Old Glory Ranch

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 400 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 400 guests

First class celebrations in simple country elegance. Your wedding and reception will be an enchanting experience and uniquely your own in this magnificent Texas Hill Country setting. We offer elopement and micro-wedding packages as well as traditional weddings.

Old Glory Ranch is an award winning wedding venue located in Wimberley, Texas. This barn and farm wedding venue offers simple country elegance for weddings and other special life events such as rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, bridal showers and much more. Old Glory Ranch located in the historic town of Wimberley which is conveniently located between San Antonio and Austin.

Facilities and Capacity

Old Glory Ranch is situated on 2,200 acres of Hill Country. This spacious piece of property offers endless views and a rustic backdrop for you to gather in front of your loved ones and exchange your vows. This setting offers not only the feeling like you are off the beaten track, but also offers the elegance and sophistication that you would expect from a wedding venue located in a bustling city. This wedding venue offers many unique spaces for you to utilize on your big day. Chapel Hall is where many couples have chosen to host their ceremony as this space features stained glass windows, vintage architectural details, and classic antiques. This space can also be used for your reception as well. For those who prefer an outdoor reception, Old Glory Ranch offers the Stone Patio or our covered DIY gatehouse pavilion. Additionally, these grounds are home to two other spots to exchange your vows, under the oak trees in the Oak Grove, or the Wedding Deck by the Blanco River. Both spaces are scenic and allow you and your guests to be fully immersed in the natural beauty Old Glory Ranch has to offer. Overall, Old Glory Ranch has plenty of space to host a wide variety of events with as little as 2 guests and up to 500 guests.

The team at Old Glory Ranch wants to help you make your vision for your special day become a reality. They collaborate with you to showcase all the possibilities at Old Glory Ranch and to see how your expectations, style, theme, personality, and vision can thrive at this venue. On the big day itself, this venue offers a bridal suite for you to utilize to prepare for the days events and also to freshen up throughout your event.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Event Planning
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Farm/Ranch
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Decor
Lighting
Tables
Tents

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

March
April
May
June
September
October
November

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
July
August
December

Stephanie Married on 05/14/2022

Perfect Fairytale Wedding

We got married at OGR on May 14th and we couldn't be happier! This venue and the staff are all so wonderful. When I first started looking online, OGR was one of the first venues I saw. I immediately started tearing up as I looked through photos- I knew we had to visit. Seeing Old Glory in person was even more amazing. I knew this was it without even having to shop around.

Karen and Suzanne were extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. I appreciated their commitment to being upfront with their prices and making sure we understood what we were paying for before we signed anything. Their prices are very clearly listed and broken down.

Karen was very easy to contact. She took the time to answer any and every question I came up with, despite having her own son's wedding to plan and a broken foot. We did not have to pay for a wedding planner because Karen essentially filled that role for us. OGR has a list of several vendors that they've worked with in the past. They also require that you get all flowers and floral from them. This was actually such a blessing because 1. They guaranteed that we would not spend more than the amount in our contract on flowers and 2. We didn't have to worry about finding another vendor.

OGR also provides a day of wedding coordinator. Karen was in contact with all of our vendors and arranged drop off times. Because of these two things, my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything the day of our wedding. I knew that all of the behind the scenes things were taken care of- the food and cake would be there, decorations would be set up, the wedding party would be stationed where they needed to be, etc. They also take care of all set up and break down.

On our wedding day, my husband I just showed up and worried about our own roles in the wedding. The way everything was set up was a dream come true! I am a Disney girl through and through and I've always wanted a fairytale wedding. OGR exceeded our expectations and gave us more than we dreamed of. From the horse drawn carriage to the beautiful, classy chapel to the twinkle lights that decorated the patio dance floor to the gorgeous sunset...our wedding was so beautiful. I got so many compliments from friends and family saying it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to and that the venue was perfect. Multiple people told me it felt like a fairytale. Relatives also commented on the convenience of having both the wedding and reception in the same location.

The OGR staff was all in contact over radio the whole time. We never had to look at the clock, we were just told where to go and what we were doing next. At the end of the night, they even loaded up all of our things in our vehicle so we didn't have to worry about it.

This was our wedding, so of course we're a little biased, but this was the most beautiful, smoothest-run wedding I've ever seen. If I could do it all over again, I'd choose OGR in a heartbeat. If you're anything like me and you've always dreamed of your fairytale wedding, consider getting married at Old Glory Ranch. You won't regret it!
  • Meredith
    Meredith H. Married on 01/07/2022

The absolute best!

I could not recommend Old Glory Ranch enough!!!! I truly feel like they are family now as they stood by my husband and I through this crazy year of 2020. When our original wedding date had to be postponed due to COVID, Karen (and the whole OGR staff) had everything handled. I knew OGR was on our side through everything. They handled most of the communication with our vendors and I never doubted they were there to support us. They worked with us to organize our new wedding date in July and went above and beyond to keep our guests safe. Multiple people told us (even despite COVID!), it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. The decor was stunning and they were still able to make our dream wedding come true. I would choose them over and over again and will never forget everything they did for us!!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

It was a true pleasure to work with all of you! All of the happiness and love that surrounded all of you helped us remember what was truly important in the midst of this pandemic. We wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness and hope to see you again someday!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Suzanne McCord
Suzanne McCord
Owner

Suzanne McCord completed her education with a degree in psychology from LSU in 1966. She married Charles McCord immediately after graduation, and he began his tour of duty in the Army, which landed the couple in Washington, D.C. Her first experience in the business/political world was a position as caseworker for Congressman Bill Brock of Tennessee on Capitol Hill. She moved from there into the 1968 Nixon campaign which led to a position on the Nixon White House staff working for Harry Fleming. When the tour of duty in the Army ended and upon settling in Houston to raise their two children, Suzanne started her own child photography business that kept her busy for the next 25 years.

Suzanne and Charles began buying property & vacationing in Wimberley in the 1970s. Always an avid party giver, Suzanne moved to the Hill Country in the early ‘90s to create something “entertaining” on the large piece of property they had acquired in 1984. By chance, a close family friend wanted to get married at Old Glory Ranch in 1997, and with that wedding, a new career was launched for Suzanne. Totally comfortable in this role as a party giver and utilizing her degree in psychology daily, the business plan began. Suzanne, along with her lifelong friend and business partner, Laura Weems, an interior designer from Louisiana, created the design concept for Chapel Hall. Construction of this innovative and flexible special-event facility began in 1999, with completion in 2000.

With the completion of this breathtaking Texas Victorian structure, the rest is history. And now with 20 years of experience under her belt, Suzanne will soon witness her 500th bride say, “I Do” in 2020. The pleasures of hearing the wedding march are only exceeded today by the sound of her grandchildren’s laughter, but weddings at Old Glory Ranch remain a well-deserved institution of glory!

Liz Danna
Liz Danna
Office Manager

Handling the bookkeeping and accounting is just a tiny portion of what Liz has brought to Old Glory Ranch. She has been instrumental in many facets of the development of what has become the Texas Hill Country’s premier event venue. Her vast knowledge of the business and ranch operations has been proven to be invaluable on many occasions.

Karen Smith
Karen Smith
Event Manager

Karen joined the Old Glory Ranch staff as an event worker in 2006 and loved it so much that she eventually moved on to site managing, followed by event planning. Her ability to organize, multi-task, think outside the box, and provide great client service never goes unnoticed. Recently retired from the education field, Karen has found her second home at Old Glory Ranch.

The Pictures Band The Pictures Band Wedding Bands

We performed for the owner's Daughter's wedding here and many other times too! It is the most Gorgeous wedding facility! It is The Perfect little country church you have been looking for!!! Go check it out!

Complete Weddings + Events Austin Complete Weddings + Events Austin Wedding DJs

We enthusiastically recommend Old Glory Ranch for your special event. An incredible venue with unique features. We count it an honor to work with and serve at this venue!

Greenbelt DJ Productions Greenbelt DJ Productions Wedding DJs

I love working at Old Glory Ranch. They are so kind and extremely experienced. In addition, the site is gorgeous and perfect for a Hill Country wedding. I look forward to working there again soon! - Joel

3633 River Road Wimberley, TX, 78676

Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm
Location of (Old Glory Ranch)

Other vendors in Austin for your wedding

Wedding Venues