19 Reviews for Ron Petrella, Wedding Officiant

Evangelical (1)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
19 Ron Petrella, Wedding Officiant Reviews

My wife and I contacted Ron to elope and he made the process so easy for us. He wrote a beautiful ceremony for us and catered it to our personal needs. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant. As we both scrambled to get ready on time, I walked up to where we would be married, and Ron was standing there ready to get things going. It was just a relief to see him there as I had no clue what I was doing haha. He had some great words for me as I waited for the bride and gave me some advice that I will never forget. Thank you Ron we could not have been happier with how our wedding went. Jeremiah and Megan

Profile Picture Jeremiah, 11/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so happy we were referred Ron to officiate our wedding. He was very responsive, gave us great guidance and helped us integrate family into the ceremony seamlessly. And, he works for a great cause taking donations to the American Cancer Society as his form of payment. That is when we knew we picked the right person!

Profile Picture Farryl, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I can't be more pleased with Ron as our officiant. He put together the most amazing ceremony and made it exactly how we had dreamed it would be. I would recommend him for any wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Allison, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron is an amazing Celebrant. Responsive from initial contact. Very mindful and attentive to our needs and special requests. Full of suggestions and solutions. Showed up on time, with a smile on a rainy day for an outdoor wedding. He Brough the sun with him as the rain cleared up son as he arrived. This man is a total blessing and should be your first call!

Profile Picture Paulina, 3/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Evangelical

Ron was recommended to us by our venue and we could not have found a better person to officiate our wedding. As soon as we met him, we knew we were in good hands. He offered guidance but made sure the ceremony was what we wanted it to be, and it turned out beautifully. He also does not accept payment, he instead asks that you make a donation to the American Cancer Society. Simply amazing! He is such a great person, and we feel so fortunate to be married by him.

Profile Picture Kara, 10/29/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron did a great job with our ceremony. He met with us prior to booking him and suggested a ceremony that would work for us. He was even able to come to our rehearsal. He does not have any "fees," but asks you to donate to the American Cancer Society. He is a very kind man and was great to work with. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Lexi, 9/2/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Ron was amazing!! We were a bit last minute hiring a officiant, and were planning the wedding from across the country so had to do a bunch of phone conversations to try and find the right person. The second we started talking to Ron we knew we had the right person, he was friendly, kind and asked all the right questions. Plus his fee went towards a contribution to the American Cancer Society, which was great, he had started doing this in order to not only support love but to help support an amazing cause. He provided suggestions for a ceremony script, helped us quickly put something together and showed up on time. Plus he printed out a version of my vows (the bride) so I didn't have to worry about figuring out a way to carry them. If you are looking for an officiant who will help make your day special, look no further, Ron's your guy!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/12/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Agnostic, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Civil Union, Non-religious

Ron was perfect in every way. He was great to work with leading up to the wedding, suggested a ceremony that fit what we wanted, and was amazing the day of. We got several comments afterwards about how short and sweet our ceremony was (which was exactly what we wanted). Ron is a great man and we highly recommend him.

Profile Picture User7013157, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron was the perfect officiant for our wedding this summer. Neither my husband or I are particularly religious, however, we wanted to find someone that would perform a meaningful, light-hearted ceremony to celebrate and honor our love for one another. We met with Ron a few months out from our wedding day, and knew he was our guy. Not only is he a Green Bay Packers fan, which won Kevin over immediately, he is very personable, and a cancer survivor, dedicated to raising money and finding a cure for the disease. Rather than asking his clients to pay a standard fee for his services, Ron encourages them to make a donation to his Relay for Life team or his annual golf tournament. Proceeds for both events go directly to the American Cancer Society. We were really drawn to Ron for this reason. Kevin and I both value the importance of giving back and bettering our community, which is exactly what Ron is all about. He was very open to letting us have free reign in regards to piecing together our ceremony with readings and other traditions we wanted to include, and he offered several suggestions to help guide us toward the type of ceremony we had envisioned. After a few email exchanges, we had finalized everything and Ron was more than willing to come to our rehearsal the evening before, so we knew exactly what to expect. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and went off without a hitch. Ron kept the ceremony short and sweet, as our wedding was outdoors in the heat of the summer, and our guests commented on just how fitting it was for the venue, and for Kevin and I as a couple. We could not have been more pleased, and love that we got to donate to a meaningful cause, near and dear to Ron. He will not disappoint and comes highly recommended!

Profile Picture Maddie, 7/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Even though Ron was only involved in a short portion of our wedding, he really helped to make the day as special as it was. Choosing an officiant for our wedding was one of the most important decisions we had to make, and Ron was our obvious choice from the start. We had to coordinate with Ron from long distance, but he made it a very easy task. We had no idea what we wanted for our ceremony, except that we wanted it to be simple. Ron proposed a lot of excellent ideas to us that helped our vague vision become a beautiful reality. He worked with us and wove our personalities into the ceremony to make it unique and special to us. At each meeting and through all of our correspondence with Ron it was clear that he is very passionate about performing wedding ceremonies and working with couples, for both a good cause and to see the smiles on their faces. We would have picked Ron on personality and ideas alone, but we recommend reading his story to really see where he is coming from, and to really understand his joy for life. We were so happy that Ron was part of our wedding.

Profile Picture Noelle, 6/15/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron was amazing through out the entire process. He was easily to get a hold of, and easy to talk to. On the day of the wedding we had an issue with our shuttle service, and he was able to get on the phone with a friend and help us out! He also talked to me during the entire process and helped to keep me calm.

I was unsure of what type of ceremony I would like. Ron sent over great ideas, and performed the ceremony flawlessly! We did not have a religious ceremony but instead incorporated traditions from the Jewish and Irish culture. Ron went above and beyond!

Thank you Ron for making it the ceremony of our dreams!!!

Profile Picture lauri, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron really knows his stuff and knows how to make a ceremony flow and incorporate what you want. There is no pressure to do a ceremony with X or without Y. He was responsive to my emails and really made me look forward to my wedding. Everyone that met him loved him and mentioned how great he was. He helped my parents to relax and made sure to meet with me and the groom right before the ceremony to go over everything once again. We were flying back home to another state the very next day and needed to get certified copies of our license very quickly. We heard that Ron was at the courthouse as soon as they opened, which we really appreciated and were thankful for. I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Robin, 10/20/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron is AMAZING. He's the first officiant we met with, and we didn't need to meet anyone else afterwards. He doesn't take any payment for his services, but instead asks for a donation to his American Cancer Society Relay for Life team. We loved this selflessness, and he's also super nice and very warm - he made it feel less like he was a stranger and more like a friend who was marrying us. After asking some questions to determine what we liked, he sent us a draft ceremony. We liked it so much that all we did was re-order some things and added a reading. We even used the reading he sent as a sample. He did a terrific job on our special day, tracking down the required paperwork through the chaos in the bridal suite and locating our readers amongst a sea of strangers before the ceremony. To top everything off: his broad smile in all our wedding pictures tells me he was genuinely happy for us.

Profile Picture Wendy, 4/13/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron was wonderful! He did a great job at the ceremony. I would definetly refer him to friends getting married in the future. Thank you!

Profile Picture User3198239, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We LOVE Ron!! He's so amazing and friendly. We were lucky enough to find him on the Leesburg list of civil celebrants and he was still available for our date. He has a very inspiring story as to how he got into doing weddings and why he does them. He doesn't charge a set fee and instead only requires a donation to be made to the Cancer Foundation or his cancer walk team. We absolutely loved this because our money is going to a good cause and it's refreshing not to have someone take advantage of wedding events.

He was extremely flexible with our meeting times and he won my heart with his organization. Ron didn't push us into doing a long ceremony with unnecessary sand or candle ceremonies. And most importantly, he didn't try to sell us any religion or faith oriented things. He helped us come up with a personal ceremony that was short and sweet (literally lasted about 8 minutes). We just can't say enough good things about him. He was at our rehearsal and helped our families get organized and gave us tips and suggestions, which helped out tremendously. He's such a patient guy and great with the young children we had in the wedding as our flower girl and ring bearers.

Our wedding ceremony was made much more special because he was there. He spoke loud and clear and even helped me hand off my flowers to my bridesmaid. I would highly recommend him for wedding ceremonies! He is just the best!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/28/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so grateful to have found Ron! He has years of experience officiating weddings and a friend of ours told us "weddings are his calling". They were absolutely right! Ron sat down with us for about an hour or so to go through exactly how we wanted the ceremony to go. He sent us different options to give us ideas about how ceremonies he has done before have gone. He was very professional, very personable, and a wonderful officiant!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/6/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron is great and he does it for a great cause. All his proceeds go to Relay for Life in western Loudoun County. He will create the ceremony of your dreams. Thank you Ron.

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/9/11, 11 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron was a wonderful officiant! He has such an amazing attitude, great ideas for the ceremony, and very relaxed. He is flexible and always happy to work in any special requests. He put together a wine ceremony for us and we used my husband's family wine, which was really special. One of the best things about having Ron officiate our wedding is that he doesn't ask for any monetary amount, just asks that it go toward the Relay for Life, cancer fund. This was important for us because it hit close to home and we felt our money was going toward a great cause, not just being thrown away. THANK YOU Ron for making our ceremony so special!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/27/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ron is amazing. He was a voice of calm in an otherwise wild storm during the hectic rehearsal, and during the ceremony itself, I knew I could just stare off into my husband's eyes because Ron had everything under control. He was wonderfully accommodating to our wishes when we were piecing together the ceremony, and offered great suggestions that we took into consideration.

We especially like that he doesn't accept a fee, per se, for himself for performing a wedding ceremony, but instead he collects what becomes a donation to the American Cancer Society. My husband and I have both lost family members to cancer, so this was one way to honor them on our big day. Kudos, Ron!

Profile Picture Valerie, 8/20/11, 7 Reviews