45 Reviews for wedding cakes by charlie

Cake Stands (6)
Fresh Fruit (2)
Gluten Free (1)
45 wedding cakes by charlie Reviews

Charlie has been a family friend for many years and it was decided before I had even met my fiance (and now husband) that I would be having "Charlie cake" at my some-day wedding. When the time came and the date was set, I immediately called Charlie to book him. We met with him for what might be the best part of wedding planning - a cake tasting! We got to try several flavors of cake and look through his extensive photos of designs he's done through the years. We selected a 4-tier cake that each had a different design (including one he matched to the lace on my dress!), as well as a small gluten-free cake for one of our guests, and a birthday cake for my brother, whose birthday was the same day as our wedding. I knew our cake would be delicious and beautiful, but Charlie continues to exceed expectations every time. The cake was absolutely stunning and he had varied the height of the layers to accentuate the different designs. There was a bit of sparkle everywhere (he knows me so well!) and it was beyond delicious (we had amaretto-raspberry, funfetti with chocolate filling, chocolate mocha, and my brother's cake was a true black forest cake). Everyone loved it and raved about it. If you need a cake for a wedding or any special occasion, Charlie is a "no-brainer" decision!.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 10/8/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Gluten Free, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Definitely go with Charlie! Charlie not only made a beautiful and delicious wedding cake that everyone raved about, but each tier was a different flavor combination! Charlie was also so nice also to give me an additional sample cake when my mother visited from out of town.

Profile Picture User6045563, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

If you need a cake, you MUST get one from Charlie! We had a four tier cake for our wedding on October 1, 2016 and EVERYONE raved about it. We heard from multiple people that it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted. We did three different flavors for the layers (carrot caramel, lemon raspberry, and chocolate mocha) and we didn't hear of a single flavor not being a hit at our reception.

In addition to being incredibly delicious, our cake was beautiful! Charlie combined two different designs for us and it turned out beautifully. We so enjoyed the process of planning with Charlie and cannot wait to enjoy our top layer on our anniversary!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

Charlie did an Excellent job on our wedding cake, bridal shower cake, and a specialty Sugar Free cake for my father on our wedding day! I have received so many compliments on our wedding cake and the quality, looks, and taste. It was so moist and the icing was to die for! Great job Charlie you will definitely get our business in the future!

Profile Picture Kassidy, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Fresh Fruit, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Beautiful and delicious cake and sweet bites! Couldn't have been happier with it!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie made us an incredible winter/snowflake themed cake for our wedding. We were not sure what exactly we wanted our cake to look like, but when we met with Charlie he came up with some fantastic ideas that we decided to go along with.

The cake turned out better than we could have ever imagined. Each layer was a different flavor and all of them were moist and delicious. We had numerous guests going back for seconds!

Profile Picture Alicia, 12/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

Charlie was AMAZING! I don't even like cake, and I thought our wedding cake was delicious. It was also gorgeous, even prettier than I had imagined.
Charlie was extremely responsive, and he was able to do my entire cake without me ever trekking down to Williamsburg. We did everything via email (so unfortunately, we missed out on the cake tasting!). We chose a chocolate/peanut butter cake, and it was to die for. Guests were talking about it the rest of the night!
Thank you for such a perfect wedding cake Charlie!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/12/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We had no idea what we wanted our cake to look like, but Charlie put us at ease with suggesting the perfect ideas! He also served as a great recommendation for what kinds of cake were the most popular. He was so great to work with, and was readily available to answer any questions or concerns we had!

Profile Picture User5406406, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie was incredibly easy to work with. We weren't sure what we wanted our cake to look like, and he gave us a wide range of options for the design, flavors, etc. The cake that we had at the wedding was even better than what we tried at the tasting! Everyone fell in love with all of the chocolate tiers. I wish we had more of that to take home with us! We also loved that the tiers are taller than traditional tiers. It gave the cake a very "grand" look.

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/13/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were so happy with our Wedding Cake from Charlie. Not only was he really easy to work with and willing to accommodate any design we wanted, but it was a great value compared to other cake makers in the Williamsburg area. The cake was so delicious and looked gorgeous - exactly what we were expecting. Something I liked about Charlie is that he was clear upfront that he didn't do fondant covered cakes because the fondant covering doesn't taste good every part of the cake should be delicious. He takes a lot of pride in what he does and it shows in the beautiful cakes that he makes. You can't go wrong with Charlie!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Charlie did a fabulous job with my wedding cake and grooms cake for my recent wedding. The wedding cake was beautiful and had a different flavor and a different design for each layer. He also included a beautiful monogram on the top layer. The cake tasted great!!! He also made a very unique toolbox grooms cake for my husband that was great and very much like the picture I had provided to him. He did an amazing job and there was plenty of cake!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie is so easy to work with. He made us the most beautiful wedding cake. Of course, it tasted even better than it looked. He made each tier a different flavor and works miracles with buttercream frosting. He also added in some cupcakes for the numerous children at the wedding, which they were delighted by. You can't beat the quality of a cake by Charlie, much less the amazingly great price. Definitely the best around.

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Oh My Goodness! His cakes are amazing. I'm not the only one to say it. Every local vendor in the Colonial Triangle say it too! Everywhere I went people asked who was doing my wedding cake and every time I said Charlie Little they would gasp and tell me just how great he was. My cake was STUNNING. really beautiful. I became teary at the sight because of its perfection to what I envisioned when I fist saw it. What a thrill. Of course eating the cake was a whole different experience. I have never tasted such amazing, light, and flavorful cakes in my life. Mocha filling and chocolate cake, amoretto cake with raspberry filling and spiced cake with maple filling. I don't even like spice cake but WOW. I loved each of these flavors!!! WOW!

Something else that amazed me, people I know spent around a thousand dollars for the same sized cake and the taste was mediocre but Charlie's prices are simply unbeatable. I wouldn't be surprised if he never had a day off. For 70 people, I am expecting to pay around $400. or close to it. And that included to go boxes and the anniversary cake.

Something else,- I purchased flowers from the florist for the cake and just let Charlie know. He took care of the work to pick up and all of that. I just tasted and ate! He is also a joy to work with. I look forward to any excuse to have his talents again! Thanks Charlie! Simply amazing!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was simply the most delicious wedding cake I've ever eaten. We asked Charlie to make a four-tiered cake with buttercream frosting. We chose the cake flavors and let Charlie choose the fillings. I only had the almond layer, but it was delicious. I've also gotten several unsolicited complements on the chocolate layer. I got dressed at my reception site, so I got to see Charlie deliver the cake. He brought an extra bag of icing to share with the vendors (and us!), separate from the icing used on the cake. We had some extra cake left over, but not huge amounts. Charlie is popular, and it's easy to see why.

Profile Picture User4311582, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie made our wedding cake and it was STUNNING! We met with Charlie once before the wedding, taste a few samples and knew immediately we needed to book him. We had heard from everyone helping with our wedding - "you have to use Charlie Little, he's the best." They weren't kidding. I live across the country, so we mostly worked via email - I sent him pictures of cakes I liked, flavors we wanted and head count, and he worked his magic. It was perfect and everyone was completely wowed by work. He even added a small fondant dog next to the cake since ours couldn't be there. It was absolutely beautiful AND delicious!! We had 3 flavors - chocolate with mocha, amaretto with raspberry, and carrot with cream cheese. I couldn't even pick my favorite. They were all so good. We have so many leftovers, but they aren't going to last long!

I fully recommend Charlie for your wedding cake!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I just Loved working with Charlie!!!!!! So easy going and his cake was AMAZING! I had so many compliments on it and several people tell me it was the best wedding cake they ever had! Being the bride i was frantic about everything but he made me so comfy and he new the venue and Coordinator on a first name basis! Love love love him!

Profile Picture User4142222, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie designed a very classy, very traditional wedding cake for us, with a bit of a modern twist. In addition to it being quite beautiful, it tasted delicious as well!! We saved the top tier of the cake for our anniversary next year! (I guess that's a tradition?)

Profile Picture Karen , 4/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie makes beautiful cakes that are both elegant and delicious. He does not use fondant, yet his cake are just as smooth. His cake and filling options are numerous, and his buttercream is very good. Charlie was flexible and helpful in the planning of my cake. He was also very laid-back and understanding. The cake was gorgeous and affordable.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/12/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was breath taking! Thank you so much Charlie for making such a gorgeous masterpiece. Now that everything is over with, I am finally able to sit down and enjoy some. I Highly recommend him, you wont be disappointed.

Profile Picture Katie, 3/29/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie makes the most amazing cakes. I had a 4 tier cake for my wedding and each tier was a different flavor. The decorations on the cake were awesome considering he didn't use fondant which I hate the taste of. He used buttercream for the icing and it was decorated exactly the way I had dreamed. It was beautiful!!!! I am going to have Charlie bake all my cakes for my children's birthday parties and any other events I plan on having.

Profile Picture Heather, 3/29/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake Charlie made was delicious, and looked beautiful! He is really not just a baker, but an artist.

Profile Picture Cara, 2/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie made an incredible wedding cake for us. The design was exactly what we asked for, and the flavor was awesome! Everyone went back up for a second piece!

Profile Picture Kelly, 1/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Exceptionally amazing!!! The presentation was absolutely amazing as well as the taste!!! Guests still continue to rave about our fabulous cake. Now, Charlie Little is our new baker for future events.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

LOVE CAKES BY CHARLIE!!! The wedding cake was visually stunning and delicious (try the raspberry filling and amaretto cake, good lord it's amazing) and Charlie was incredibly responsive and helpful, especially through email.

The groom's cake stole the show. We sent Charlie plastic zombie figurines in the mail and Charlie made an awesome zombie apocalypse cake for my husband. Everyone loved loved loved it. Not to mention he went out on a limb and made the cake funfetti (my husband's favorite) which is just vanilla with sprinkles baked in. Charlie had never heard of funfetti but he made it anyway.

DEFINITELY use Cakes by Charlie!!

Profile Picture User3633208, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Charlie was AMAZING to work with and his cakes/cupcakes are fantastic. Our family and friends still bring up how awesome the cupcakes tasted...they definitely made an impression.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews