Thomas Marchese Photography Reviews

30 | Monterey, CA

30 Reviews for Thomas Marchese Photography

Keri · Married on 04/21/2018

Thomas is absolutely the best! My wedding photos are incredible! He is personable, fantastic to work with, and most of all an amazing artist. We are thrilled with his work! My husband and I now consider him a friend. Grateful we found him.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Jenna · Married on 04/08/2018

Thomas was our photographer for our wedding and he is by far the most talented photographer I’ve ever seen! He fully understands photography and his work is unique and absolutely stunning! I’ve recommended him to all our family and friends and will definitely be using him again! Simply amazing!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Kayli · Married on 11/07/2017

Hire this man!!! Stop stressing, stop driving yourself mad with research, stop waffling between the insane # of choices there seem to be. Thomas Marchese Photography is the choice you need to make. Trust a loveable, slightly neurotic, but extremely thorough recently married woman who did all the research & made the best decision for her wedding: To hire this man.

The basics: Thomas is pretty much the coolest person ever. He is not only completely relatable & down to earth, but the utmost professional throughout the entire planning & event process. He doesn’t hold your photos hostage, or make you choose 200 & then charge you for anything else you want, or insist on a shot list so he can fluff his portfolio (which doesn’t need fluffing, more on that later)... Thomas delivered 719 - yes 719 - FULLY EDITED photos that make us look like the most bangin’ couple in the universe. We’re definitely not that cool!!! But you wouldn’t know it, because he made us look, and feel, like rockstars.

After feverishly calling photography studios that quoted me ridiculous gobs of money, I found Thomas Marchese here on Wedding Wire for our destination wedding and immediately wanted to fly up and meet him. He is kick-ass, talented, responsive, and AFFORDABLE!?!? Amazing. He didn’t nickel-and-dime us on the time either. He captured our day fully and completely, and even better than we knew it was in the moment. Every single one of my guests has an awesome shot I can now gift them.

Not convinced? This guy directed a documentary film that was nominated for the Hollywood Film Festival. Oh, and it WON Best Documentary in said film festival. If you don’t put stock in internet reviews you a) shouldn’t be reading this, and b) you don’t have to take my word for it, take the Film Festival’s!

Bottom line is my new hubby & I both could gush for 5 more pages about how kind, talented, humble, yet truly amazing this guy is - but the review is cutting us off. We love you Thomas - The Days

Sent on 03/05/2018

Angie · Married on 11/05/2017

I live in Florida, and my now fiancé was planning a special 40th birthday celebration for me in Napa and San Fransisco. Despite her continued efforts to plan the most incredible birthday trip ever, she also wanted to get me a gift. Time and time again, I had put her off when she would ask what I wanted for my birthday with, "I will let you know what I want when we get there." Secretly, the one thing I wanted for my birthday was to propose and for her to say "yes." However, I wanted the moment to remain with us for a lifetime so I started researching photographers within the Bay area who could capture the proposal. This was absolutely terrifying to say the least given that we were traveling across the country to have a photographer whom I had never met stalk us at the precise moment that I was going to ask left me with serious doubt that it would be possible. After contacting several photographers and not completely loving their work or feeling confident in the process I came across Thomas Marchese Photography!!!! I loved his style and quality of his work. I reached out to Thomas who responded very quickly and he was able to guide me along the way. We had several correspondences and he was exceptionally flexible. Thomas displayed amazing ninja-like skills and caught the proposal perfectly at the Palace of Fine Arts. He provided us with a glimpse of his work in less than 24 hours and we had access to our photo gallery within the week. We were also provided with a beautiful wooden USB drive with a copy to of all of our pictures. I simply cannot say enough good things about Thomas and our experience. He was so easy to work with and made us feel very comfortable. Our only wish was that we could use him for our wedding! He is incredible!!!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/12/2017

Thomas and his team were excellent! They were willing to work with us and get all of the pictures that we wanted and got some amazing shots. We couldn't be happier with the results and they were fun to work with throughout the day. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 06/24/2017

Thomas is AMAZING!
    Thomas from the very beginning was prompt with replies and answered all the questions I had. There really aren't enough positive words to share that could describe how good of a job he did, and how effortlessly he went above and beyond to help make our day special. While on our honeymoon we got an online link to a gallery of photos from the wedding. A couple months after we received a beautiful wooden box with a USB drive inside. The USB has over 1,000 photos. I cannot believe he captured that many shots, and edited them all for us. The photos are elegant, genuine, and unique. He has an eye for amazing lighting and capturing split-second moments. We LOVE all of our photos and couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Lyndsee · Married on 06/23/2017

Thomas is an amazing photographer! Can't wait to see all the photos!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Guy · Married on 11/19/2016

Super fantastic photographer! He made everything stress free and the photos are way way more than we could have ever hoped for! He showed on time and stayed till the end, we never felt like we were on a time limit. Do yourself a favor and get your wedding photos with Thomas. Just fantastic!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Hailey · Married on 11/12/2016

Wow! Thomas and his team were AMAZING! He was super flexible to work with and showed up early enough to get some really detailed shots that we fell in love with. He really pays attention to every detail and goes above and beyond to get some really incredible images. I was really impressed with how involved he was to insure we captured some unforgettable moments. If your wanting pictures that are very creative and a photographer who thinks outside of the box, Thomas and his team are the guys!

Thanks for everything,
    Chuck and Hailey

Carrie · Married on 10/22/2016

Thomas is a true artist. Take one look at his gallery and you'll see this. My husband and I got married on Pfeiffer beach at Big Sur and Thomas was our photographer. I love how he captured the awe inspiring beauty of our surroundings. Our photos are incredibly beautiful. They are beautifully shot and edited but they still look "real". It looks like us. Not a super edited/filtered version of us, but like the real us I know and love. He captured the day exactly how I lived and saw it and we all couldn't be happier. His laid back easy going personality was a huge plus. We felt completely comfortable with him.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Alison · Married on 09/24/2016

Hiring Thomas was easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He is professional, personable, and has a way of putting everyone at ease--even those who are notoriously camera shy. He is hard-working to the point of our guests commenting on it to us. He goes above and beyond to make sure things go smoothly. Thomas was the first person to notice that my husband forgot his dress shoes. When we were going to walk back to the reception venue following the post-ceremony photos, he gave us a lift instead. And last but hardly least: we are so thrilled with how our photos turned out. They are beautiful, dramatic, and really captured the day for us. We had a small-medium wedding (~45 people) and he managed to take at least one individual candid photo of every single guest. He caught classic expressions our friends and family make, creating photos that really show the spirit of these people he'd only just met. His assistant was also great. When our amazingly incompetent post office lost the first package he sent us, he dropped another in the mail to us right away--which thankfully we received! I can't recommend Thomas highly enough if you're looking for a photographer!

Brit · Married on 09/20/2016

I don't even know where to start. He is 5 star in every category you could come up with. 1st off I may have been the most over prepared bride out there. I literally emailed over 150 photographers (spent about 20 plus hours deciding on a photographer), as I wanted something very specific and wanted the absolute best. Photography was my number one most important thing I was spending money on. After emailing 40 photographers back, from the very beginning his professionalism and kindness stood out in his emails. It was so hard to pick, but I can say I'm soooo happy I picked Thomas. After meeting him it was so natural and he made me and my husband feel so comfortable, and he put our desires before his own. Any questions I had, he was always there with advice for the best backgrounds, angles, and lighting, and trust me HE KNOWS BEST. The photos were magazine spread quality and trust me I know I worked in the modeling industry for a 3rd of my life plus. He is under priced in comparison to his competition and is one of the kindest photographers I've ever met. You can't go wrong with Thomas if you want amazing images, a little worried about writing this review because I want to book him in the future, hope he still has time for us :D

Sent on 10/17/2016

When I got engaged, I knew a wedding a photographer was one thing that I didn't want to skimp on. Thomas was SUPER speedy to respond to my initial inquiry and throughout the planning months, he was always patient and quick to respond to any questions. As a bride, that was huge! I wanted to feel like my photographer had his stuff together, especially if I were to spend a few thousand dollars on making memories last. Furthermore, you won't meet someone as professional, artistic or laid back as Thomas. He works with your schedule and is willing to negotiate with you to work on a photography package that works with your budget. I am absolutely in love with my engagement pictures as well as the wedding pictures that I've seen so far. He's well worth the money, which was a good value by the way and he has a great eye for photography. I would definitely recommend him to any bride in the monterey area!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Kim · Married on 07/27/2016

Thomas Marchese is absolutely the best and most talented photographer! Our photos look timeless, classic, and artistic! We love them so much, and we couldn't be happier! Thomas captured our love story and most special day in our lives in such a romantic way! His love, talent, and passion in photography show through with the images, as well as his work ethic and demeanor! He is also very flexible and took his time to photograph us in different backgrounds and best possible locations! He was so pleasant to work with and truly cares about his clients' happiness and art! Thank you so much for the beautiful photos, which we will enjoy for the rest of our lives, as we relive our wonderful memories and once in a lifetime event!

Sent on 08/21/2016
  • kimberly

kimberly · Married on 07/02/2016

Holy LORD!!!! This company is absolutely, exactly what we were looking for in a photographer for our ranch wedding! These guys were on point, every great shot was taken and they were SO SO VERY PATIENT!!! My 3 yr old daughter was being a pill while the girls were getting ready(of course) lol and they never flinched! Our wedding was very natural and all the elements were there and could have possibly caused some problems... yet the pics did NOT suffer, nor did the professionalism of the company. My favorite pic was the one where we were asked to go out in the middle of the dessert and take a crazy cool pic under the Milkyway, Thomas said "trust me", and WE DID!!!!! GOSH, are we happy that we trusted him! This picture was out of a princess story book! Thomas' brain works in a very artistic manner, exactly what we wanted for our one and only wedding photographer. We were never rushed, we never felt awkward and just loved them to pieces. We are very camera shy people, so I know that he had a difficult time making us look "good". Our photos are AMAZING, thanks so very much!!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Chris · Married on 06/25/2016

Thomas was amazing. Our pictures came out as beautiful as the ones in his listing and he was a ton of fun to work with. He got great shots of our family and was a great guest at the reception. We wanted pictures that were more than just shots of who was there and what happened and he delivered tons of dramatic, breath-taking pictures. We both highly recommend him to any couple.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Laurie · Married on 05/18/2016

There is nothing but positive things to say about my experience with Thomas. I'm from Toronto and eloped in Carmel. I found Thomas on a Google Search and basically put my wedding into his hands. He even recommended the location of where we got married. He was fabulous and the pictures turned out beautiful!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Jeanne · Married on 10/31/2015

Hiring Thomas Marchese as our photographer was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding in October of 2015. Thomas's relaxed personality and awesome sense of humor are second only to his absolute professionalism, attention to detail, and obviously fantastic photography skill.

We envisioned a cliffside Big Sur wedding, formal, yet nature-inspired, and wanted the photographs of their event to reflect that spirit (with one important guideline: no cliché pics!). Thomas understood fully, and in the end, we have in our possession a thousand spectacular images. The only regrettable part of the experience was realizing that our walls weren't big enough to display all of them! Fortunately, Thomas provides his digital originals, so we will be able to rotate through them for a lifetime!

Thomas and his assistant were a joy to work with from start to finish. Meeting him in person before the wedding was fantastic--he is prompt, genuine, candid, and so enthusiastic. On the day of the wedding, he was lightning-fast with the shutter, and never obtrusive. In fact, when looking at the photos, so many times we said, "How did he get that shot? We didn't even see him there!" We never once felt rushed, and he was all about staying late to capture some beautiful late-night shots that ended up really rounding out the complete feel of the day.

To paraphrase something Thomas said at our first meeting, "It's really important that you feel comfortable with the person who will be following you around on your wedding day!" So true!

We are a choosy bunch (I work as a curator in an art gallery and the groom as a camera engineer!) but we can easily say that we would hire Thomas Marchese again in a heartbeat.

Thank you, Thomas!
    Jeanne and Duane Petrovich
    San Francisco, CA

Sent on 06/06/2016
  • W

Win · Married on 08/23/2015

Thomas DELIVERS! He is dedicated to his craft and we're grateful to have him as a photographer for our wedding last year. We had researched A LOT of local and out of town photographers and selected him for our engagement shoot because we loved his photography style based the images on his website. My husband and I both love photography and really loved Thomas' style (use of light, angles, depth) that wonderfully captured the Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur beauty. Because he's local and grew up in the area, he knew all the cool spots (and perfect times) to get the beautiful shots so we were able to plan our agenda around those tips. After meeting him for our engagement photo shoot, we loved the photos he took and just as important, we realized we would really enjoy working with him on our wedding day. While some other photographers also had beautiful portfolios like Thomas, his sincere desire to make it the best experience for the bride/groom really sets him apart from the other photographers we met with. Thomas really strives to work with the bride/groom's style and meet their needs. His price is very competitive and his delivery of the photographs was amazingly fast. We received our engagement photos in less than a week, received a first look of our wedding photos in less than 48hrs and received our full set of photos shortly after (in a beautiful wood carved commemorative USB/box, very snazzy and pretty attention to detail)! Throughout the planning process, he was really responsive with quick/thorough replies on any questions, never impatient, and always professional with great follow through. Honestly, we were so very blessed to have found Thomas. He’s just a great guy, wonderful to work with (a huge blessing on a stressful, busy day!) and who also happens to be an amazing photographer. No wonder he’s won so many awards! He's a true professional who really enjoys his work and it's a joy to work with someone who loves his work! We highly recommend him!

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

I wish I could give Thomas more than 5 stars. He is absolutely AMAZING to work with. He has such a creative eye. I had full confidence in him on my wedding day. It took so much stress off of me knowing that he would capture everything perfectly. His wife came with him to assist and she is an absolute doll. It was refreshing to see a husband and wife team work together as a team. They were both so helpful throughout the entire day. My only problem is that I now have so many breathtaking photos, that I do not have enough walls to put them on!

Thank you again, Thomas. BRIDES- HE IS THE ONE TO CHOOSE!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Karen · Married on 06/12/2015

My best friend used Thomas Marchese Photography for her wedding & I was her MOH so I was very involved In helping her choose vendors & schedule appointments for her etc. Through all of my research through helping her she decided to go with Thomas Marchese Photography. Thomas is extremely down to earth & easy to talk to. I didn't feel intimidated at all when he took pictures of us for the wedding party. He made us feel extremely comfortable. He is extremely flexible with meeting & discussing what my friend wanted. His Photogrpahy is original & unique. He is a true natural. We liked him so much that we chose to have him do our maternity photos. We absolutely loved them. We will be using his photography for more upcoming special events.

Sent on 11/07/2015

John · Married on 05/02/2015

Thomas simply has an amazing eye. He took literally hundreds of great shots, every one of them worthy of framing. He also captured 3 of my all time most cherished photos I will ever have in my life of my parents at my wedding.. He caught the most perfect unforgettable moments. His sensitivity to capture these kind of shots is worth every single penny you will spend. Truly one of the most important and best spent parts of our wedding budget.

Sent on 01/19/2016
  • F

Fresca · Married on 02/03/2015

Thomas was very accommodating as I was looking for a photographer last minute. I had a small, intimate wedding on the beach with 30 people. He gave me a great price, and gave us so much time, even extended the amount of time we initially talked about. He and his wife took care of us, made us comfortable, and asked for our feedback. Our pictures turned out wonderful, we can't wait to print them for our album! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Eliane · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I were so happy Thomas did our pictures, they all turned out amazing! If you have him take your photos you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Reyna · Married on 06/28/2014

Thomas is the BEST!! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Thomas is easy to work with, efficient, has great attention to detail, a calm and professional demeanor, and has a great sense of humor.

His experience and skill set in cinematography allowed him to capture the magic and special moments on our wedding day. His photos are not your typical wedding photos - they are truly one of a kind. He provides enough guidance to get great pictures but not so much that they are overly staged.

I highly recommend Thomas Marchese Photography for your photography needs! He is a hidden gem in the Monterey Bay!

Sent on 07/08/2014