Glen Sanders Mansion

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
After months of trying to find the right place, we decided to work with the folks at the Glen Sanders mansion in Scotia. It was not a mistake. The planner was awesome and the banquet manager Adrian was phenomenal. They did a fantastic job and we cannot thank them enough for the great work they did. Thank you Angelo for having such great professional service!
Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding weekend at Glen Sanders Mansion. From the first meeting with Maria we knew this would be the perfect place for our wedding. It was such a pleasure to work with Maria and her team leading up to the wedding -- she promptly responded to any questions I had and was able to accommodate all of my requests. She really gets to know you as a couple and provides great input and feedback while planning all details. We trusted her immediately and knew she would be sure to make our day perfect.

We had our rehearsal dinner at the mansion as well and is where we were first introduced to Amanda and Maki. I cannot say enough about how amazing they are. They attended to our every need -- not just us but our bridal party and families too! They were there with what we needed even before we knew we needed it. From the rehearsal dinner to the post wedding breakfast, they provided impeccable service and my bridal party and parents cannot stop talking about how amazing they are -- neither can we!

All of our guests tell us how amazing the wedding was -- from the service to the food -- they were all so impressed and loved every minute of it. Generous portions, amazing food and top notch service from all staff members. We cannot thank Maria, Maki and Amanda enough for the most perfect,stress free wedding. We would recommend Glen Sanders Mansion to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding at a beautiful venue and work with the best team around!

THANK YOU!
Wedding: 10/03/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thanks to glen sanders mansion for my beautiful wedding! Everyone was soo impressed with everything!! The venue was perfect. Thanks everyone for was a huge help!! Wish the night never ended!!
Wedding: 09/19/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Private User 10 Reviews
From the beginning the most important things to my husband and I were the food, the bar, and hospitality. We needed to look no further than Glen Sanders Mansion and the Mazzone team.

Maria welcomed us with open arms and showed us all the reasons to love Glen Sanders including the amazing cocktail hour space and outdoor patio (Outdoor space was very important to us for our August wedding). Throughout the wedding planning process Maria walked us through all of the options, made valuable suggestions pertaining not only to the reception but the whole wedding day, and was instrumental in creating our wedding. From the moment I met Amanda, our banquet manager, I was completely at ease. I knew she had everything under control! Maria, Amanda, and the rest of the Glen Sanders team created an amazing evening for us and our guests including a Yankee dessert surprise that surpassed my wildest dreams. No detail was overlooked. The food was amazing and the service unmatchable- our glasses never empty and our plates always full!

My husband and I, as well as our families were able to enjoy our wedding as guests knowing that Maria, Amanda, and Maki had taken care of everything. Thank you to all of you!
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders Mansion went above and beyond to make our day beyond perfect. I never could have imagined all they would do for us. From the small details like providing me with an unlimited amount of scallops to letting us add an extra hour of dancing in the ballroom and bar, they could not have impressed me more. The care we were given from both Amanda and Cailtin was great. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! Everyone loved it and loved the Retro Malt Shop even more. Maria has got to be one of the nicest, caring, helpful and best wedding planner I know. She just went all out for us and I couldn't have been more happy to work with her. I want to get married there every weekend! Our family and friends said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and we owe that to the Glen Sanders Mansion! Thank you a million times.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders Mansion was the perfect place to host a wedding if you want to feel special on your special day. From the first day we met with Maria, we knew that our wedding was going to be the most perfect day. Myself and my family have been to events at the GSM before, but our event was by far the best. The service was great, the food was amazing, and our vision was carried out to the max. Maria and her staff, especially our banquet manager, Amanda, made things go so smoothly for us. I wouldn't recommend any other place for a wedding.
Wedding: 06/27/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Lisa 2 Reviews
Glen Sanders Mansion is a wonderful place to get married. We had both our outdoor ceremony and reception there, and luckily for us, it was the most gorgeous June day! We had a Sunday afternoon wedding, so we were the only wedding there that day, which I loved. There was no rush either before or after the wedding. Maria was a GEM to work with. She has been there for a very long time, knows exactly what's going on, was honest, sincere, and a real asset to our wedding planning process. We live out of town, so I was planning most of the wedding from far away, and she was very responsive to every phone call, question, concern, and change that I had throughout the process. She gave her honest professional opinion on what would and would not work, and was flexible with many of the changes we made as it got closer to the wedding date. The food on our wedding day was incredible - all of our guests are still talking about how delicious the meal was! The location itself is well kept, well managed, and in great condition - the maintenance staff really keeps it looking great. This place runs like clockwork yet we were able to personalize it however we wanted. The staff the day of the wedding was responsive and on top of everything, and they just really know what they're doing. All in all, we were immensely pleased at the entire process.
Wedding: 06/22/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
Glen Sanders as well as the entire staff was absolutely fantastic! The food was amazing, the service was impeccable and the mansion was gorgeous. So many of our guests have come to us to tell us it is one of the best weddings they've been to. Glen Sanders and the staff made our day very special and I highly, highly recommend them for any special event.
Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had never stepped foot into Glen Sanders Mansion before but when my husband and I first walked in there, I fell in love. From the gazebo to the river to the ballroom to the bar downstairs...we loved every detail! The food was phenomenal and the staff are amazing!
I want to replay the entire wedding and I would absolutely book Glen Sanders again.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We held our wedding ceremony on the patio outside at Glen Sanders Mansion, near the water fountain and fire pit. Originally, we had hoped to have the ceremony at the gazebo closer to the river, but since our wedding was early in the season, it was still too muddy. Turns out we liked the patio even better and the weather was perfect! The patio location was also better for accomodating our elderly guests that could not navigate all of the stairs.

We worked with both Suzy and Maki. They were both great in being responsive to our needs. The food was delicious, the cake was perfect, and everything was set up exactly as we had hoped. Both Suzy and Maki were attentive the day of the wedding, including accomodating our request for water, champagne glasses, and working with us on ensuring every detail was perfect.

Our wedding was small (about 25 people) and we had a dinner reception in the wine room at the restaurant. It was beautiful (and much prettier than it looked in the pictures).

The bartender downstairs was also fantastic and very flexible. After our dinner, the informal after party was in the bar and Ryan accomodated us by allowing us to take over the music and most of the tables. He was very friendly and stayed late to ensure we had a great time.

A beautiful location for a wedding!

-Dan & Josh Pasquarelli
Wedding: 04/19/2014

Jessica 3 Reviews
My husband and I had the most FABULOUS wedding at the Glen Sanders Mansion on April 12, 2014. Maria DeMartino and Amanda Huff were two of the most nicest, amazing, and most accommodating people to work with. Maria had my husband and I hooked after our first tour of the mansion a year prior to our wedding. If we could have gotten married the day after our tour, we would have! That is how wonderful she is. Maria did not bat an eye to any request we had. My husband and I had an ethnic wedding (he is Pakistani, I am Puerto Rican). To accommodate our guests, we asked Maria if offering a few ethnic dishes during cocktail hour was possible. Of course she said "no problem!" She even went that extra mile to include ethnic rice dishes-family style, for our guests during dinner! She set us up with a meeting with chef, Jamie Ortiz, who took our ideas and created the most delicious cultural dishes we could have asked for. Amanda took over during our wedding day and ensured everything ran smoothly. She catered to our every need and was very pleasant the entire time. Also making my husband and I wedding day extra special was our personal attendant, Maki (spelling may be off), she was exceptional! My MOH and BM were having a little difficulty bustling my dress and she stepped right in and assisted with the bustling. It came out perfect!! For a bride looking to have a fairy tale wedding, choose the Glen Sanders Mansion. Maria, Amy, chef Jamie Ortiz, and the rest of the wonderful Glen Sanders staff will far exceed your expectations!
Wedding: 04/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders made our day absolutely perfect! We did not worry about a thing and they went out of their way to make sure of it! They made planning easy, and stress free and never said no!
Wedding: 12/31/2013

Peter 2 Reviews
We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Glen Sanders. The staff was accommodating and flexible during the planning stages and was professional and organized on the day of our wedding. The venue itself was beautiful. The staff was attentive and friendly. In particular, Maria, Amanda and Maki went out of their way to make sure that our wedding was everything we hoped it would be. They seemed genuinely excited about our wedding and had enthusiastic positive attitudes throughout the entire experience. The food was absolutely delicious. Our friends and family all raved about the venue, food, and service. The cost was very reasonable.
Wedding: 12/30/2013

Stella 4 Reviews
Thank you for making our night run so smoothly! It was truly magical!
Wedding: 12/14/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Awesome customer service and value. These people go above and beyond and treat you like a star for the day!

Rebecca 2 Reviews
Glen Sanders created such an amazing atmosphere for our wedding! Not once did I worry about anything before, during, or after the wedding! Thank you so much for making everything so easy to accomplish and taking all of the stress and worry out of our amazing day! We could not have asked for more!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
 518-688-2138
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire