Toby Tucker Photography Reviews

42 Reviews for Toby Tucker Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Alexis · Married on 06/21/2019

Photography

Toby and his assistant were absolutely amazing!!!! They got some wonderful shots! Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Lewis · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing photographer !!!

We are so happy we chose Toby as our wedding photographer. We knew when he did our engagement photos and they turned out amazing, that we picked the right person for our wedding. Toby was so easy to work with; he made the entire experience so fun and seamless. He truly has an eye for what makes a great photo and will guide you throughout the process. We honestly cannot praise him enough for his work and highly recommend him to all! :)

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Noelle

Noelle Boudro · Married on 09/09/2018

Toby is one-of-a-kind!

Out of all of our vendors for our wedding, Toby, our photographer, was our favorite. He is affordable, comfortable, knowledgeable, and professional - by the time you are done, he feels more like a friend than your photographer.

Toby took our engagement photos and suggested a great location. He was efficient and clear throughout the shoot and we loved every shot when received them back.

On our wedding day, he made great suggestions and was extremely patient with us. We LOVED our photos and enjoyed taking them. I have heard other people tell horror stories about their photographer and we had no worries. We received our photos back fast after each event and couldn’t not have loved them more.

I could go on but suffice it to say we enjoyed working with Toby. He will be taking our vow renewal photos. LOL

I highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Erica · Married on 07/02/2017

"It didn’t take us long to realize that great photos are only a small part of why Toby is a great wedding photographer. His attitude, communication, and coordination take a highly stressful aspect of a wedding and make it seem easy. Compared to quite a few photographers we spoke with when planning our wedding, Toby’s calm demeanor and straightforward approach helped us to understand that he was perfect for us. Toby helped us through all aspects of our wedding, from choosing outfits for the engagement session to professionally managing unruly photobombers after our ceremony. He was never obtrusive during the wedding or reception, and we were surprised by just how comprehensively he managed to capture the event.
    He’s a great person to work with, and we would easily be our only choice for wedding photography if we did it all again. Thank you for everything Toby!"

Sent on 07/27/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/27/2014

Toby is an amazing photographer and a great person in general. He made my husband and i feel at ease. He was flexible and reliable, adjusting to changing schedules on my wedding day without notice. He was a perfect mix of assertive to ensure he got the shots we wanted and laid back to be able to capture my husband and I in our essence. I cannot say enough great things about him, and when i got the pictures back i was even more pleased than i thought possible! I was blown away with the pictures and i cannot wait until we renew our vows in a few years so we can use Toby again!

Sent on 12/23/2014

We used Toby for our engagement photos and our wedding day. He was absolutely amazing for both. We are beyond happy with our finished products and will forever have a life time of memories because of him. He was very easy to work with and made us feel at ease and comfortable. Before and after the wedding he was quick to respond to any emails I sent him and was always very professional and courteous. I would highly recommended him to any of my friends or family!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Angeline · Married on 05/04/2014

Toby was one of the first vendors we booked, and we've been nothing but pleased with his quality of work. We received overwhelmingly positive responses to our engagement photos, and we can't wait to see what our friends and family think about our wedding photos (we personally love them already)!

He was great at making us feel comfortable during both the e-session and wedding. He provided very good feedback in between shots, helping us look natural and our absolute best during the most important moments of our lives. In addition to his obvious talent, he's also very discreet and lightning-quick! He got amazing candid photos, ones we could barely remember because the night flew by so quickly, and we're so thankful for those!

Again, we loved working with Toby and look forward to doing family portraits in the future! :)

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2013

Toby is a wonderful photographer and extremely professional! We booked him for our wedding as well as an engagement session. I would highly encourage doing this, as the engagement shoot allowed us to have a feel for how Toby would photograph us on our wedding day. We didn't have any experience being professionally photographed, so we were unsure of what to expect. During our engagement session, Toby gave us simple directions that were natural and romantic, nothing cliche or forced. He made us feel comfortable and at ease in front of the camera by making us laugh. By the end of the session, we felt like we were hanging out with a friend who happened to take amazing photos. On our wedding day, he was so unobtrusive, we occasionally forgot he was there. Although he was very organized in gathering our families for the more formal shots. Our photos came out beautifully, he took a good mixture of "posed" photos, candids, and detail shots which culminated in a visual storytelling of our day. Toby has a great eye and is a lot of fun to work with. He's very responsive and communicative as well. We would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Tracy · Married on 10/06/2013

Toby was the best Photographer to work with. He made our day so easy and we never felt rushed. I was very impressed with everything about him. He was so easy to get a hold of an helped me with anything I needed. I am so happy with my photos and he completely captured every detail of our day. I highly recommend Toby Tucker as he is so nice and will give you exactly what you are looking for. Thanks Toby for making our day so special and for giving us our photos that we will have to remember our day forever.

Sent on 02/08/2014
  • Y

Yoni · Married on 06/09/2013

Toby was PHENOMINAL! Just by looking at his website, you know you are in for a treat! The pictures that he takes are very natural and candid and organic and catches the moment perfectly! On the night of our wedding, he took charge and got everything done! He is extremely professional and just a very nice person to deal with. We enjoyed Toby very much! We hired just Toby and he managed to snap 975 GORGEOUS photos (which he put ALL on a disk for us) and put our favorites in a BEAUTIFUL album. We highly recommend Toby!

Yoni and Melissa

Sent on 02/21/2014

Lindsey · Married on 05/25/2013

We so enjoyed working with Toby for our wedding! Toby's photography style and pictures are absolutely gorgeous. We actually found him at a friend's wedding! We noticed that at the wedding reception there was a digital photo frame playing a slideshow of pictures taken earlier in the day and the pictures were absolutely stunning. Immediately we had to approach Toby and ask for a business card. After meeting with him and seeing more samples of his work we definitely knew that he was the photographer for us. Not only are his pictures beautiful, but he is truly a pleasure to work with. I had zero reservations about spending time around Toby on my wedding day. He made everyone from the wedding party to the family to the children so comfortable during the pictures. Even some of the groomsmen were proclaiming their "man crush" for him and a few of the bridesmaids asked for his business card "just in case"! We truly enjoyed having Toby be a part of our wedding and can't imagine how things would have gone with out him. Also, we received our pictures from him already (only a little over a month after our wedding) and they are fabulous. We couldn't be happier with our decision to use Toby as our wedding photographer and will continue to use him in the future should we ever need a photographer again. We HIGHLY recommend Toby Tucker Photography.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Haley · Married on 10/19/2012

Toby is outstanding. We have loved working with him. He is very talented, but is always open to ideas if you want a certain shot. He is prompt, responsive, and professional. He makes you feel very comfortable. He did our engagement shoot and wedding.

Toby is wonderful to work with! I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Gretchen · Married on 09/29/2012

All we can say was an outstanding experience and great results. Toby and his team were so easy to work with and produced great results. The engagement photos were awesome and we are still receiving compliments from friends and family on the great locations (which were all due to Toby’s ability to spot perfect scenes in old town Pasadena). During the wedding, you hardly knew he was there but could keep track of the photos on the wireless digital photo frame. This quickly became an impromptu centerpiece as our guests surrounded it and watched photos of the previous several hours, all impressed with the shots. For anyone looking for a photographer, would definitely recommend Toby for his professional products and great service.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Jeran · Married on 09/07/2012

Where do I start? He is an amazing photographer and a wonderful person. So easy to work with and was always there if I had any questions. My husband and I were beyond excited to see our pictures and they came out incredible! Above and beyond any of our expectations! Will be calling him for any future needs. Love, love, love Toby!!!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Toby is the best! He was incredibly easy to work with and worked wonderfully with my very large family. Any time I looked up he was there snapping the perfect shot. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Toby was so nice and helped us feel relaxed during our photos. He captured all of the little moments that we wanted to remember and more. Our photos turned out wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone who asks me.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Alissa · Married on 07/28/2012

Toby was awesome for both our engagement and wedding photos. He is very professional and makes it easy to get into the spirit of picture taking/posing. His respect for efficiency and timeline is spot on. I highly recommend him to anyone in the greater LA and Ventura County area. His photos are phenomenal and truly capture the emotion of the moment.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Karen · Married on 07/28/2012

Toby was married a month after our oldest daughter was married, at that time he did not do wedding photography. Soon thereafter, we had seen him at other events and weddings and we were certian that we would use him for our next daughters wedding. We could not have been happier! Toby not only captured those special moments & all of the families, but the settings and emotions as well.
    Looking back over the photos we easily remember that special day!

I would recommend any special event that you want a true professional who is very personable and knows his trade.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/20/2010

We recommend Toby to any LA or surrounding areas couples. Our wedding was in San Clemente and he didn't charge travel fee. Our photos came out so beautiful. He made hubby and I looked like we belong in wedding magazines. Love him!

Sent on 12/04/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2010

Toby was awesome! My husband and I got married in September 2010. Toby was prompt and very professional! You really never knew he was there and our pictures were beautiful. We also had him take engagement photo's that we really fell in love with.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Erin · Married on 09/04/2010

Amazing experience and beautiful work... wish I had hired him for more hours as his pictures really captured our special day perfectly!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Jaimi · Married on 08/14/2010

Toby was great...... He was polite, professional, and did an awesome job photographing my wedding. Our pictures came out beautiful! He is good at what he does. Both he and his wife were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Scott · Married on 08/01/2010

Toby did an excellent job of our photos. He is very friendly, organized, diligent, on time and the photos were amazing and a great price that was affordable compared to many of the other photographers we interviewed with. Our album was beautiful and he was able to capture such amazing photos. The best part about Toby is that during the wedding he is there for you and makes you feel calm and makes the day go so much smoother. Thanks for everything!

Scott & Chelsi

Sent on 06/28/2011

Erin · Married on 07/10/2010

I booked Toby for my summer 2010 wedding. He was fantastic! He was incredibly quick to respond; I had a response to every email within 24 hours. He was willing to work with my "demandingly" long list of necessary photographs-- although if I could do it again, I would not have made that long of a list. My favorite shots were the candid pictures he took. He captured the day perfectly. It took a little while to get my photos back, maybe 3 months. But, they were SO worth the wait! The album he gave us is a treasure, just stunning. He is laid back and completely allows the people to relax, which makes for great photos.

Sent on 04/27/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/26/2010

Toby was great! He was so easy to work with and is great at what he does. We have a large family so when it came time to do family pictures he made it flow smoothly and easily. Anyone looking for a photographer should go no further than Toby! You will not regret it!! :)

Sent on 06/30/2011