Peacock River Ranch Reviews

38 | Gatesville, TX

38 Reviews for Peacock River Ranch

The place was great. Service was fantastic.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you for so kindly saying nice things about us! Lisa

Chelsea · Married on 02/27/2010

This was an absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding. Outdoors or indoors, they also provided a DJ and a wonderful place to have a ceremony and reception. We had a pretty big wedding and many guest, and we're very pleased that it fit everyone comfortably. You will not be let down if you have a wedding here. It truely is GREAT! The service of the providers also was wonderful, many thanks to them!!!

Sent on 03/19/2010

Thanks for the great review! Lisa, Owner

PRR was the ideal spot for our country wedding! The owners were so helpful and willing to let us choose which services to bring in on our own and which to have their help facilitating. Very flexible and professional!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Lisa, owner

Tawana · Married on 04/12/2014

3.0

Everything about this day was great and memorable thanks to Randy Bruton!!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Thank you so much! Lisa

I had a small wedding and their smaller venue area was perfect. The kids could run around and be safe. The venue did not need any embellishments on our part it was just beautiful.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thanks! You mentioned one of our favorite things about Shady Grove, it not needing a lot of embellishment, that's true! Lisa

Jenn · Married on 05/19/2012

We loved Peacock River Ranch! It was perfect for us and all of our guests told us it was such a "fun" wedding! Due to Gatesville being in a dry county, it was a bummer that we couldn't have wine and champagne on each table - that is my biggest complaint. Also, we had to go and purchase 100 wine glasses just for the wine - I would have appreciated it if the vendor was able to let us rent them from them instead... Other than that, we loved our wedding and would highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Gatesville is no longer dry, but what you are running into is our TABC advisor's rules. We run things according to his rules. We do have vendors who will rent you glasses, but sorry we didn't let you know about that! Glad you had a good day! Lisa

Malisa · Married on 04/27/2012

This is a beautiful place to get married at. Everyone was so helpful.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Lisa

Abbey · Married on 12/21/2013

I got married here.
    In fact, I grew up here, the land is my own and my home.
    Getting married here, where I grew up, watching it change from empty hills to an incredible wedding venue has been an honor.
    My wedding day, was absolutely fantastic, though I can't say I may not have had nostalgic tears.
    Walking up from the old barn I had helped build to an arbor covered in vines, I have never felt more beauty.
    As the sun set and we made our vows, it felt like more than a fairy tale, it felt like my own fantasy come to life.
    The hills around the land, the far stretching fields, it felt like a dream.
    I had a Lord of the Rings themed wedding, my favorite series, idea, realm.
    To say it was beautiful does not do it justice.
    Trees were brought in, vines and flowers, every detail lovingly done to perfection.
    Randy Bruton, the detail extraordinaire, and long time friend made sure of that.
    Before the wedding I had known him as the owner of a shop, but during, I met someone who loved his craft and the details more than many you will ever meet.
    Every detail mattered, was cared for, he went above and beyond what I could even fathom.
    My mother and father, the great planners, photographers, wedding extraordinaire.
    Lisa Daschofsky, my mother, has never honored me so greatly as my wedding day.
    My parents are meticulous, perfectionists at what they do, their love for it comes through in every detail.
    To get to see them at work was an incredible experience.
    My wedding day flowed like a river, no detail untouched, no mishap was heard.
    They didn't photograph this particular wedding, wanted to be involved in it.
    However I have grown up watching them take photographs, being a star in many of them.
    What you will see, experience, come to have captured, are moments. They aren't just pictures, my parents have learned too capture moments, forever touched with a hint of magic.
    If you want a wedding that begins to touch magic, have it here, at my home, one of the

Sent on 08/09/2016

Kaley · Married on 03/26/2016

I was married in late March of this year at the Shady Grove venue at PRR and I cannot say enough about the beauty and ease of my big day! Our guests couldn't stop talking about the view of the ranch/ longhorns grazing from the outdoor ceremony area and the reception barn perfectly fit our rustic, vintage motif. Dove was our hostess for the evening and regularly checked on me throughout the day, helped set up tables and chairs, cleared plates as the reception went on, and made sure everything was in it's place prior to the ceremony. She was a sweetheart and such a big help to me! We catered the reception ourselves, hired our own DJ and florals from the DFW area, and used a local photographer and nearby baker for desserts so I can't comment on those services PRR provides/suggests in-house, but the venue itself was absolutely beautiful and a HUGE hit with everyone involved! Fred and Lisa were easy to work with as well. We had a very large rehearsal dinner catered by a taco food truck at the reception site which they were super accommodating of. Perfect weather, perfect day, highly recommended venue. :) Thanks, y'all!

Sent on 06/10/2016
  • User4971357 · event on 12/15/2014

Easy to book, perfect size and atmosphere for our 40 person annual Christmas party...

Sent on 04/13/2015

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It means everything to a small business to get positive reviews. Thank you again. Lisa

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

It was a nice and pretty facility to use for a wedding. The reception barn was awesome, however the outside ceremony area's sound system needs to be updated. The microphone system and the music does not work together. We had to unplug the connection cord from our iPad (music) to get the microphone to work. Definitely stressful and was not aware of this before the ceremony began. The photography package from the owners was less than expected for the price paid.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Dear Private,
    We appreciate your bringing the outside system to our attention. We will definitely check into it. And I am sorry the photography was not up to your standards. I have not had one complaint from anyone else, so if you would like to talk to me in person, call the ranch's phone please. We will, of course, try to make it right. Thanks, Lisa

3.6
      3.0

I chose the Shady Grove venue. Beautiful scenery and the longhorns really made my pictures stand out!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Thank you so much! Lisa

1.8
      0.5
      0.0
      1.5

The venue is BEAUTIFUL! our special day could have gone a lot smoother. We were left to run the entire wedding ourselves. The list of limitations on the property drove us to our biggest mistake, doing business with the adjacent property owner as the coordinator of all of our vendors. We were over charged and the outcome was disappointing. The cake and table cloths were the only things that were pulled off wonderfully. However, we were impressed with our photographers- which we found ourselves. LCPhotography!!! They are the best! The people that own the rustic barn and outdoor venue were nice and helpful until the day of the wedding. The women poked her head in and dimmed the overhead lights for us about halfway through the reception (I didn't even know they could be dimmed. We had been dancing with all the lights on all night.) That was the only time and the last time we have seen or talked to them since the wedding day.They also offered photography but we choose not to go with them, as a result our photo options were very limited.

The scene is wonderful and for that I would suggest it to friends. Just make sure you have your own wedding planner and choose your vendors yourself. Do not expect any help from the owners and be prepared for the list of limitations you have to follow. Good news we are still happily married despite the craziness of the wedding day!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

I am sorry you were disappointed in parts of your wedding. We do offer either a wedding coordinator to run your day for you at $500 OR a hostess that knows the property and can dim lights for $110. #7 of the signed agreement I get before every wedding says this: Important: If you do not hire a coordinator from us, there will be no one there to direct the wedding, take down tables for dancing or coordinate first dance, garter throw etc, unless you bring your own.
    If you do not choose one of those options, we cannot be responsible. As the owner, we hire a lot of good people to be available for hire for services, but we own four businesses and never promise that we will be at your wedding. We assure people that unless we are photographing your wedding, we will not be there. We offer a whole two pages of services that are completely optional. I won't let a wedding happen without the bride or groom signing a statement that they understand they will be on their own if they don't hire a wedding planner, hostess or bring their own. You must have chosen to be on your own and I'm sorry you didn't like that choice. We will work on communicating to our brides exactly what the signed statement above means. And regarding limited places for your photography, 12 acres does seem to be adequate for most people. The bottom where the longhorns are cannot be accessed by anyone but us for obvious liability concerns. We are very clear about that and never mind anyone not choosing us for photography. Most people have to as we only shoot between 10-15 wedding per year with our busy schedule. We encourage brides to bring their own vendors.
    Having a bride gored by a longhorn would definitely ruin her day:)
    I am glad you are still married. Best of Luck, Lisa