The Deep Light Company

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,250 Most Popular Price

My friends!

I am Bobby.

(And I'm stoked to have you here)

I live in Santa Cruz. Cleveland born and raised-- though I lived in the high mountains of Colorado for almost a decade too--- photographing and snowboarding and kayaking and climbing.

I love looking for the magic and the beauty of the mundane moment. I love that, moment to moment, regardless of what's happening, that there's something extraordinary to be seen.

I’m the owner and founder here at the Deep Light Company, and your main guy behind the lens (although the whole team is rad!)

I love seeing you light up and think our best work comes from the organic, unplanned, and spontaneous good. No posing and forcing— just the ease, your connection and the wildness. Thats where the magic is.

If there’s a body of water near your shoot, I’ll probably be in there neck deep attempting to get some rad image for you.

I’m big into laughter, keeping it light-hearted, looking for flow and the bright side of things— glass perpetually half-full. I also might make some mildly inappropriate ’that’s what she said’ jokes, haha.

I love when everyone is relaxed and themselves and uncensored in front of the camera-- nothing unnatural or repressed--- so that when couples look back, they just remember that fun and that ease, full of laughter and love.

When I’m not editing and shooting and scouting for the strongest, raddest locations for engagements and elopements, I’m probably basking in the sun, drinking copious amounts of tea and meditating.

And if I’m not doing that, you’ll find me surfing or out climbing and bouldering.

Let's capture what makes your hearts beat hardest, together.

And please! I invite you to look at my website at the galleries there, and to fill out that “Book me!” form if you’re inquiring!

www.deeplightco.com

Voted best of weddings by both Wedding Wire and the Knot!

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2850

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3250

Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Albums
Prints
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints
Save the Date

• Lindsey
    Lindsey Married on 09/11/2021

He'll go above and beyond to get the awesome shots!

My husband and I do not like being in front of the camera. Well, we don't like being in front of the camera for boring, posed, stuffy, forced photos. And that's why we hired Bobby. He is super personable and made us feel at ease and natural in front of the camera. He quickly got our vibe and leaned into it. Very intuitive and talented - his photos convey this great harmony of lighting, composition, storytelling, and emotion. And we love that he's into candid shots because we really didn't want to be stopped all the time for posed photos. We didn't even know Bobby was there most of the time - it was perfect. His pricing is reasonable, great quality, great communication, and overall just an awesome guy. Thanks for getting us to have fun and enjoy being in front of the camera!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie P. Married on 09/01/2021

Fun and super friendly!

Bobby was so much fun to work with and was very helpful in picking shoot locations. My Fiancé and I are not big photo people but would definitely do a shoot again with Bobby. The shoot locations were beautiful and the photos came out amazing!

We highly recommended.
    Savanna S. Married on 08/07/2021

Bobby is a Gem!

Bobby should be your #1 choice if you have a wedding or need epic photos. He was easy and fun to work with, was a calm voice amidst what can normally be wedding chaos, and is a genuinely great human. We’re so thankful we found this Santa Cruz gem (I’m sure he’ll travel too if you aren’t local ;) We’ve just received our sneak peek and we can’t wait for all of our photos!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Deals

The Deep Light Company 1
Exclusive

150 Jewell St Santa Cruz, CA, 95060
216-438-8364
Location of (The Deep Light Company)

The Deep Light Company frequently asked questions

What photography services does The Deep Light Company include in the starting price?

The Deep Light Company includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files

What photography services does The Deep Light Company include in their most popular wedding package?

The Deep Light Company includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Albums
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What photography styles does The Deep Light Company offer?

The Deep Light Company offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional

What photography services does The Deep Light Company offer?

The Deep Light Company offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does The Deep Light Company offer for wedding events?

The Deep Light Company offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend The Deep Light Company and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Deep Light Company is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does The Deep Light Company offer?

The Deep Light Company currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Monterey for your wedding