Rev. Dard Aller Reviews

8 | Washington, DC

8 Reviews for Rev. Dard Aller

Kerri · Married on 08/10/2018

Dard is absolutely wonderful! We were so moved by his service...it was exactly what we hoped for. He beautifully integrated a traditional service with Hawaiian element that reflected the location. My husband and I both loved it so much we wished it had lasted longer! Thank you, Dard! We will remember it always!

Sent on 08/13/2018

shelin · Married on 03/29/2018

Just married by Dard yesterday, loved the ceremony! Not too long, non-denominational, lots of Hawaiian references, just what we were hoping for. Thank you Dard.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Katie · Married on 05/30/2017

Our wedding coordinator at Lava Lava Beach Club contracted Rev. Dard Aller for our ceremony. We were a bit nervous because all we had was the example ceremony he has shared online. We had never spoken to him, but after a phone call a few days before the wedding, he spoke confidently about the ceremony process & asked all the pertinent questions. The day of the ceremony he clarified a few things, like the lei exchange, the rock and tea leaf ceremony, and that we would be exchanging our own vows. Everything went perfectly and the way he shared the history and meaning of Hawaiian traditions and culture really gave an authentic feel to the ceremony. We loved the comparisons of marriage to the earth and the island. I would definitely recommend Dard for any non-denominational ceremony!

Sent on 06/19/2017

We chose Dard through our wedding coordinator. He was very accommodating with his Hawaiian ceremony, allowing us to add in readings and adding in Japanese vows for my husband and his side of the family. We met him for the first time right before the ceremony, and he was very personable and all smiles. All of the guests loved the Hawaiian elements in his ceremony. I would highly recommend the use of the lei exchange, rock and leaf traditions. He spoke very calm, clear and naturally during the speech, and made us feel at ease.

Sent on 05/07/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/20/2012

Rev. Aller was superb! Our ceremony was more than I had imagined. He incorporated Hawaiian tradition as well as the normal things you'd expect. He was so sweet and I felt like I had known him my entire life. I am so happy he was a part of our special day.

Sent on 12/06/2012
  • User1519922 · 2+ years ago

Easy going! Ceremony was short and sweet!! Loved the hawaiian cultural tidbits!!

Sent on 03/13/2012

Christen · Married on 07/02/2011

Dard was fantastic. He emailed me his civil ceremony and allowed me to make tweaks to it, including rewording part of the ceremony, editing out some of it and adding in my own readings, wording and writing our own vows. We wanted the ceremony to be short and sweet and very personalized and it was just that. I hadn't met with Dard in person but he was easily accessible by email and responded in a very timely manner. When we finally did meet in person, at the ceremony, I immediately felt comfortable with him. He stuck to the ceremony wording I sent him and afterword told us it was the funniest and most fun ceremony he's presided over.

Sent on 10/04/2011
  • User2074975 · 2+ years ago

3.0

I planned my entire Hawaiian wedding from California and I will be honest when I say the only thing that I was worried about was the officiant. Their website had all the information you would need on it but some of the pricing was a bit confusing as prices were different depending on where you looked. They are a bit more expensive than other officiants on the island but after watching example ceremonies I was in love. I contacted them months in advance and they responded right away. After they received my deposited the responsiveness went down. I would ask questions and not get responses. I would ask again and they would answer anything but my question. I made sure to send a copy of my ceremony so they new exactly what I wanted. I even stated that we wrote promises that we wanted to read to each other. I received a response that they had everything ready. Dard was early and very helpful. Made me feel very calm and reassured. The sad part is, I guess his wife never talked to him about our promises and they were missed. Took us months to write them for each other. We ended up reading them to each other in private. No one else noticed but us but it would have been nice to have the party hear them as well. Overall, I was happy with my officiant choice. I just wish I could have worked directly with Dard and not his wife.

Sent on 01/12/2013