989 Ellington Road, South Windsor, CT 06074 Map · Phone number

About Mill On The River

With a beautiful waterfront on-site ceremony location and elegant banquet rooms, The Mill on the River is the ideal location for your once-in-a-lifetime event.

Our full time wedding planners will handle the menu, linens, set-up, and all of the special details that make your wedding truly memorable. With over 30 years of experience in hosting weddings; the only thing that we overlook- is the river.

Follow Mill On The River on

wedding pictures
50ec32821a63aa9c Harvest Moon Gazebo Ceremony

27 Reviews for Mill On The River

Victoria Tran · Married on 08/30/2019

Romantic restaurant and wonderful wedding venue

I have had the pleasure of visiting this restaurant on several occasions this year as I prepared for my wedding in August - which was also here - and have always been treated very well with attentive service and the utmost professionalism.
    The food on the restaurant side is amazing. It is worth the price and has shown to be consistent in quality, flavor, and appearance.

The wedding food, while understandably a tad lower in quality of flavor when compared to attending for the restaurant, was still wonderful and displayed well. Their packages for large parties is very reasonable and their bar service is #1!
    I want to give a special thank you to Laura (the event coordinator), the managers, as well as the staff.

Laura was very responsive by both email and phone. She also listened and covered every one of our concerns - particularly our fear that we wouldn't get to eat! We always had a drink with her. She bustled me - even though I hadn't gotten a bustle - with safety pins. She saw us out to the end of the night as we were her last wedding that day. The day wouldn't have been so smooth without her!

The managers, in the times that Laura was unavailable, were also attentive in her stead with the same courtesies she offered. Although I did not have as much contact with them, their professionalism and care for their customers came through in their demeanor.
    To the rest of the staff that helped us make every moment: thank you for being fun but still professional, listening to when we had a special occasion for eating there and the surprise treats, the prompt and attentive service, and keeping the fine dining atmosphere of the location!

For those who may be considering weddings or special events at this location, I highly recommend the Mill - they have shown me great integrity in my business with them and in my experience, their recommended vendors show the same. Our DJ, Sean Childs, photographers of Paul Nash Photography, and hotel shuttle offered by the Courtyard by Marriott-Hartford/Windsor operated so smoothly and have worked with the Mill for a long time and I just wanted to recommend them as well. The DJ and photographers are so creative and work well with each other and understood how to operate with Laura on a rough timeline. The room block was great and the shuttle knew where to go and was on time. Smoothest wedding ever!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Victoria & Elvis,
    Congratulations!
    It was my pleasure taking care of all your needs on your wedding day. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
    Laura Coviello

Krisandra · Married on 10/13/2017

Mill on the river is our favorite restaurant so it only seemed fitting that we had our wedding there. It was absolutely perfect we had our ceremony under the gazebo and the reception upstairs. Everything was taken care of for us & our guests from start to finish. The food was as delicious as it is in the dining room! We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding venue!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Mill On The River's reply:

Wishing you all the love in happiness in the world.
    Mill on the River

Tina · Married on 10/30/2016

I have always loved Mill on the River and as soon as I got engaged I knew there was no other place I wanted to get married at. Mill was the only place we looked at because there was no competition in our eyes.
    We met with Laura 2 years before our wedding date to start the process and she made every part of the planning process extremely easy.
    In regards to setting up as a Bride all you need to do is bring them all your decorations, favors, etc. the day before the wedding telling them how you want it to look and they take care of the rest. Come wedding day I arrived before the ceremony and was able to see everything before anyone else just to make sure it was how I envisioned.
    The staff at the reception were beyond amazing! They were all attentive and very nice to myself, my husband and my guests.
    To any Bride who is considering this venue I recommend to look at the landscape and the pictures of previous weddings that have taken place there and you will see why so many previous couples have chose the Mill to be the start of a very important journey.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Tina & Frank,
    It was such a pleasure taking care of your wedding. Wishing both of you a world of love and happiness.
    Laura

Mill On The River FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Garden, Restaurant, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March

• Broad Brook Gardens
    Broad Brook Gardens Wedding Florists

Fabulous venue with exceptional staff, a beautiful setting and great food. We have worked with the Mill on the River for many years and are always happy to participate in weddings there. They are so happy to help and go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. Laura is fabulous and will take the time to make bride feel special.

• 989 Ellington Road South Windsor, CT, 06074 See on map