J
Savvy November 2018

Wedding invitation help!!

Jade, on August 17, 2018 at 6:09 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved Save
I am making our invitation myself, but I am unsure of how to put when someone gets a plus one! We're doing RSVPs online so theres no card for that, and I am not doing an inner envelope. I was thinking of writing it directly on the envelope on ththe mailing address like "name name And guest" but feels that might look weird. Also because there are some families where they will only get one invitation but two of the people will get a plus one! I thought maybe wait until they RSVP on the website and they will see under their name they get a plus one?? I dont know what to do! Please help!

7 Comments

• M
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    melissa ·
    • Flag
    U can't add some where to notify by such and such of how many total on their party?
  • M
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    melissa ·
    • Flag
    Most people just assume they can bring a date..
  • J
    Savvy November 2018
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is seen as rude to just assume you can bring a date. Some people get plus ones, others can not.
  • Amy
    Devoted July 2018
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Just put "Jane Doe and Guest" on the envelope and put up to 2 people that they are able to RSVP for. For the families, it may seem wasteful to send more than one invite to the same address, but if there are for instance adult children still living at home, they should be getting their own separate invite, where again you can say "John Smith and Guest", then the others to the same address could read "Mr and Mrs Smith" and "Mary Smith and Guest".

You could also still do an insert card in the envelope, my friend had online only RSVPs but included a card with the invite that read:

_2_ seats have been reserved in your honor

Please visit our website at *insert website*

to RSVP by June 1st

• Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

What's an example of a situation where multiple people on one invitation will get a plus one? If you're referring to adult children living at home who you want to give dates to, they should get a separate invitation even if they're under the same roof. Can you clarify so I can help answer the question more thoroughly? Also, you can definitely write "Name and Guest" on the mailing envelope if you don't have an inner envelope.

• Alyson
    Beginner October 2019
    Alyson ·
    • Flag
    You can also word it on an RSVP as "___ seats have been reserved for you. Number of guests attending __". Then you fill in the number for each in the first space and they fill out the second space. I did this for mine as we are not invited kids, so for families of 4 it would be "2 seats have been reserved for you". This way they know the max amount of people. And if they can't find a plus one they note that as well with needing 1 of 2 seats. Hope that helps.
  • C
    Master July 2018
    Cuoghi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yep. This is what you do for formal invites.

Comment on this discussion