Pure Bliss Reviews

73 Reviews for Pure Bliss

• Amanda

Amanda Garrett · Married on 10/10/2020

Absolute perfection

I had ordered my gown pre-covid. The amazing ladies at pure bliss did everything possible to keep us brides happy and going forward with our dresses.

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 10/13/2019

I felt SO beautiful on my wedding day!

To the staff at Pure Bliss, especially Jeanine and Gerry, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Jeanine was very helpful during the whole process and ensured that I was happy with my dress. Gerry, the lovely and skilled seamstress I worked with, made the dress perfect for me. My husband almost fainted when he saw me! I’ve never felt more beautiful. I remember driving by Pure Bliss while visiting Newburyport numerous times as a child and teenager, wondering if I would someday find my dress there. I did.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Jenna S. · Married on 09/28/2019

A+++ experience!!

My experience here was the best! I went wedding dress shopping at many other locations prior to this one, but Pure Bliss really stood out among the rest. All the staff and the owner were so welcoming and skilled!! Best customer service, great selection of gowns. A great experience! Highly reccomend

Sent on 11/04/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/07/2019

The Best Dress Shop!

Absolutely love Pure Bliss! Great atmosphere and a great place.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Rosa · Married on 11/11/2018

The name speaks for itself

Pure Bliss was recommended to me by a friend and they definitely delivered. I was that crazy bride who watched endless hours of "Say Yes to the Dress" on Saturdays and would jot down designer names and styles and would search online to see who carried what I was hoping to find. Pure Bliss kept coming up as a match so for me that meant it was worth calling and booking an appointment. I was greeted nicely on the phone and then sent an email not too long after asking me different questions to gauge my style and what I was looking for. I had a specific dress in mind and being the practical person I am, I fully expected to leave empty handed only because I did not think it would be that easy but it was! I worked with Vanita and she is FABULOUS. She pulled several different dresses for me based on my email and then had me pull a bunch myself on the day of my appointment. Low and behold the first dress I tried on, which was one of her picks, was the dress. It was exactly as I had described. I did, of course, try on about 10 others because you should always do that just in case, but I couldn't stop thinking about the first dress. When I put it back on for the second time, I cried and knew it was the one. Everyone tells me how incredibly beautiful it is. She even chose the perfect, long, statement-worthy veil to match. I literally felt like a queen on my wedding day. I got to have my Meghan Markle moment! I also purchased my bridesmaids dresses there, which were also gorgeous and they had the exact color I wanted. All of my fittings went perfectly and Ana, one of the seamstresses, is amazing. She made me feel so good every single time I had a fitting. The owner, Jeanine, was also very communicative with me about everything every step of the way. She also made my fittings and experience fun. All of the ladies there are great! Thank you, Pure Bliss, for getting me the dress of my wedded dreams.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot speak highly enough about Pure Bliss!! I found my gown here in February and had an absolutely amazing experience. I happened to be in Newboryport looking at invitations, and called Pure Bliss last minute to see if they had any availability. I had previously ordered a gown elsewhere and wasn’t happy with it when it came in, so I wanted to “just look” so see if I could find something that I loved. Vanita answered the phone, accommodated to see me in just a half an hour, and provided amazing customer service!!! She helped me choose a variety of gowns, and helped me find my dream dress!! The dress selection at Pure Bliss was fantastic, and price points were reasonable. I absolutely LOVE the gown that I found and cannot thank Vanita enough for her amazing customer service and kindness!! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/28/2017

I worked with Maxine to find my wedding dress at Pure Bliss and she was so great! She was so patient with me because my ideas were all over the place! They supplied a great variety of dresses and kept my budget in mind the whole time. Got my dress on time, no issues at all. Over all, it was a great experience.

Sent on 10/31/2017
  • JennV

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

I am very happy that I went to Pure Bliss for my bridal gown. I had an amazing experience being able to look through the entire inventory but also have guidance of a great consultant. They are very knowledgeable about their designers and how the dresses will fit. I have also used them for my bridesmaids gowns. They have such a variety for all shapes and sizes. I highly recommend them to all my friends!!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Liz · Married on 09/03/2017

Pure Bliss has been fantastic thus far. I was able to schedule a Monday private session, and the consultant had picked out a series of dresses in my size that were in line with the look I wanted for my dress. She emailed me in advance with a whole list of questions so that she could be prepared day-of. It was fantastic. The only downside was that it was extremely hot in the shop in August, and they didn't have on air conditioning. I was literally dripping by the time we were done - carrying heavy dresses around and all of the nerves were a tough combination in the heat! But otherwise I loved the experience.

Sent on 12/22/2016

I had a wonderful customer experience at Pure Bliss. I shopped at 5 stores and Pure Bliss was the best!! Maxine is an angel. Before my appointment, she emailed me a list of questions about what kind of bride dress I wanted. She listened to what I wanted and she had several dresses pulled and ready for me to try on at my appointment! No other place did this. It made the process very efficient because she clearly heard me and knew what I wanted. The dresses she showed me were very much the style I am looking for so the process was very efficient. They have a seamstress, onsite storage and were willing to work with me on the final price of the dress. If you are looking for a wedding dress, you should go to Pure Bliss! The store is beautiful. It is worth the drive to Newburyport, but this is right near the ocean and you can have a nice lunch and walk around the cute town of Newburyport. It was highly recommended to me by my coworker who bought her wedding dress there.

Sent on 05/12/2015

MaryEllen · Married on 10/01/2016

Absolutely love love love! The best experience. The ladies are so knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. For My first appointment, I was actually the only bride in the shop. So it was so relaxed and I was catered to. Then for my bridesmaid shopping, again we were the only group in the shop. Again so relaxing and we were catered to. Lastly, the gown i chose was strapless but we added straps onto it by ordering extra lace. The alterations team then made my straps vision a beautiful reality. During my wedding I got cake on the top of my dress. I brought it back to Pure Bliss and they sent it out for preservation and the stain came out!! I was so happy. Overall, pure bliss is the best place, I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Morgan · Married on 09/10/2016

I was recently married and I have never felt so beautiful! I bought my dress at the Pure Bliss location in Newburyport, MA in October of 2015. Everyone was so nice to work with. Just a wonderful experience overall. Thank you!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

I first came to Pure Bliss in the summer of 2015 when I was newly engaged. I was not sure what to expect as this was my first time dress shopping. From the first time I called to set up an appointment I felt comfortable with my decision to use Pure Bliss! I loved the consultant we worked with. She made me feel so comfortable and made for a great experience! We went back a few months later and actually got all of our bridesmaid dresses and tuxes from them as well. Every time I had to call or email I felt like I was talking to a friend- so pleasant and there to address any and all of my concerns and questions. I was just married this September and I truly LOVED my dress, the bridesmaid dresses and the tuxes!! I wish I could wear my gown again! The alterations were perfect and it fit me so well. Best part- my husband said I looked BEAUTIFUL! For anyone who is looking for a great experience at a local bridal shop please use this store! You will be happy you did.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

Pure Bliss is the best shop I've been to! I couldn't have been any happier with my choice to buy my dress here. Maxine was helping me and she had done a great job. She left my family and I alone pick out dresses which was fun and they have a great variety. When trying them on she had me in and out of them without wasting any time at all. She had a great personality and was very fun to work with so it made the entire trip worth it. I had my choices down to two and I absolutely loved both, she had given me one tip about one dress explaining that in pictures you will not be able to see if shine of the dress which made me automatically go with my other choice. She was not pushy what so ever, she let my family and I talk in private so make sure this was dress. Overall, she was terrific and I would HIGHLY recommend this shop and especially Maxine to help any brides find their dress. They also have a great variety of bridesmaid dresses too which I will be going back for!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Kristina · Married on 09/19/2015

This shop is amazing. I came from out of state to look for a wedding gown and I'd already stopped at other places before I went to Pure Bliss. I was SO happy to have made the trip here. The staff was great letting me (and my family) browse the racks and try on dress after dress. I found 'the one' on my shopping trip but wasn't 100% sold on buying it then. I came home to upstate NY and found that none of the shops locally carried the dress so I called Pure Bliss and decided to pull the trigger. They were so amazing, they said if I waited a week or two the designer I chose was having a sale so I could order then and get a discount. Not only did they order my dress perfectly they sent it to their sister store closer to my family so they would be able to pick it up. I cannot say enough about the great service and selection I found there.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Lianna · Married on 07/11/2015

Not only did I purchase my wedding dress from Pure Bliss, but I also got my wedding jewelry & bridesmaids dresses! I primarily worked with Maxine, the manager of the store and she was amazing! When I was shopping for my wedding dress, she was patient, intuitive, and knew what I was looking for before I knew what I was looking for!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Janelle · Married on 11/15/2014

I had the best experience with Pure Bliss. I had tried dresses on at two other stores, but this was by far the best place I had been too! I had an appointment on a Sunday morning and my family and I were the only people in the store which I thought was great. We had the whole store to our self including all the dresses! It was a very private, intimate experience. The girl who helped us, Katie, was amazing! She was so friendly and easy going, she made the whole experience very fun. When we decided to purchase the dress they even gave us a little discount! I would highly recommend this place to any girl shopping for dresses! And I will be going back for bridesmaids dresses. They offer discounts on bridesmaid dresses and accessories if you buy your dress there.

Sent on 12/20/2013
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/17/2014

I had a wonderful experience at Pure Bliss! I returned home to New England to dress shop for the weekend and last minute called to schedule an appointment at Pure Bliss and they were very kind to fit me in! They have a wonderful selection and when I first walked through the doors to the dress area I was in awe! While there we were the only ones in the shop and I really felt like a princess in my own private fitting! The sales representative was great, I was very impressed by how she listened to my likes and dislikes and seemed to pick out the perfect selection. At first I didn't know how I was going to make a decision because I loved them all! I ended up finding my DREAM dress and recently went in for my first fitting and the size they ordered was PERFECT!

I cannot wait till I get to wear my dress on our wedding day! Thanks Pure Bliss!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

I purchased my wedding gown and the bridesmaid's dresses at Pure Bliss. I couldn't be happier with my decision. They have a great selection, extremely helpful and friendly staff, and a great location right in the heart of Newburyport, MA. Do yourself a favor and check them out.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

I got my wedding dress (for 10/11/14) at Pure Bliss in Newburyport and it was perfect! Vanita helped us a few days before at their sister store Swoon on Rt 1 and even though it was her day off she came to an appointment with us at PB because I was traveling in from California to shop with my Mom, MOH, etc. My best friend picked out a dress that was over budget and Vanita kindly reminded her that I probably shouldn’t try it on because it was a little over my price range. My friend was adamant and of course I fell in love with it. Luckily, I planned for this to happen and gave a lower price range to start with knowing that, like everything else for this wedding, I was going to go over budget. I had it measured hollow to hem since I was wearing flats for the big day. Advice: It does take a really long time to come in so order early!! I ordered in January and it didn’t come in to the store until July. I picked it up on my next trip home in August and had some minor alterations done at a salon in San Diego. I got so many compliments on my dress.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/05/2014

I was very happy shopping with Maxine at Pure Bliss in Newburyport. The small store front is deceptive, as the large back of the store is filled with beautiful bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses. After explaining what I was looking for and some other shopping experiences, Maxine made me comfortable and helped to find me the perfect dress! The experience was very personal and special.

Maxine has also been wonderful in my search for bridesmaids' dresses! She has dealt with multiple appointments, many bridesmaids, and my own indecisiveness! She went out of her way to make calls to me about color swatches and to search for dresses in my palette. I couldn't be happier with my experience at Pure Bliss, and I would recommend the store (and Maxine!) to any bride!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2014

Maxine was the most amazing person to work with. She was so happy to help me find the most beautiful dress (as I tried on about 30). Maxine was like part of the family when I found "the dress" she even cried with us!! Pure Bliss was the last place I went and I wish it had been the first!!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Maxine was very pleasant to work with. We were looking for bridesmaid dresses and walked in, not aware that we needed an appointment. She had an appointment already scheduled for when we showed up, so she offered us an appointment for later in the day. We took it and 30 minutes later, she called to say the previous appointment was a no-show and we could come earlier if we wanted.
    The variety of dresses was very extensive. This was helpful for my bridesmaids (although it would have overwhelmed me personally). They found dresses they loved, we picked colors, and they ordered them that day. Happy bridal party!
    During this time, Maxine received a call from another customer that she had been working with that turned out to be lengthy (she was the only consultant in the shop), but she apologized for being gone so long when she was finally able to get off the phone.
    We haven't decided on tuxes yet, so my fiance may go there for his tux as well.

Sent on 12/28/2013

I had the best experience deciding on a wedding gown with the help of Maxine. She was so knowledgeable and friendly. I felt so comfortable with her during the consultation. Pure Bliss has a great selection of both wedding gowns and bridesmaids. I would definitely recommend Pure Bliss to my friends and family.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Katie · Married on 10/11/2013

Maxine was very professional and helped me find the perfect dress!

Sent on 01/04/2014