Rabbi Gary Katz Reviews

Rabbi Gary Katz 3
  • Lara

Lara Kasten · Married on 11/03/2018

Can't Recommend Enough

When my fiance and I started planning our wedding, we wanted to find someone to perform the ceremony who could do so in a way that felt genuine and authentic to our relationship with each other as well as our relationship with Judaism. My mom found Rabbi Gary's information through a friend and we are both so glad that she did. Though neither one of us had a close relationship with a rabbi from growing up, we both feel a deep connection to judaism and wanted someone to perform our marriage who could honor that, though we are not particularly observant and therefore didn't want to be constrained by a strict adherence to certain Jewish laws.

Throughout the entire process, during which we met with Rabbi Gary around 5 times, he took care to explain all of the reasons and explanations behind every tradition, and then allowed us to choose how we wanted to proceed. We were also able to attend high holiday services with both of our families, to give us all a better chance to get to know him before the big day. The results at the end of the day were twofold: (1) we ended up with a wedding ceremony that felt truly tailored to us as a couple and (2) we developed a relationship with a rabbi that neither one of us had ever had before. It feels right that we are starting our married life with the support of a Rabbi and friend that we know we can call upon for anything we may need. We both can't recommend him highly enough.

• Sharon

Sharon Shilechkorn · Married on 11/03/2018

Simply the best!

If you’re looking for a rabbi in the NYC area, look no further. When my husband and I were planning our wedding, he started googling options for our officiate. Rabbi Gary Katz popped up in a search and we decided to meet him since he had such great reviews. Once we met with Rabbi Katz in person, we knew that he would be a excellent choice for what we wanted. We met with him multiple times before our wedding and we had discussions about our relationship, life and different Jewish traditions. He takes the time to get to know you so your ceremony is more personalized and even met with our parents to make sure they were comfortable and answered any of their questions. He explained all the different Jewish wedding transitions in detail and you got to choose what traditions you wanted to incorporate to fit your personality. My husband and I even decided to add our own vows as well to make our ceremony a little bit more unique. Once the ceremony was over, he takes the time to congratulate you as a new couple and makes sure you are ok. He offers so much support during the wedding process and I know he will continue to stay in touch. I would highly recommend him!

Scott Schneider · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent Rabbi for Weddings!

Rabbi Gary Katz was excellent, and my wife and I couldn't have asked for a better experience for our wedding ceremony. From our first meeting to the ceremony, Gary made my wife and I feel extremely comfortable throughout the entire process. He took the time to get to know us, learn about our families, and was very easy to connect with whenever we had questions. He listened to our preferences for the ceremony and made it had! There is no other rabbi I would have wanted to walk my wife and I through the process than Gary, and if you are looking for a rabbi that will take the time to get to know you and be accommodating, then look no further!

darrin · Married on 09/22/2018

I can't say enough about the positive experience I had with Rabbi Katz for my sons Bar Mitzvah, daughters Bat Mitzvah and my recent wedding. He is an amazing speaker that cares about details and adds humor at the right times. I highly recommend him for ALL occasions.

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Rabbi Gary Katz is EXCELLENT. He officiated my wedding and I couldn't have wanted anyone else to share such a special experience with. He made the entire process leading up to the wedding extremely personable, comfortable, and exciting. My now husband and I looked forward to our meetings just to chat with him and learn more about our ceremony and each other. He is a great listener and extremely helpful to ensure the couple is comfortable and informed about the events and ceremony for the wedding day! Not to mention he is the funniest Rabbi I have ever met. Will continue to highly recommend!

Kathleen · Married on 08/12/2018

Two words to discribe Gary. Total ringer. Gary gave us the most kind, personal, sincere ceremonies. All with the perfect amount of humor to balance the whole thing off.

He did not write everything out word for word on a piece of paper but rather spoke from the heart and made all of our guest feel at ease and that they were in the hands of a professional.

I feel that I should note that my husband and I are not Jewish ( although of course we are aware that Gary is a rabbi) it was a nonissue and I would recommend him to anyone Jewish or otherwise. The ceremony could not have been more perfect- Many of my family and friends told me that it was one of the best ceremonies that they had ever been a part of, much of which I attribute to Gary's vast experience and gentle guiding hand as an officiant.

Rabbi Gary Katz 4

RUDOLPH · Married on 07/07/2018

Rabbi Katz was great! Do not hesitate to book him. He fills up quick! I actually met him through a colleague at work. We kicked it off immediately. I enjoyed his company and when I found out he was a Rabbi, the thought occurred to me that he would be a wonderful wedding officiant.

So a few years later, when the time was right to propose, I suggested we meet with him. My then fiancé loved him and we met a few times before the wedding. He invites us to all of his events over holidays and is emailing us bits of knowledge regularly. We also enjoy following him on social media as well. Entertaining and creative to say the least! He was available for any and all questions we had before the wedding no matter how small. He had helpful suggestions for everything. He even thoughtfully and lovingly reminded me to remove my gum before the ceremony.

The ceremony itself was perfect. His commentary and shared experiences and prayers were perfect for everyone who attended our very mixed wedding. Many of our guests commented (unsolicited) on how wonderful and informative his ceremony was, no matter what their level of experience with Jewish weddings was. I could not have dreamt up a better ceremony. Thank you Rabbi Katz.

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

Rabbi Katz officiated our June wedding at the Central Park Zoo. As an innerfaith couple (Jewish & Catholic) that was getting married on the longest Saturday of the year, it was hard to find a rabbi that would marry us. Many of the rabbis we spoke to only wanted to marry us past sundown. After talking with a number of rabbis, we found Gary Katz, and he was willing to accommodate our various wedding needs (pre-sundown, innerfaith, not connected to a synagogue, etc.).

Boy are we happy with our choice! Not only did Rabbi Katz conduct a genuine, heartfelt ceremony where he brought out the best aspects of my husband, but he also ultimately got to know us over the months and became a mentor and friend throughout the engagement. Following the wedding, a number of guests praised Rabbi Katz's genuine style and noted that it was as if he had know us our whole lives. Moreover, he added humor during the ceremony (something we requested) to make it more jovial and light.

Leading up to the marriage, my husband and I met with Rabbi Katz for some pre-marriage discussions, and he helped explain the ceremony process as well as some of the potential hardships of marriage -- he even had sessions with our parents! These meetings helped set us up well not only for our ceremony, but also our first few months of marriage. We cannot recommend Rabbi Katz highly enough and look forward to continuing our relationship with him.

Jordana · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I got married on 6/02/2018 and Rabbi Gary Katz officiated our wedding. He orchestrated a phenomenal ceremony, it was truly special. From the moment we met him he was friendly, patient, and easy going, He was always available to talk to and very helpful with any questions we had. Overall, he exceeded out expectations!

Kate · Married on 05/19/2018

Memorable experience for an unforgettable day

A friend of ours suggested we contact Rabbi Katz when we were looking for a rabbi to officiate our wedding and we are so glad we did. We could not speak more highly of Rabbi Katz and the role he played in our wedding. We met several times before to get to know each other, discuss what we envisioned for our wedding and our life together, and to celebrate shabbat in our home with our parents. We left each session more and more happy with our decision to work with him to prepare for our wedding. Rabbi Katz worked with us to make sure our ceremony reflected the traditions and sentiment we wanted. He did a wonderful job on our wedding day making the ceremony feel personal, meaningful, and fun. His touching and warm words during our ceremony set the tone for the rest of our wedding that we won't soon forget. More importantly, we know that in Rabbi Katz we have found a friend and counselor we can turn to for many years and milestones to come. If you are in the process of looking for a rabbi for your wedding, we highly recommend Rabbi Katz.

Stacy · Married on 05/11/2018

The first time I listened to Rabbi Katz at a holiday service, I knew he would be the perfect Rabbi to bat mitzvah my daughter. He is young, relatable and has an amazing way of connecting with the kids he works with. He has a way of capturing the adults attention by making the service easy to understand and interesting. My daughter was very comfortable working with and really enjoyed the time she spent practicing with Rabbi Katz. He didn’t just come and conduct her service, He took a genuine interest in getting to know my daughter, her interests, hobbies, personality. I could not have been happier! I can’t recommend him highly enough!!!!!

jordan · Married on 10/28/2017

I'm going to make this very simple... Rabbi Katz is the best! Thank you for making the weeks leading up to our wedding special and the big day even better. With Love, Dani and Jordan

Sabrina · Married on 10/07/2017

Rabbi Katz did such an amazing bat mitzvah for our daughter. We are an interfaith family so his explanation of the service was particularly special. The service was enjoyed by all!

deborah · Married on 05/25/2017

Rabbi Katz is awesome!!! We are so happy and feel so incredibly fortunate to have discovered him. He is genuine, caring , insightful and is passionate. it was so important to him that he get to know my husband and I. After meeting him prior to our wedding, we could not imagine anyone other than he marrying us. We live outside of NYC and look forward to seeing our new friend Rabbi Katz whenever we are in the city. A true find... Deborah & Paul Feinsilver

Rob · Married on 02/19/2017

My Wife and I were married on February 19, 2017. I found Rabbi Gary Katz on wedding wire while doing our research into the various Rabbi's in the area. I saw his stellar reviews, with commentary about how knowledgeable, genuine, funny, kind, and most important, dedicated! I can now tell you after the fact, everything being said about Rabbi Gary Katz is true. He was amazing from start to finish. He took the time to get to know both my bride and I and met us multiple times prior to the big event. Guests came up to us during the party and expressed how much they really loved our Rabbi and thought that he was someone we knew for years based on the connection we formed during the sessions prior the wedding. I also really loved that he explains the ceremony and what everything means, which really allowed for the guests to feel more connected to the ceremony. Aside from how amazing a job he did for both of us prior to the wedding and at the ceremony itself, Rabbi Gary Katz is a great individual and we both look forward to keeping the relationship alive for years to come.

Courtney · Married on 02/19/2017

Gary did a phenomenal job officiating our wedding! We met with Gary several times before the wedding, and he did a great job preparing us for what to expect on the big day. As our officiant, he explained the historical context of the ceremony for our guests, making it a meaningful experience for everyone regardless of their religion. We had people coming up to us at the reception telling us how much they loved the ceremony and Gary! It was great working with Gary, and we'll always cherish his kind words.

Jennifer · Married on 10/29/2016

We were referred to Rabbi Gary Katz through a friend. I'm so glad we were!! From the first meeting to the day of the wedding- everything was better than we could have ever expected. Not only was he our officiant for the wedding but will be part of our lives forever. When we met him months before the wedding- he really got to know us and was able to personalize the ceremony. Everyone in the ceremony said he did an amazing job and thought we have known him forever! He was there to answer any questions we had and to explain each tradition for the ceremony. He let us choose what we felt comfortable with and explained all the meanings. The week prior to the wedding- we had a practice ceremony so we knew the order as well as practiced repeating after him. He made everything so easy. If you are looking for an officiant- stop now and contact Rabbi Gary Katz- you won't be disappointed. Thanks for everything-
    Jennifer and Brendan

Alix · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I got married on August 13, 2016. It was really important to me that we find an officiant who would create a personal ceremony and not one that would put our guests to sleep. The first thing I loved about Rabbi Katz is the time he takes to get to know you. We met with Rabbi Katz multiple times before the wedding and we both agree that we got a lot out of it, from relationship advice to spirituality. The ceremony was beautiful and Rabbi Katz really stole the show. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how unique and captivating it was. We already can't wait to continue our relationship with him way past our wedding.

Reed · Married on 09/17/2016

Gary was both helpful and knowledgeable throughout the whole process. He was genuinely interested in our lives, marriage and wedding, and offered a wonderful 3rd party perspective.

Michelle · Married on 09/10/2016

We used Rabbi Katz to Bar Mitzvah for two sons! It was an incredible experience, Rabbi Katz is very professional and extremely personable. He took the time to get to know our family and the boys and was able to deliver a warm and sincere service that was touching to our friends and family.
    I would highly recommend him for any service.

Cory · Married on 09/04/2016

We had the pleasure of Gary serving as the officiant for our wedding. Throughout the whole process, Gary took time to learn about our backgrounds and took a real interest into us. He guided my wife and I through multiple exercises on compatibility and helped us to open up to each other. While my wife and I had different jewish upbringings, he was able to create a wedding ceremony that both of our families enjoyed. He was thoughtful, well spoken and everyone only had great things to say about him. Gary took the time to get to know my wife and I before the wedding and it made the ceremony that much better. We have nothing but great things to say about Gary and would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant.

Randy · Married on 07/23/2016

great attention, to whom we were as a couple. personalized speech. warm and caring

Picking an officiant that matched my husband's and I unique personalities was really difficult, but Gary Katz made it all so easy! The moment we met him, we knew he was going to make our ceremony the most special event. He is so accomodating, warm, and attentive, and you can discuss absolutely anything with him. We were always able to find mutual time to meet with him because his schedule is so flexible. Throughout the process he really got to know my husband and I, making our ceremony so unique and thoughtful. We will never forget it!

Gary, we want to thank you, from the depths of our hearts, on officiating the most magical ceremony for us. It was absolutely beautiful and memorable, and your words will be in our hearts forever. Thank you for your guidance, advice and laughs...thank you for everything!

With love,
    Corey & Susan

melissa · Married on 06/18/2016

I used Rabbi Katz for my son's Bar Mitzvah in June at Current in NYC. We had specific details in mind about what my son could read from the Torah prior to his actual birthday. Rabbi Katz worked with our family to do exactly what we wanted. He worked with my son a few times before the event to make sure it would be perfect. Rabbi Katz did such a magnificent job, some of my friends had asked me for his contact information after my event.