I Do Wedding Consulting Reviews

8 | Charlotte, NC

8 Reviews for I Do Wedding Consulting

To be honest, at the start of planning our wedding, we thought that hiring a wedding planner would be a waste of time and money. Nancy and Salim proved just how wrong we were and we are very thankful we had them on our side throughout our wedding planning and day of execution.

From our initial meetings through to the final moments, Nancy and Salim were very friendly and very professional. Their communication is always clear and they have wonderful personalities which make it very easy to work with them.

Without Nancy, we could not even break a state of inertia in terms of knowing where to begin. She was great in providing suggestions that led us to our ultimate team of vendors. You never feel like you are not their #1 priority and only couple at any point in the process.

Now, we were entirely happy with just our planning efforts with Nancy and Salim... but I am not sure how we would have managed our wedding day without them.

Here are just a few things that Nancy and Salim took care of on our wedding day that were priceless.

-Our entire timeline was created with all the vendors and the Reverend without us ever having to discuss it.

-Our photographer had to change our timeline for portraits with a 15 minute warning, impacting all of our downstream timelines. They handled the adjustments and coordination with everyone on-site without any of us knowing.

-A fire alarm was pulled minutes before the ceremony began! Their team, simply put, handled it. Disaster averted.

-The groom's cuff links also broke just before the ceremony. Salim had everything needed to fix them on the spot.

We could write a list that goes well beyond the limits of a review on here. All of these things and more were done all while Nancy was just over 33 weeks pregnant! She and her husband, Salim, are the best and we have already recommended our friends use them for their future weddings.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Haylee · Married on 06/21/2014

Nancy and her husband Salim are truly amazing! I can't thank them enough for how special and stress free they made our wedding day! They were in constant communication with us during the planning process and kept us on track. They became close friends to my husband and I and we appreciate everything they did to make our day perfect. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Ben · Married on 05/11/2013

As a groom, marrying for the first time, I knew nothing about planning a wedding. However, being a fairly organized person, I figured that I could handle the task with no issue. It became quite apparent, quite quickly, that I was in way over my head. Once my wife and I began to go over our list of tasks that must be completed we decided that a wedding planner may be needed. After a quick Google search we scheduled a meeting with Nancy and Salim from I-Do Wedding Consulting. After a 30-45 minute meeting we knew that interviews any other planners would not be required. Nancy and Salim were a slam dunk choice from the first moment.

In addition to being incredibly organized and experienced, Nancy is also a great businesswoman. She makes herself constantly available to her clients and over delivers on your wedding day. Using her years of experience combined with an incredibly thorough planning process there was not a single stone left unturned prior to the big day. The day of our wedding came and went like a dream and we literally felt like the President and First Lady all day. I could not imagine having our wedding without the help of Nancy and Salim.

I also want to mention a word or two about the cost of hiring a planner. Although hiring a planner may seem cost prohibitive at first, my wife and I realized that hiring Nancy actually SAVED us money in the long run. With such vast experience in the industry Nancy and Salim were able to make recommendations regarding different ways to do things that we never would have thought of all while maintaining our theme.

I am incredibly pleased not only to have had the opportunity to work with the IDWC team on our wedding day, but also to call Nancy and Salim our friends.

My name is Ben Baker and if you would like to speak to me personally about my experience with I-Do Wedding Consulting please do not hesitate to contact me at any time at bakerb24@gmail.com.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Lell · Married on 10/13/2012

Above and Beyond!! Outstanding! 5 Stars is not enough for Nancy and Salim of I do Wedding Consulting, LLC. They are professionals and know this business better than anyone, but what I will carry with me in my heart is their concern, kindness and passion for making you feel so well taken care of. I hired them before my fiance had a chance to meet them, then after our first meeting, we both looked at each other and knew without a doubt this was the best team for us. At the end of the night of our wedding, my now husband, my entire family and I said that hiring Nancy and Salim was the best decision I could have made. They made sure I did not have any stress on my wedding day. They took of care of every detail, vendor, and whenever a last minute issue came up, they were right there to fix it. There are not enough words to describe how blessed we feel to have found Nancy and her team. My wedding day was my dream wedding and I have them to thank for it.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Nancy and Salim were amazing. Me and my husband travel quite a bit for work and thus we mainly communicated by email or phone calls during the planning process. Nancy could always find time for us if it was late one evening or on the weekends. Every phone call/ semi-worrying email was responded to within 24hrs. In the few days before the wedding when all the final details were being ironed out I was able to spend time with my friends and family from out of town because Nancy was responding to all emails from all the vendors and making sure everyone was on the same page. She even realised we had forgotten the napkins and took care of it right away. As far as the day of, all I had to do was show up and follow the timeline they had created and communicated to all of our vendors for us. We also had a number of time consuming details at the reception which they set up for us and even fixed the night before when the signs for the chairs didn't turn out right. My husband, our families and I could really enjoy the wedding because we trusted Nancy and Salim and they did not disappoint in any aspects. I couldn't have done the wedding of my dreams without them.

Sent on 07/31/2012

I Do Wedding Consulting's reply:

Thank you Amy! You were so fun to work with and we are honored to have been part of your day!!

Caroline · Married on 04/14/2012

If I could give Nancy and Salim 18 stars for their help coordinating and planning our wedding, I would. To say that they were a huge help during our wedding planning process is an understatement. We were truly able to sit back and be guests at our own wedding. Not only did we immediately fall in love with Nancy's bubbly enthusiasm, humor and ability to visualize what we wanted for our wedding, we were completely blown away by her professional, communication and thoroughness. Nancy was caring and sweet throughout our wedding day, and Salim was always on hand with a glass of water or wine or a plate of food. We felt so catered to, pampered and loved by these two. Neither my husband nor I can imagine not having them as a treasured part of our day and our future lives. They are amazing and priceless.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Rob · Married on 10/22/2011

From beginning to end Nancy and her team of I Do Wedding Consulting helped my wife and I through every step of the process. Her overall planning, suggestions, and general help put my Wife and I at ease and allowed us to enjoy our wedding weekend and not have to worry about anything. As my Wife and I got closer to our wedding date, our stress level actually dropped becuase Nancy and her team had planned everything> We spent our wedding weekend dancing and laughing, all the while entrusting Nancy to deliver the wedding day we always dreamed of. i couldnt ask for a better experience!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Shea · Married on 04/23/2011

Nancy is a great communicator - she dots every "I" and crosses every "T". If you want to be relaxed on your big day... you should seek services from I Do Wedding Consulting!

Sent on 04/26/2011