Glen Sanders Mansion

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders Mansion went above and beyond to make our day beyond perfect. I never could have imagined all they would do for us. From the small details like providing me with an unlimited amount of scallops to letting us add an extra hour of dancing in the ballroom and bar, they could not have impressed me more. The care we were given from both Amanda and Cailtin was great. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! Everyone loved it and loved the Retro Malt Shop even more. Maria has got to be one of the nicest, caring, helpful and best wedding planner I know. She just went all out for us and I couldn't have been more happy to work with her. I want to get married there every weekend! Our family and friends said it was the best wedding they've ever been to and we owe that to the Glen Sanders Mansion! Thank you a million times.
Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders Mansion was the perfect place to host a wedding if you want to feel special on your special day. From the first day we met with Maria, we knew that our wedding was going to be the most perfect day. Myself and my family have been to events at the GSM before, but our event was by far the best. The service was great, the food was amazing, and our vision was carried out to the max. Maria and her staff, especially our banquet manager, Amanda, made things go so smoothly for us. I wouldn't recommend any other place for a wedding.
Wedding: 06/27/2014
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Lisa 2 Reviews
Glen Sanders Mansion is a wonderful place to get married. We had both our outdoor ceremony and reception there, and luckily for us, it was the most gorgeous June day! We had a Sunday afternoon wedding, so we were the only wedding there that day, which I loved. There was no rush either before or after the wedding. Maria was a GEM to work with. She has been there for a very long time, knows exactly what's going on, was honest, sincere, and a real asset to our wedding planning process. We live out of town, so I was planning most of the wedding from far away, and she was very responsive to every phone call, question, concern, and change that I had throughout the process. She gave her honest professional opinion on what would and would not work, and was flexible with many of the changes we made as it got closer to the wedding date. The food on our wedding day was incredible - all of our guests are still talking about how delicious the meal was! The location itself is well kept, well managed, and in great condition - the maintenance staff really keeps it looking great. This place runs like clockwork yet we were able to personalize it however we wanted. The staff the day of the wedding was responsive and on top of everything, and they just really know what they're doing. All in all, we were immensely pleased at the entire process.
Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had never stepped foot into Glen Sanders Mansion before but when my husband and I first walked in there, I fell in love. From the gazebo to the river to the ballroom to the bar downstairs...we loved every detail! The food was phenomenal and the staff are amazing!
I want to replay the entire wedding and I would absolutely book Glen Sanders again.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We held our wedding ceremony on the patio outside at Glen Sanders Mansion, near the water fountain and fire pit. Originally, we had hoped to have the ceremony at the gazebo closer to the river, but since our wedding was early in the season, it was still too muddy. Turns out we liked the patio even better and the weather was perfect! The patio location was also better for accomodating our elderly guests that could not navigate all of the stairs.

We worked with both Suzy and Maki. They were both great in being responsive to our needs. The food was delicious, the cake was perfect, and everything was set up exactly as we had hoped. Both Suzy and Maki were attentive the day of the wedding, including accomodating our request for water, champagne glasses, and working with us on ensuring every detail was perfect.

Our wedding was small (about 25 people) and we had a dinner reception in the wine room at the restaurant. It was beautiful (and much prettier than it looked in the pictures).

The bartender downstairs was also fantastic and very flexible. After our dinner, the informal after party was in the bar and Ryan accomodated us by allowing us to take over the music and most of the tables. He was very friendly and stayed late to ensure we had a great time.

A beautiful location for a wedding!

-Dan & Josh Pasquarelli
Wedding: 04/19/2014

Jessica 3 Reviews
My husband and I had the most FABULOUS wedding at the Glen Sanders Mansion on April 12, 2014. Maria DeMartino and Amanda Huff were two of the most nicest, amazing, and most accommodating people to work with. Maria had my husband and I hooked after our first tour of the mansion a year prior to our wedding. If we could have gotten married the day after our tour, we would have! That is how wonderful she is. Maria did not bat an eye to any request we had. My husband and I had an ethnic wedding (he is Pakistani, I am Puerto Rican). To accommodate our guests, we asked Maria if offering a few ethnic dishes during cocktail hour was possible. Of course she said "no problem!" She even went that extra mile to include ethnic rice dishes-family style, for our guests during dinner! She set us up with a meeting with chef, Jamie Ortiz, who took our ideas and created the most delicious cultural dishes we could have asked for. Amanda took over during our wedding day and ensured everything ran smoothly. She catered to our every need and was very pleasant the entire time. Also making my husband and I wedding day extra special was our personal attendant, Maki (spelling may be off), she was exceptional! My MOH and BM were having a little difficulty bustling my dress and she stepped right in and assisted with the bustling. It came out perfect!! For a bride looking to have a fairy tale wedding, choose the Glen Sanders Mansion. Maria, Amy, chef Jamie Ortiz, and the rest of the wonderful Glen Sanders staff will far exceed your expectations!
Wedding: 04/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Glen Sanders made our day absolutely perfect! We did not worry about a thing and they went out of their way to make sure of it! They made planning easy, and stress free and never said no!
Wedding: 12/31/2013

Peter 2 Reviews
We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Glen Sanders. The staff was accommodating and flexible during the planning stages and was professional and organized on the day of our wedding. The venue itself was beautiful. The staff was attentive and friendly. In particular, Maria, Amanda and Maki went out of their way to make sure that our wedding was everything we hoped it would be. They seemed genuinely excited about our wedding and had enthusiastic positive attitudes throughout the entire experience. The food was absolutely delicious. Our friends and family all raved about the venue, food, and service. The cost was very reasonable.
Wedding: 12/30/2013

Stella 4 Reviews
Thank you for making our night run so smoothly! It was truly magical!
Wedding: 12/14/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
Awesome customer service and value. These people go above and beyond and treat you like a star for the day!
Wedding: Recently Married

Rebecca 2 Reviews
Glen Sanders created such an amazing atmosphere for our wedding! Not once did I worry about anything before, during, or after the wedding! Thank you so much for making everything so easy to accomplish and taking all of the stress and worry out of our amazing day! We could not have asked for more!
Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had heard great things prior to looking at Glen Sanders but I knew they were going to be our venue when we pulled in the parking lot. Maria DeMartino was simply amazing and walked us through every step of planning our ceremony and reception. Once our wedding weekend approached, we were introduced to our banquet manager, Amanda. She was also amazing and was on point with every detail. She put us at ease and walked us through every step. We didn't have to worry about a thing!! Maki, my bridal attendant was also extremely helpful and was there every step of the day too. We knew we were going to love Glen Sanders but they exceeded my expectations.
Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at the Glen Sanders this past weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! The staff is amazing, the food was fabulous and overall perfect! Could not have asked for a better wedding!
Wedding: 09/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were married on June 23, 2013 at the Glen Sanders Mansion. All the staff we dealt with were professional, and took care of our every need. The food was excellent, and we believe our package was a great value. The attention to detail that they exhibited greatly reduced our stress levels on what would otherwise have been a very stressful day -- they really have wedding organization down to a science.
Wedding: 06/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding guests all agree, as do we, that our wedding reception was the best they ever attended, thanks in no small part to the amazing professionals at Glen Sanders Mansion. The food was abundant and beyond delicious, the service second to none, and from the stunning patios to the beautiful ballroom, and cozy Maquas Lounge, it gave us everything needed to make our wedding spectacular. Special shout-outs to Maria, Frank, Nancy and Maki along with everyone at Mazzone Hospitality – you are pros extraodinaire and hands down - the absolute best!!

John and Allison
Wedding – June 8, 2013
Wedding: 06/08/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Glen Sanders Mansion is like no other. My husband and I met with many other venues prior to selecting GSM and we could not have been more pleased with our decision. First and foremost, Maria DeMartino who is event coordinator is probably the most helpful, flexible, practical, and no-nonsense woman I have ever met. my wedding would not have been as wonderful without her. She also made it seem like me and my family were her only clients. She accommodated me like no other venue would; from table linens to culturally appropriate appetizers. She went out of her way to ask the chef for a few appetizers from my parents' culture - I sent her a few recipes and they turned out fantastic - in fact better than I ever had. She goes out of her way to make sure her brides and grooms are TAKEN CARE of like royalty that day. I don't think I've ever felt so welcome and pampered; she makes sure that you have enough food to eat, time to yourselves, and that you are able to sit back to enjoy your own wedding. Maria made sure we really got a bang for our buck.
The food - oh my! So many compliments from guests even after the wedding. They definitely make sure everyone is well fed and that no one leaves the wedding hungry, particularly the bride and groom.
Value is unmatched. The wedding day staff were respectful, always had a smile on their faces, and took excellent care of my guests.

The only negative comment (and the only reason for 4/5 stars on value) is our inability to have the bridal suite on the day of the wedding; despite reservations almost a year in advance. Had to get hair and make up done in two separate, very small and stuffy guest rooms and I was only able use the sanders suite after 1pm which put a serious cramp on things. The fee for that room was also astronomical and pretty unreasonable, especially when we only had the room for less than 17 hrs.
Wedding: 05/26/2013
 518-688-2138
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire