile to ensure your wedding day is everything you've dreamed of. Our day-of manager was Frank - another wonderful person to work with! He took great care of all the setup details for our wedding day and everything was just as we had requested. We had both our ceremony and reception at GSM. Frank was always right there to guide us through the entire day and always had a big smile on his face making us feel right at home. There were tons of other GSM staff (banquet staff, bridal attendant, inn staff, etc.) who made our wedding weekend so special and we want to extend our deepest gratitude to you all. You will be overly thrilled and satisfied if you have a wedding at GSM!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Everything about our wedding was wonderful here. The grounds outside the mansion are beautiful as well as the lobby, the patio and the ballroom. There's a nice variety of locations for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception is really beautiful. The patio is a great space for cocktail, with lots of room and seating for those who need it as well. It's on the Mohawk River which is a beautiful touch. The back outdoor patio is beautiful as well as the wall of windows from the indoor patio overlooking the river.
In terms of the service, few do it as well as Angelo Mazzone. We had to plan our wedding from a distance, out-of-state but from the first appointment with Maria, to every meeting, and every means of correspondence through the entire wedding planning process, she was amazingly helpful and such a pleasure to work with. I never felt the need, and still do not feel like a wedding planner was necessary.
The Food was unbelievable. If you've ever eaten at any of the mazzone hospitality restaurants, have no fear even in mass quantities the food is just as delicious.. and the menu options are endless. The value is good as well.
I was a little nervous that the cake would not be as good as if we had gone to an outside bakery to have it done but it was delicious and looked beautiful as well, the bakers do a wonderful job.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders Mansion and their staff absolutely blew me away. There is an amazing group of people that work there to make sure your wedding is absoutely perfect (Maria, Frank, Angelica, and Heather to name a few). They all succeeded in making my wedding day the best day of my life. Besides an incredible staff, the food was also plentiful and abosolutely delcicious. Our guests raved over everything. One guest was actually serious when he asked if he could take home a chafing dish of the calamari. It was the absolute best he ever had. The Retro Malt Shop was a HUGE hit at the end of the night. My husband and I are sad we didn't get to enjoy it. The facility is beautiful. Our wedding was actually during the Christmas season which made it even more beautiful. The Christmas decorations were stunning. They really added a nice touch to the reception and made my pictures beautiful. I can't say enough about the Glen Sanders Mansion. They exceeded my every expectation and made my wedding reception so memorable. I would highly recommend them to anyone. You will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 12/01/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Glen Sanders exceeded all expectations. Working with Maria was beyond words, she is amazing and she puts everything in order for you in a way that avoids any confusion! Any time we were confused or frustrated we would walk into Glen Sanders and all the nerves would settle. We had a beyond amazing wedding and I could not say more to thank Glen Sanders and all of the staff that worked with us! Thank you for giving us the wedding of our dreams :)
Wedding: 09/28/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anonymous 7 Reviews
Glen Sanders far exceeded our expectations. The food was great, the venue was beautiful, and the service was among the best we have ever had. Maria, Jill, Frank, and Brooke were amazing and such a pleasure to work with. It has been two weeks since we got married and we are still getting calls about how beautiful everything was, and how wonderful the service was.
Wedding: 07/28/2012
 518-688-2138
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire