Peacock River Ranch Reviews

38 | Gatesville, TX

38 Reviews for Peacock River Ranch

Terry · Married on 12/11/2017

Peacock River Ranch, Shady Grove venue was phenomenal! Lisa and Fred, the owners, are amazing and makes the experience stress-free.

The outside venue and on-site reception hall was a hit with our guests. They loved the ease of transitioning from wedding mode to partying mode without having to leave the property.

Any bride considering an outside venue needs to put PRR at the top of their list!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Stacy · Married on 04/23/2016

My daughter got married on Saturday and it was beautiful. I highly recommend this venue!! I also recommend Randy Bruton and his entire team including bartender and security. He was our coordinator, decorator, and florist(The Box at Peacock River Ranch). He was professional, knowledgeable, and fun. The flowers and decorations were gorgeous. I was really able to enjoy my daughters wedding day and I am the type of person that stresses about everything. He kept it running smooth and I did not have to worry about a thing!! He also promptly answered my numerous emails and not once questioned any of my crazy questions!! I also recommend Larry McDonald for an officiant. All of my family and guests loved him. He was funny, friendly, and so personable!! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding for our daughter.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Peacock River Ranch is just as lovely as the owners.
    Clean and accommodating and I will refer to friends.
    Thank You!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/22/2014

Peacock River Ranch was the perfect venue for our wedding. Our families came together to celebrate with us from Michigan and Minnesota. Our only problem was the weather which PRR quickly helped to accommodate with an indoor wedding when the rain just would not stop. They still provided us with exceptional wedding photography despite the change in plans. We loved the venue so much we even went back after our wedding to have senior graduation pictures completed for our son.

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

You are so very nice for giving us a 5 of 5. You can't know how much it means to us. Thank you. Lisa

We got married at Stone Ridge at PRR just a couple of weeks ago, and we literally couldn't be happier! PRR was the first and only venue we went to tour when we first got engaged. We were so impressed with the facilities, staff, and professionalism, that we had the venue booked just a couple days later. If you're looking for a rustic, but classy venue, then look no further!

Randy Bruton is the on-site florist and event coordinator, and I couldn't recommend him more highly. He provides an all inclusive package that made wedding planning SO EASY at a VERY affordable price. He offers services such as officiant, DJ, flowers, decorations, catering, cake, etc. Fred and Lisa (owners of Shady Grove) can also be your photographers if you choose. We met with him for a couple hours soon after we booked the venue and chose the services that we needed so that we received a highly customized package to suit our wants/needs. He is very responsive to phone calls/texts/emails, and he is very eager and willing to answer any and all questions you may have along the way.

He can also be your Day-of-Coordinator, and you'd be silly not to hire him for this as well. He knows the vendors and the venue better than anyone else, and HE IS A PRO! He kept the night running so smoothly, and everything was perfectly on time! I literally didn't have to worry about a thing, which is just what you want for your big day! Every time I thought of a question or concern throughout the day, he had already taken care of it. In this role, he also directed the rehearsal, which was so important! My MIL even hired Randy and his team for the rehearsal dinner, and she loved working with him as well.

I cannot tell you how many compliments I've received regarding how much all of my guests loved everything about our wedding, from the beautiful venue, flowers and decorations, to how smoothly the evening ran. I have NO regrets from using PRR and Randy! THANK YOU for the best experience ever!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

So glad it went well! Lisa

Debra · Married on 03/08/2014

I couldn't be happier with my wedding at the Peacock River Ranch. Randy was wonderful and so helpful. The flowers were gorgeous, the cake was tasty and beautiful, and the food was delicious (we had the BBQ). The reception hall was decorated beautifully. Everyone was so professional and friendly. The package deal took a lot of stress it off wedding planning; I highly recommend it. My guests raved about how great the wedding was. Thank you Randy and crew!!!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Lisa

Gretchen · Married on 02/22/2014

I can't say enough amazing things about the Peacock River Ranch and their amazing staff. I currently live in El Paso, TX and my husband is stationed in Germany. We wanted to come back to Central Texas for our wedding which in our case is similar to planning a wedding anywhere in the world because we were not close to the venue. Randy and the staff at PRR took care of absolutely everything! I met once with Randy face-to-face the summer before our wedding and that was the last time that I saw him before a last minute meeting 2 days before our day. Randy took amazing time and care to understand what I was looking for and to make it a reality. He even dealt with my spastic emails with great care. As a bride I don't believe that you can be completely relaxed when planning one of the biggest days of your life but if you allow Randy to take care of it, the results will blow you away and allow you to actually enjoy your event. My husband and I continue to be amazed about how amazing our wedding was and I attribute it to PRR. PRR is THE place to get married in Central Texas! :)

Sent on 03/09/2014

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Awesome, thank you so much for your nice words. Lisa

Mary · Married on 09/29/2013

I could not have picked a better place to have my wedding. I had my wedding at stone ridge on September 29.The venue is SO beautiful! The area is very spacious to accommodate many guests. The ranch provides every thing you will need on your wedding day and so much more. Everyone is very helpful and makes your day exactly how you imagined it. the flowers were very beautiful and you can pick everything you want in them and the decorations are perfect as well. The management caters to everything you need and the service was amazing. I highly recommend the Peacock River Ranch to any bride!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Glad you had a great day. Lisa
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/21/2013

As Mother of the Bride, I was amazed by the natural flow of the ceremony and reception, so all I had to do was enjoy myself immensely. Three cheers to management, staff, and the over all facility for creating a treasured memory that will last beyond one life time.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind review. It means the world to us! Lisa

kimberly · Married on 04/06/2013

We rented the Shady Grove venue site at Peacock River Ranch and we couldn't have had a better location! It was nice that the tables and chairs were included in the price along with the set-up/tear-down! We did not use the venue for the ceremony, but that just gave us more time at the venue for the reception :) The owners are extremely friendly and want to help make your day special. Less than 40min from Waco it was a great to have a "local" option that hadn't already been used by all of our friends!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for your nice review! Lisa

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2012

PRR has helped us make a perfect wedding. The Shady Grove venue was beautiful, and we had so many compliments about how nice the ranch was. The staff was incredibly helpful, punctual, and responded well to help make your day perfect. They also found all of our vendors, and for a good rate. We recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much. It means the world to our small business to get a 5 of 5! Lisa

Having our wedding at the Peacock River Ranch was the best decision made! Working with Randy was great, and he calmed my nerves and took care of everything! The venue was perfect!!!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Thank you! Lisa

Peacock River Ranch is an amazing place. I love the overall atmosphere. and, the packages that they offer are so helpful. PRR allowed me the opportunity to enjoy my special day without having to stress about the little things!!!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Glad it all worked out! Lisa

Montae · Married on 06/16/2012

Randy is the MAN! No one else could have put our wedding together so beautifully. The cakes were amazing, and the chocolate and raspberry was our favorite. The food was great and the DJ did a wonderful job! All of our guests said it was the most FUN wedding they had ever been to. The flowers were gorgeous and Straw Hat Photos did a phenomenal job capturing our special day. Randy really brought all of his creativity to our wedding. It is a day we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Thank you so much! Lisa

Sierra · Married on 06/09/2012

We had the Shady Grove venue at Peacock River Ranch and LOVED it! Randy-the wedding planner, a co-owner of the Ranch, and owner of The Gift Box- was TOP NOTCH! My husband and I chose this location for several reasons but the main ones were price, friendliness of Randy when meeting him and looking at the venue, and location. They offer package deals including preacher, dj, flowers, catering, cakes, linens and centerpieces, venue costs, and set up and clean up for a very REASONABLE cost! My husband and I literally met with Randy for no more than 2 hours and picked EVERYTHING we wanted! He is super friendly, knowledgeable, and quick to respond to emails,phone calls, or texts about the venue, package, etc.
    The scenery is beautiful, and even with another wedding the same weekend at the other venue you could peacefully enjoy yours without any disturbance from them! We are so thankful to have found them and chose this location!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you Sierra, your kind words and great review mean the world to us! Lisa, owner

Kay · Married on 03/10/2012

Peacock River Ranch is amazing! I got married at the new venue Stone Ridge and I chose the full package that did my cake, flowers, food, everything. Randy met with us and designed every detail from start to finish, he was so helpful and friendly. The venue is wonderful and so beautiful, and getting married by the waterfall was the neatest thing. I can't say enough about Randy and his crew, they took all the hassle away and left me with the most amazing day to remember.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the great review, hope all is well! Lisa, Owner

Lindsay · Married on 07/16/2011

They supplied with me everything I could have possibly wanted or needed. Answered every question I had in a timely fashion and facilitated every want I had. I also was about to get everything from the same people and didn't have to coordinate with many different people to get it all put together.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Thanks, glad you had a great day. Lisa, Owner

Jenna · Married on 10/09/2010

This place is PERFECT for any wedding!! To a laid back or formal wedding this is the place to go! The whole place is beautiful with amazing views. I could not have been happier with the way my wedding turned out and I would recommended anyone planning a wedding check this place out first!!!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thanks for the great review, it means everything to our small business! Lisa, owner
  • F

F · Married on 04/01/2010

Loved the barn it's great for dancing, great ambiance. Beautiful natural setting, would definitely use this place again.

Sent on 04/01/2010

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thanks, we hope you don't have to use us again! Hope all is well. Lisa

Alyssa · Married on 03/27/2010

Peacock River Ranch worked great for my wedding and reception! The deck where we held the ceremony was beautiful. The barn was perfect for a reception hall. The DJ was the best! She played great music, and really got our guests dancing! The best part about her was she was young, and we didn't expect her to do that well. Bottom Line: Peacock River Ranch is the place to be, and exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Thanks for the kind words, Lisa, Owner

Lisa · Married on 02/14/2010

Wonderful wedding on Valentine's Day! I was a guest and loved this place. Randy is fantastic - very accomodating. The barn is a great place for a dance.

Sent on 02/20/2010

Thank you! Lisa, owner

This venue was fantastic. It was beautiful and clean. The staff and owners were great. They offered a laid back environment with friendly staff to help work out wedding. It is a very rustic, crabby chic venue that looks fantastic. There were longhorns and peacocks on site as well as older vehicles to pose for pictures.

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words. Lisa, owner

Beautiful place for a wedding! Both venue sites are wonderful and make for a memorable wedding. We had a great experience and definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2012

This venue offers a basic venue package that includes the venue for the ceremony and reception OR they have a package that can be customized to what you want (i.e. catering, wedding cake, flowers, DJ, etc.). The photography is not included; however, one of the owners of the venue has a photography business which we used and very pleased with. The other owner of the venue own the florist shop and will work with other vendors to help create a custom package for your wedding. He will also coordinate your wedding on the day of your event. Overall, we had a wonderful experience working with the Peacock River Ranch.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

We like to give people choices! We know everyone's budget needs are different. Glad you had a good day! Lisa

We had a wonderful wedding day at a beautiful venue! Couldn't ask for more! They were so great to work with us while we figured out all the details. This truly is a great place to hold an event!

Peacock River Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! Lisa