Mark Laing Creative Photography Reviews

Mark Laing Creative Photography 5
Mark Laing Creative Photography 6
Mark Laing Creative Photography 7

Meagan · Married on 08/04/2018

We worked with Mark for both our engagement photos and our wedding and it was such a pleasure! He's so kind and we always felt very comfortable around him. The photos and the videos from Mark are stunning and we're so glad he was able to capture this special time in our lives.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Meagan and Jacob had the kind of wedding you wanted to photograph over and over. They were simply the most charming, delightful and photogenic couple you could ask for. Big Sur, engagement photos on the beach, cliffs and sea mist - it's the sort of stuff you arrange at a styled wedding (posed shoot) but here it was for real and they were gorgeous!

Priscilla · Married on 10/21/2017

Mark was such an amazing photographer. He was attentive and made us comfortable from the moment we met him. Mark listened to us on how we wanted our photos to look, such as, more natural lighting and not too "posey". The day of our wedding, we received so many compliments on his demeanor...he was like one of our guests in the fact that he was like family. He was always smiling and encouraging fun photos. I would recommend Mark to anyone who is interested in a photographer. He also did our vidoeography, which made me and my husband cry from laughter as well as we felt the love. I cannot wait to hang the beautiful photos in our home. Thanks Mark for allowing us to have beautiful memories printed throughout our home.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Good friends are the whole world to each other and Priscilla and Phil’s friends were the very best bunch. This was a backyard wedding with some style indeed. The guys looked amazing in matching suits and Priscilla’s laugh and charm (watch the video) had me entranced. It was one of those weddings where there was so much love and deep friendship being shown that I wished I too could have grown up with this gang. Oh, to have friends like this! The support, the love, the family was all on display and I just sorta mingled in and absorbed all that positive energy. What a day, what a night.

Gina · Married on 09/30/2017

Mark was amazing. From a year before our wedding, he worked with me to find a reasonable price within our budget and everything exceeded expectations. Our engagement photos were included in the package and we received them within three days of the shoot. He helped pick out sites for our photo shoot for the actual day of the wedding. I booked two photographers for 10 hours on a very long and complicated wedding day. He and Debbie, the other photographer, were prompt and ready to go at 10am and we're extremely flexible with the entire schedule. There were photos done in Woodland Hills, Simi Valley, The Santa Monica mountains and finally Malibu. Mark kindly rode on our crazy limo bus between the church and wedding venue while Debbie went early to capture all the little details at Duke's. I never had any specific shots in mind but they were great at getting our attention and capturing so many photos and the beautiful sunset and scenery at our beachside venue. Lastly, they went above and beyond what was expected and stayed all night until the last guests left at 11pm. Here are some photos of his amazing work. Digital wedding photos and our photo box arrived within 3 week of the wedding. He and Debbie were so much fun and just became part of the family. Everything was amazing, I would highly recommend him for all of your photography needs!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 8
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 9
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 10
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 11
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 12

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

It was a long day but it was a day I longed for long after. So much fun! We shot engagement pix near the mountains in an old movie ranch in the rain (Yes rain in SoCal!), we traveled to the El Matador Beach for more shots and Gina and Pat gamely hopped on to the rocks and in the surf, and on the Big Day a gorgeous, formal beautifully lit Catholic Church wedding moved to the Party Bus where everything got crazy where yours truly held on to a pole with one hand and a camera in the other as things got lively. The shots flowed while I took different shots by camera. It was amazing, it was hilarious. The sort of wedding you want to be IN - but if you can’t then the next best thing is to be photographing it! We paused on the way to the beach in Malibu Creek State Park for group shots - wild! Then the legendary Duke’s Malibu for dinner, dancing and serious fun. Deb and I were both amazed at the energy, the group spirit, and wild dancing - it was extraordinary. Gorgeous, radiant Gina shined, smiled and made everyone feel relaxed, and Pat and his brother exuded charm with the most winning smiles you've seen — it made the wedding photography easy and a true pleasure. The girls? Yep, look at the pix, the bridesmaids were stunning. From the getting-ready shots to the “lifts” on the beach, everyone was so accommodating and generous with their time. The families were graceful and welcoming and we really did feel like part of the family. We stayed late because…well, where else would you rather be than among such kindness, warmth, and energy? I miss Gina and Pat (and their dogs) since they’re now living out of state but I’ll always have the photos and amazing experience of spending time with this gorgeous duo.

Courtney · Married on 08/19/2017

This review is long overdue. Mark is very sweet and extremely accommodating. He was so quick to respond to our emails and did his best to make sure we were happy and got the pictures that we wanted. He went above and beyond.

karen · Married on 08/03/2017

Mark is AMAZING! He is a very talented photographer who takes great pics but he also makes everyone feel very comfortable from the beginning. We had the fortunate experience of getting to do several shoots with him and he truly felt like a long time friend that does amazing work. He is super prompt at turning things around and getting your pictures back in an easy to view/share way. I would definitely recommend Mark to anyone for wedding, family, baby pics, etc.

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 13
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 14
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 15
    Mark Laing Creative Photography 16

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

We did do several shoots and each time it was more fun with Karen and Jonathan and baby Lucas. The Palisades in Santa Monica, the family shoot on the beach and then the amazing Topanga Canyon wedding - Mazel-tov! I was witness to a couple of the most moving reception speeches of my career. It was memorable and joyous and a real family event. Karen was beautiful as you can see, always a good sport and Jonathan? He was the most touching groom, tearful, playful and (look at the pix) just crazy in love with his gorgeous Karen. The cat who got the cream. A gentleman ten times over. The kind of groom you bump into at a wedding and wish: “I wish I had a friend like that.” I just didn’t’ want these folks to move out of state but thank goodness for social media. I’ll miss ‘em. I am missing them already.

Anne · Married on 07/07/2017

Surpassed expectations by far! Skill and creativity is amazing. Price/value is unheard of for this kind of quality. Just let him know ahead of time if you want specific photos, such as family groups, etc. used him for my 3rd child's wedding and paid less with MUCH better quality and service than I did 15 years ago. Engagement photos were included and people. Ant stop talking about them. Can't wait to use him again for EVERYTHING!!!

Davita · Married on 11/18/2016

Mark is a remarkable photographer and human being. He has an incredibly artistic eye and is able to capture moments in time that are far beyond the naked eye. He captures the essence and emotion of the most important day of you life, with an ease and understanding of what rests in the hearts of the couple and their vision for their day. He has a way with words and a very kind heart and is also a true professional. We highly recommend him if you would like a truly unique and beautiful expression of your wedding day! We were blessed to have him and are very grateful.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Davita and Michael were the most beautiful couple to photograph and video on their wedding day. Davita looking to all intents like the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi incarnate - gorgeous, perfect and irresistible in silk saris with additional dress changes for the reception, no less. And Michael with his leading man looks and amazing speaking skills - the two of them a photographer’s dream couple. But their physical presence was outshone by their spiritual beauty, their kindness, the warmth of their family and friends, the love on display and the sheer spirituality of the day. Two of the world’s great religions, Buddhism and Hinduism combined in a display of love, laughter, and meaning. The speeches were probably the best to which I’ve listened (well, look at the duo who was giving them!) Touching, tearful (and that was just me); moving - it was an extraordinary day.

Jenifer · Married on 09/18/2016

Mark has the personal touch you want when documenting your special day/event/party. He is in the moment with you and all of the people that are important to the essence of the experience. Not only did you not realize he was there, he was SO there in every way. I can't express enough how overjoyed and grateful I am how he was able to document the experience step by step. Everything happens too quickly, so to have something that Mark has created for you to look back on, gives you an even better, more fuller appreciation of what the atmosphere was during that time of capture. Mark pays attention to those special moments and I cannot recommend his services highly enough to anyone who seeks to capture magical moments, those that you didn't even know were there! It was a gift, a pleasure, a privilege to have worked with him and his amazing spirit!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Jen’s wonderful sister Michelle booked me as a videographer for their beach wedding in September 2016 and I watched in awe as these beautiful people took their vows in a wonderful bilingual Spanish\English wedding. My Spanish is pretty rusty but as their friend read their vows I could understand every word. I felt it. It was glorious. As I edited their video (I just shot the video this time) I kept going back over the cheeky looks Jen gave Javi and her sister. The smiles were intoxicating. The waves were crashing on the beach, the sea breeze was blowing and the guests were digging it. An Amtrak train roared by in the middle of the ceremony (the tracks are right next to the beach!) and it just added to the atmosphere. It was so foggy my gear was getting covered in water, but none of that mattered - I was filming magic. Magical love. And I did fall in love with this gorgeous couple. You couldn’t help it - they WERE completely in the moment. I guess I always get a bit caught up when shooting weddings but with Jen and Javi it was love at first sight - reminds me of my own wedding and how much I love MY wife. I guess I’m turning into a wedding groupie?

Sabrina · Married on 09/04/2016

I hired Mark to capture a henna party hosted at my house, and by the end of the night I knew he would be my family's new go-to photographer. Mark is so so responsive, respectful, and easy to work with. And his prices are also very reasonable too.

My family and I really appreciated that Mark came early to capture all of the guests' arrivals. He was dressed in a beautiful black suit and totally blended in with all the other guests. My family and I feel like the photos he took at the party are magazine-worthy; they are that amazing. He is just so great at capturing raw emotion and sweet, special moments. We also loved how quickly he was able to return the photos to us. We got them back within a few days.

Once Mark was done, according to the time allotted in the contract, we asked him to stay and hang out with us because we enjoyed him that much. He's just a genuine, good guy and added such a warm and happy energy to the day. He also makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, which is so important for a photographer. I can't recommend him enough.

Mark, thank you for everything. I can't wait to have you capture my wedding portraits and our family Christmas photos!!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Sometimes you just fall in love with a couple and their family and friends. We had warmth, magic, food, gorgeous, gorgeous gals and guys all topped off by a belly dancer. Henna and Morrocan magic I call it! Thanks Sabrina and Max!
  • Latoya

Latoya · Married on 08/20/2016

We are so happy that we had Mark for our big day!!

We hired Mark to take video of our wedding on 8/20/16. We had already secured photographers, and only decided to add video pretty last minute (about a month before the big day). Mark was very responsive via email (given that we live out of state from the wedding/Mark) and his prices are reasonable.

We liked his work that we found online, and are thrilled that we chose him! Not only were the final products amazing and fast (he got us a sneak peek video within days of the wedding!), he was also so warm, kind, happy and, fun to speak/work with. Our family even told us how kind he was and love the videos as well!

I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said by so many other reviews. If you are looking for a videographer, this is the guy!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Latoya and Marcus, Mr. and Mrs. Williams - what a wonderful, magical day with this gorgeous power couple from the East Coast. My only regret was that I wish I'd had more time to spend with them but they flew in from New York for this SoCal \ Santa Barbara wedding and we met on that day! Yes, we met and I immediately fell in love with them. I had so much fun shooting their wedding video - I never got tired of watching them or editing it. Their family and friends were so cool too - charming, warm and amazing dancers - the very best kind of people. Sometimes I fret at the state of the world and I wonder what's going to happen after MY generation has gone but when you meet people like Latoya and Marcus you can rest easier. I know the world is going to be in safe hands and they're going to leave it better than it was -- you just know it's going to be all right.
  • Y

yasie · Married on 06/14/2015

So many great things about Mark. His pictures are awesome. He provided tons of sneak peak photos right after the wedding and a ton of wonderful and beautiful pictures a couple weeks after the wedding. The guests loved him. He's really fun to have around on the wedding day. He is on time and professional. He is super quick to answer questions, very helpful and flexible. I would definitely hire Mark again for another event.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Yasie and Jonathan were so flexible, so responsive and yes, beautiful to photograph - I just didn't want to stop editing their photos and video. They had a plan for the day and great vision for their wedding - I really just turned up and captured it for posterity. Spending time with this loving couple and their wonderful friends and family was the very best way to spend a Saturday.

angele · Married on 03/29/2015

Mark is an amazing photographer. His photos are beautiful and unique. We had a great time with him for all our photo shoots. He made it super easy! If you want to have fun and good quality photos Mark is the perfect photographer.

Sharon · Married on 10/13/2013

Mark is the most Amazing Photographer, our family and friends cant stop commenting on how Beautiful the pics were.....He was a really nice and took sooooooo many pics....I would recommend him to everyone.....His Photography is Beautiful and so Artistic !

Sent on 11/27/2013

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

May all my brides be as photogenic as Sharon. The queen of the "selfies" is now queen of my wedding portraits.

Cathy · Married on 06/09/2013

Mark was awesome! He came and took photos at two locations the day of our wedding and made sure that I got all the people and places I wanted for the photos and more!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Cathy and Walter! What good people. We SQUEEZED into the smallest chapel in the world where we shot video and stills while watching a charming Bishop, a dead ringer for Cary Grant, perform a magical vow renewal ceremony. Gorgeous families, adorable kids of all ages and the beautiful Cathy - magical.

Heidi · Married on 04/27/2013

We booked Mark for our April 2013 wedding aboard the Scarlett Belle in Oxnard, CA and we could not have been more happy with him! My husband wanted a photographer with a photojournalist look to his pictures and fun candid shots and Mark really fit the bill. He was very flexible with us and explored fun ideas for wedding shots. Sure we got the regular posed pictures but Mark also got some amazing gems that were candid and unplanned (by us anyway). Not only were the wedding pictures amazing but also Mark was the nicest person to work with. He fit in quite well with both of our families and everyone (especially my dad) loved him. I definitely thought I would feel awkward with some guy following me around with a camera all day but Mark made it very easy and comfortable to be a bride! He really did and excellent job in every way! I highly recommend him as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Heidi and Brian were an absolute delight to photograph. Full of fun, adventurous, whimsical and open to all sorts of creative ideas. And yes, both of their families were quite charming and delightful! What a great bunch of people. Watching Brian tear up the dance floor was definitely one of the highlights of my year.

Anna · Married on 07/20/2012

We were able to book Mark to do our wedding videography for our wedding in July. He was very helpful and responsive to all my emails and any questions that I had. One thing I really liked especially is that he customizes his service to meet the needs of the bride and the groom in every aspect. He really takes the time before the event to see exactly what the bride and groom are looking for and what would make them happy. At the event, Mark was absolutely amazing, and when the video and montage came out, we were beyond excited and satisfied with the end product. He sends you sneak peaks which is really fun before the actual video is ready to be viewed and he also sends the raw footage so you can have that as well before he sends out the final edited video and montage. I would definitely recommend Mark to any bride that wants their special moments videotaped. Great experience and many thanks!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Watching Anna and Matt enjoy their evening was quite captivating. It was intoxicating watching the beautiful Anna dance to a mixture of pop music and incredible Armenian songs. Wonderful family and friends all around. All this while cruising around Newport Harbor on a yacht! Does it get any better??

Christina · Married on 07/01/2012

Mark is the perfect photographer who not only immediately put my fiance and I at ease but upon meeting him--we knew we really had found a gem.
    Mark made our wedding so magical-- he helped us capture our happiest day of our life--and he captured it all. Everyone at the wedding was impressed with his professionalism and incredible energy.

Mark is the consummate professional. He truly has an eye for capturing the most special moments and does it without you even realizing it.. Book him for your wedding and you will be so happy to have found the perfect fit for your special day.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Sometimes you meet a couple like Daniel and Christina and you just know (if you're lucky) you will spend the rest of your life taking photos of them as they become a family and celebrate all life's special events. I fell in love with these two and their amazing families. The kissed, they cried, they glowed and they danced all night long. It was all I could do not to cry right along with them.

Sandra · Married on 05/12/2012

Mark was simply awesome and his pictures even better!! Everyone noticed his professionalism and talent right there on the spot. He was helpful and willing to take as many shots as we asked him to and was patient enough to endure my family and friend's request (he even took great shots of my dog!). I absolutely loved the pictures, all 700 or so of them, he took some amazing shots that are not only cute but also funny. I am really glad we chose Mark as our wedding photographer since now we get to save forever amazing pictures of this very special moment in our lives; I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Sandy and Julio, Julio y Sandy. Their Latin warmth was intoxicating. Julio was romantic, singing a song and wooing his gorgeous bride right there on the altar with an unbelievable serenade. Mucho gusto! Sandy and her family were so charming and kind. Her friends hit me up during the reception for family group photos and it was all I could do not to go on all night long - the very best sort of folks. Muy simpatico. Sandy and Julio were so accommodating and photogenic - I just let the camera roll. Sandy was gorgeous as you can see by the pix...now you know why Julio fell in love with her. They make you want to improve your Spanish just so you can spend more time with this beautiful couple.

Mila · Married on 09/10/2011

Mark was simply the most fantastic addition to our wedding.

Even now, 5 weeks on we think Mark was the most outstanding professional we worked with across our entire wedding experience.

Mark is a real people-person. You don't get to be that good unless you have an understanding and affinity for people.
    Mark's bright, enthusiastic personality and his ability to capture special moments helped make our wedding day a success and captured forever the elegance, excitement and magic of our special day.

After our wedding, Mark was wonderfully responsive - our whole family love the beautiful photos and moments he captured. We are left feeling REALLY relieved we found someone like Mark to make our wedding experience unforgettable. :)

Sent on 10/17/2011

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Well, when you have a charming, gorgeous couple like Mike and Mila - the photographer's job is easy. Wonderful people with the most charming families.

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2011

Mark is a talented, incredibly nice and extremely professional photographer. He was at the venue early, captured tons of beautiful shots, and had absolutely no ego when it came to my suggestions. Our wedding day was beatifully sunny - great for us, but challenging to a photographer - and Mark handled it beautifully, getting us great pictures. And he delivered our photos to us right away! I feel confident in strongly recommending him to any couple.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Mark Laing Creative Photography's reply:

Sarah and Will WERE the perfect Bride and Groom. Yes, it was very sunny that day but these two gorgeous people made the flashy Sun cover HIS eyes as Sarah dazzled all with her beauty. The Smog Shoppe was also where I spotted some of the finest looking vegan food in LA being served that night. Oh, to have been a guest! A great eco-friendly location perfectly matched with an amazingly photogenic bride and groom.

Olie · Married on 04/22/2011

I absolutely love the pictures. They are alive and full of joy. My husband doesn't like to pose so Mark was perfectly catching nice moments. I like this calm and happy beach wedding mood on the pictures. Photographer spoke to everybody on the wedding , was very professional, came on time and communicate with me the way my brother would:) I know We made the right choice.

Kate · Married on 07/30/2010

Mark is very talented in photography (and videography). He has the ability to capture moments and you don't even notice he's doing it. Personalities and the character of each person shines through the photos he takes.

Mark's personality is also very easy to work with and communicate with. He has an enjoyable sense of humor, easy to talk with, and great to be around.

He comes highly recommended!

Shayne · Married on 08/08/2009

Mark was a great asset on our day. He calmed everybody's nerves and yet manged to remain unobtrusive at the same time. He was humerous and creative and took stunning pics that we will always treasure.

Shayne & Alice Gould

Julie · Married on 07/25/2009

Mark created some stunning photos of our special day and couldn't have been more accommodating. He was professional throughout and had a wonderfully calm and relaxed manner. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Jennifer · Married on 07/15/2006

Mark was so wonderful at our wedding. He was very attentive and listened to my thoughts and wishes throughout our wedding journey. Mark was very creative and went the extra mile to make my day special while capturing our private moments with his attention to detail and beautiful photos. I would recommend Mark because he was so flexible and easy to work with. I did not have to worry about the photography aspect of the wedding because I knew it was being handled professionally and that eased the pressure on my special day. Mark was able to capture moments in the wedding that were very special to me and it shows through the pictures. The photos Mark took provided me with lasting memories of my wedding. Thanks Mark!