Posh Affairs Reviews

15 | Charlotte, NC

15 Reviews for Posh Affairs

Nicole · Married on 08/13/2016

Nekia and her team were awesome! I didn't originally want a wedding planner because I enjoy planning and knew I could do it all on my own. WRONG! Nekia worked with me to ensure the wedding was exactly what I wanted, and she never forced me to do anything that I didn't want. She has many great contacts and was even able to find us some discounts that I wouldn't have been able to get on my own. She also saved me a lot of time doing research. Rather than researching 10 or 15 vendors, she gave me the option of a couple, and I chose from there. Nekia was worth every penny!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2014

Our only regret with hiring Nekia Miller of Posh Affairs was not doing it sooner! Event planning, design, and organizing are not at all my strong suit. About 7 months out from our wedding day I had enough. We had put so much in to our wedding day but needed a professional who could oversee the process, make sure we had covered all of our bases, and most importantly let our parents, family and friends relax and enjoy the wedding day celebration stress free! Our first meeting with Nekia she got to know us as a couple and got a good feel for what we wanted. She gave us easy manageable to do lists for each step in the process which kept us on track. Nekia introduced herself to all of our hired vendors and took over being the main contact. What a weight off my shoulders! Nekia handled all of the set up, created a style guide for me so there wouldn’t be any surprises with how everything was to be set up. I was still surprised though when I walked into the reception area early on our wedding day, everything was beyond what I had ever hoped for and dreamed of. My Mom and Dad and everyone raved about Nekia and her wonderful assistant. If anything went wrong I did not know about it because Nekia was on top of everything. My dress bustle broke and before I knew it they were on me with safety pins fixing me up! My Mom said Nekia was worth her weight in gold and I agree. We received countless compliments about every aspect of our wedding and Nekia played a part in all of it. Our guests told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had, best DJ, smoothest transitions, and the most beautiful wedding they had ever seen. All of our efforts were fully realized by how well managed the day was. This would not have been the case without Nekia. Period. She made it happen!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Posh Affairs's reply:

Kristen & Chris thank you for the kind words and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Big Day! It was absolutely beautiful! You guys looked amazing and happy! All of your family and guests were extremely nice and I can tell they all had a fantastic time. Most of all, I really enjoyed getting to know you guys during the process!
  • W

WaDee'ah · Married on 09/28/2014

Posh Affairs was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. Nekia was very professional and delivered on each and every commitment made. Her expertise made our experience enjoyable and stress free. I would recommend her to anyone for any event planning.

Mrs. W. Sherrill

Sent on 05/23/2015

Posh Affairs's reply:

Thank you so much WaDeeah & Lamont for the awesome review! It was such a pleasure getting to know you guys during our planning process! Your wedding was truly amazing and I had a great time planning it!

Katrina · Married on 09/06/2014

Hiring Nekia of Posh Affairs, LLC was absolutely the smartest wedding planning decision that we made. My husband and I often joked throughout the planning process that if we didn’t have Nekia, we probably wouldn’t have gotten married! Nekia was so supportive, responsive, and wonderful to work with. Her professionalism and the relationships that she has with different wedding vendors was such a huge benefit. We could tell that our vendors loved working with her and she was able to solve any problems that came up. Our biggest praise is that Nekia was able to find us high-quality budget-friendly options that we never would have found on our own. Nekia truly listened and cared about planning the wedding that we wanted, and embraced the non-traditional ideas we had. Nekia is totally dedicated to providing her clients exactly what they are looking for. It’s been a month since our big day and our family and friends still can’t stop talking about how great our wedding was!

We can't say enough about Nekia and Posh Affairs, LLC. She was awesome!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Posh Affairs's reply:

Thank you Katrina & Corey! It was such a pleasure working with you on your wedding! I wish you both much happiness!! :)

ASHLEY · Married on 08/31/2014

Posh Affairs planned our destination Charlotte wedding. We thought it would be difficult planning a wedding all the way from Maryland but Nekia made everything so easy for us! We trusted her so much that we told her we didn't want to see the "look" for our reception until we walked in. She did not disappoint! Everything about our weekend was absolutely AMAZING! She found the best photographer, videographer, venue, florist, and caterer. She helped us plan our engagement shoot and we were actually featured on Munaluchi Bride's blog! I really wish she could plan ALL of our events because she just gets us!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Posh Affairs's reply:

Brittny & Ashley it was an absolute pleasure to plan your "Destination Charlotte" wedding. I had so much fun getting to know you guys during the process and loved every minute of your weekend. Thank you for trusting me to plan the biggest weekend of your lives! I can't wait for you guys to come back! ~ Nekia

Amy · Married on 07/12/2014

There is not enough room in this typing box for me to fully express my delight with Posh Affairs! Because of Nekia, our wedding was more incredible than we even dreamed it could be. My husband and I chose to go with the full package, meaning that Nekia planned absolutely everything - rehearsal dinner, bridal brunch, ceremony, reception, etc. She took care of every detail from invitations to any and all vendors with expertise and grace. Nekia's best talent is identifying the type of wedding you want and then coordinating all details, venues, and vendors to match your preferred style. As Nekia's client, you communicate your ideas and then Nekia brings you options that could match your dreams. You choose an option, she books it, and boom - you're done! Many of our friends and family said that it was the best wedding they'd ever been too and felt like they were in a wedding magazine! Nekia is well connected and has great working relationships with the best wedding vendors in Charlotte. Because of that, she was able to book vendors who provided incredible quality services. Our food was AMAZING, decor and flowers were gorgeous, music was so fun, and the venues were exactly what we wanted. I literally have NO complaints or regrets. One of the best things about Posh Affairs is that Nekia charges a flat fee for planning services. Most other wedding planners charge a percentage of your budget, which made me wonder if they were going to truly attempt to stay within budget. With Nekia, you can be sure that she will respect your budget and work within it without pushing you to go over in order to make more money. Most of all, Nekia operates as your friend in the sense that she wants your wedding to go as well as you want it to! She truly cares about you and wants to help you create the best day of your life. Other than marrying my best friend, the best decision I made regarding the wedding was to hire Posh Affairs.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Posh Affairs's reply:

Amy & Chris I'm so honored that you chose Posh Affairs to plan your wedding! It was such a pleasure working you guys and getting to know you and your families. Your wedding was beautiful and you could truly feel the love in the room!

I'm not sure if you remember what you filled out in your Pre-Booking Questionnaire but your response to this question: Describe your wedding in a sentence or two. Your response was the following: "The ceremony was focused on God, faith, and the fact that Chris and Amy are making a holy covenant with God. The reception was a sweet and memorable time filled with fun music, good food, and great company. I would love for guests to say, "I feel like that wedding was very 'them.'"

Mission accomplished, don't you think? :) Thanks again!
    Your Planner~ Nekia

Shanae · Married on 05/17/2014

Where do I begin? My heart breaks just knowing that the wedding is over because I enjoyed our time spent with Nekia planning our wedding. Nekia (of Posh Affairs) was absolutely phenomenal to work with! From the first day of planning, up until after saving the wedding, she has been a pleasure. Despite my groom and I being the most indecisive couple on the planet. The only thing we could make a solid decision on was that we wanted to spend a life time together. Nekia got to know us and the things that made our relationship strong and unique. I know that it wasn’t supposed to be that easy but Posh Affairs made that day the BEST day of our lives together. We got so many compliments during and after the wedding about how great she was at coordinating, how beautiful everything was and how creative she was with the sentimental things.

We had a major financial issue arise just days before the wedding. I knew with this major setback we had to cancel the wedding. There was just no other way. I called Nekia in tears, she was compassionate and professional. We announced the wedding was cancelled and it was heart-breaking. My dream wedding of marrying my best-friend crumbled. A wedding I had thought about since our very first phone call together. Now, it felt like someone had ripped my heart out of my chest. Nekia called me back and asked me to give her a few hours to work some things out and to call her back at 2pm that day. Let me just say that before 2pm, I got news from the groom (now my husband) that had me crying tears of joy. Nekia reached out to the vendors and saved our wedding. Not only did she save it but she gave us EVERYTHING we wanted originally! Nothing was missing, not a single detail was out of place. Everything that mattered most to us, she captured. I couldn’t have planned a more perfect day! I only wish I could relive it over and over again.

If you can dream it, she can do it!

-Mrs. Maxwell

Sent on 05/19/2014

Posh Affairs's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Shanae! I truly enjoyed getting to know you, Greg and your beautiful family. You guys looked amazing and happy on your wedding day! I was thrilled to play a special part!

nella · Married on 05/11/2013

My wedding planner was the best wedding planner you can have. The quality of her service was white glove service, who was extremely detail. She is highly organize and payed attention to the fine details. She created exactly what I wanted and much more. I hired a wedding planner because im an extremely business woman, who appreciate hard working women. If I had to do this all over again, I will with her by my side. She was so professional and added value to my ceremony. She created a list for the perfect vendors for our wedding, which I could not ask for more. We had the best of everything that fit our needs and budget. I was not the most hands on bride and most of the time it was like pulling teeth from me. I know this could of frustrated her, I never saw it and she remain professional with me. If you looking for a wedding planner POSH AFFAIRS is who you looking for. Her personality is beautiful. She is such a kind, loving and passionate person. She ABSOLUTELY loves what she do. She will make your dreams come true. OUR GUEST ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT OUR WEDDING........

Sent on 06/04/2013

Posh Affairs's reply:

Nella, it was such a pleasure working you and Dee! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day! I would do it all over again as well! :)

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2012

Nekia is the best! She was very professional, knowledgable and talented. She pulled our wedding together in a month and it was fabulous and gorgeous. She was very creative and we loved how she treated us like a friend during the whole process. Hiring her was the best decision!!!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Peetie · Married on 07/03/2012

Nekia was an amazing planner. She made sure our wedding day was as special as we hoped it would be. She was very organized, detailed and through throughout the whole process. She listened to our needs and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted for our special day. All our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say. We wil forever be grateful to her for giving us the best day of our lives.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Flekeda · Married on 09/02/2011

What can I say, Posh Affairs had my best interest at heart! I appreciated the fact that we were able to stay within my budget and have a lovely reception. The planner was very creative and met my expectations. All I can say is THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Thomas · Married on 12/31/2010

Posh Affairs did a fantastic job. If there was a need that arose or a question that needed an answer or a task to be completed Posh Affairs was there to handle it. Nekia's attentiveness and knowledge helped us to have the most memorable day of our lives and we can't thank her enough.

Sent on 04/14/2011

Shantika · Married on 09/25/2010

It was a pleasure working with Nekia. I was stress free throughout the entire year planning for my wedding. Nekia listened to my ideas and executed with no problems. I really appreciated her patients and professionalism. I told Nekia I wanted my wedding to be the talk of the town. I trusted her judgement and ideas and now two months later people are still talking about our speacial day! I would recommend Posh Affairs!!

Thank you Nekia!!!

Sent on 12/01/2010

Janice · Married on 12/31/2010

I found Ms. Miller to be professional at all times. Her insight and attention to detail is amazing. I was impressed with the time she devoted to getting my event organized. She took my vision, worked ulp a concept and presented a finished product that thrill all of us.

Sent on 01/03/2011

Nekia did a great job handling the last details of our wedding. She managed to successfully coordinate details and procure quality vendors one month out from our wedding date. She was always professional, pleasant and full of creative ideas. I would definitely recommend her to any bride who needs a steady hand, professional experience and quality service to calm their nerves. We couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 09/26/2013