Old Glory Ranch Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Meredith
    Meredith H. Getting married on 01/07/2022

The absolute best!

I could not recommend Old Glory Ranch enough!!!! I truly feel like they are family now as they stood by my husband and I through this crazy year of 2020. When our original wedding date had to be postponed due to COVID, Karen (and the whole OGR staff) had everything handled. I knew OGR was on our side through everything. They handled most of the communication with our vendors and I never doubted they were there to support us. They worked with us to organize our new wedding date in July and went above and beyond to keep our guests safe. Multiple people told us (even despite COVID!), it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. The decor was stunning and they were still able to make our dream wedding come true. I would choose them over and over again and will never forget everything they did for us!!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

It was a true pleasure to work with all of you! All of the happiness and love that surrounded all of you helped us remember what was truly important in the midst of this pandemic. We wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness and hope to see you again someday!
  • T J
    Troy Married on 06/05/2021

Our June Wedding

Beautiful location! You and your guest will love it! This was definitely not their first wedding. Very professional and Karen was a joy to work with. Carey is a top notch coordinator. When they say don't worry about the day, they mean it. You won't have to think about what is next, just follow instructions and enjoy. The staff is wonderful. We had lots of compliments from our guest.
  • Addison
    Addison R. Married on 05/11/2021

Amazing All Around

This was the first venue I visited in person and knew right away that it was perfect for our wedding! Karen was excellent every step of the way and kept me informed on every detail and next step while being both friendly and professional. The location is beautiful with so many options to truly personalize your wedding day including lawn games, drink donkeys, four different ceremony options, even their own floral design service (which we didn't end up using). Plus, Wimberley is such a classic small Texas town that made for a great brunch spot the day after the wedding. I can't recommend Old Glory Ranch enough!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We loved working with you to create your special day and are so happy that you were pleased! Stay in touch as we would love to see you again!
  • Carmen
    Carmen T. Married on 04/23/2021

Rain or Shine the Wedding will go on

Old Glory Ranch isn't just a breathtakingly beautiful location for a small intimate wedding (like ours) but has ample space and locations for large wedding parties as well. We can't thank Karen enough for her kind support and guidance, she's attentive, and has a great attention to detail.
    Although, the weather wasn't cooperating and was truly stressing me out, Karen was wonderful at coming up with a Plan B (if needed), thankfully the skies cleared up a short hour before our ceremony. Karen and her team did a fantastic job in quickly pivoting back to our true vision and wish of marrying on the Blanco River.
    From start to finish, Karen was friendly, responsive, and incredibly helpful, she truly does all that she can to help wedding planning be as stress free to the couple as possible.
    We look forward to 10 year anniversary at OGR, perhaps even a romantic 1 year anniversary picnic.
    Much thanks to Karen and the OGR team.
    Gabriel & Carmen Trevino Dominguez

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

It was a perfect day and we were so happy that the weather finally cooperated. Thank you for your patience and kind words. We truly loved working with you and do hope to! see you again! Wishing you much joy and happiness.
    Heidi S. Married on 04/17/2021

Go with Old Glory!

We are SO happy with our experience with Old Glory Ranch and feel so thankful we went with them for our wedding. I seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about them. Karen was our main point person throughout the process and she is AMAZING! She is kind, patient, and always so helpful. We booked the venue right before the pandemic and our wedding was set for April 2021. There was a lot of questions, anxiety as a result of the pandemic, and Karen was really great in helping guide us with decisions and how to create a safe wedding, where everyone felt comfortable. Suzanne, the owner was also wonderful, and we appreciated her involvement. I wanted a specific flower for my bouquet as it had sentimental value and when she couldn't find it, she tried to grow it for me! I wasn't even aware there was difficulty finding it or all the effort she went to until the wedding. Old Glory treats you as if you are their only customer and their main priority. In fact you don't even really feel like a customer, but like a kind friend or family member is helping you out. The staff have all worked together for a very long time and there is a family feel which was important to us. Also, the venue is GORGEOUS and there are so many different options of where to get married. We had our rehearsal dinner there as well, which was relaxing and a great way to start the weekend. On the wedding day (and even before), they take care of anything that could cause stress and make sure your day is just about enjoying it. Our guests are still talking about Old Glory, the setting, and how much fun they had. Old Glory really helped our vision come true and made sure we had the most wonderful day. We highly recommend them!
  • Shelley
    Shelley D. Married on 04/12/2021

Our wedding was an amazing experience !

Karen was so helpful and accommodating! She made all of the arrangements for our elopement on short notice based on my requests and we were beyond satisfied. It was the perfect and as if 300 guests were there . We even had a first dance and cake and champagne !
    Robert M. Married on 11/14/2020

Excellent experience

Everything was amazing! This venue was perfect! The staff went above and beyond, and everything was done with excellence. Every single detail was taken care of, and we did not have to worry about anything. We also received lots of great comments from our guests that attended about how beautiful everything was and how much they loved it. We would definitely recommend Old Glory Ranch as ideal wedding venue.

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you! It was a beautiful day with lots of love. We enjoyed working with you and hope you will stay in touch!
    Catherine P. Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful!

Feeling so blessed to have found Old Glory Ranch for my daughter’s wedding. Everything was just perfect! Karen was an absolute gift during the planning process. Her knowledge was extremely impressive and she blended that with a lovely calm and compassionate way of being particularly as we navigated Covid-19 considerations. OGR’s floral group are pure artists, the most beautiful and trendy bouquets I have ever seen. Our guests called this venue magical and it surely is!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

We feel so honored to have hosted your daughter's special day and to be a part of this special celebration. It made us all remember why we do what we do as we basked in all of the happiness with you! Stay in touch!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 10/10/2020

Best venue ever!

Old Glory is hands down the BEST WEDDING VENUE EVER!!!! From day one, my now husband and I were greeted with so much kindness, knowledge, and care during our tour. Throughout the planning process, Karen made sure we always had our questions answered, and we could feel that the staff at OGR truly and whole heartedly cared about us and our wedding day. She went above and beyond to provide suggestions, communication with vendors, and reassurance through the pandemic. Even on wedding day she helped calm me down by talking me through every step up until I took that first step down the aisle! Suzanne literally made my floral dreams come true! My ideas were a little different, yet she knew exactly what I was going for and executed it PERFECTLY. We even dipped into the river after our ceremony and got some pretty amazing photographs! We have received countless compliments about how gorgeous the venue, florals, and other decorations were, as well as it being “the best wedding they’ve ever been to”. Carey made sure our day ran flawlessly, I literally cannot think of one thing that didn’t go as planned. Old Glory has weddings down to a T. In the end, everyone at OGR (Karen, Carey, Wade, Suzanne, etc.!!!) felt like family, and they really made sure that our wedding day was the best day of our lives. THANK YOU I wish we could do it all again!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

You do know that you are family and we expect to see you from time to time. Your day was an absolute joy and we truly treasured every moment. Thank you for entrusting us with your special day and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Brittany
    Brittany W. Married on 09/13/2020

Great package for price and helpful

Great package for price and helpful

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed meeting you and wish you the very best that life has to offer!
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 09/09/2020

Fabulous location for a Hill Country Wedding

My daughter’s wedding was absolutely beautiful. Could not have asked for a more wonderful venue. Suzanne, April and Carey were great from start to finish with all of the planning and the wedding day festivities. If you want a fabulous Hill Country wedding, this is the place for you!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Your words are music to our ears. We loved working with all of you all the way through. We wish all of you the very best and hope to see you again in the future.
    Stacy Y. Married on 09/09/2020

Old Glory Ranch

Words can not describe how truly blessed I am to have picked such an amazing and beautiful venue. From the very first visit, I knew this was the place for me. Just the first sight driving up onto the ranch was a breathtaking experience.
    Old Glory strives to help every bride make their wedding dreams a reality, and they truly have accomplished this. From the design meeting with Suzanne, to April and Carey helping organize and run the big day, this made a huge difference to making my wedding experience fun and enjoyable . For me and my entire family, I appreciate all that Old Glory has done to make our day a glorious and spectacular occasion. Every design, and every detail turned out better than I ever could have dreamed of. If you are looking for that rustic but elegant setting, this is hands down the place for you to be at. from the bottom of my heart I want to thank the entire staff for making my day a relaxing and enjoyable time for me to spend with my husband and family.
    Old Glory will always have a special place in my heart. The wonderful memories from this glorious day will live with me for years to come, and it is all thanks to the astounding individuals that helped make this day come true.

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for choosing Old Glory Ranch and entrusting us with such a special time in your life. We are honored and happy that we met all of your expectations and you were able to enjoy your day. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and hope that you will stay in touch.
    Michael M. Married on 08/07/2020

5-year wedding vow renewal at Old Glory Ranch

Old Glory Ranch is an exquisite setting. Karen and Suzanne are fabulous, and extremely accommodating. They worked with us to ensure the event was perfectly tailored to our desires. The event was seamless. My wife and I will remember the evening forever. I highly recommend Old Glory Ranch as a beautiful place to celebrate any kind of event.

Michael and Kaia

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We loved working with you and learning about your connection with the ranch and the story of how the two of you met. We hope you will come again!
  • Dana
    Dana A. Married on 07/03/2020

Our Dream Wedding

Old Glory is gorgeous, and the staff is extremely professional while still being so warm. Even if you don't see yourself as a "ranch" or "rustic" or "country" bride, consider Old Glory. I promise they can bring your vision to life, and in a way that lets you relax, celebrate, and be celebrated.

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy you were pleased and that we also met our goal which is that the couple and their family get to thoroughly enjoy their day. We extend our very best wishes to both of you.
    Kevin D. Married on 02/29/2020

A wonderful dream

Our wedding ended up being a wonderful dream come true. We could not have asked for a more beautiful setting and the staff was incredible! They made our special night magical!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for entrusting us with your special day! We enjoyed working with all of you throughout. Wishing you the very best today and always!
  • Emily
    Emily M. Married on 11/09/2019

Incredible hill country wedding

Our experience with Old Glory Ranch was invaluable. The team from day one made us feel welcome and at home. Karen did an upstanding job meeting and anticipating our needs at every turn during the planning process. I highly recommend the day of coordinator, Carrie made our day seamless. I’m grateful for Old Glory Ranch and the incredible team making our wedding memorable and beautiful!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

All of you are very special to us and we were so honored to be able to be a part of your day. From the first time we met on the tour, all of you felt like family. We wish you all of the happiness that your hearts can hold and hope to see you again some day!
    Barber Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Venue

I cannot express enough how amazing and wonderful our experience with Old Glory Ranch has been. Suzanne and Karen are miracle workers! Taking our ideas and desires and making them happen even beyond our expectations!! Accomplishing this with both my daughter and I living many miles away and from two different states, was made unbelievably easy.
    Each and every staff member was professional and kind. Turn your dream over and let them run with it! You will not be disappointed! They turned my daughter's wishes into reality and beyond! I miss seeing them all….felt like I was home when visiting!
    Pam Barber, Mother of Bride

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

It was an amazing day for a beautiful family. We loved working with you and getting to know you as we planned your daughter's wedding. We have also missed visiting with you and hope you stay in touch!
    Megan V. Married on 10/05/2019

Old Glory made my dream wedding come true!

Old Glory is where you go to have your dream wedding done perfectly. Not only is the venue breathtaking, the staff are the kindest people that truly care about making your day the best it can possibly be. Old Glory is a well oiled machine that made all my dreams about my wedding come true. My day was perfect and Old Glory was a huge part in making that happen. I highly recommend Old Glory to any bride. This place sets the standard for how weddings should operate. I would do it all over again with Old Glory by my side! Thanks for the best day ever! I will remember it for the rest of my life!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Couples and families like yours remind us of why we do what we do. It was a pleasure to get to know all of you and see you surrounded by love and happiness on your special day! Please stop by and see us if you are in the area.
  • Erin
    Erin L. Married on 10/05/2019

GREAT experience!

Old Glory is first class. They handle everything and are so helpful. Karen, Suzanne and Carey really know what they are doing and were wonderful to work with. It was the perfect place for my daughter to get married!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

We loved working with all of you throughout the planning and then watching it all unfold that evening. Wishing all of you all of our very best!
    Courtney G. Married on 04/27/2019

The Gray’s 4/27/2019

This venue is just perfect! I have been in love with old glory ranch since I was young. I never dreamed of having my wedding anywhere else and they exceeded my expectations. It was the most perfect day at the most gorgeous venue. Having an on-site coordinator and all the staff made the day go so smoothly, I didn’t have to worry about a thing. They made it everything we ever wanted and more!

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

It was a beautiful day and wonderful celebration. We were honored that you entrusted us with your special day and are thrilled that we surpassed your expectations. We wish the two of you all of our very best. Please stay in touch!
    Liz D. Married on 04/27/2019

My experience was wonderful.

My daughter's wedding was 4/27/19. We had a great experience the wedding was beautiful, I still get rave reviews from family and friends. Karen our event coordinator was on point and helped with all the details, the staff were friendly and made it so easy for me to have a great time. Carey our wedding coordinator was fantastic and kept the event going in the timeline. Our design by Suzanne the owner was exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend this venue.

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

This was an extra special day with a beautiful bride, handsome groom, and a wonderful family! We enjoyed working with you and were thrilled to be a part of your special day! Wishing all of you a lifetime of happiness!
    Kay Married on 04/27/2019

Old Glory Ranch is a Magical PLace

If you want a magical Hill Country Wedding, contact Old Glory Ranch! Our daughters wedding was wonderful. Suzanne McCord has a fabulous staff that can help you plan the day you want. They helped me and my daughter with all of our questions. I was able to have a great time at my daughters wedding as everything went so smoothly.

Old Glory Ranch's reply:

It was a magical and beautiful day full of love and bluebonnets. Thank you for choosing Old Glory Ranch! Please stay in touch! We wish all of you much joy and happiness!
    Melanie T. Married on 04/05/2019

Awesome People to work with

Choosing Old Glory Ranch in Wimberley, Texas for our daughter’s wedding was an easy decision. On arrival to the venue for our tour with Karen, we fell in love with the flowered pastures with grazing miniature donkeys, the beautiful rustic chapel, and magnificent old sprawling trees. The chapel has lovely stained glass and large pieces of furniture that make decorating possibilities endless. OGR was very accommodating for my daughter’s engagement and bridal photos. Karen who worked with us through the entire process was amazing. Her mission was for the family to enjoy the process and on the big day to have nothing to think about but enjoying family and friends. Suzanne, owner of Old Glory Ranch, met with us for our design meeting. We had a few absolute choices for flowers and arrangements, but she was very helpful in offering additional possible design ideas and in some areas, we left it up to her and what she knew worked well. Floral and décor exceeded our expectations! The outside was decorated as beautifully as the inside. Carey, our event planner, created our timeline and the evening flowed perfectly. We live in Houston, but because communication was timely and detailed with all the staff, it allowed for flawless long- distance planning with just a couple onsite meetings. Having the freedom to utilize inside and outside made it a perfect evening for everyone. During the reception, guests had the option of enjoying inside with music and a dance floor with ample seating or relaxing outside on the patio or under beautifully lite trees while flickering lightening bugs joined in the festivities!
    Kristen G. Married on 02/11/2019

Beautiful!

We were married here in November, it was wonderful! Karen and Suzanne did a wonderful job coordinating with my mom, (and myself remotely, as I was out of state). Couldn't imagine a more perfect place, even with day of adjustments due to weather. Everything was so seamless and beautiful! Sweetest people and gorgeous venue. Everyone was impressed and had a WONDERFUL time!