Winston-Salem Marriott

425 North Cherry Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101 Map · Phone number

About Winston-Salem Marriott

On-site Marriott Certified Wedding Professional to help plan your dream wedding in Winston-Salem NC

• Outstanding catering capabilities to enhance weddings, social events and theme parties
  • Convenient location in Winston-Salem, NC serves as an ideal site for ceremonies and receptions
  • Skilled planners and event management will coordinate events from start to finish
  • Pillarless meeting rooms and grand ballroom offer unobstructed views

Two Queen Guestroom

Elise · Married on 09/15/2018

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

Do not book your wedding here! We had terrible service from the get-go which was my first red flag but I assumed our service would get better as the wedding approached - it did not. We booked this venue over a year out from our wedding date and they had difficulty providing us with a courtesy room block agreement at that time - they eventually came up with 10 courtesy rooms. We were told we could add more rooms to the block as it got closer to the wedding - including rooms in a guaranteed block (for which we would be responsible for 80% of rooms left unbooked). Fast forward to 4.5 months until the wedding - we had asked about starting a guaranteed room block a couple months before and never received a response. A relative calls to book a room under our courtesy block and has a lot of trouble. She then finds out that the rest of the hotel is already booked for our hotel weekend. So we had a total of 10 guest rooms reserved for a 230+ person wedding. The whole point of having our reception here was for people to also stay here but we were essentially booked out of our own wedding. We received no apology or excuses from the sales/catering manager or her supervisor and once we found out that another venue was available we decided to pull all of our business from the Marriott. The only positive was that they offered to return our initial deposit if we decided to cancel (I guess instead of apologizing?). Their counter offer was adding an additional 5 rooms to our courtesy block. So, 4 months our from our wedding we had to change our entire reception venue and find room blocks elsewhere. This was the most stressful part of my wedding planning by far and I am telling anyone I know getting married in the area to avoid the Marriott at all costs!

• 425 North Cherry Street Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27101 See on map