Yamaguchi Nursery Reviews

Yamaguchi Nursery 5
Yamaguchi Nursery 6
Yamaguchi Nursery 7

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

Yamaguchi's provided all the florals for our wedding. From the moment we sat down with Susie we knew we were in good hands! During our initial consultation we gave her little details and color schemes that we wanted to work with and before we knew it she was creating an example of what she was imagining for my bridal bouquet and even centerpieces right in-front of us! Needless to say she left me speechless with what she was able to come up with in just the few minutes that we talked. They absolutely knocked it out of the park!

Matthew · Married on 08/11/2018

We wanted a very simple floral design for our wedding, and Ron at Yamaguchi's designed the perfect arrangements for our wedding. He has a keen sense of vision in floral design and we could not have been happier with the way our venue and bridal party looked after being decorated by the people at Yamaguchi's. Great value, great people, and the most beautiful arrangements in and around Ventura!

Robin · Married on 10/15/2017

WOW!!! Susie saved my wedding. My original florist couldn’t complete our order and I had to find a new florist 3 weeks before our wedding. I called around and nobody was available then I found Susie! I wasn’t able to come in for a meeting because I live in Utah, so we did everything by phone and email. I sent her some photos with a list of things we needed. She promptly got me a quote and she was VERY reasonable. My wedding day was October 15th 2017 at the Walnut Grove in Moorpark. Susie personally delivered my flowers and WOW!!! They were absolutely stunning. I had compliments on them the entire night. I’m so in love with everything she did. I will be forever grateful. We are using her again for my sisters wedding next year!

Yamaguchi Nursery 8
    Yamaguchi Nursery 14
    Yamaguchi Nursery 15
    Yamaguchi Nursery 16

SUSAN · Married on 09/30/2017

Susie's vision is amazing....I can't thank her enough for the beautiful job she did for my daughters wedding. All our guest complimented on how beautiful the flowers were. I will definitely be using her services again for my other daughters wedding next year!

Jill · Married on 07/29/2017

WOW! Susie from Yamaguchi Nursery was absolutely amazing. She was so extremely helpful, accommodating, and knowledgable. She truly made our wedding day beautiful with her floral arrangements. The flowers were extraordinary. I told her what I envisioned and she made it a reality. Also, THE PRICES. We got SO MANY beautiful florals for an amazing price. I even found out after the wedding that there were florals in places that we didn't even pay for. Yamaguchi went above and beyond our expectations. Hiring them as our florist was probably one of the best decisions we made. Thank you so much, Susie and the Yamaguchi Nursery team! Everything was BEAUTIFUL!

Garrett · Married on 05/27/2017

Yamaguchi Flowers is hands down the best florist I have seen and on top of that they have the most reasonable prices. We loved our sit down with Suzie, it was worth it just hearing her stories; she makes you feel like part of the family. My wife came in with a picture and Suzie was able to recreate the bouquet within a few minutes. Then she went to the back, added her personal touch and made it look better then the picture.

Yamaguchi Nursery 17
    Yamaguchi Nursery 23
    Yamaguchi Nursery 24
  • MMorrow

Moriah · Married on 04/22/2017

It's always nerve racking when you talk about a vision but are not sure how it will turn out in reality but Yamaguchi's created the most beautiful floral arrangements I ever could have dreamed of!!!! They were very accommodating when I needed to make changes and were very reasonably priced.
    I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a florist!!
    Moriah M.

When we asked our venue, coordinator and hotel for florist recommendations, they all said Yamaguchi's. We knew we had to check it out. We met with Susie and had so much fun planning our ceremony and reception decor. She took all of my ideas and made them come to life right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. I know my wedding is going to look absolutely beautiful thanks to her and the best part is that it's very affordable! Don't let the far drive out to see her stop you from meeting with her!

Ramon · Married on 10/09/2016

Flowers can be such a pain when you’re dealing with your wedding… and they can be AMAZINGLY expensive. Yamaguchi flowers, located just a little bit outside your LA comfort zone (in Santa Paula), is so worth it. A family owned and operated business, they absolutely know their stuff, will make you feel at home as soon as you step in to their shop, and will make you a bouquet while you wait to “pitch” you ideas for your wedding. And, very importantly, they can bring you your wishes at a price point that decimates even the downtown flower districts prices, AND deliver the flowers and set them up on the day without a trace. Like a magic trick. Pro Tip though… they’re a mom and pop shop for real, and the only way to get in touch with them is old school - on the phone. Call them, drive out, make a gorgeous date of it, and have dinner down the street near their place. We did, and it was one of the best wedding planning dates we had. Don’t miss them.

I Looooooove them! Flowers are gorgeous at wholesale prices. They aren't exactly on the way most places but without a doubt worth the trek!

Christina · Married on 06/04/2016

Yamaguchi's was such a find! My now husband and I were recommended to Yamaguchi's from the team at Spanish Hills Country Club and they were amazing!! Not only were all of our florals stunning, they were affordable and they LASTED throughout our warm June wedding day and beyond :) If you're looking for high quality florals at an affordable price, look no further than Yamaguchi's. 5 STARS!

Katie · Married on 04/30/2016

Susie was very helpful in brainstorming ideas for colors and arrangements, while also helping us stay within our budget. She went our of her way to travel to our venue in Santa Barbara, and make 3 separate drop-offs to reduce our stress on wedding day. Would highly recommend Yamaguchi's to anyone local!

Rebeca · Married on 04/09/2016

We do not live in CA, so planning a wedding there was a little stressful. I was worried about the flowers, since I would not see anything until the wedding day. Susie did send me pictures of centerpieces before I decided on them, which I thought was super helpful. Honestly, Yamaguchi's delivered! I sent Susie countless emails with pictures of my ideas and she told me what was doable and even gave me ideas and suggestions on alternative flowers we could use since we were on a budget. The flowers were beautiful! They did a wonderful job decorating the venue and I can honestly say I have no complaints whatsoever. You will not be sorry if you decide to go with them.

Evan · Married on 11/28/2015

They make beautiful flower arrangements with zero hassle!!!

Briana · Married on 08/29/2015

I LOVED working with Ron and the entire Yamaguchi team. Ron spent so much time with me to ensure his flowers met my wedding vision. Ron will make samples and assist you in picking out the perfect flowers and design to meet your budget and look of the wedding. On top of producing great quality arrangements Ron is the nicest person. He was wonderful to work with and was there the day of the wedding to ensure everything was perfect. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous and Ron way exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Ron, Suzie and the entire Yamaguchi team!

Our flowers turned out amazing! Susie and family did an exceptional job! She is so much fun to work with and really knows all about flowers.

There are no words to describe how amazing Susie and Yamaguchi's really is! They made my dreams come true and my florals were even more beautiful and stunning than I could have EVER imagined! Extremely affordable and very easy to work with! My wedding was a week ago and many of my flowers are still alive!

Ron and Susie are simply the best. Very friendly and professional. We were very pleased with the all of the floral arrangments for our wedding. Would highly recommend!

Carley · Married on 12/07/2014

Love love love yamaguchi! One of my friends referred them to me and I'm so glad I made an appointment to visit them.

Our consultation went smoothly and the pricing we received was way below other florists. We even added more to the order and it was below! Then the bridal bouquet sample appointment was nice and I got to take the flowers home!

The wedding day the arrived on time to set up and everything was done the way we wanted. I was very happy with the quality of flowers.

Kristin · Married on 10/24/2014

Yamaguchi Nursery was recommended to me by my wedding coordinator and I couldn't be happier with their flowers. Flowers are so expensive and I didn't want to spend too much on my wedding and they are so affordable and the flowers were beautiful. We gave Ron some pictures of what we would like the bouquets to look like and they came out better than the pictures and were perfect. I would highly recommend their flowers and they are a little out of the way but they will deliver and not charge and arm and a leg. If I ever need flowers I am going to Yamaguchi's.

Tiffany · Married on 09/13/2014

There flower selection was huge and so beautiful. They were so organized and their prices were so reasonable. We used them for our wedding and so happy we did. We highly recommend them for your wedding!!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2014

Yamaguchi Flowers provided the most beautiful flowers for the wedding. Everyone could not stop talking about how gorgeous the flowers were. Working with Ron was not a problem and I got exactly what I asked for and even more! I wouldn't go anywhere else for flowers!

• Alycia

Alycia · Married on 08/08/2014

They did an amazing job on the floral and centerpiece arrangements. They are a little old school with their correspondence, but totally worth the trouble! I did my own centerpieces and had them assemble them the day of, and they looked better than what I had originally planned. Super thrilled with them! They truly helped pull my vision together. The floral made my ceremony spot an absolute dream come true as well.

I can't say enough amazing things about Susie Yamaguchi! We met with her one evening after meeting with a variety of other florists that either couldn't grasp our vision or were way over our budget. After going over some likes and dislikes, color scheme, and overall "feel" of our wedding day, Susie quickly whipped up a sample centerpiece and we were sold. She knew exactly the vision we had in mind and she brought it to life! Looking back at our pictures, the flowers were truly breathtaking! It was the most beautiful wedding I could have imagined and much of that credit goes to Susie for bringing our dreamy, romantic floral ideas to life. Thanks Susie!!

Michelle · Married on 08/03/2013

Susie is just the greatest! So fun to talk to...she really made the whole flower planning process enjoyable.

My husband and I changed our mind a TON of times about the flowers, and Susie was always ready to accommodate. Not to mention, we picked some of the most challenging flower colors around (not quite pink, not quite purple, but somewhere in between), and Susie handled it like the pro that she is.

The shop is just of the highway and very unassuming, but don't let it deter you. Since they don't have a fancy flower shop in the middle of a big city, they pass the savings right onto their customers. We got SO many more flower arrangements from Yamaguchi's Flowers for a fraction of the price we were quoted at other florists. The flowers are super fresh and beautiful...even the sample bouquet she gave me during our initial meeting (which she said was made from some leftover flowers from a wedding the week prior and therefore would not last as long as she'd like) looked fresh for about a week!

HIGHLY recommended!