Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

84 Reviews for Yamaguchi Nursery

Clean Up (1)
Event Design (1)
Flower Girl Baskets (1)
84 Yamaguchi Nursery Reviews

Susie did the florals for my daughter's wedding this past weekend and they were stunning. She was easy to work with and very friendly. She is well known in the community and has a solid reputation. Her staff were so great on wedding day. When they came to place the flowers on the arch they were afraid to do so because it was warm so they came back closer to ceremony time to place them so that they would not wilt. Everyone commented on the centerpieces and the bridal party flowers and the bride's bouquet of peonies were gorgeous. You can see photos on instagram/FB @JenniferEvent Management. Thank you again Susie. Perfection!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/23/18, 1 Review
3.3

I have very mixed reviews for Yamaguchi Flowers. I fell in love with Susie. She was blunt straight to the point and very honest. Then I had my final consultation. Again, she was great. We made so many changes and added more things even last minute we added stuff.

Then the day of the wedding happened. They unfortunately over booked, and my wedding was affected. They argued with my planner about bringing the flowers and personals on time. My bouquet which was the most important thing to me did not look like my trial bouquet. It was suppose to be cascading. I even told them at the consultation to add more eucalyptus and make it cascade down. Also, i was suppose to have rose gold dipped leaves and they were sprayed gold. I was so disappointed in the flowers as well. There was yellow in my bouquet when their should not have been plus the flowers were not in the best condition.

I don't think this is a normal practice for them at all, but I really hope they don't overbook again. They can't really handle it and it's not fair to the brides and grooms they are spending the money.

-Vanessa and Chris

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We used Yamaguchi Nursery after having seen their work in a friend's wedding over the summer. We were planning our wedding from across the country (destination wedding), and while there were a couple of moments when we had to send follow up emails to ensure Yamaguchi Nursery got what we sent, the overall experience was fairly simple. Susie Yamaguchi made our floral arrangements, from bouquets to boutonnieres to ceremony decorations, exactly how I imagined they would be. The flowers looked fresh and beautiful, and they definitely popped in the photos. Everything was dropped off at the venue on time, and labelled so that our Day-Of Coordinator could hand them out without any hassle. Beautiful.

Profile Picture Alexandria, 2/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

WOW!!! Susie saved my wedding. My original florist couldn’t complete our order and I had to find a new florist 3 weeks before our wedding. I called around and nobody was available then I found Susie! I wasn’t able to come in for a meeting because I live in Utah, so we did everything by phone and email. I sent her some photos with a list of things we needed. She promptly got me a quote and she was VERY reasonable. My wedding day was October 15th 2017 at the Walnut Grove in Moorpark. Susie personally delivered my flowers and WOW!!! They were absolutely stunning. I had compliments on them the entire night. I’m so in love with everything she did. I will be forever grateful. We are using her again for my sisters wedding next year!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/15/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Susie's vision is amazing....I can't thank her enough for the beautiful job she did for my daughters wedding. All our guest complimented on how beautiful the flowers were. I will definitely be using her services again for my other daughters wedding next year!

Profile Picture SUSAN, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

WOW! Susie from Yamaguchi Nursery was absolutely amazing. She was so extremely helpful, accommodating, and knowledgable. She truly made our wedding day beautiful with her floral arrangements. The flowers were extraordinary. I told her what I envisioned and she made it a reality. Also, THE PRICES. We got SO MANY beautiful florals for an amazing price. I even found out after the wedding that there were florals in places that we didn't even pay for. Yamaguchi went above and beyond our expectations. Hiring them as our florist was probably one of the best decisions we made. Thank you so much, Susie and the Yamaguchi Nursery team! Everything was BEAUTIFUL!

Profile Picture Jill, 7/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Flower Crowns, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Yamaguchis did a WONDERFUL job with my wedding. When I visited the nursery to get a quote, I just described the general style I was thinking. Susie got up, said she'd be right back, and within five minutes she walked in with a bouquet that was EXACTLY what I was thinking. I also rented an arch from them that they decorated beautifully and then picked up at the end of the ceremony. And the prices cannot be beat! I am so glad I used Yamaguchis. Everything turned out perfect!

Profile Picture Karen, 7/9/17, 3 Reviews
4.1

Yamaguchi's Nursery (and Susie) was amazing to work with. I had received a couple recommendations for them, and I'm glad I did because I'm not sure I would have thought the nursery we kept passing as we went to the venue did amazing wedding flowers. Susie was able to accommodate my family's succulents and even handled me changing my mind on colors closer to the event. They had my budget in mind, and offered suggestions like using the flowers from the arch as the main piece on the head table. So nice not to get upsold. Bouquets were beautiful, boutonnieres were well done with the succulents, arch was great! They were also able to use the boxes my dad built for the wedding and even gave him recommendations for the sizes. Thank you Susie and team! You made me laugh and made my wedding look amazing - couldn't have asked for more.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

Yamaguchi Flowers is hands down the best florist I have seen and on top of that they have the most reasonable prices. We loved our sit down with Suzie, it was worth it just hearing her stories; she makes you feel like part of the family. My wife came in with a picture and Suzie was able to recreate the bouquet within a few minutes. Then she went to the back, added her personal touch and made it look better then the picture.

Photo for Yamaguchi Nursery Review - Ceremony Arrangement
Photo for Yamaguchi Nursery Review - Groom boutonniere
Photo for Yamaguchi Nursery Review - Bride Flower Arrangement
Photo for Yamaguchi Nursery Review - Groomsman boutonnieres
Photo for Yamaguchi Nursery Review - Ceremony Aisle Arrangement
Photo for Yamaguchi Nursery Review - Bridesmaid Bouquets
Profile Picture Garrett, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Flower Crowns, Flower Girl Baskets
3.4

Yamaguchis has done many weddings that I have been a part of. So of course, I wanted them to do my bouquets (as a friends mom offered to put together all of the centerpieces). At my venue's vendor night, they were there with the perfect bouquet full of peonies and roses, the colors were perfect. While I didn't want roses, he willingly swapped them out for tulips like I requested. Since the bridesmaids were in more vibrant dresses, he suggested their bouquets be lighter, and we opted for all white bouquets which looked beautiful. My bouquet was full of color, oranges, and coral (or so I had asked). Numerous times we had gone over what color I wanted the peonies in my bouquet to be (a coral, and I brought him fabric samples and pointed out many shades of what I wanted, as I saw it on things in his shop), I even sent him the picture of the bouquet from the vendor night that had the perfect colors. However, when they were delivered, my peonies were light purple. While it is something only the bride will notice, it was frustrating, as I knew this particular color or peony was available, since I had bought it the morning before. Furthermore, the corsages we bought ended up hot pink, which once again, were to be coral. In the end the flowers were still beautiful, and they make gorgeous bouquets and arrangements, the colors were just off.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Corsages, Consultations
4.3

The BEST flower shop there is. Our wedding planner recommended them since they knew we were working on a budget and Yamaguchi's delivered! We went big with high centerpieces, a decorated arch and gold manzanita trees down the aisle and they captured it perfectly and exceeded my expectations. I really appreciated Ron and how he heard what we wanted and then went back and made what we requested so we could see and it was always spot on and he was very flexible to work with you to make the perfect look. Very happy with all the flowers. The only note is that calling in is a little difficult at times since the woman answering the phone didn't always seem to understand what you were asking or be in the know, but that's small compared to what you get so super worth it and highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Shannon, 1/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

When we asked our venue, coordinator and hotel for florist recommendations, they all said Yamaguchi's. We knew we had to check it out. We met with Susie and had so much fun planning our ceremony and reception decor. She took all of my ideas and made them come to life right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. I know my wedding is going to look absolutely beautiful thanks to her and the best part is that it's very affordable! Don't let the far drive out to see her stop you from meeting with her!

Profile Picture Marissa, 11/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Flowers can be such a pain when you’re dealing with your wedding… and they can be AMAZINGLY expensive. Yamaguchi flowers, located just a little bit outside your LA comfort zone (in Santa Paula), is so worth it. A family owned and operated business, they absolutely know their stuff, will make you feel at home as soon as you step in to their shop, and will make you a bouquet while you wait to “pitch” you ideas for your wedding. And, very importantly, they can bring you your wishes at a price point that decimates even the downtown flower districts prices, AND deliver the flowers and set them up on the day without a trace. Like a magic trick. Pro Tip though… they’re a mom and pop shop for real, and the only way to get in touch with them is old school - on the phone. Call them, drive out, make a gorgeous date of it, and have dinner down the street near their place. We did, and it was one of the best wedding planning dates we had. Don’t miss them.

Profile Picture Ramon, 10/9/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

I Looooooove them! Flowers are gorgeous at wholesale prices. They aren't exactly on the way most places but without a doubt worth the trek!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Exceptional work!!!! Thank you so much for making my wedding look so beautiful and whimsical. I highly recommend using Yamaguchi nursery for any event. I worked with the lovely Susie and her super sweet brother. They spent so much time with me working on my vision and were so beyond patient. As a bride your ideas change over a year when planning a wedding and they really helped me execute my thoughts. One thing I was so impressed by was how honest they were with me. They were not trying to sell me on flowers I didn't need for the wedding and really helped me stay within my budget. I was referred to them by my rental company and am so grateful for that! Again, thank you so much for making my dreams come true and making my wedding look so magical.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

After getting quotes by 3 other florists for our wedding, I thought I was going to be making my own floral arrangements and bouquets the morning of. Then I was referred to Yamaguchi by several of my vendors. All I can say is... Thank You! I almost cried when I saw all our beautiful flowers on our wedding day (and it was 1/3 of the price of the other quotes I received). Okay, so I have to admit, every time we called to make an appointment or payment, the woman that answered the phone kinda scared me into thinking I made the wrong choice with Yamaguchi... I felt like she was yelling at me... but after my meetings with Suzy, and seeing the beauty of my flowers and FINAL BILL, I knew I could not have made better decision. You really can't go wrong, and but also can't be a bridal diva either.

Profile Picture Melody, 6/26/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

Yamaguchi's was such a find! My now husband and I were recommended to Yamaguchi's from the team at Spanish Hills Country Club and they were amazing!! Not only were all of our florals stunning, they were affordable and they LASTED throughout our warm June wedding day and beyond :) If you're looking for high quality florals at an affordable price, look no further than Yamaguchi's. 5 STARS!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/4/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

Susie was very helpful in brainstorming ideas for colors and arrangements, while also helping us stay within our budget. She went our of her way to travel to our venue in Santa Barbara, and make 3 separate drop-offs to reduce our stress on wedding day. Would highly recommend Yamaguchi's to anyone local!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

We do not live in CA, so planning a wedding there was a little stressful. I was worried about the flowers, since I would not see anything until the wedding day. Susie did send me pictures of centerpieces before I decided on them, which I thought was super helpful. Honestly, Yamaguchi's delivered! I sent Susie countless emails with pictures of my ideas and she told me what was doable and even gave me ideas and suggestions on alternative flowers we could use since we were on a budget. The flowers were beautiful! They did a wonderful job decorating the venue and I can honestly say I have no complaints whatsoever. You will not be sorry if you decide to go with them.

Profile Picture Rebeca, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Delivery, Set Up

They make beautiful flower arrangements with zero hassle!!!

Profile Picture Evan, 11/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Short and to the point: Ron is an excellent florist.
To elaborate: He has the experience, the creativity and the skill to bring your vision to life. This is not a cookie cutter catalog service, where you pick what you like from a picture and hope for the best. Ron schedules a consultation with you where you sit with him and look, smell, and touch the flowers you will have on your wedding day. He is an incredible value and I would hire him again in a heartbeat. I came to him on a recommendation from a co-worker, I used him and recommended him to a bridesmaid of mine who also booked him for her wedding in October. Believe me, you have found your florist!

Profile Picture User4031327, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

You cannot find a better deal on flowers. I would give 5 stars except there was a type of flower that was missing from my bouquet to make it different so I was really disappointed when they came, but they really worked with us on the budget and they were still pretty. They will give you beautiful flowers no matter what your price range is.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

I LOVED working with Ron and the entire Yamaguchi team. Ron spent so much time with me to ensure his flowers met my wedding vision. Ron will make samples and assist you in picking out the perfect flowers and design to meet your budget and look of the wedding. On top of producing great quality arrangements Ron is the nicest person. He was wonderful to work with and was there the day of the wedding to ensure everything was perfect. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous and Ron way exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Ron, Suzie and the entire Yamaguchi team!

Profile Picture Briana, 8/29/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our flowers turned out amazing! Susie and family did an exceptional job! She is so much fun to work with and really knows all about flowers.

Profile Picture User4831854, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

There are no words to describe how amazing Susie and Yamaguchi's really is! They made my dreams come true and my florals were even more beautiful and stunning than I could have EVER imagined! Extremely affordable and very easy to work with! My wedding was a week ago and many of my flowers are still alive!

Profile Picture User3887923, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews