NYC Faces Reviews

27 | Brooklyn, NY

27 Reviews for NYC Faces

Sheila · Married on 10/17/2015

Anni was one of my favorite vendors through the long planning process! I did a trial with her, and then booked her for my 2 wedding events. We had the best time going through all of her incredible makeup (she even makes her own, which are some of the most beautiful colors I've seen). Anni nailed all of the looks I hoped for, and even encouraged me to go for glitter eyeliner one day and rhinestone lashes another. Honestly, she encouraged me to be playful and step outside of my "normal", and I looked all the more beautiful for it. We did things I've never done before, including airbrushing and fake lashes, but I looked incredible throughout the very looooong days. She also did our mothers' makeup, and her colleague did our bridesmaids and sisters makeup. Everyone looked flawless, and most importantly, loved how they looked. That's not an easy feat when you have so many individualistic women. Anni was patient, a well of light and laughter and professionalism, able to work FAST when we were behind, able to change course when I threw a minor bridezilla tantrum and hated every color we planned to use, and just a real source of steady and calm in an otherwise terribly stressful day. I trusted her so much, and it paid off. If you want a makeup artist who has the utmost respect for you, is calm in the eye of a storm, truly professional and talented, and will make you feel glamorous and beautiful on a special day in your life, don't hesitate to book Anni!

Sent on 10/11/2016

NYC Faces's reply:

Omg Sheila, I am thrilled you were so pleased!!! You are a joy and a wonderful human being! Thank you for the kind, beautiful review. I enjoy and appreciate you more than I can say!

Leah · Married on 02/16/2014

I have short hair and am a makeup novice, so hiring a makeup artist was a big priority for my wedding. After meeting Anni Bruno at Wedding Crashers, I knew she was the one. We hit it off right away and she was beyond easy to work with in scheduling the trial and making a plan for the big day. The trial was so much fun -- she listened to my ideas and looked at pictures of our decor and my dress before making me up. Anni has the incredible ability to make you feel like a million bucks while making sure you still look like yourself. Everyone who had their makeup done by Anni on the wedding day was blown away, especially people who claimed to not like having their makeup done by other people. To top it off, the makeup lasted forever (I had to use multiple removers 14 hours later to get it off). Anni is the best!

Anni is someone I would recommend to any NYC bride. She is professional, warm, and super easy to get along with. I enjoyed meeting with her for my trial run – I’m not much of an everyday makeup wearer and I really liked that she made the whole process easy to understand. I don't think my makeup has ever looked so good! She definitely knows her stuff. She mentioned that she tests products in steam rooms at spas to make sure they last under hot, sweaty conditions (like dancing all night!). I also wish I could put fake eyelashes on with the ease she does! Anni also had great recommendations for other vendors, spray tan, hair, etc. She is amazing.

She did a great job getting us gals photo ready on my big day and her funny, friendly demeanor helped keep tension low (even with some super particular faces). My makeup was flawless all night long. She only does one wedding on any given day, so you are assured of her full attention. Book her if you can!!

Anni was absolutely wonderful to work with. If you are reading this and looking for someone to hire for bridal makeup, please do yourself a favor and contact her. She goes the extra mile to give her clients absolute confidence that she will provide them with the look they want for any special occasion. I hired her for my wedding, and I can’t say enough good things about her. During my trial with her, we tried on a few different looks until I found one I was happy with. I felt very comfortable, and it was great to connect with her on a personal level. Through the months leading up to the wedding, she was in contact me, providing scheduling and confirmations, and was immediately responsive to any last minute questions I had, and accommodating to scheduling changes. She doesn’t book more than one person/event per day, so you can have complete confidence that you are her number one priority. And the final product was exactly what I had envisioned – stunningly beautiful.
    In addition to her flawless work, Anni is a genuinely kind person – she deftly handled a very emotional situation and was able to turn tears into laughter. Thank you Anni, for your part in making my wedding a fantastic experience, and your consummate professionalism. Though I don’t expect to get married again, I certainly hope to use your services for other fancy affairs! Additionally, you will be the first recommendation I make to any bride-to-be.

Lindsay · Married on 12/30/2012

Not only did I get a makeup trial with tons of options, I was offered multiple extra practice runs if I needed them. I didn't need them though because Anni knocked it out of the park on take one! She traveled to my venue, did a whole slew of my bridesmaids and moms (meticulous with everyone and made everyone feel special), gave me a pretty gift bag of samples of everything she put on me for reapplication later on, and was generally FANTASTIC. I'd give her six stars if I could!!!!!

Liz · Married on 11/18/2012

Anni made me look awesome for my big day. She is laid-back but professional, both during the trial and on my wedding day. During the trial, she had a plan, but was welcoming of questions and comments as we figured out what would look best. We went for a bit more dramatic look than the "natural" look some brides choose and the pictures look great. All of my bridesmaids and my mom were super happy as well.

So happy I found Anni! She did makeup for my two sisters (bridesmaids) and myself (bride) at my wedding on 9/2/12. I first met her over email - she was very professional and answered all of my preliminary questions to detail. I had my trial appointment at her apartment - she was very encouraging and had a lot of ideas to bring to the table. As someone who rarely wears makeup I was very nervous to meet a makeup person who was going to send me out the door looking ridiculous and not like myself. This was far from what happened with Anni - she tried two looks and was quick to make recommendations and try something new if I even hinted about not being sure if I liked how it look. On the wedding day she arrived at the venue (the "travel" aspect of Anni's business is what I was looking for in my primary search for makeup artists) right on time and was very professional with the set up and procedure. I'm not going to lie, it felt like my face was loaded down with makeup once I was sent on my way, BUT when I looked in the mirror and looked at photos after the event, I really looked natural and beautiful. During the ceremony, it was 80 degrees and I was sweating, but nothing dripped, smeared, or moved. If you need a great make up artist, who is a lot of fun, and who arrives on time and loves what she does, I'd definitely say that Anni is your girl.

Anni Bruno from NYC Faces is a complete and total rockstar -- she is a makeup goddess. I am eternally grateful for the outstanding job she did on makeup for me (the bride) and my mom on my wedding day. I was overwhelmed by wedding planning and so almost chose to wing it and do my own makeup, but I am SO glad I went with Anni instead. I did a trial run, during which she spent an hour and a half getting to know me, taking notes, and trying on different colors and styles on my face. She even tried the false eyelashes during my trial! I almost skipped out on the trial to save money, but I was honestly so glad that I did the trial run, because it makes you so much more confident and relaxed on the real day. I looked so glam after the trial that we decided to take our NY Times photo that night. Anni was so kind and flexible, for example she let me hang out and straighten my hair at her apt after our trial, and she happily arrived at 7am on my wedding day with just a few days notice. She was also willing to adjust her package to fit my specific needs, and offered the best value that I saw among any makeup artist in NYC. I was thrilled that I did not have to touch up my makeup even once throughout the 8-hour hot summer day, and despite shedding many (!) tears -- every bit of my makeup stayed put! Even so, she gave me a brand new lip liner, lip gloss, and concealer/powder to bring with me for touch-ups just in case. Her makeup was very high quality (Mac, Makeup Forever, etc. etc.), including these amazing false eyelashes that are apparently real human hair, and which she placed individually, one lash at a time. She made my mom look stunning -- drop dead gorgeous, and glamorous, yet not overly done-up. The thing about Anni is that she has a way of making you look incredibly beautiful, yet effortlessly so. Her style is elegant, chic, and classy. She is a miracle worker, and you will be incredibly lucky if you have the chance to work with her!

Jackie · Married on 05/19/2012

Anni and her team are absolutely fabulous to work with. Pricing is super reasonable, the make up is amazing- my skin looked amazing and I do not have perfect skin by any stretch of the imagination. The make up she uses also looks very natural which was a big deal for me and the eyelashes are amazing and photograph so, so well! Anni is an absolute pleasure to work with as well- very organized, responsive, talented, and accommodating. I had a ton of people doing make up, I think 10 and she an her team made everyone look radiant and gorgeous with time to spare- oh and the a/c in our hotel room where we were getting ready was not working for part of the morning- incredible! Anni is as wonderful and lovely a person on the inside as she is on the outside, you will LOVE her and her work :-)

• Alison

Alison · Married on 05/06/2012

Anni is a comical genius/wonderful makeup artist. I describe her this way, because not only did she do a fabulous job on my makeup for my wedding but she also kept me laughing thru the drama and stress of that morning!

I was referred to Anni by my friend who used her for her wedding and I'm so happy it worked out that way. Our trial appointment was great, we tried out a couple of ideas and came up with something I loved! While of course there had to be a lot of makeup for the photos and to last all day, it wasn't overpowering and I still looked like myself which was important to my new hubs and me. He loved it too, what more can I ask for. She did an excellent job on my bmaids as well and even covered up a tattoo on one of them. She was on time and ready to go with the flow the whole time.

Thank you so much, Anni! You are the best.

Stacy · Married on 05/05/2012

For my wedding, Anni did the makeup for me, my mother, my two sisters, and my two nieces, and I can not say enough good things about her! It was not surprising considering what a good feeling I had after our trial. She is a great listener who uses her expertise to make your vision happen. She made me look my best, but I still looked like myself. That day, she did makeup on a 6 year old as well as a 60 year old and she had them both looking and feeling great! Considering how much a bride might spend on wedding photos, the cost of a makeup artist is a small price to pay to ensure that you will look back at those photos and love how you look. I highly recommend her!

Shayne · Married on 02/19/2012

Anni has always (yes - I've worked with her more than once) been such a pleasure to have around, plus her work is the best. I didn't have to touch up my makeup all night, and my entire wedding party looked incredible. She makes everything just so easy. THANK YOU!

Stephanie · Married on 10/16/2011

I LOVE ANNI! Class A service and a wonderful person overall. I have super fair skin, red hair and no freckles. Super tough combo and she rocked it. I felt so good about myself and every photo looked amazing. You don't realize until after the fact that putting your bridal party in uniform make-up gives the whole event such a professional look. Worth every penny and then some.

Julie · Married on 08/21/2011

I hired Anni for her amazing skills for my wedding. She coordinated with the hair styling team in order to create the best schedule to accommodate the entire wedding party. She kept the mood light with her warm, friendly, and humorous personality all the while working her makeup magic. She asked each of us about our desires for our look and listened carefully. When Anni had finished her work, everyone looked just stunning.

From my makeup trial to the wedding, she was always professional and calming. You cannot go wrong with Anni.

Noa · Married on 07/17/2011

Anni was amazing to work with from the beginning. She was very meticulous during my trial, and made sure I was happy with every detail before I left. While I was thrilled with how the trial came out, on my wedding day Anni surpassed all of my expectations. My makeup was flawless and I never felt more beautiful. Anni's ability to make me look natural, yet all done up, was remarkable. Several people made comments about how beautiful my make-up was, as well as the make-up of my sisters and mother (also done by Anni). I would use her again in a heart beat and recommend her to anyone! She is wonderful.

Marielle · Married on 06/25/2011

This review is hard to write because I can't put into words the gift that Anni gave me on my wedding day. It's because of her that I felt confident and carefree the entire day. I had trials w. Anni and I liked her work but on my wedding day she far exceeded my expectations. I looked myself but better and the only touch up I ever needed was lip gloss, this allowed me to just enjoy the day worry free. Also, during the makeup application process you're a ball of nerves- having Anni there felt so comfortable she was singing w. us and making sure we all stayed happy and calm. I would recommend her a thousand times over. Please let me know if you have any questions- makeup is one of the most important things you'll book!

Lauren · Married on 05/07/2011

Anni is amazing! She made my bridesmaids and me look fabulous - we still looked like ourselves, but just more glamorous. The make-up lasted all night, especially through the crazy dancing we did. She was so professional and sweet. She also really listened to all of my concerns about looking too made-up. She did such an oustanding job, and my husband was thrilled with how I looked! It is almost sad that I don't have an excuse for her to do my make-up again.

Christina · Married on 11/06/2010

Anni was the best. She made all the ladies look amazing. Everyone looked their best and my make-up lasted through the tears of the ceremony and the heat of the dance floor. I wish she could do my make up for every special event.

Emmie · Married on 10/02/2010

Anni, in addition to being incredibly sweet, is a talented, professional artist. She made me look and feel like I've never felt before...completely and absolutely gorgeous!!! She truly listened to what I wanted, and was flexible and totally open to suggestions (even though her original ideas were right!) Her products are top of the line, and my makeup lasted til I decided to take it off! Definitely do the lashes!!!!

Robyn · Married on 07/30/2010

I recently got married and Anni did not only my make-up but my brides maids and both mothers. She made all of the women not just beautiful but beautiful in their own individual way. Her understanding about how each woman felt about the way they would like to look was incredible. She took time with everyone and not only was extremely professional but a joy to have around. My make-up was flawless and through the many joyous tears never once ran. I would recommend her to everyone. Anni Bruno was FANTASTIC!

sam · Married on 02/12/2010

Anni is as lovely as she is talented and as talented as she is lovely - which is to say, a whole lot of both. :) She is a pure joy to work with, and made what was at times a very stressful process significantly less, both with her graceful, serene presence and her gifts as a make-up artist. I can't imagine my wedding day without Anni. She made four women (me, my sisters and mom) feel like fancier versions of ourselves, yet still ourselves, and added so much positive energy to those beautiful, emotional getting-ready moments. As I'm sure you can tell, I adore Anni Bruno. And you, without a doubt, will too.

Christina · Married on 11/06/2009

I was a bridesmaid in two weddings when Anni was the makeup artist. The make up was perfect. Exactly what I wanted. I love her so much that I decided to hire her for my wedding in the fall. She is very skilled and I am having her do my entire bridal party and the moms. I recommend her 100%.

Emily · Married on 10/18/2008

One of the most fun parts of my wedding day was the "getting ready" and Anni Bruno was a huge part of that! It was totally low stress, high efficiency and the look she gave me was perfect. She is a pro and a super fun person to have around as well.

Anni was not only talented, creative, receptive to my ideas (mind you I came to the trial with basically no idea of what I wanted) and she patiently tried all my looks and we worked together to get a look I was comfortable with. After my first trial I had an uncharacteristic freak out when I came home and my fiancée was like, you don't look like you (I was trying a 50s cat eye red lip thing which looked hot I must say, but was a big change for what we are both used to). I emailed Anni in a mild to moderate panic(no bridezilla over here) and I came back and we started from scratch until I found something that looked like me, only better :) I couldn't have felt more gorgeous on my wedding day. My experience may not be yours--Anni and I had a lot to talk about and a lot in common (ie you might not be one to sing show tunes during your trial...but ya know). But if you're looking for a relaxed, capable MUA who will listen and make you look and feel gorgeous...I mean what more can you ask for? Oh also she did my sisters/mOH makeup and my sis looked hot as hell. So yeah, happy customer.

Kate · Married on 04/12/2014

Anni did my makeup for engagement photos and for my wedding, and she always does a beautiful job. She always really understood what I was asking for despite me having hesitations due to previous bad makeup experiences with other people. She was always patient and willing to explain different looks and options to me. Both times, my makeup was perfect and lasted hours, even into the next morning (since I was bad and didn't take it all off haha). She gave all my bridesmaids looks that worked with their faces and coloring and everyone looked beautiful! Anni is so fun to spend time with and was a seriously calming presence on my wedding day. Thank you Anni!