161 River Street, Deep River, CT 06417 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About The Lace Factory

The Lace Factory is a stylish wedding venue located in Deep River, Connecticut. This former factory speaks to the city’s industrial past and has been revamped into a trendy and eye-catching setting in which to celebrate. An ideal choice for a hip couple seeking a chic venue, it can welcome sizable gatherings of friends and family across multiple spaces. The property is conveniently located midway between New York and Boston and is within short driving distance of Hartford.

Facilities and Capacity

The Lace Factory’s largest space can welcome over 225 guests. This former warehouse is a spacious and bright stage upon which to host a memorable reception party. Natural light shines in through large windows illuminating worn hardwood floors and a sky-high ceiling crisscrossed by rafters. Fashionable industrial lighting fixtures hang from above and the ceiling can be decorated with flowing drapery to soften the room. Couples can also choose to rent the smaller Riverview Room and host an intimate gathering with up to 49 closed loved ones. It once again features exposed beams and wooden flooring and looks out over the beautiful Connecticut River. Nearly-weds can also organize their ceremony outdoors on the patio of the property, taking full advantage of these views and the iconic building itself as a backdrop.

The Lace Factory’s staff support couples throughout the planning process and on the day itself. The management has a strong relationship with local vendors including Cloud Nine Catering, who can create delicious meals for celebrations. The staff can also provide access to a sound system, and they can even set up a video conference for those who can’t be in attendance.

Cuisine

The venue’s catering partner, Cloud Nine Catering, is pleased to offer garden-to-plate selections that are curated from ingredients grown on site as well as trusted local producers. They also have chickens on the property that present a fun opportunity for guests who would like to participate in feeding them. The Lace Factory is happy to prepare vegetarian dishes and is able to provide food for any event that takes place on the property, including in the antique warehouse.

• Woman-owned

Photos 19 Photos
Real Weddings 4 Photos

47 Reviews for The Lace Factory

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

My cousin got married here when The Lace Factory first opened and I knew that if I ever got married, this was the place for me. I fell in love with it at first sight. This venue is so unique and stunning and the staff is beyond incredible. They were so helpful throughout the entire planning process, and so responsive to my many questions:) Andrea, Nicole and Melissa were beyond amazing to work with and every one of my guests raved about the food, the service and the decor. My wedding day was beyond anything I've ever dreamed of, and it is in large part because of the staff at The Lace Factory and Cloud Nine Catering. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/05/2017

The Lace Factory is the place you want to have your wedding. I was looking for a wedding venue that was not your traditional venue, with heavy curtains and swirly blue carpet. The Lace Factory is classic and able to be customized. We had our ceremony at our 1830s farmhouse and then took the Essex steam train to The Lace Factory (this is something you can set up with the venue. The private train ride for us and all of our guests really top the day off and the price is fairly reasonable.) The staff at The Lace Factroy is more than accommodating to us on our day...we did not lift a finger. Christine delivered us appetizers and our signature drinks (which were some of the best mixed drinks I've had) while we were taking photos during cocktail hours. I never made my way to the bar once to get my own drink! The receptions space was amazing. The large windows that let in the best light and the wood floors really are just simply beautiful. The decorations just add to the beauty of the space. The food was out of this world. Fresh and updated. They do a beautiful job at making the food presentable. The space was large enough to fit all 165 of our guest comfortably. We had an awesome dance party! We also had a sparkler send off at the end of the night that the staff set up for us which was great. We are so happy we went with The Lace Factory for our big day! Highly, highly recommend if you are looking for a day that is unique, where you can be creative and wow your guests!

Sent on 08/18/2017

2 Real Weddings

• 161 River Street Deep River, CT, 06417 See on map
    860-544-5425 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Lace Factory)