Marquee Events Featuring the Gershon Fox Ballroom Reviews

40 | Hartford, CT

40 Reviews for Marquee Events Featuring the Gershon Fox Ballroom

Stephanie · Married on 04/18/2014

I got married at the Marquee in April, 2014. My experience was incredible, from the moment I walked through the doors for the initial tour to the day of my wedding! Laura was absolutely wonderful and ensured that everything I requested was done with ease. My wedding day went flawless and with no stress thanks to the Marquee team! The venue is unique and just beautiful! To this day I get tons of compliments on the venue, food and service.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Cara · Married on 04/04/2014

The Marquee was the perfect choice for our wedding! My husband and I were married here on April 4, 2014. We had our ceremony and reception at this location and it was phenomenal! The staff was absolutely amazing and accommodating and made our wedding what we had always envisioned. The food was fantastic and our guests are still telling me how great it was (over a year later) I also loved the look of this venue as the Art Deco style and chandeliers fit what we were looking for! Thank you for a fantastic wedding we will never forget!

Sent on 05/25/2015

LOVED this venue!!! Had our wedding here in February - it's a really beautiful indoor facility. We primarily worked with Laura, who I could always count on to get back to me immediately, no matter what day of the week. She was so professional and we thoroughly enjoyed working with her. Despite the snow on our wedding day, everything went super smooth.Everyone LOVED the food as well, from the appetizers to the main dish! Highly recommend getting married here.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Doris · Married on 12/14/2013

We needed to find a venue in which we could have a wedding, cocktail hour, and reception in the same place. We found this at Marquee Events and the Gershon Fox Ballroom. Not only was it convenient for all of our guests (most of whom were from out of state), but it was beautiful, elegant, and comfortable. Working with Darren and Tony was a true pleasure, and they easily exceeded all of our expectations and requests. Their timing, attention to detail, and responsiveness were all excellent; we were thrilled with the ultimate décor, room set-up, and overall service. Our daughter and son-in-law were happy as could be with everything that evening, and family and friends were thrilled with the room and the food. It made for a perfect evening, one that we will never forget!

Sent on 01/04/2014
  • X

Xc · Married on 10/13/2013

Amazing venue and service! They catered to our every need. The food was excellent. My vintage wedding dream became a reality!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Courtney · Married on 07/27/2013

Darren, Tony, and Laura are the reason you want to book an event at the Marquee. Sure, the venue is Art Deco gorgeous. And yeah the food created by Mike Kelly is rich and delicious. But what made the day for my husband and I was knowing that we were being taken care of. Darren, Tony, and Laura go above and beyond and they do it with a smile. They are calm, cool, and collected - which is just what I needed on my wedding day.
    Our guests LOVED the venue. It was so great to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in the same venue, but in different sections. The Atrium was simple and lovely - you can decorate it anyway you like. Also - have someone sing! The acoustics are amazing! The Mezzanine for the cocktail hour is beautiful and there was plenty of seating. The ballroom is art deco beautiful. The bar set up makes you look like a rockstar.
    We ate, we drank, we got married and the G Fox Marquee made it all possible. A million thanks. xo

Sent on 08/07/2013

Rachel · Married on 12/15/2012

Darren at the Gershon Fox Ballroom was AMAZING! He fielded a ton of emails from me and the moms throughout the year we were engaged and was always quick and thorough in his responses (including adding and subtracting guests the week of the wedding). He worked with our band, who had never played at the venue before, to come up with an amazing timeline for the evening which we got a ton of compliments on. He helped us develop a beautiful look for our evening with linens and tableware, and he was so enthusiastic about incorporating our DIY projects. Tastings with Darren were a blast and we loved all the time we spent planning with him. He even worked with the chef to customize our menu items and provide a signature drink and fun latke bar for our Hanukkah cocktail hour. We cannot say enough about how much we love Darren and Marquee- our wedding went off without a hitch!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Shawna · Married on 10/20/2012

The Marquee was such a beautiful and unique venue for a wedding. I loved my experience with them! We did a Hollywood/Glam theme which worked out perfectly with the Art Deco decor.

All the staff were excellent, professional and courteous. From the Event Coordinator, bar staff, wait staff, and back office. The food was beyond amazing! My guests are still raving about it a year later! Makes you feel good when your wedding stands out from the crowd.

Much thanks to Jessica for helping to plan and orchestrate the wedding so I didnt have to worry about a thing on my special day. I'd recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Sherika

Sherika · Married on 09/28/2012

The Marquee was an excellent venue for my 2012 wedding. The staff was VERY thorough. My family and friends are still raving about my event.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/07/2012

My husband and I got married at the Marquee/Gershon Fox Ballroom on September 7, 2012. It was by far the most amazing night of our lives! We researched a lot of venues before deciding on the Marquee and we are so happy that we did. The Gershon Fox Ballroom is not your typical ballroom it has this amazing art deco feel with so much character, we just fell in love with it. We worked directly with Jess Sanzaro, who is extremely talented and incredible at what she does. I really felt more like a friend than her client. She had so many fantastic suggestions/recommendations and responded to emails within 20 minutes (or quicker) of sending them. I felt like I was the only bride she was working with! I really can’t say enough good things about Jess! We also had the pleasure of working directly with the chef, Mike Kelly who customized our menu to ensure we got exactly what we wanted. To be honest, we haven’t stopped hearing rave reviews from our guests about how much they loved the food and venue! Not only did Jess and Mike go above and beyond but the entire wait staff at the Marquee did! It definitely was a night we will never forget and can’t thank everyone enough for ensuring every expectation was met. My husband and a I really didn’t have to worry about a thing the entire evening. We highly recommend this venue to any couple who is looking for something aside from a typical ballroom and a night you will never forget!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Marissa · Married on 08/31/2012

First of all... Darren was phenomenal to work with! He was so helpful throughout the whole planning process! I was an out of state bride and he was always able to answer my questions and provide information in a timely manner. He was flexible with our food tastings and meetings to allow us ample time to get things done. He is a fabulous event planner and I trusted he would do the job well and he exceeded my expectations.

The venue itself is gorgeous. The upstairs cocktail hour area feels like a cool lounge and gives off such a unique vibe. The Gershon Fox Ballroom is just breathtaking. Those beautiful chandeliers, mirrors and architecture make it stand out from other traditional venues.

Also - the food!! My guests RAVED about the meals. The portions were huge and everything was delicious. From our first food tasting, we were in shock at how good everything was. Wedding food never really satisfies me but the quality and presentation of the dishes we had was that of a top notch restaurant. Service was spot on, from the servers, bartenders and Darren as well - they were all wonderful. Thanks so much for a beautiful evening!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2012

I can not say enough about The Gershon Fox Ballroom. My wedding day was over a month ago and I am still in awe of how perfect the day was. I'll start with the planning process. The event coordinator Jessica was absolutely fabulous. She must have met with me and my family/vendors four or five times and she was gracious, helpful and full of suggestions each time. If I emailed her on a Saturday at 10pm, she would respond right away, even if it was just to say "I got your email, I'll make sure I get you whatever on Monday." I truly felt like a VIP as did all my guests. Over the course of my planning I truly felt like she became a friend and I was so happy to have had her there for me. Tony, the banquet manager, is also phenomenal. If I had an idea or wanted something setup a certain way, he would understand right away and make sure it was done and done right! The food was amazing, the decor is striking, modern and the atmosphere of the venue is pure elegance. Several of my guests said they felt like they were at a high society wedding and everything was perfect. It truly was. I would recommend this venue a million times! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Toma · Married on 03/31/2019

Classy, Elegant, Affordable

From the moment we laid eyes on the venue we knew we had to get married there. Not only was the venue full of rich history and just stunning, but it has a reputation for amazing service. The food was fantastic and they were very flexible with our culinary requests and certain allergies and intolerances guests had. Even the tasting was bountiful and a wonderful experience. We had a few bumps in the road, however the wedding was amazing! Kara had made my vision come to life. Our guests raved about the service, the food, and the ambience! Daria was our personal “server” and went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were enjoying ourselves, received drinks and were fed…a truly unique service that other venues did not offer. We did pay to rent the garage and were told by several people that they had to pay as there was no attendant present. Overall, highly recommend booking with Marquee!

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • AmandaLee

Amandalee · Married on 11/08/2019

Great experience!

Marquee did a fantastic job at a really good price point. The food was EXCELLENT, and the night of staff really worked hard to make our wedding special. It was very convenient to have our wedding here and partner with the hotel, especially in November. The only down side was the coordinator we worked with was not great. But we took control and it all worked out!

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/03/2018

4.2
      3.0

My husband and I had our wedding at the Gershon Fox Ballroom in early June. I originally found the venue when my best girlfriends and I went for a "Murder Mystery" dinner that the venue hosted a couple years back. We were over the moon with the food, so it was an easy choice to go back and check it out for a wedding venue option. From the start, the venue is absolutely stunning. Art-deco and beautiful; perfect for a vintage, Gatsby, Old Hollywood-style wedding. The food was phenomenal. I cannot say enough good things about the food. Options are bountiful and everything (even the vegan option) is delicious. The venue was an outstanding bang for your buck. We were happy to have been able to throw such an extravegant event with our friends and family without taking a major bullet on the price tag (which many couples do!) We originally worked with Laura, who was amazing, but is no longer with the venue. Her replacement Kara (despite being thrown into the role three months before our wedding) was just as great, though. Very communicative, flexible and lovely. The only gripe we had was with the servers. Many of our guests reported that their table's servers were cold and rude; something I would not have seen as a bride since I only interacted with the one waiting on our sweetheart table periodically. We do know that they were not communicating very well with my husband and I during the reception, but they were not rude to us in any way. So that is the only thing I can really raise an eyebrow at. Other than that, the entire coordination of the event was great and our ceremony and reception were wonderful.

Sent on 06/13/2018