Joie De Vie Occasions Reviews

12 Reviews for Joie De Vie Occasions

1 User photo

Joie De Vie Occasions 1

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

I really don't know what I would have done without Amy. I can genuinely say she is a wedding life saver! I had NO idea how much organization and planning goes into coordination and day of scheduling alone. As the days grew closer to the big day, and panic set in, I found myself unable to manage the final details that I thought would be so simple. I reached out to Amy, and within moments of talking to her I knew I made the right decision. It was smooth sailing from there! I will never forget that initial conversation because it was the first time I felt calm in weeks. Amy's attention to detail is impeccable. I think what makes her extra special is her ability to pick up on the seemingly small details that actually make a huge difference. When planning out the day of timeline she took everyone's special requests into consideration and helped create a flow that only a pro could execute. Amy is incredibly professional- but also extremely fun to be around!! She will make you smile just when you need it most. Having her there that day was amazing. Thank you Amy!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Alexis · Married on 09/19/2015

Amy Ackerman was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding. As our day of wedding coordinator, she went far above and beyond our expectations, both with her initial meeting and lead up to the event, and on the actual day. She is professional, kind, and highly organized...all of the things I most wanted and needed during our wedding.

She showed her professionalism by effortlessly managing the dynamics between herself and the venues 'wedding coordinator' ensuring that my vision and desires were met, while avoiding conflict with the venue. In addition, during the actual wedding, she managed to identify several loose ends I hadn't thought of and gently remind me and my family, without further stressing us out.

This leads to the next attribute, kindness. I'm sure there are many highly capable wedding coordinators, but what I think makes Amy stand out is that she is equally kind and patient. This may seem obvious, but I've seen several of my friends wedding planners show their frustration or even snap at the bride during the weekend. Amy never came close...and if she was stressed or frustrated, no one would ever know. She was gracious and calm, which helped keep me that way on anything but a calm day.

Finally, Amy is extremely organized. She went through all of my vendors contracts, created our master timeline, and followed-up on loose ends to ensure no details were forgotten. We're so grateful to have had her assistance during what will surely be one of the most important and happiest days of our life. THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Anna · Married on 12/14/2013

Having Amy Ackerman by our side for our wedding was the best decision we made during the entire process! Not only was her team incredibly professional and willing to help in any way at all, but they were so fun to be around. Our wedding day was a snowy December day, so there was some room for disaster. However, I did not need to worry about any details because I trusted Amy and her team completely.

Working with Amy in the months before the wedding was so enjoyable. She is super organized and thinks through each situation with such consideration that is is immediately clear her clients have nothing to worry about. Amy's attention to detail proves she values each bride's unique perspective and wants them to have their perfect day.

I was so comforted while I was having my hair and make up done with my bridesmaids that I did not have to think about anything going wrong. We were able to enjoy the best weekend of our lives because we had the best help surrounding us.

I cannot wait to recommend Amy and her team to my girlfriends in the future!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Allison · Married on 09/22/2012

We just wanted to say "Thank you" from the bottom of my heart for making my wedding day, the most spectacular day of my life. My husband and I were amazed by your organization of the whole event with all of the vendors. I never really had anything to worry about, knowing that you were in charge. When our photographer told us " I don't like lists of must have photos", we were worried! But, You saved the day and did a phenomenal job assisting with family photos and making sure the photographer follows our list of "must have" shots. The venue also told us that you did a great job and were a pleasure to work with. From your bubbly personality to your professional "get down to busy" attitude; your personal touch to make everything special was the best part of working with you. From the flowers to the flow of the night, we could not have done it with out you. If anything did not happen the way it was supposed to, I had no idea and that means that you did an amazing job of really handling EVERYTHING! The fact that you came to our house to meet the photographer, and to our meetings with the florist and venue, speaks volumes about the perfect service that you provide for the bride and groom. We enjoyed every moment of our wedding and the planning with you.

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Joie De Vie Occasions 2

Karen · Married on 09/22/2012

Amy did an incredible job not only planning my sister's wedding, but also making sure the actual wedding day went off without a hitch - no easy feat, especially for a large outdoor wedding on a rainy day! Amy projects an amazing sense of calm and confidence, which allowed all of us (my family, the wedding party, and most importantly, my sister (the bride!)) to relax and really enjoy ourselves - even when one of our vendors was stuck in traffic. She also managed to keep seven bridesmaids, six groomsmen, two flower girls and a LOT of family right on schedule. I was also very impressed with Amy's demeanor - commanding but never bossy - a hard balance to achieve and perfect for overseeing so many people. Amy had incredible foresight and is clearly very detail-oriented. She thought of anything and everything to make my sister's big day gorgeous and carefree (including distributing a detailed schedule of the day's events to everyone in the wedding party). I cannot imagine how things could have gone any smoother. Hiring Amy will not only ensure you'll have a stunning event, it will also ensure it will go smoothly and you'll get to enjoy every moment!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Richard · Married on 09/22/2012

As the father of the bride for Ali and Kevin's wedding, it was amazing to have Amy as our wedding planner! Since my role was limited to saying "yes" to whatever requests I got, I was able to watch as things unfolded.
    Amy did a fantastic job keeping everyone on track and being prepared for their respective roles. Amy anticipated things that needed to be done, even before they occurred! Even more importantly, Amy helped keep the bride and her mother calm and able to enjoy what can be a very anxious day (not to mention the weeks before). Ali and Carol had no worries as Amy deftly handled many of the details. Anyone (especially the father) who has Amy's able assistance in planning and attending to their wedding, will understand how wonderful a job Amy does! Thank you!

Sent on 10/02/2017

MEGHAN · Married on 09/17/2011

Joie De Vie Occasions and Amy Ackerman in particular, helped make our wedding as enjoyable and seamless as possible. She is professional, courteous, punctual, organized and mostly importantly friendly. Amy went above and beyond her role as our day-of-coordinator by working with our vendors, setting up and finalizing all of those last minute to-dos that came up. She was extremely responsive and we knew we could count on her to make our day perfect. She even gave us suggestions with our planning process to ensure we were on the right track. Amy made it a top priority that our wedding day was stress free and that we had a great time. We couldn't have asked for a better day-of-coordinator for our wedding! We would highly recommend Joie De Vie Occasions for your wedding planning needs.

Sent on 09/06/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/07/2010

I cannot recommend Joie De Vie Occasions highly enough. Amy planned my destination wedding in Puerto Rico. She was instrumental in making sure everything looked beautiful and ran smoothly. We had a tropical monsoon during the outdoor ceremony and she kept 90 soaking wet guests (and one very wet bride) happy, laughing, and having the time of their lives. Years later I still have friends tell me it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. Amy is simply amazing!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Michaela · Married on 10/15/2007

It was an absolute pleasure and treat to work with Amy for my wedding! Amy is extremely detailed oriented, organized, creative, and outgoing. She made the entire process of planning not only stress free, but really fun. I was in grad school at the time and would not have been able to plan my wedding without her! She helped make our day special and unique to us. Amy was very professional and easy to work with. She communicated well and was always available for advice. On the day of the wedding, she was well prepared with tissues to wipe my happy tears during our first look! The day went by so smoothly and we were able to enjoy our day so much because of her hard work. I highly recommend Amy as a wedding planner! It is very obvious that she enjoys and takes pride in her work. I can not say enough wonderful things about her.
    ~ Michaela

Sent on 08/28/2017

Barbra · Married on 09/05/2007

Amy was a lifesaver at our wedding! From the beginning, Amy provided objective advice on colors, bridesmaid gowns, and the like. She confidently directed the rehearsal. After the maid of honor dropped out of the wedding, we relied even more on Amy to be the bride’s right-hand gal. Her help was invaluable in helping the bride get ready and generally coordinating the day. She knew exactly what needed to be done and when, and we’re immensely grateful!

Ken · Married on 09/05/2007

Our wedding celebration was held in the fall of 2007 at Smack Mellon Art Gallery in DUMBO. We were actually married on the Brooklyn Bridge Park Beach by the amphitheater steps. The park is public (so no help there) and we rented the art gallery’s space only. We had to take care of all the other details ourselves: caterer, tables/linens, lighting, decoration, photographer, DJ and the other endless particulars. Amy consulted with us on each and every detail, she helped us focus our efforts and make decisions. Amy truly understands the wedding scene in New York City. As we got closer to our wedding date, we realized that we needed someone to coordinate all the plans we had made and the details we had chosen. Amy’s presence was indispensible. While we were getting dressed, taking pictures and drinking champagne, Amy was at the wedding site getting things done. After close to a year of planning we had forgotten the number of vendors we had hired and the amount of detail we expected to be ready by the time we arrived at the location. Amy got all of the vendors where they needed to be, made sure the table set up was just right and must have done a million other things that we don’t even know about! Our wedding was perfect and we could not have done it without Amy’s help! We highly recommend Amy; she is awesome!

Tracy · Married on 06/30/2012

As a recent bride/client of Amy Ackerman, I am happy to report that it was an absolute pleasure working with Amy as our day-of-coordinator for our 240 guest wedding at The Rockleigh in Rockleigh, NJ. Although this venue was a new location for Amy, she was certain to take all the time and efforts necessary to familiarize herself with both the church and the reception venues in order to help produce a flourishing event day. Amy was exceptionally professional in the manor she worked and communicated with all the venue staff, my vendors as well as my wedding party and family. From my experience working with Amy, I feel she does have a lot of the strong points necessary to run a successful event. She is outgoing, well organized, intuitive, creative and assertive. One of the key standouts of why it was such a pleasure to work with Amy is due to her ability to focus on my vision of the full day events and at the same time enhance them as needed. Her valid concerns and outlook were all very well thought out. I very much appreciated all of her suggestions as they turned out to be such a high asset to the overall flow of the wedding day. Amy did go above and beyond what was expected from her as a day of coordinator and I would highly recommend her work for future events, as I am confident that she can tackle an event and deliver success. Most importantly Amy is entirely reliable and a pleasure to have around on an important event day.