The Silk Veil Events by Ivy Reviews

85 | Charlotte, NC

85 Reviews for The Silk Veil Events by Ivy

Nadra · Married on 06/23/2012

I couldn't have planned my wedding without Ivy. The amount of time saved contacting vendors is worth the money for a wedding coordinator. She customized a package for me that fit my budget. She got me in touch with great vendors. She addressed issues as they arouse and kept my stress level down. The day of my wedding I did not have to worry about a thing and it was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Candice · Married on 09/21/2018

3.0

Excellent wedding coordinator! I used Ivy’s services for the day of coordinator. Had I done my research I would have used the more extensive service she offers. She’s very good with budgets which is why I upset I didn’t find her sooner. Great personality as well was a pleasure working with her.

Sent on 09/30/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/30/2016

Ivy was great to work with. She is worth much more than she charges. She was my wild card vendor based on some interactions throughout planning, but everything went very smoothly the weekend of the wedding. She's very straight forward which is a pro and a con. I know there were times when she needed answers that I didn't have and that stressed me. She definitely knows what she's doing, but I wish she would have provided more advice/recommendations throughout my planning process rather than just at the final meeting. For the quality of work for the price, I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Hadley · Married on 04/05/2014

3.5

Very good at organizing everyone at the rehearsal

Sent on 04/28/2014

Lacey · Married on 05/14/2011

Ivy was great to work with. She definitely helped things run WAYYY smoother than they would have without her! The General Manager of the Country Club (my venue) was also VERY impressed with her. I would definitely recommend the Silk Veil.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Robyn · Married on 10/09/2010

Ivy was a life saver for our wedding. Although her Day of Service package was fantastic, I would recommend that brides procure her services sooner in the planning process rather than later. Ivy has a number of excellent and revendor contacts that I was able to leverage (including a last minute DJ) to save money without sacrificing quality. I can only imagine how much money Ivy could saved me had I involved her at the very beginning of my planning process.

Sent on 12/06/2010

krystle · Married on 10/23/2010

2.5
      2.5

I live in Myrtle Beach and the wedding took place in Gastonia NC. I only got to sit down with the planner twice, from March till the wedding Oct 23rd. I do understand that it was hectic for the both of us to meet but I felt like I did more of the organzing and my cousin who took care of everything two weeks prior to the wedding day. She flew in from England to help because I needed alot of help. I met with the planner one day in March for the deposit of the payment and one day in the summer at the wedding site. I tryed to meet up a couple of times and nothing seemed to go right. BUT one thing I can say is the wedding and reception looked amazing. Still upset that noone contacted the flower shop to see where the rest of the flowers were. Did my planner not have all my vendors numbers, did I not communicate enough with her? PLEASE communicating with the right people is the key for everything to be perfect. My cousin may have not told her everything, I may not have communicated enough either. You have to ask all the right questions. May be I should have be involved more. Good company overall just wished there was more commincating.

If you live in the Charlotte and surrounding areas I would reccomend them. Out of State a little tough unless you have someone communicating with them and meeting up with them. I couldnt, I work full time and love four hours away. No one else was there in NC to communicate with the planner.

PS it was an indian and christian wedding ceremonies in the morning and in the evening the reception. HECTIC for them and the hotel planner.

Sent on 11/08/2010
  • User4194809 · 2+ years ago

2.6
      3.5
      0.0

She made sure everything went off without a hitch. The party was perfect and I had no stress because everything was taken care of. She is an excellent planner and has great quality of work. However, her attitude towards my other vendors was unnecessary. She insulted every person I had there volunteering to help. My guests commented how rude she was over and over again. My entire bridal party was insulted as well. She has great potential if she will lose the attitude. Her assistant was wonderful and so sweet! So thankful for her!

Sent on 03/25/2015

The Silk Veil Events by Ivy's reply:

I wanted to thank you for your kind words. My assistant also thanks you. Now to reply to the 2nd half of your review. Wedding Wire only allows 2000 characters so I had to condense this reply. The facts are as follows:
    *WE WERE HIRED AS YOUR DAY OF COORDINATOR. We ended up as your caterer. You choose to have food delivered so I spent the day setting up flatware, glassware, dishes, chaffing dishes in the main room and kitchen, staging, setting up cocktail hour, setting up the bar, serving, cleaning, etc. PLUS doing my job as a Day of Coordinator*WE WERE HIRED FOR 8 HOURS, time to start at 3:30. Our day actually started at 11am due to the high volume of things to take care. Do you think you wedding would have gone off without a hitch if I started at the allotted time?*WE WERE PROMISED 2 MAIN ASSISTANTS AND A FEW FAMILY MEMBERS TO ASSIST. Only one of the two arrived and the one that did arrive was late. By the time this person showed up we setup everything! This person was supposed to replenish food and serve during cocktail hour. This did not happen, as this person was MIA. This person was suppose to work on the food line, this person was too busy in and out of the kitchen. A vendor’s daughter actually stepped in to help. The other “assistants” that you refer to as vendors were dressed in cocktail dresses and ill equipped to assist without getting dirty. IN CONCLUSION: We did the job of 5. *YOUR GUEST AND WEDDING PARTY FELT THEY COULD ENTER THE KITCHEN ALL NIGHT. This is a liability. *YOUR GUEST WAS INTOXICATED DUE TO THE OPEN SELF-SERVE BAR. Many could not even walk. Enough Said on that topic. • PLEASE NOTE: We love constructive criticism. We cannot improve or grow without it. As I told you on the phone and email, A vague comment or review is useless without detail which you refuse to give. Thank you for the experience. I have updated my contract to make sure this does not happen again.

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2014

1.8
      2.0

I used The Silk Veil as my day of coordinator for my Aug 2014 wedding and my experience was not very good at all. Three weeks out, we finalized ALL details with the venue coordinator and everything looked great. Fast forward to 4 DAYS prior to my wedding and the venue coordinator is calling me asking why she hasn't received Ivy's final timeline. I try and contact her and get no response. The next day, I receive a timeline via email and notice an different person's name listed as coordinator. I have to call her to get clarification. 3 DAYS before my wedding, she assigns a different person to be my coordinator stating something has come up and she needs to be at a different wedding. This new coordinator I have never met or spoken to and my venue coordinator had never met or spoken to. This coordinator is new and has never coordinated on her own. I understand things come up, but for her to assign herself to a different wedding party so late in the game and stick me with someone with no experience is very unprofessional. And the fact that she was not proactive in communicating the change and I had notice it and ask her, is beyond unprofessional. There were many mistakes made due to this last minute change. The new coordinator had my bridesmaids walk down the isle arm in arm with groomsmen into the ceremony rather than walking on their own! I was livid as Ivy and I had discussed what I wanted and it was in the paperwork. Other hiccups occurred and I know that my wedding/reception was executed as nicely as it did due to the venue coordinator who silently stepped up to fill in the gaps. Our venue coordinators at VLE went above and beyond to fix the shortcomings. I voiced my displeasure to Ivy afterward, who apologized and admitted that my wedding did fall through the cracks due to her daughter having a baby, and offered a 50% refund, which I never received! Beware, she does not follow through with what she says! Would not recommend!received

Sent on 02/17/2015
  • Alicia

Alicia Valenski · Married on 12/15/2018

Disappointed

I was incredibly disappointed with Lisa as a coordinator. Multiple people made comments to me about her being bad at her job without any prompting from me. She did not make our day better or easier.

She didn't seem to know what was going on at the rehearsal or the day of the wedding. She repeatedly asked questions that we had already gone over AND that were written down in the schedule SHE provided as well as the script I printed for her for the ceremony. When unexpected issues arose her response was "It is what it is" rather than fixing problems (example: when the mother of the groom asked if there was somewhere to put coats, she just said no instead of looking into a solution for where coats should go... then the mother of the groom had to figure out the solution). She repeatedly came to me with tons of questions which added stress rather than alleviating it.

My maid of honor and matron of honor basically coordinated the wedding on their own, along with my contacts at the ceremony venue and reception venue.

I reached out to Ivy, owner at The Silk Veil, the day after our wedding to let her know about this experience. She said she was surprised to hear negative feedback about Lisa, she apologized, she asked me to give her a few days to look into the issue... and it’s been 5 months and I haven’t heard anything further.

We paid a good chunk of change for Lisa to make our wedding day less stressful. She did not.

Based on my experience, I would not recommend The Silk Veil to any of my friends getting married in the Charlotte area.

Sent on 05/05/2019