All About You Bridal & Formal Wear

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
For me, shopping for my wedding dress was all about experience. My mother and I appreciated everything about our experience with All About You Bridal and Formal Wear. I had been shopping before in packed bridal shops and with pushy sales women, but not here! It was so enjoyable getting to know the ladies at the shop and I can't wait to pick up my dream dress in six months! Make your appointment with Joan! You won't be disappointed.
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My name is Tonya and I live in Flint Township. I was really excited to see that my Bridal Shop "All About You Bridal & Formal Wear" are listed vendors on WeddingWire.com. I am getting married October 6, 2012. I could not rest right if I did not post my own personal review. I began looking for my wedding gown in March. I went to "All About You" in March. I was a bit nervous because I had been to one other well known bridal store in my area and was not happy with the quality of service. (The other store had many employees working but it took well over 25 minutes past my appointment time and no one really seemed to see a problem with it. As a bride, I felt like I was just another customer as if that wasn't enough, the styles of dresses I expressed to them were not anything like the dresses they styles they were having me try on. It seemed like they were trying to force me to buy a dress. I did not enjoy my visit or appointment at "THE OTHER WELL KNOWN STORE". But as I was saying, I went to "All About You" in March and as I walked up to the store, I saw the most Stunning and Eye Catching Wedding Gown I had Ever Seen! I was greeted immediately by Jo, who happens to be the Owner and then another employee, Gertie, and then another....Connie. This may sound crazy...but it was so funny because everyone had such a energetic and happy spirit. I have never seen such a thing especially after being at a much larger store a few days prior. I immediately told the Owner, Jo that I wanted to try the dress in the window on and without questions, they took the Stunning Dress off the manican. The Dress is a David Tetura, Alliyah dress and she informed me that it was new on David Tetura's 2012 line and she just brought it back from one of his shows just a week prior! I told them I did not want to look at the price, I only wanted to put the dress on and take it from there.....(ALL I CAN SAY IS THERE WAS ALOT OF KLEENEX BEING PASSED AROUND!!!!) FOR THE FIRST TIME WAS FEELING LIKE A BRIDE. The dress is MINE!!!!!!!!! The experience and treatment those ladies gave me was beyond the call of duty. My entire Bridal Party including all the men in our wedding are also getting their attire from "All About You". The quality of service and the way they make you feel is like you're apart of their family and they do not take all day. My fiance wasn't excited about going to view their tuxedos for himself and all of his guys, but once we got to "All About You", he said it was cool and glad he went because "All About You" has the largest catalog of tuxedo rentals that he and I have ever seen. They have litterally hundreds of tuxedos to choose from in all types of designer styles. They have far more tuxedos to rent than the local tuxedo rental places and their rental prices are way cheap and unbelievable. It was great being able to coordinate all the dresses and tuxedos with one store who knows exactly how to coordinate everyone so we look good. Even the flowergirls and ring bearers. And let me not forget to mention, they give great discounts for everyone in the wedding party. I am going to miss going into the Bridal Store once October 6th has come and gone because the ladies at the store are truly awesome and have personally made me feel like a TRUE BRIDE and made me feel like their family. If you have never been to All About You Bridal & Formal Wear, it is a must!!! And let me not forget my "Little Lady" The lady responsible for alterations. (She tied my corset soooo good I looked like a new hour glass) Thank You to all of you and you too Gina!!! You guys have made me that much more of a happier bride! And I wish you much success Jo because your store deserves it!!!!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I can't really say the vendor provided any dress service for my daughter-who had the contract with them-,considering they took the $500.00 deposit and we received nothing but excuses and empty promises. We waited well over the delivery date of 8 weeks for the wedding dress, more like 20 plus. They said the dress was being shipped already ,only to find out through a Facebook message that the shop was closing just days after she spoke with them! With just 3 weeks left before her wedding we went to Alessandra's Bridal in Warren, where they had the dress in there possession within days. We went in and had it fitted in the morning, and ready to be picked up that very day,2 weeks before the wedding ! I can't say enough good things about Alessandra's . They saved the day. My daughter has yet to receive her deposit back from "All About You Bridal,"which is a VERY odd name, since the bride is the last thing this shop was about. They are still waiting to receive the certified check for the $500.00 as promised.
Wedding: 10/05/2012
0.1/5.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
They scammed me! The whole "Hawaiian Getaway" lure is a complete rip off! I came in, felt pressured to buy a dress that minute for fear of not receiving the supposed Hawaiian getaway honeymoon package and bought a dress which I love, but never would've spent that much money on. Anyway, once we got everything mailed back to us from the Hawaiian Getaway vendors, we discovered that the "Buy one get one free airfare" was a scam. The price of the "1" ticket was actually the price of two normal tickets to Hawaii! Since I had already went way over my original budget to buy the wedding dress (which I had to pay in full that day), we couldn't afford a Hawaiian honeymoon =( .
Wedding: 09/15/2012

Private User 1 Reviews
I went to all about you for my bridesmaid and flower girls dress's! We ordered our dress on april 30 and were told that they would be in on Aug. 6th! I then called back two weeks later to order my flower girls dress's. I simply wanted them to be the oppiosite color of my bridesmaid dress's! When they came in they were the wrong color, they were to be choc. brown and came back a tan color. Well that was our first issue...Aug 6th comes around still no dress's. I was then told Aug 13th...well AUG 13TH came and went still no dress's!!!! Finally on Aug 23rd....the dress's came in!! You will never guess what she forgot to order one of my girls dress's!! So now 23 days before my wedding I am in the rush of all rushes to get this problem fixed!!! She also did not act like the owner of a business when dealing with me!! She blamed it on everyone but herself and was no help in fixing the problem!!!! I would never ever send anyone there!!!!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I would not advise a single person to visit this store. I have had the worst experience with almost every aspect here. Not only did it take 4 months to receive 8 bridesmaid dresses but they CAME IN THE WRONG COLOR!! And I did not get them until 2 weeks before my wedding. Obviously too late to order new dresses I had to completely change the color of my wedding... Tuxes, centerpieces, wedding dress sash, bubbles, accessories.. the list goes on. Every girl in the wedding party was measured for their dresses... not a single one dress fit a girl. And I do not mean they were a little long... every thing had to be fixed; from the straps to the waist to the length. When confronting the owner she was very rude and preceded to tell me that the color she ordered was in fact the color I wanted ( I’m pretty sure there is an obvious difference between blue and green) and spoke to me in a way a business owner should ever speak to a client. So pretty much she played a large part in making this day way more stressful and less happy for everyone involved. That’s not really what you want from a wedding boutique store.
Wedding: 08/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
All About You Bridal is amazing!! I purchased my wedding gown from them for my wedding and they have been absolutely amazing to work with. Jo was able to pick out gowns that fit my body type after looking at me once, and the one that she picked out fit me perfectly!! She is definitely talented at what she does. Even though I LOVED the dress, she was patient enough to help me try on a ton of other dresses, just to make sure I had the right one. All in all an absolutely amazing experience. All of the employees are super sweet and have really made my experience enjoyable. I am always excited to go to the shop for fittings and the like, not only because I am excited to try on my gorgeous dress but because I love to chat with the ladies in the store!! Love love love them and have been recommending them to everyone!!
Wedding: 07/14/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Kacie 6 Reviews
The owner of this little store really knows what she is doing. I got everything picked out (even the mother of the bride dress) and fell in love with everything in just a couple hours. It was my one and only stop and had my dress picked out by number 4. This place is 1,000 times better than any other bridal shop O have had to deal with.
Wedding: 11/26/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I bought my dress here - I had a nontraditional wedding and they helped me find a nontraditional wedding dress! I ended up going with a red bridesmaids dress as my wedding gown and they even let me take a sample of the fabric to match my shoes. When I bought a jacket to go over the dress, they let me come and try on the sample AGAIN with the jacket. The dress was less than $200, but they treated me just a like a bride that was buying a $2000 dress. I would highly recommend them for their selection of gowns and their friendly service1
Wedding: 11/11/2011

Private User 5 Reviews
I can not say enough about All About You Bridal. This is a family owned business with people who really care about finding brides their perfect dress.
After 13 shops in one weekend (I know I was crazy), I came to this shopped already frustrated. The ladies helped to calm my fears and found me the perfect dress. I think they cried before me or my mom did.
I would recommend this shop to any bride (even if you aren't from MI) as a place to find your dress.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
My bridesmaids purchased their dresses through All About You. I was very pleased with the dresses, they looked great on all of my girls, and were affordable as well. They cost pretty much the same as other dresses we had been looking at, but these came with the added wrap (a must for an outdoor wedding in October). I felt that the quality of the dresses was excellent, and I would definitely purchase them again.

I did run into a couple of minor issues during the process of getting the dresses that left something to be desired. First off, on our first trip to the store, we were also looking at dresses for my mother, and we found 1 dress that she liked, but it was in a color that clashed with my wedding colors and they were unable to order it in a different color. The consultant I was working with seemed to try to push that sale, telling my mother that it did not matter what color she wore and that it wasn't up to me, and that she should purchase the dress anyway. I felt that the situation was handled poorly.

Secondly, the dresses came in 6 weeks earlier than we were told, and my bridesmaids were told that they had a very short amount of time to come pay the balance and pick them up. This was an issue for a couple of my girls who had not planned on needing the money for the balance for 6 more weeks. I ended up having to lend them the money, since the store wouldn't extend the deadline to pay the balance and pick up the dress to something closer to the date we were originally given.

Wedding: 10/01/2011
 810-771-7559
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire