Tiny T Ranch Reviews

Tiny T Ranch 6
Tiny T Ranch 7
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing venue, great host, feels like home

When planning our wedding, we had one philosophy: work with people that are as excited about our wedding as we are. Spike is just about as warm, funny, interesting, and engaging as they come. The venue itself is breathtaking in the springtime, with the tiny chapel rising up from the wildflowers. The huge pavilion and pasture were a great fit for our 140 guests. My personal favorite thing was being able to stay at the ranch for four days. I wish we could've stayed four more! It's a relaxing, clean, and comfortable place for a wedding party to get ready. We loved the longhorns, horse, and donkey as well as the barn cats and chickens! Don't hesitate to check this place out - it's better than I can describe. I hope we can work with Spike again!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Tiny T Ranch 19
  • SUSAN

SUSAN · Married on 04/27/2019

Best Weekend Ever

I had my wedding here over the weekend and it was perfect for what I wanted. We had the venue from Thurs. to Sun. and it was so amazing. We had a ton of people in and out on Fri. and Sat. and we never felt over crowded inside the house. The chapel on the property is the reason I choose it and everyone loved it. I loved the reception area as I felt in other venues we would have been swallowed up by the size of it. We loved the indoor outdoor option of the reception and so did our guests. Spike, the owner was amazing to work with. She was very accommodating and when asked for suggestions on vendors she had quite a few choices. I ended up using 2 of the vendors she suggested and they worked out well. If you are looking for a place to have an outdoor wedding that you don't have to come and go on the same day and want to make a weekend of it, this is the place for you! We were also allowed to bring our dogs with us and that was a great help as well.

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Tiny T Ranch 26
    Tiny T Ranch 27
    Tiny T Ranch 28

Terry · Married on 06/01/2018

I attended a weekend writing retreat held at the Tiny T Ranch and found it to be a fantastic venue. The house is roomy and comfortable easily accommodating the ten or so people who gathered to write. The grounds are lovely and include the Tiny Chapel perfect for an intimate wedding or a large affair. The Molly Ivins Pavillion offers a great space no matter what your event. I’ve since attended a memorial service, a public reading by local authors, and several other events at the ranch and cannot recommend it highly enough. Spike Gillespie acts as officiant, hostess, ringleader - whatever your event requires. She does so with grace, kindness, humor, and ferocity. You won’t be disappointed if you choose the Tiny T Ranch for your event.

Doryan · Married on 03/15/2018

I've not only been to several friends' weddings out here, I've also catered a number of events and tended bar for a few others. Spike is one of the kindest people I've ever met, and her love of bringing people together shows not only in the quality of the space she keeps, but in the way she takes care of the people she hosts. I can't wait til the next time I get to visit!

Sharon · Married on 03/10/2018

The Tiny T was the first venue we toured, and we fell in love with immediately. Working with Spike is so easy and enjoyable, the the Tiny T was the perfect place for our wedding. Spike is super kind, flexible, and responsive, and was wonderful as both the venue owner and our officiant.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Alison · Married on 11/03/2017

What an absolutely perfect place to elope! We were pretty much ready to run off to the courthouse, but we wanted something a little more personal, relaxed, and scenic. Had I discovered Spike's ranch sooner, we probably would have tied the knot earlier. Tiny T has such wonderful Texas charm, and the chapel is a romantic, photographic backdrop. Spike was great to work with, clear and responsive in communication, and a heartful officiant. It was so amazing to walk through our wedding day stress free!

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Tiny T Ranch 29
    Tiny T Ranch 30

Noelle · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I are so happy we went with Tiny T. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect setting for our wedding.
    The ranch is beautiful and perfect for photos. Many of our guests commented that it was one the best weddings they had ever been to and you know what? I think we owe those complements to Spike and the Tiny T Ranch.

Spike is warm, gracious, down to earth, and very easy to work with. She really makes you feel like family. She’ll definitely give input when asked, but she never pressures you to take her suggestions. We never once felt restricted or rushed - it felt like we were planning a party for our closest family and friends without all the fussiness of a typical venue.

Spike was also our officiant and the vows she wrote were gorgeous. She really took the time to personalize our vows so they felt meaningful and intimate.

And the chickens! How fun was it to have chickens running around the reception!

Thank you Spike for helping to make our day so special.

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Tiny T Ranch 31

Jeremy · Married on 10/28/2017

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Tiny T Ranch! Spike was so accommodating, giving us the run of the whole property from the chapel to the reception hall, to the ranch house. We were able to party all night knowing we had space for 14+ people to stay the night in comfortable beds (I think we had 11 people stay over). Spike is also a wonderful, fun and quirky wedding officiant, who helped us put together our ceremony. If we had it to do all over again, we'd do it all the same.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Dyan · Married on 10/01/2017

My husband and I had an excellent experience getting married by Spike at her Tiny T Ranch. Nothing but good memories to start out our life together. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a more back to nature wedding experience.

Sent on 11/29/2017
    Tiny T Ranch 32

Elizabeth · Married on 09/16/2017

First, the Tiny T Ranch sells itself for anyone looking for a relaxed, outdoor wedding on a beautiful piece of land. Still close to downtown Austin and the airport for long-distance guests. The tiny chapel is a dream for photos, and as a private suite with AC! So, if you aren’t already in love, let me tell you about Spike, the propieter at the Tiny T Ranch. She is so welcoming, you feel instantly like family. She is so supportive of you as you plan, and never pressures you to change your ideas for hers. She embraces you instantly, and it makes your wedding all the more stress-free. Staying at the ranch with your family and friends a few days before the wedding is so special as well. Have your wedding here, it will be perfect.

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Tiny T Ranch 37
    Tiny T Ranch 38
    Tiny T Ranch 39

Emily · Married on 09/02/2017

Spike is such an incredible host at her beautiful ranch. She was so accommodating to the many changes I had along the way and was so wonderful at assisting in any way she could the day of. The Ranch is just breathtaking and I'm in love with the little chapel. It really did capture how my husband and I wanted to spend our day and the pictures are incredible with the different backgrounds. Just all around a wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Tiny T Ranch 40
    Tiny T Ranch 41
    Tiny T Ranch 42
    Tiny T Ranch 43

Nicole · Married on 05/20/2017

The Tiny T was perfect for our wedding! We pretty much wanted a no-frills party and we certainly had a party! The location was beautiful and our guests were impressed. Spike was an amazing hostess, responded to emails quickly and was there to help when we needed it. The ranch is pretty much perfect as is, we brought the food, the bar, and the music. The kids loved the horses and chickens. My out of town guests and family appreciated that they could stay over at the venue and my brother and sister-in-law were charmed by the airstream. It totally poured rain in the morning, and it was a comfort knowing that we could move it all inside. Luckily the sun came out and we danced till 2am! Loved it, already talking about rebooking for an anniversary party!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Joe · Married on 05/10/2017

Visit the Ranch! Its a beautiful little place just outside of Austin near the airport (BUT no noise from the airport at all). As someone who travels to work (over 200 days a year!) Spike worked very closely with us and fit us right in despite us giving her short notice.

We are going to have our wedding in 2019 (paying for it ourselves) so we decided to have a private ceremony, and Spike was the highest rated Officiant in the Austin area we found. Again, she worked with us despite my incredibly volatile schedule, and she always responded very quickly to our emails and calls. I say visit the Ranch before your ceremony because you can get a feel for the place from the beautiful chapel to the ranch house and so on. We rushed out there for a sunset ceremony and wished we could have spent a little longer.

From the photos to the location to Spike herself this was all top notch!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Ann · Married on 05/07/2017

Our experience at the Tiny T was so very, very wonderful. Spike is incredibly supportive and kind, professional and helpful and all with a great sense of humor. The Tiny T Ranch is a very special place. The old chapel created a beautiful back drop for our ceremony. We had plenty of space for our 130ish guests to mingle and wander around the grounds. The pavilion was perfect - a stage for the band and plenty of space for tables and dancing and food. And how wonderful to have a house, just a few yards away, at our disposal that we could use as a quiet place to get ready before the ceremony. I truly can't say enough good things about Spike Gillespie and Tiny T Ranch. They gave us the best wedding ever!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 02/19/2017

Spike was absolutely amazing. Our quick weekend elopement turned into a 25 person wedding, and Spike was so accommodating and helpful the entire time, from my questions about catering to tables to the chapel. Tiny T is absolutely beautiful! The chapel is gorgeous and the reception hall was the perfect size for us - you could probably fit at least another ten people comfortably. I would recommend Spike and her ranch to anyone!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Jolie · Married on 12/31/2016

All I can say is DO IT. Beautiful property. Perfect canvas for a magical wedding. Having a house a chapel and reception venue right there was amazing and made everything so easy. Spike is so accommodating and instructed us to ask for whatever we needed. We lit everything in candles, decorated with hundreds of white roses and thousands of red rose petals. It turned the property into a magical woodland scene. Fantastic!!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Twyla · Married on 12/29/2016

Spike Gillespie not only provided a service for us at the last minute, she proved immaculately professional and accommodating. She customized our service with elegance and humor, and the space she has created on her ranch is delightful and lovely. On top of everything, she has a beautiful voice--not only will she write a lovely service for you, the performance of it will be everything you want it to be. Do not hesitate to contact her. You will not regret it.

Spike, Steve and Twyla send their deepest gratitude!

Sent on 01/23/2017

The perfect compromise between our desire for an elopement and our families wanting to witness our wedding. Absolutely adorable and perfect location.

Sent on 01/04/2017

raquel · Married on 10/15/2016

my fiance and I are getting married in October, and we were lucky enough to find Spike Gillespie to be our officiant right as she was starting the Tiny T. nothing like a one-stop shop to ease the stress of wedding planning!
    we've been out to the ranch several times just to meet with her, check out the space with our families, and attend a couple non-wedding events.
    the ranch is so beautiful and unique! the tiny chapel is so lovely and I can't wait to take our wedding portraits in front of it. the pavilion is also a very nice size, and the house is spacious and very charming and comfortable.
    spike is also very nice to work with. I have nothing but good things to say about her and this space. she's been very accommodating, and has been very kind to us as we plan our ceremony, and our reception. plus, I love her dogs--I have a very soft spot in my heart for Boston terriers and she's had a few. some of whom grace the walls in painted portraits, which definitely add to the charm!
    the Tiny T is a very good example of "keep austin weird" in the very best sense--a unique place full of love and good feeling.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Casey · Married on 09/19/2016

My husband and I are over the moon with Spike and the Tiny T Ranch. Spike's personal flare in creating the perfect vow exchange for us along with her humble establishment left us with full hearts and loving memories. We would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone because she truly cares about creating a special and personalized ceremony for each of her couples. Spike, if you're reading this, you are such a delight and we cannot wait to see you at our next vow renewal <3

Sent on 04/26/2018
    Tiny T Ranch 44
    Tiny T Ranch 45
    Tiny T Ranch 46

April · Married on 02/03/2016

On the morning my mother in law passed away, I had a previously scheduled evening meditation event at Tiny T. I was warmly greeted by Spike, about 20 of us meditated, then dispersed for an hour of quiet. I sank into the cold grass and watched the warm sun set through the trees. It was a beautiful way to mourn and remember and celebrate the life of my friend and beloved mother in law.

Caroline · Married on 11/05/2011

This place is the perfect combination of pastoral Central Texas picturesque and storied Austin cool. Spike brought a big piece of *her* Austin to the ranch and the entire place seems to universally chill everyone out. Cool, airy rooms, a gentle antiques-meets-colorful (local) art vibe, and a fridge full of ice cold Topo Chico are just a few of the elements that make Tiny T Ranch the perfect venue for whatever your next event may be.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Juan · Married on 07/07/2017

My wife and I got married here. Spike was very accommodating and helpful. She even let us pet the chickens that are on the property! We had a great time. Excellent value.

Sent on 08/07/2017

carol · Married on 03/22/2018

Spacious and unique accommodation. Facilities were pleasant both indoors and out. Music was great! Chapel is charming and Reception hall is adjacent. Overnight provisions for wedding party and guests. Atmosphere relaxed.

Sent on 06/18/2018