Picturist Photography

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5,200 Most Popular Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5,200 Most Popular Price

Picturist Photography is a wedding photography company based out of Aptos, California. Owner and lead photographer, Danieka Erasmus, is adept at capturing candid and dramatic moments as they unfold. Her distinctive style is characterized by its combination of photojournalist, cinematic, and contemporary aesthetics. Saturated with raw emotion and illuminated with vibrant colors, her images are sure to delight you and your loved ones.

Operating under a one-event-per-day policy, Picturist Photography guarantees that each wedding they serve will receive their undivided attention. Danieka can be joined by a second photographer upon request and offers additional hours for couples who want every magical moment captured. An array of photography items are available, such as albums, canvases, digital files, and prints. Danieka is also happy to conduct portrait and engagement photoshoots.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,500

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Multi. Locations
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$5,200

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Multi. Locations
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Avery G. Married on 10/01/2022

Amazing Photographer

Danieka was such a pleasure to work with! Very professional, warm and kind. I knew we were in good hands as soon as we met! She gave us direction with a gentle hand that was so invaluable to us inexperienced posers! She was so helpful with setting the timeline of the day and helping keep us on schedule. Truly an invaluable asset to our wedding! I love every single photo! She has a great eye for getting the best backdrops and lighting. We got plenty of amazing staged portraits and candid style photos. Photography was very important to me when planning my wedding and I am so happy they turned out even better than I expected! I am so grateful to Danieka for making us look so beautiful and getting such gorgeous photos of our special day!

Picturist Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave a review! I am so glad that you had a pleasant experience working with me. It was truly a pleasure to work with you both as well. I understand how important photography is when planning a wedding, and I am glad that I was able to exceed your expectations. I am humbled that you found my direction to be gentle and helpful, and that you appreciated my help with the timeline of the day. I am so glad you love every single photo, it was my aim to capture all the beautiful moments of your special day. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of your wedding and to have captured such beautiful memories for you. Thank you again for choosing me as your photographer.
  • Eric
    Eric Married on 08/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great wedding memories thanks to Danieka!

Danieka is an amazing wedding photographer and she did a wonderful job for our engagement shoot and for our wedding. We have hundreds of beautiful, candid photos capturing every moment of our wedding, including unique shots that truly wowed us and our guests. In addition, she is very approachable and did a great job making my wife and I all feel comfortable as neither of us had done professional photos before.

Finally, Danieka went above and beyond by sharing a wedding day of timeline with a suggested sequence of events and timing that helped us run ahead of schedule on our wedding day.

From the very outset, Danieka was a joy to work with. From communication, to punctuality, to capturing amazing photos and memories, we couldn't be happier and would wholeheartedly recommend her!

Picturist Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave a review! I am so glad that you had such a positive experience working with me. Capturing candid and unique shots of your special day and making you feel comfortable during the photo sessions was my priority, I'm delighted that I was able to achieve that. I am humbled that you found my approachable and that my suggestions on the wedding day timeline helped you to run ahead of schedule. I strive to go above and beyond for my clients and I am glad that it made a positive impact on your wedding day. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of your engagement shoot and wedding, and for capturing such beautiful memories for you. Thank you again for choosing me as your photographer.
  • illustration stars

Team

Danieka Erasmus
Danieka Erasmus
Owner / Photographer

Hi, I'm Danieka Erasmus...

I'm the owner and photographer of Picturist Photography, a wedding photography company based in Santa Cruz, California.

After spending a year in the Netherlands touring excellent Museums and hidden Art Galleries, I decided to study Fine Arts. This, in turn, led me to photography.

Growing in Apartheid South Africa, I remember the photographs that made the world see what was really happening in the country. The photo by Sam Nzima of Hector Pieterson, a schoolboy, shot and killed by police during the Soweto uprising changed my whole life. It showed just how powerful tool photography could be.

The Art Nouveau movement has always been one of my favorites. Works like Gustav Klimt's the kiss is timelessly beautiful and joyous. I wanted to create work like that!

"To give people pleasure in the things they must use, [and] to give people pleasure in the things they must make"

This is how William Morris, one of the founders of Art Nouveau, described the movement's goal. Wedding photography is where I found this. It is the perfect blend of photojournalism and Fine Art!

I have been Capturing genuine, raw emotions while making creative, unique works of art since 2014 and could not imagine doing anything else!

The Barns at Cooper Molera
4.7 out of 5 rating , 27 Reviews
路 Country Club Weddings

2853 Wimbledon drive Aptos, CA, 95003
831 428 3925
Location of (Picturist Photography)

Other vendors in Monterey for your wedding