Stephen Tang Photo

Pasadena, CA View map Visit website
$2,900 Most Popular Price

$2,900 Most Popular Price

Stephen Tang is a wedding photographer based in Pasadena, California who specializes in character-driven stories and portraiture. A native New Yorker, Stephen focuses on building meaningful relationships with his bridal clients that allow him to capture candid and natural nuances in poses and expressions while shooting. His photography philosophy is that every photo should have a purpose, which allows him to work more intentionally and efficiently. Every photo story is visualized beforehand, resulting in beautiful, photojournalistic representations of real couples and fleeting moments.

Experience
Stephen has a background in motion picture and commercial photography. When he isn’t working on wedding shoots, he works behind-the-scenes on published fashion and editorial photo jobs.

Stephen Tang offers wedding and engagement photography services. All wedding packages include high-resolution digital files and proofs. They also offer multiple shooters, boudoir shoots, additional hours and destination wedding photography.

• Asian-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1900

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Proofs

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2900

2nd Shooter
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Multi. Locations
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Prints

• Ngoc
    Ngoc N. Married on 04/23/2021

Stephen was amazing. Everything we could have asked for!

My tango classmate once said that our instructor taught dance as if she were teaching math; the same could be said of Stephen’s approach to photography. From planning to execution Stephen was on top of his game. Starting from the initial inquiry he provided thorough responses in a timely manner. I can tell Stephen loves doing what he does and is very excited to talk about anything photography related. During the planning stage Stephen provided input on scheduling and location selection. We also put together a mood board that comprised of: list shots that I was interested in from his prior work, colors, what I liked and didn’t like about each sample photo. Of course on the day of, we forgot all about it, but Stephen reminded us: didn’t you guys want the silhouette shot?

Stephen is an exception photographer. I love that his photographs aren’t as washed out or overly bridal bright. I wanted photos that weren’t just beautiful, but to have some richness and depth. Stephen checked all the boxes.

Since my wedding was really an elopement + 1 guest, we had to be creative with a combination of wedding-esque and non-standard activities so that there was enough content to photograph. On the day of, Stephen captured the candid moments beautifully, but he also directed us for some posed ones. Friends and family loved the photos we shared and commented on how natural we looked despite being staged. I suddenly recalled Stephen’s remarks:

“no 90 degree elbows”
    “too maternity”
    “keep it PG”

...during the session and although they were entertaining to hear, looking at the photos I do appreciate those reminders to help us look our best.

With that said, Stephen is also very personable and easy to work with. We became increasingly more comfortable with him as the day progressed and I can see that reflected in our photos.

Now that we’ve overcome the awkwardness of working with our photographer for the first time, we look forward to having Stephen photograph us again for our first year anniversary!

Stephen Tang Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. You have me thoroughly analyzed–those are totally catchphrases of mine when I'm shooting.

As you touched on, working with real people is a process that I take very seriously to get the most natural presence from a couple. Photography is collaborative and you were great with direction and feedback!
  • Lai
    Lai J. Married on 04/01/2021

A nice photo lights up our wedding

We found Stephen by a friend recommendation, and he still exceeded our expectation though we were amazed by some of his example works already. The shooting days with Stephen were pleasant and he waved out our nervousness by pre-communication with us and always smiling and being gentle during the work. Stephen tried to understand who we are and what we love before the real work, and this turned into a lovely touch in each of his photos. We look great in his photos, and we look as we. I highly recommend Stephen if you are considering a wedding or portrait shooting in LA. Thank you Stephen!

Stephen Tang Photo's reply:

2020 was difficult for the world, but I am so grateful that you shared your story with me in the beginning of the year. Thank you for your review!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Team

Stephen Tang
Stephen Tang
Owner

Lead photographer and photo editor for your event! I've been documenting weddings for over 10 years now and continue to set the bar higher for myself over time.

Pasadena Pasadena, CA, 91107
347-454-7650
Location of (Stephen Tang Photo)
2468 Mohawk St., #105 Pasadena, CA, 91107 See on map