The Silk Veil Events by Ivy Reviews

85 | Charlotte, NC

85 Reviews for The Silk Veil Events by Ivy

Megan · Married on 09/03/2011

Ivy was the best investment we made. She is easy to work with, very intelligent and charming. I really don't feel as though my vocabulary can truly give her the credit that she deserves. She made my special day as care-free and smooth as possible. She handles her business like no one I've ever met, deals with all of the contacts so that you don't have to and directs the entire "cast" of your day like it was what she was born to do. Not only did I build a great business partnership with this woman ( I will be referring all of my friends to her ) but I really feel that I came away with a new friend!

Sent on 09/05/2011

Ashleigh · Married on 04/30/2011

Ivy was a great choice for my wedding planner! She was such a huge help... I didnt want to worry about anything on my wedding day and she made that happen! I would refer any bride to be to Ivy Honeycutt. She was even able to transform my very simple church into a beautiful, romantic & candle lit space. It looked exactly like the vision I had in my head. She was worth every penny : )

Sent on 06/02/2011

nicole · Married on 04/16/2011

If you are lookiing for organization, professionalism and friendlieness, go with Ivy of Silk Veil. She put all my fears to rest regarding my wedding day. I hired her as the "day of" coordinator so I wouldn't have to stress on my big day and she was well worth the extra expense. She made sure the day went smooth and didn't leave until she had everything in place according to my specs. We met to discuss the details of the day and she contacted all vendors, gave out schedules, and organized the wedding party. I really appreciated her patience when I got a little picky!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Annissa · Married on 09/10/2010

We loved working with Ivy. She helped make our day exactly what we envisioned. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Carly · Married on 09/05/2010

My husband and I loved working with Ivy and the Silk Veil while planning our wedding. The Silk Veil took care of so many details that we didn't have time to do or didn't think of. Our wedding day was much less stressfull thanks to the Silk Veil. Thank you to Ivy and the Silk Veil for helping to make our wedding day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Christy · Married on 08/07/2010

Ivy was WONDERFUL to work with! Our wedding would not have gone smoothly if we wouldn't have had Ivy & The Silk Veil working with us. Her and her assistant made sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it to be and I can honestly say I have never been to a wedding that was as organized as mine! I can't say enough good about Ivy!

Sent on 08/19/2010

Latavia · Married on 07/24/2010

I loved working with Ivy. I started working on my wedding a year in advance and she was there for me every second of every minute throughout the entire year. She was so sweet and kept me calm through it all. Anytime I needed something, no matter how "last minute" or how "indecisive" I was lol! Ivy was there and never complained. She made sure our special day was smooth and in order. The ceremony and reception turned out exactly the way I pictured it! Ivy is a sweet heart and I love her dearly. I strongly recommend her for any event! I plan on calling her for my baby shower hopefully soon :)
    Thank Ivy!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Alicia · Married on 06/12/2010

I used the Silk Veil as my Day of Cordination. Ivy did an excellent job with my wedding. I had a vision of what I wanted and she took it to another level. She went above and beyond her job. I really thank her from the bottom of my heart. My wedding was beautiful.

Sent on 06/14/2010
  • Gyrlye

Kristin · Married on 05/09/2010

Ivy is nothing short of amazing! I hired her for mostly "Day of Planning" All along the way she made sure I had everything in order, payments made, and contracts organized. She really helped keep everyone on task and focused during our very short rehearsal. "Day of" she was indispensible! I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding and leave the worry up to her! Couldn't have done it without her and her wonderful assistant! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 05/22/2010

Courtney · Married on 04/24/2010

I think that EVERYONE should have Ivy plan their wedding! She was professional, kind, organized, and a joy to work with. Ivy could see the vision that I had for my wedding and she made it happen. She made my wedding planning 100% stress free. I could not have pictured my big day being any more wonderful and I know it was because I had Ivy to lead the whole thing!!!

Sent on 05/16/2010

Megan · Married on 04/09/2010

Ivy was fantastic to work with. She was always quick to respond anytime I called or emailed. She helped me through any crisis and through all the emotions. She is organized and detail oriented. I cannot imagine what my wedding day would have been like without her. In all honesty, she doesn't charge enough for all the she does!! She was amazing.

Sent on 05/16/2010
  • I

Irene · Married on 09/12/2009

Ivy was a huge help in helping me with my daughter's wedding, took care of all the little details that I forgot or didn't have time to do, and I would recommend her highly to anyone planning a wedding! She is very detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and works well with vendors, etc. I couldn't have done it without her! She also saved us from potential disaster by reviewing the contracts (the rental company had us listed as an evening reception, when the reception actually started at 11 am) to make sure they were correct. I can't think of enough positive things to say about her and her business!

Sent on 09/18/2009

Taylor · Married on 08/15/2009

Ivy did a wonderful job. My situation was a little different because I had done all of the wedding planning by myself. I needed her to coordinate the rehearsal and ceremony due to me having a very large wedding party. She went with the flow and got myself and my wedding party organized for the big day. We had a few snags on wedding day, but she handled them very well and took over dealing with them so I didnt have to. If I had not wanted to do most of the work myself, I would have definitely hired her for more than just coordination. She did a wonderful job and things would not have run as smooth without her.

Danielle · Married on 07/25/2009

Amazing is the only word to describe ivy! She is worth more than gold!

Lindsay · Married on 07/18/2009

Hiring Ivy at The Silk Veil was one of the best decisions we made when it came to our wedding. She helped us with every detail of planning. Our wedding day was so stress free and fun thanks to everything that she did. The event was PERFECT!

Sent on 09/16/2009

Rhonda · Married on 04/11/2009

The Silk Veil went above and beyond what was depicted in the initial contract. They were always there when I needed them in wedding crisis'. I recommend anyone getting married in the Charlotte area to use The Silk Veil. You won't be disappointed!

Mandy · Married on 03/26/2017

Ivy was the best!!! She was on top of her game and made sure everything went perfect for our wedding!!! We had a few game time changes and she rolled with them like that was the plan the whole time. Could not have done the wedding and reception without her!!! If you think you don't need any help day of, you are wrong!!! Hire Ivy and you will not have any regrets!!!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Nkechi · Married on 08/10/2013

Ivy and her team did an amazing job! Ivy was completely dependable and very professional in resolving any issue that came up. From the beginning she made me feel it was all about me as she tried to capture my vision. We had a beautiful wedding and could not have done it without the Silk Veil.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Marcia · Married on 10/06/2012

Ivy coordinated my wedding day events and was very professional, punctual, and easy to work with. Ivy customized a package to fit my needs and her prices were reasonable for the quality of service provided. Ivy ensured that my day was exactly how I envisioned. It was a pleasure working with Ivy.

The Happy Bride

Sent on 10/08/2012

Kathy · Married on 03/20/2010

As a MOG living three states away, no knowledge of the Charlotte area, plus zero response from the bride to any questions I had--I was getting desperate. Taking a chance, I found Ivy via Google and that was my lucky day. I needed 'day of' services and Ivy connected me with exactly what I wanted/needed, did it all by phone and email. Sadly, Ivy was ill the time I spent in Charlotte for my son's wedding, we didn't get a chance to meet. I would also like to add that Ivy did a marvelous job of 'wedding psychology counselor'! I am remiss not doing this feedback to her website much earlier.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Brianna · Married on 05/25/2017

Ivy was AMAZING! We had a rowdy bridal party and Ivy was not afraid to take control and make sure we rehearsed properly, stayed on cue and made it to everything when we were supposed to. She kept everything organized the day of and was on top of her game for the wedding. Whenever I needed her, she was only a few steps away. She was prepared for things that I couldn't have imagined (my bustle broke while dancing) and she was there with pins to get it back together. I loved having Ivy as my day of coordinator and my wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was without her!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Ali · Married on 09/24/2016

I was very impressed with Ivy, the owner of the company. I went with the Day of Services from the Silk Veil. Ivy was in contact with me for months before the wedding sorting out the details; she even came to the venue walk through with me. My day-of coordinator was Cheryl. She was very helpful. I feel like I hardly saw her during the ceremony and reception, but every time I asked her about something or where something was, she said it was already taken care of. I appreciated how she got things done behind the scenes. It did, however, seem like she did not fully read or know the plan that I had put together with Ivy, To be honest, I was very frustrated with the rehearsal dinner because of it - it seemed like everything I had mapped out with Ivy, she did not know or tried to change. Overall though, I know that the day would not have gone off anywhere near as smoothly without Silk Veil.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kristen · Married on 12/13/2014

Ivy/Silk Veil Events was amazing. My fiance and I hired The Silk Veil about year away from our wedding to help us find vendors and to help us design our wedding. Ivy helped us find our caterer, officiant, florist, dj, lighting and my super amazing make-up artist in addition to helping us come with ideas for the style and look of our wedding. Between her and our florist (April's Floral Expressions) the wedding was even more than what we wanted.

Day of coordination was amazing. If you can't do full or partial wedding planning - do the day of coordination. She kept everyone on schedule and focused. The wedding went off without a hitch. If you ask her to make sure no one uses cell phones or other forms of technology - you will not see a cell phone, iPhone, iPad, iWhatever in the room. She even walked my husband and I through what we needed to do to make sure our cake cutting photos/video came out well. She stayed on top of our bar situation (we had a host bar) to let us know when we were close to maxing out our budget; she found ziploc bags for leftover food because I forgot to buy takeout boxes.

I took of my shoes on the dancefloor to move around better, she came and got them. I know I'm missing things - but she just made the day go by so smoothly. All of my guests were talking about how awesome she was. I really can't thank The Silk Veil enough! Our wedding probably would've been a mess without her and her guidance.

She's got a good eye for detail and wants to make sure that your wedding day goes as smoothly and is as beautiful as possible. Listen to her advice. She cares as much about your wedding as you do!

Sent on 01/08/2015
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 05/05/2013

I absolutely love Ivy!! From our first initial email, she was there for me. She always responded in a timely manner. A few times, I feel she went above and beyond. This is not just a job for her, this is her life and she knows what she is doing. A few times, my husband felt she was overstepping because she is quite head strong, lol. I assured him, it’s for a reason and when he seen the end result and how happy and at peace I was during the process, he then understood and gave hats off to Ivy. She made my day a WONDERFUL day!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Kaycee · Married on 03/15/2013

I would absolutely recommend The Silk Veil Events by Ivy!! We got married outside in a park that required a little more attention to some of the directing duties but Ivy pulled it off like a champ! She is very nice, easy to talk to, professional, affordable, and amazing at what she and her staff do! From devising an order of events for the entire wedding day to making the rehearsal quick and painless to even picking up 6,000 flower petals off the grass after the ceremony, Ivy was/is an expert and would make a valuable attribute to any event - believe me, I know from experience!

Sent on 03/30/2013