JR Magat Photography Reviews

27 | Royal Oak, MI

27 Reviews for JR Magat Photography

• O

Onyx · Married on 08/30/2017

JR was amazing. We're eloping but decided to have a wedding dinner celebration with our family before hand. JR was flexible to do a smaller celebration like this. I changed the time on him a couple of days before and he did what he could to accommodate. He showed up professional, friendly and nonintrusive on the small event. I chose him because he has a specific style that is just perfect for wedding memories and he didn't disappoint. The pictures are amazing and everyone looks great! -Onyx

Sent on 08/20/2017

Anna · Married on 01/06/2017

I booked JR for engagement photos and he was WONDERFUL! He was easy to get ahold of, flexible and relaxed photographer. After we took our photos, my fiance was like "Can we please book him for our wedding?". Because we are getting married out of the country, we had already booked a local photographer. If I had known JR's work before booking our wedding photographer in Peru, I certainly would have forked up the cash to fly him out!

I am incredibly pleased with the photos and experience. JR's work is incredible, simple and authentic.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Ella · Married on 12/23/2016

Although JR has not shot my wedding yet, I have been so impressed with his flexibility and kindness. We changed our wedding date and he accommodated the change even though I know it was difficult. He responds quickly and he is easy to get ahold of when you need to. All of our pre-wedding communications have been so professional but also warm. I can't wait to write another glowing review after the wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Justine · Married on 09/24/2016

JR was amazing from the start! I admired his work for years before booking him as our wedding photographer and he honestly didn't disappoint. He was communicative, open to my ideas and extremely creative with his shots, as well as made us feel super comfortable. Our group is pretty silly and he rolled with the punches. He worked well with the other vendors and captured every single moment of the day. Appreciated everything he did for us! Highly highly recommend JR.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Jordan · Married on 09/04/2016

JR was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. If you are debating whether or not to book him.... DO IT. We are so thankful to have had him as our photographer for such an important day. From the very beginning of the process I had a good feeling about him. He was responsive and accommodating when connecting on a quote price (very reasonable pricing btw!). We live in San Francisco so JR suggested a Skype call to meet and discuss what we were looking for. We stayed in touch throughout the months leading up to our wedding to discuss logistics and I was super impressed with how quick he was to respond to communication! JR was so flexible with us and not to mention down to earth. I think its important to feel comfortable with your photographer since they will be with you your entire wedding day, and I can confidently say JR made us feel that way. Wedding days are stressful as is - the last thing you need is to be stressed about capturing your special moments on the day - JR made the process so easy and relaxed - something both my husband and I value greatly.
    We received our sneak peek photos while we were on our honeymoon, so about 3 days after the wedding. It was the BEST feeling to see those photos and re-live the day. I was able to download and share them with my family right then and there - so fantastic! They photos themselves were absolutely stunning and there were a lot of them for just the preview!! JR is a true professional in his field of work. I highly recommend JR Magat Photography.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Carly · Married on 06/25/2016

We had such a great experience with JR at our wedding last June! He was flexible and accommodating and did everything he could to make sure we were happy. We're glad we chose to have an engagement shoot with him as well. This was a great way to learn his style of photography and what we could expect on the day of the wedding. He's an all around great guy and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/13/2015

JR did such a fantastic job on our wedding day. He is so easy to be around and working with him beforehand for our engagement shoot made our wedding day pictures even more comfortable. His work displayed on his website speaks for itself and is absolutely fantastic. He is very professional but so easy-going and blended into our wedding party so perfectly that we were able to get so many great candid shots because half the time we didn't even notice we were being photographed! Between him and his assistant our day was captured absolutely perfectly and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous, we couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you again so much for everything and for making our day so memorable with pictures that will last for a lifetime!!

Mr. and Mrs. Ketchum,
    6.13.15

Sent on 09/13/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2015

I first saw JR’s work on facebook as he photographed a wedding at our same venue. I was literally blown away by the beauty of these photos. I absolutely love his style of photography! I love how his photos tell a story and I love how they look so effortless and natural.
    I then contacted JR and we met up to go over more information. He is very kind, laid-back, easy going, and an excellent communicator (emails, texts, etc.) Most of the time, if not always, he responded to my questions/concerns that very same day which was amazing! Also, we found his prices to be extremely reasonable so we booked him.
    From there we scheduled engagement pictures. After those were taken, he was quick to send us a handful of sneak peeks and WOW! I was thrilled by how they turned out! Completely impressed and elated!
    Fast forward to the wedding day, -- he texted me and let me know he was on his way, and texted me again when he arrived at our hotel. Again, super awesome communicator! Above and beyond any other wedding vendor that we had. The day went by so quickly and the very next day he sent us 16 sneak peek pictures which moved me to tears!!! I was so happy with how they turned out and now I cannot wait to see the rest!! He definitely exceeded our expectations! He is just so extremely talented and easy to work with! Out of all of our vendors, we are happiest about booking JR! I couldn’t imagine having any other photographer. He was just such a great fit for us and I am beyond thankful! If you book JR as your photographer I guarantee you will feel the same way!

Sent on 07/07/2015

I absolutely cannot say enough good things about JR. From the very beginning of our wedding planning he was friendly, professional, accommodating, and organized, and he did an absolutely fantastic job with both our wedding day and our engagement pictures. Truly a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/04/2015

I adore JR. He was sweet, helpful, kind, friendly, dapper, and his pictures are amazing! I selected him because his pictures had a soft, romantic feeling to them and the lighting was absolutely lovely. He was very transparent and professional leading up to the wedding and the photos he has given me are just lovely.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Gao · Married on 11/08/2014

JR was a pleasure to work with. He was so easy to work with and his work truly speaks for itself. We had the pleasure of doing our engagement shoot with JR and after working with him we knew our wedding photos would be incredible. We couldn't wait for JR to shoot our wedding! He was very professional and he responded extremely fast! He is one of the nicest person you will ever meet. He gets to know you and truly cares about you. We couldn't had picked a better photographer! We LOVED that he sent us a sneak peak the next day! We were so surprised and so happy! We would use JR's services again in a heart beat. If you want someone who will give you the most beautiful photos for you to remember your special day forever he is your guy!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Christine · Married on 09/19/2014

JR is so nice and easy to work with. He captured our wedding perfectly without being a distraction or nuisance. We are so incredibly happy with our wedding photos, and the quality of his work is astounding! You will not be disappointed. Thank you so much, JR!!!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Kaela · Married on 09/13/2014

Just got back our photo album today and I cant truly say we love everything from the album, to the photos, to the way he captured the day so perfectly! The only negative I can think of is there are really too many amazing photos to choose from that its a bit overwhelming!
    I had numerous guests tell me after the wedding that they couldnt believe how hard JR and his wife worked to capture every moment and that they had never seen a photographer go that above and beyond before. Even better, I hardly even noticed he was there! ...but that could be the champaign talking.
    JR answered all of my questions quickly and was very easy to work with. You can tell he truly cares about the product he delivers like it were his own wedding. He was even able to get all the groomsmen to stand still for 10 minutes for our group pictures which makes him a real miracle worker.
    I would say to absolutely work with JR and you wont be let down. He will without a doubt be one of the top photographers in the area for years to come.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Amy · Married on 08/30/2014

JR did such an amazing job capturing exactly what we were looking for on our wedding day. He listened to what was important to us and made sure he delivered on that. Nothing ever felt too posed or not like us, he just captured the moments as they were happening. We are so happy that we found JR and will be able to share the our memories of our wedding day with family and friends for years to come.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Emily · Married on 08/02/2014

JR is one of the nicest, most professional and talented photographers I have ever met. From the very beginning, he was so easy to work with and even traveled to Chicago to shoot our engagement photos (which turned out amazing). He shot our wedding with his wife Jennifer, who was equally talented and so sweet. JR sent us a sneak peak of our wedding photos the day after - which was awesome to see so soon! We were beyond happy with how our wedding photos turned out, they are simply stunning. I highly recommend JR Magat Photography - his work is amazing.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/12/2014

We are so happy we hired JR as our photographer for our wedding! He is very professional, flexible, and kind. As we looked at his work, we knew he was perfect for us and that he would capture our wedding story; the details, the moments, and the emotions. His work is amazing and he is very talented. He helped to make our wedding day a little bit more stress free, knowing our photos would turn out amazing! I highly recommend JR and would hire him again in the future!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Holly · Married on 05/31/2014

We love JR and are so happy we hired him to photograph our wedding! He has great talent for photography and is great to work with! He was very easy to get a hold of. We will definitely hire him again for the next thing we need a photographer for!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Anthony · Married on 09/21/2013

JR was a PHENOMENAL photographer. From the engagement pictures, to the wedding pictures, to creating the perfect story capturing our wedding day in our album, JR went above and beyond what we were expecting.

And photography skills aside, he is also a thoughtful and professional person.

We would definitely use JR again for future photo sessions and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Melanie · Married on 09/14/2013

I knew from the moment I saw JR's work that he was the perfect fit for our wedding style. Meeting with him in person made my decision even easier. Prior to our wedding date, JR was quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had, open to new ideas, and 100% flexible in making our photos the right fit for us. On our wedding day, JR used his time efficiently (we had a short wedding) to capture spectacular moments and details that we would have lost if it weren't for him. We also received several comments from guests about how friendly, easy going, and patient he was, not only with my husband and I, but with ALL of the guests he came in contact with. (crying flower girl? no problem!) The final product-- Breathtaking. The style of JR's photography is very candid and real. His edits are clean and light. Together, it leaves you with photos that evoke emotion and tell your story. Amazing artist, amazing person! We could not have been happier!

Sent on 12/21/2013

I highly recommend JR Magat. I am also professional photographer so when searching for a wedding photographer the bar was EXTREMELY high. We sought a wedding photographer who had a unique sense of style, great usage of light and composition and experience in urban and natural settings. Additionally, we were looking for a photographer who was flexible and could produce non-traditional wedding shots to match a non-traditional wedding format. After looking through a lot of websites, we decided to go with JR. The experience could not have been better. JR arrived early to the venue to scout, was fun to work with and worked so long into the night we had to tell him to go home. JR brought his wife as a second shooter. Despite being a less experienced photographer, we were also impressed by her pictures, her warmth and professionalism. JR’s has phenomenal attention to detail, and is a talented editor as evidenced by his post production work. JR not only captured the moment, he captured emotion and great beauty with his lens.

Sent on 11/02/2013

We could not be happier with JR! He is one of the nicest people I have met and his photos are amazing! The photos were exactly what we wanted them to be! They are beautiful and capture every moment of our day. He always responds to emails & texts quickly. He is also very good about getting photos back to you quickly. I had friends who got married weeks before us but we received our photos months before they received theirs! I cannot say enough good things about JR (and his wife Jennifer)! Book them today if you want an amazing wedding photographer!

Monica · Married on 06/29/2013

My husband and I are so happy we picked JR to photograph our wedding day. He's incredibly nice and easy to work with. He was flexible and worked with any ideas we had. JR also made a strong effort to get to know my husband and I. That meant a lot to us and we feel our pictures turned out great because we felt comfortable with him. We love how our pictures told a story and captured our wedding day from start to finish. JR truly has a unique eye. We were so happy he was able to catch all the emotional and detail shots of the decor. We look forward to working with JR again in the future. Next time, family photos!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Annie · Married on 05/11/2013

JR is an incredible photographer who really captured everything (the moment, the joy, the emotion, etc.) at our wedding, we were truly lucky to have him with us. He has a vision and we would highly recommend him to anyone for any event. JR exceeded our expectations. He is professional and truly knows what he is doing.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2012

JR did An amazing job on our Nov wedding! It was a stressful day for us but when we received our photos, it looked like we had a blast! JR definitely captured amazing moments even though the entire day went so fast, we were able to look through the photos and enjoy it all over again! He was truly professional and had such a calm demeanor. We highly recommend him for anyone looking for a genuinely good photographer that is flexible on everything you are looking for in a wedding photography and he offers amazing options for your wedding packages. We were truly happy with our engagement and wedding pictures. Thanks again JR.

Lisa & Ben

Sent on 12/20/2012

Andrew · Married on 04/29/2012

Their work speaks for itself, but I'll give my impressions of it here... JR Magat Photography handled our wedding this April exceptionally well. From the start, JR was professional and willing to work with us in order to meet our specific needs. We were impressed with our initial engagement photo session, and we are thrilled with the outcome of our wedding photographs. The photographers did a thorough job of documenting the event from start to finish, and their final images reveal the story of our wedding very well. They had an eye for the details AND the big picture, and they delivered their vision with the final product. The posed shots were great, but the more candid shots and the "action" shots were what impressed me the most. I'd strongly recommend that you consider trusting JR Magat Photography with your big day!

Sent on 06/17/2012