The King's Daughters Inn Reviews

25 | Durham, NC

25 Reviews for The King's Daughters Inn

Annie · Married on 09/02/2017

I don't even know where to start in writing the review for how absolutely incredible everything was about the King's Daughters Inn. When my husband and I toured the KDI in July 2016, we met with Denel who was so kind and warm. From there, we knew we had to take advantage of the beauty and convenience of the KDI for our wedding weekend. Every person we interacted with at the inn from (Denel, Faustine, Meaghan, Evonne) were so considerate and patient. I don't know how they found each other, but I am so glad they did!

We had a huge wedding party (23 attendants total) and had the entire wedding party with dates stay at the KDI (total of 43 people) for the Friday and Saturday nights of our wedding weekend. This was seriously one of the best decisions we made. We had the entire inn to ourselves so our relaxing time during the weekend was spent with our favorite people. We brought in snacks and alcohol which the staff at the KDI served along with afternoon tea and the most delicious brunch. They also served port and chocolate at turn-down.

Although the rooms were more expensive than more hotels in Durham, they are SO worth it. You are getting so much more than a hotel room at the KDI. You are getting incredible service, a beautiful setting, and the most comfortable rooms. I could not recommend this venue more highly for a wedding "home base!"

Sent on 09/25/2017

Amy · Married on 02/24/2017

With the family-reunion intimacy that only a bed 'n breakfast could offer, the gourmet breakfast that you'd expect from a 5* restaurant, the linens that must be found in (or straight from) Heaven, the antique heirloom flare of Southern Living, the Ivy League appeal of Duke across the street, the ah-at-last-complimentary shot of bedtime port with chocolate...need I go on? The King's Daughters Inn derives its name from a home of hospitality that the Duke family founded a century ago & which the current Innkeepers maintain with endless energy & unbounded creativity. Their attention to décor detail, culinary comfort, Southern charm, & much more provides a vintage venue for (as with our over-the-top experience) a wedding & reception (or any special event), putting a heavenly sparkle on making lifetime vows of loving unity amidst beloved family & treasured friends. Best Advice: make the celebration last a week, not just a weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/28/2017
  • ceelengoestocamp

Emily · Married on 12/17/2016

KDI was by far the BEST decision I made regarding my wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. The space is gorgeous and great for an intimate wedding. The trinity suite was gorgeous for getting ready pictures. The sun room was the perfect backdrop for a first look. The list goes on. The inn gives the advantage of having so much extra time with your loved ones. It was so nice to have them stay the night with us and really get to spend time with them. Denel was my primary point of contact, and she was amazing. During planning whenever I emailed her I always got a speedy response. Later Faustine joined the team and she was lovely to work with as well. Not to mention the staff there the day of. They took care of everything. We forgot our table numbers and the inn actually made some for us. I didn't have to stress about anything. Our guests absolutely LOVED the experience and we were told over and over again how it was one of their favorite weddings.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Anna · Married on 06/13/2015

We could not have wished for more. Because we booked the entire inn for the weekend, we were able to use the beautiful event spaces without extra cost. The parlor was a beautiful and intimate location for our 50-guest wedding. Our caterer set up a bar in the sun porch and we moved to the dining room for the reception dinner and then into the basement area for dancing. Denel and Deanna could not have been more helpful. They met with us before the wedding to discuss details and were so accommodating about every detail. They encouraged us to think of the inn as our home for the wedding weekend; we even set up family pictures all over the event space. Everything ran smoothly, and we were so grateful to have all of our family and friends under one roof in this lovely space.

Sent on 06/21/2015

I knew the King's Daughter's Inn was the place for my wedding at the first visit. This was the first and only venue I visited prior to making a decision for my December wedding. It is the perfect location to hold an intimate and elegant wedding. Everything was great from beginning to end. The staff there basically handles most of the details for you, so you really do not need an outside planner. I booked the entire Inn for one night so that my family and friends could stay over. There is a wonderful southern buffet breakfast served on Sunday morning. The hospitality there is amazing and my family enjoyed every moment of their stay. I could go on and on about the superb service they provided and certainly recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 12/23/2014

The King's Daughters Inn's reply:

We are so glad your experience was fantastic! We loved hosting your wedding... we wish your husband and you many happy years together!!

Christina · Married on 11/08/2014

I can't say enough about the King's Daughters Inn. I am SO glad we chose this as our venue. All of our guests loved staying in the Inn and having all of our wedding events there. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is amazing, and the food is to die for. The staff made my wedding so much less stressful, and I could really enjoy the weekend with our guests. Thank you Deanna, Wayne, and all the other staff for all their hard work and attention. We'll definitely be back to stay in the inn!

Sent on 12/04/2014

The King's Daughters Inn's reply:

Christina, thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you had a memorable experience with us. Here's to many happy years ahead of you!

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to The King's Daughter's Inn! My guests are raving that my wedding was the most sophisticated and elegant wedding they've attended! KDI is such a beautifully appointed venue for a wedding and reception. There is no B&B that comes close to this place! The KDI staff were so helpful and knowledgeable about every detail of my wedding, and my guests loved their accommodations. I am truly happy I stumbled upon this venue and would recommended it to any bride and groom looking for an intimate location to host a wedding, reception or both.

Sent on 07/08/2014

We got married at the Duke gardens and rented out the Inn for the entire weekend for our family and closest friends. We hosted our welcome dinner for all wedding guests at the Inn on Friday night. Maite was a pleasure to work with and helped coordinate food/beverages for our event on Friday evening. All the guests raved about how cute the rooms were and also about the friendly staff. Maite and Deanna made everyone feel at home and were very accommodating to special needs. I stayed in the Trinity suite and had my hair and makeup done in the suite on the wedding day, and it was perfect. Pictures came out GORGEOUS. I had such a great experience at the Inn and would highly recommend it for a wedding weekend or just a normal stay. Also, the breakfast at the Inn is incredible. My wedding experience would not have been the same if we stayed somewhere other than KDI - it was truly a memorable day and I am so glad that KDI and Maite were a part of it!

Sent on 07/10/2014

lori · Married on 01/26/2014

I can't say enough about how helpful Maite and KDI staff were in setting the stage for a beautiful and joyful wedding and reception on Sunday. Thank you so much. The venue was perfect, surpassed only by the service. You made my daughter's day one to remember fondly for years to come.

Sent on 01/29/2014
  • MaryAnn

MaryAnn · Married on 01/26/2014

If you want a winter wedding and you want it indoors AND you want everything to go smoothly, this is the place. The price was perfect, the staff members did a fabulous job making sure everything was in place. I highly recommend The King's Daughters Inn!

Sent on 02/14/2014

We stumbled upon KDI for hosting our wedding weekend through my maid of honor, who had some corporate experience with the boutique B&B. We could not have been more pleased with our wedding weekend arrangements. We worked closely with Deanna throughout the experience. We contracted out the inn for the whole weekend. Our wedding party and immediate family were able to all be in one location (very few were local). The accommodations are first-class. We had the Rehearsal Dinner in the dining room on Friday evening and a food truck parked for everyone on Saturday night! We can not recommend KDI enough! Even though there were lots of memories made at our wedding venue there were many more made here -- from getting ready in the Trinity Suite to the food truck dinner!!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Viki · Married on 07/20/2013

I could not have chosen a better place to have my wedding ceremony and reception! KDI is decorated beautifully, and is such a warm and relaxing place. The staff and owners were wonderful to work with in planning my special day. They were extremely organized and well prepared to handle all the little details of the day. They also allow you to choose the vendors of your own liking, but can also recommend some fantastic vendors. I got ready for the wedding in the Trinity Suite, which was the perfect place for feeling pampered while having my hair and makeup done. The best part about having my wedding at KDI was that our family (many of whom live out of town) and out of town friends stayed at the inn the night of the wedding, so it felt as though the wedding lasted the entire weekend. My new husband and I were able to visit with our family and friends at breakfast the next morning in the dining room (by the way, their breakfasts are so delicious!). My family had an extended stay at the inn and thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Simply amazing! Surprisingly reasonable, and worth every penny. I almost didn't even look into this venue, since I just assumed it was too pricey. It is absolutely gorgeous and the staffs attention to detail is impeccable. And the prices, really not bad at all if you are renting out the entire Inn, which we did for our wedding of about 70 people. We did have quite a few out of town guests, so they helped defray some of the cost. Everyone commented about how nice the Inn was, and how unique the setting was. I did not want to have your standard reception in a hotel ballroom, and this was perfect! With three rooms that people can go to talk or dance the atmosphere was wonderful. And the next morning, the elves had cleaned up most of our mess from the night before! I was terrified when the events coordinator left a couple months before my wedding, but Deanna is a gem and did not let the ball drop in the slightest. King's Daughters Inn made our wedding what it was, which was wonderful and intimate.

Sent on 07/22/2013

David · Married on 06/29/2013

The King's Daughters Inn is a wonderful venue for a wedding under the right circumstances. For my wedding, over 3/4 of the guests were arriving from out of town. It was so much fun to have both families and close friends all staying at the Inn for a weekend. Our wedding was in the parlor, which is a magical setting when you get the light coming in just right in the late afternoon. It can only hold 50-60 people though, so small weddings onlly! The guests also enjoyed the intimate setting and the couch seating. It was nice to have the reception in the same place as the wedding. During dinner the staff rearranged the parlor for dancing. There was plenty of room for a live band (5 musicians) and dancing.

Every room in the Inn is unique, and all of the rooms are beautiful. The prices when you rent the entire Inn are very good.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Kerri · Married on 03/16/2013

The minute I walked into The King's Daughters Inn, I knew that was the place that I needed to have my wedding at. I literally walked room to room just amazed at how gorgeous each one was and the attention to detail from the headboards to the fabrics to the mirrors (just to name a few!). We reserved the whole Inn, hosted about 35 people, we had afternoon tea in the sunroom, the ceremony in the parlor, cocktail hour in the sunroom and main hall, dinner in the dining room, and then back to the parlor which had been flipped for our reception and dancing. Everyone had a fantastic time and loved their rooms that they got to spend the night in. The next morning at breakfast, we had numerous thank you's that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to. I extend a huge thank you to Samantha, Deanna, Colin and the KDI staff for their time, energy, and effort for making our wedding such a wonderful event. I can honestly say our day was perfect, not a thing went wrong, and I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it. I can't say enough how much I love KDI and I will forever speak their praises!!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Pamela · Married on 02/09/2013

A very intimate venue for a small crowd. Personalized attention with flexibility for personal choices. The finishes are lovely and warm - elegant and comfortable. I highly recommend The King's Daughters Inn - the owners & on staff event planner were a pleasure to work with - the personalized attention was fantastic !! Pam

Sent on 02/16/2013

Nicole · Married on 02/02/2013

We can't say enough about this venue - expect that we firmly believe this choice made our wedding. We held the ceremony and reception here, and all of our out of town guests stayed here through the wedding weekend which was such an outstanding set up. The Inn was just beautiful for every aspect of our event, from location to common areas to each unique guest room - having everyone in one place and able to relax together and wander from room to room to visit was unbelievable. We also took advantage of the Trinity Suite for our night before and wedding night and it was perfect. We were able to get a lot of beautiful photos in the sunroom of that suite as well as throughout the Inn. Samantha worked with us to coordinate all of the venue details from the day we wandered in still fresh off our decision to get married and made the whole planning process super efficient and frankly, just a real pleasure! We can't wait to come back for our first anniversary.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Samira · Married on 09/22/2012

Wonderful people to work with and a great atmosphere for a wedding. Samantha helped us put all our ideas into action and we couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Jordynn · Married on 07/14/2012

I loved working with the staff at the King's Daughters Inn for my wedding. The place is beautiful--perfect for a small wedding. For a reasonable fee, you can rent the entire place out, including all of the guest rooms, the parlor, dining room, and downstairs hall.

Samantha worked with me to fine tune every detail. We were able to provide a tea spread for our guests prior to the ceremony, followed by the ceremony in the parlor, cocktails and appetizers in the hall, dinner in the dining room, and dancing downstairs in Brodie Duke Hall. I loved the intimacy of the wedding. I was also able to provide rooms for all of my out of town guests, so I could see them again the next morning at breakfast.

If you are having a small wedding (50 people or under), this is the perfect location.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Lynn · Married on 02/25/2012

This gorgeous venue was PERFECT for my small wedding! The Inn is a terrific value, and the staff is professional and helpful. All of my guests were impressed by the beautiful decor - each guest room is decorated differently - and outstanding service.

Sent on 03/25/2012

Brook · Married on 10/23/2011

This inn, just on the outskirts of downtown Durham, is absolutely beautiful! It truly served as it's own background and we didn't need to do anything to make the ceremony or reception background beautiful, it already was. They also have a great event coordinator who helped facilitate everything and made the day run very smoothly. This location was truly perfect due to it's affordability and how beautiful it was. I'm so glad we found it and any other bride would be wise to have a ceremony, reception or both there!

Sent on 10/27/2011

The King's Daughters Inn's reply:

Brook! Thank you so much for your kind words! You and Mike were a pleasure to work with and I am so happy you were thrilled with the venue! Please come visit us on your anniversary.

Sincerely,

Samantha & The King's Daughters Inn Staff
  • Imara219

Adrianne · Married on 04/24/2010

I absolutely loved having my wedding and reception at the Inn. It's a gorgeous facility with enough style and class to go with any event. The Inn upgraded the entire look of my wedding. Because the Inn is so beautiful, I needed only a little bit of decor.

Michelle, the event coordinator, is amazing. She responded quickly to any problems and issues, provided a detailed layout of the day of events/schedule, always willing to offer great suggestions, and they worked around our schedule. I can't say enough good things about this woman. She helped ease my mind and in part the day was so wonderful because of the early planning. I was my own wedding planner, but with Michelle's help the process was easy. Deanna and Colin, also, really went out of their way to make sure everything flowed right on our day. We were able to use the gorgeous parlor for our ceremony, and Deanna provided great ideas to dress up their reception hall. When we needed to shift gears for our cocktail time, Deanna was able to rearrange the set-up to what we desired. Price is all relative, depending on the space you book, it is quite affordable. Instead of paying for an hour, they divide the rental space into Morning/Evening increments. You tell them what time of the day they are able to work around what you need. Therefore, most of all the cost the Inn was definitely affordable (within our budget) especially, considering the help, service, space, and rooms available. They were able to provide dressing rooms, a dining hall, reception hall, sun porch, and small dining room.

The Inn has a wonderful wine selection but you can easily order your own, they worked with us to bring in the alcohol we wanted. When it came time for the clean-up they helped provide us with lots of bags, etc.

Don't worry about any special displays or audio, because they have state of the art equipment for the ceremony and reception so we could play a slide show and use our MP3 player for music. I loved the Inn and can't wait to have my baby shower and maybe anniversary party there!

Sent on 04/25/2010

Jonathan · Married on 06/14/2014

Our overall experience with KDI was extremely positive. KDI is the perfect venue for a wedding weekend. The quaintness of the Inn created a space where our wedding guests, many from all over the country and many who did not know each other, were able to feel comfortable and enjoy meeting each other. All of our guests loved staying at KDI. Instead of feeling like they were attending a wedding, our guests felt like they were part of the wedding. Renting out the Inn provides great value as we were able to use the dining room and parlor for our rehearsal dinner and reception as part of the package. KDI also provided lines, glassware, plates, and silverware for our events, which saved us money since we did not have to rent those items. Maite Vigil, KDI's Event Manager, was very helpful throughout the planning process and the wedding weekend. She was also understanding and very patient with a few last minute requests that we asked of her. Maite provided us with a list of preferred vendors, several of which we used and provided top quality service to us. I have nothing but praise for KDI! Our wedding weekend was a success!

Sent on 06/28/2014

We would highly recommend King's Daughters Inn for a wedding, a reunion or any gathering of family and friends. My husband and I secured King's Daughters Inn in Durham for the weekend of our son's wedding. We held the rehearsal dinner there on Friday night, and had a gathering there on Saturday between the afternoon wedding and the evening reception. The lovely facility provided the perfect opportunity for lots of informal visiting for family throughout the weekend. Renting the Inn maximized mingling between relatives all of whom had traveled from out of state. The bride chose to have all of her attendants get ready in the Trinity Suite with hair stylists and a make up artist. The lowest level provided ample room for the youngest family members to hang out and get away from adult activity if so desired. We were very pleased with the lovely accommodations and highly recommend it as a venue to maximize visiting time during a weekend. We displayed photos of the couple getting married throughout the Inn which offered warmth and a personal touch. The staff helped by arranging and displaying flowers I provided around the inn. The rehearsal dinner was lovely in the beautiful dining room, with the buffet set up in the adjoining room. We were able to display photo slide shows of the couple which added to the ambiance. The staff was helpful in offering suggestions and answering our questions to have a good "flow" of the guests throughout the events. They distributed gift bags that we had provided to the rooms before check in, and collected our belongings (photos and flower arrangements) Sunday morning to expedite check out. It was wonderful to be able to deliver items (decorations, beverages) the day before, as well as to be able to store some items until later in the day Sunday when we were able to collect them at our convenience. Having the whole place to ourselves created the perfect weekend for a perfect wedding at the Duke Chapel.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Emily · Married on 05/31/2014

3.5

Our family had such an amazing and special time at the King's Daughters Inn. They were so flexible when we decided last minute to have a day after wedding brunch. The accommodations were spectacular! It was an amazing experience.

Sent on 07/10/2014