Michael Simon Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our entire wedding day, my groom and I kept saying Michael was worth every penny. We met with several photographers and knew from the moment we met him that he just got us. He has a calm demeanor, which was important knowing we were going to spend the entire wedding day together. We wanted someone that didn’t just take portrait/posey pictures but had a photojournalistic style.

He had never shot at our venue before and met with us the week before to scope out the church/reception space. He also helped review our timeline to make sure we were allowing enough time to ensure he captured what we wanted.

The day of he was on time and prepared. His assistant was also fantastic and so nice. He was the perfect blend of the calm demeanor we wanted on a hectic day, but also assertive enough to direct a large group of people and keep the family photos moving.

A week after the wedding we received a sneak peak of about 15 pictures. We then received the rest of the shots exactly 6 weeks after the wedding. hey were incredible. He captured some really great moments with a really artistic style.

I couldn't be happier and would book him all over again if I had the choice!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Richmond, VA 23227

Honest, diligent, visually talented.

After graduating from The Savannah College of Art and Design with a degree in Fine Arts (Photography) in 1999, I moved to New York City to be a photojournalist. Since then I have worked for The Newark Star Ledger, The Baltimore Sun, and The New York Times, among others. I photographed my first wedding in 2003. In 2014 my wife and I moved our family to Richmond, Va.

Wedding photography allows me to document and be a part of one amazing day in the life of two people. It allows me to work directly with the clients and experience their excitement. I would love to speak with you about photographing your wedding.

My photography style is natural and organic. There will be no awkward posing or table shots. I will not instruct the couple to kiss each other again "and this time with more fire!" I want to work with you to achieve a photo document that will let you relive your wedding day every time you look at it, from the carefully chosen details to the overwhelming emotions to the presence and support of friends and family.

This is your day, and these are your photos. When you receive your photos on flash drive, they are yours to share online or reprint in any quantity or size forever.

I am available to photograph weddings in Virginia, New York, and worldwide.

+/- read less
Details
Categories: Photography
Event Types: Anniversaries, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Quinceaneras
Established: 2003
Accepts: Cash, Check
Michael Simon Photography is a wedding photographer from Richmond, Va. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Charlottesville , Urbanna, and Irvington. Michael Simon Photography is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the NYC wedding industry for 10 years. We specialize in wedding photography