Yoice
Rockstar March 2019

Kids at reception

Yoice, on January 10, 2019 at 7:33 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Saved Save
I’m running into a little problem with this subject. We are having a DW and I originally anticipated to have a flower girl and ring bearer. My flower girl is not longer going and everyone else that has kids would be traveling without them which I’m happy about since they’re mostly newborns. So my ring bearer boy is only 2 and would be alone at the reception. He’s on the shy side and I want to make sure his parents also have fun at the wedding.
What can I do to make sure he’s entertain during reception?

5 Comments

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    I've put together a wedding activity book, some coloring books and maybe doing a goodie bag with dollar store toys.
    FH likes the idea of gdisposable cameras and telling the kids to take pictures of people lol
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I would ask the parents if they have any suggestions of things that he might enjoy. They may bring him a tablet or let him play games on their phone during the reception. As a PP said, you could also put together a coloring book for him or give him an activity like decorating his own cupcake.

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    I really don’t think that this is something that you have to worry about. We had one baby, my little one-year-old Flower girl, and adults took turns visiting her/playing with her / holding her/dancing with her. She had a blast and her parents had some freedom
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

The only kids at our wedding will be the 3 ring bearers (no little girls in the family so no flower girl) who will be 7(his nephew), 7 , and 2(my nephews). While the 7 year olds will mostly be entertaining themselves we are hiring a sitter for the 2 year old (and the 7 year olds if they get tired or need anything). Knowing my brother and sister-in-law, I don't want them disappearing and my parents feeling obligated to watch the boys. We have a second small room across the hall from the reception that we are going to set them up in with a small projector and movie/activities.

• Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice Online ·
    • Flag
    Thank you for the recommendation ladies!

Comment on this discussion