425 North Cherry Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101 Map · Phone number

About Winston-Salem Marriott

On-site Marriott Certified Wedding Professional to help plan your dream wedding in Winston-Salem NC

• Outstanding catering capabilities to enhance weddings, social events and theme parties
  • Convenient location in Winston-Salem, NC serves as an ideal site for ceremonies and receptions
  • Skilled planners and event management will coordinate events from start to finish
  • Pillarless meeting rooms and grand ballroom offer unobstructed views

• The Millennium Center

• Callista

Callista · Married on 05/12/2018

4.2

Would Book Again

I realize the last review on here is really bad. At the time of planning in 2017 for my 2018 wedding, they were going through some major renovations. This did not stop them from being as accommodating as they could for us. My mother and I did a lot of talking with Carol Ann and she helped us a lot with the planning. We had a wonderful tasting experience when selecting food. The lighting team pleasantly surprised me with their work in colored room lighting, uplighting, and gobo lighting. The sales staff was very pleasant to us the night of the wedding and left us complementary chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling apple cider (we chose non-alcohol) with a nice note in the presidential suite. The reason for not a solid 5 star rating is as follows:
    1. One of the catering staff did not work well with my wedding day of coordinator and DJ. This staff member turned off the lights in the room at a time where we did not want the lights to be switched.
    2. One of the catering staff removed my plated dinner before I was finished. However, this was taken care of by a replacement when I said something to catering staff.
    3. The dance floor was not flawless. It needed to be fixed in certain areas. While this was not major for me, I could see where other brides would take issue.
    4. Sometime during the night, one of the uplighting lights near the sweetheart table was knocked over and was not fixed.

Overall, as the title given states, I would book again. The remodeled rooms were really nice, the food was great, the lighting was great, and there were minimal issues on our special day.

Winston-Salem Marriott 6

Elise · Married on 09/15/2018

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

Do not book your wedding here! We had terrible service from the get-go which was my first red flag but I assumed our service would get better as the wedding approached - it did not. We booked this venue over a year out from our wedding date and they had difficulty providing us with a courtesy room block agreement at that time - they eventually came up with 10 courtesy rooms. We were told we could add more rooms to the block as it got closer to the wedding - including rooms in a guaranteed block (for which we would be responsible for 80% of rooms left unbooked). Fast forward to 4.5 months until the wedding - we had asked about starting a guaranteed room block a couple months before and never received a response. A relative calls to book a room under our courtesy block and has a lot of trouble. She then finds out that the rest of the hotel is already booked for our hotel weekend. So we had a total of 10 guest rooms reserved for a 230+ person wedding. The whole point of having our reception here was for people to also stay here but we were essentially booked out of our own wedding. We received no apology or excuses from the sales/catering manager or her supervisor and once we found out that another venue was available we decided to pull all of our business from the Marriott. The only positive was that they offered to return our initial deposit if we decided to cancel (I guess instead of apologizing?). Their counter offer was adding an additional 5 rooms to our courtesy block. So, 4 months our from our wedding we had to change our entire reception venue and find room blocks elsewhere. This was the most stressful part of my wedding planning by far and I am telling anyone I know getting married in the area to avoid the Marriott at all costs!

Sent on 05/28/2018